(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 6 years ago

Wish they'd fastrack Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder) instead-
    Save Toy Story for when the final Toy Story comes- if the next one is the last one?
    That's been the rumor to be JJP #6 for the longest time now it seems.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Imagine how good Willy Wonka would be? Damn wish it was next or Alice.....both would be incredible. Toy Story will be too but i pref the former 2 much more.

Alice- as in, American McGee's Alice?
    I'd love to see that theme bigtime but its too edgy/not enough mainstream for a JPP game.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yes. I would take tim burton's take on it too. They can make an alice game that isn't over the top horror that still hooks in people like me and you.

I like the style of Burton's Alice, but as a theme I think it's even lesser than PoTC, in my view anyway. The first film made good money, the second film kind of tanked.

At least as POTC goes, those films- at least the first trilogy- were undeniably blockbusters. And the first was actually critically acclaimed. Burton didn't even return for the second Alice.

Jack has to think about marketability for long term sales. When he started Hobbit- his least financially successful effort to date- he had good reason to believe the Trilogy would have a massive audience.

Don't think he could say the same for Alice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?tu=cheshirefilms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.