(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 6 years ago

I would think it's basically guaranteed that JJP5 is Toy Story considering the famous rumor is now 2 for 2. JJP killing it.

#2 6 years ago

I’m excited for toy story but not the price.

#3 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure this will be the case.

#4 6 years ago

Toy Story would be interesting

#5 6 years ago

I hope so.

#6 6 years ago

Toy Story? Good Grief....let's get some real themes going here.....UGH!

We might just need a SNOWFLAKES Pinball Machine....with a safe space, college university where you can earn worthless college degrees like Female Gender Studies, Starbucks where you can buy a Unicorn Frap and more!

SMH!

At least with the new PoTC....you'll be able to retheme it into a Christoper Columbus Pinball Machine!

#7 6 years ago

The only problem with it being Toy Story is the movie isn't supposed to drop until June 21, 2019. I think Toy Story is coming but it seems like there's a possibility another Lawlor original could drop in between POTC and Toy Story just to bridge that gap and get us another title announcement / release before the end of next year.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Toy Story is an amazing theme to gain traction with a younger audiences since Toy Story 1 was released more than 22 years ago. I can't wait for it because I know my kids will be more into pinball and that to me is important.

#9 6 years ago

JJP will certainly deliver on a Toy Story theme. Nobody else will capture and maximize the potential of that theme any better.

#10 6 years ago

le will be 10500 by then good grief , but a killer theme for the
    younger generation

#11 6 years ago

I struggle to think of a worse theme than toy story. Zero interest here, but I'm sure others disagree.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

We might just need a SNOWFLAKES Pinball Machine....with a safe space, college university where you can earn worthless college degrees like Female Gender Studies, Starbucks where you can buy a Unicorn Frap and more!

Jeez man, relax.

Quoted from Chicoman:

At least with the new PoTC....you'll be able to retheme it into a Christoper Columbus Pinball Machine!

Also, Columbus was a really shitty person. Probably in the top 15 shittiest people of all time, what with all of the selling 10 year old girls into sex slave trade, enslaving indigenous people for personal gain and gold, cutting off their hands or ears or noses if they didn't meet his gold quota, introducing horrible diseases that killed off millions of people, and literally never landing on what would be United States soil.

#13 6 years ago

Toy Story would be a terrible theme. Come on JJP if you want to do an animated theme "The Nightmare Before Christmas" by far is the best choice.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

SMH!

Can you go SYH somewhere else? You don't have to like Disney themes, but no need to shower the rest of us in your angst and bile. We're talking pinball here, not culture-wars conspiracy babble.

#15 6 years ago

I'm only mentioning TS b/c that was what the original rumor said. I personally dont care for that as a theme either but JJP makes anything play well and they will do wonders with TS

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Toy Story? Good Grief....let's get some real themes going here.....UGH

I'm 100% certain this is just a troll who hasn't been noticed by mods yet.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

The only problem with it being Toy Story is the movie isn't supposed to drop until June 21, 2019. I think Toy Story is coming but it seems like there's a possibility another Lawlor original could drop in between POTC and Toy Story just to bridge that gap and get us another title announcement / release before the end of next year.

Would be refreshing to see a themed game come out BEFORE the franchise is irrelevant!

Kidding!

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

SMH!

Lol....A "Safe Space" Pinball would probably be a great idea these days...I'm not touching the rest of your comment lol

#19 6 years ago

Yay!!! It will save for 1.5years for toy story.

I just bought the trilogy on blu Ray

I can only imagine how much awesomeness the playfield would be with JJP making it.

I swear. Seeing POTC makes me want to sell my swle now

Heck. Even hacking my snes classic and putting toy story on it was great.

#20 6 years ago

For what it's worth NEXT SUMMER 2018 is when Toy Story Land will open up in Disney World.... If anything they would want it out before the movie to promote it. I can see this hitting next summer for sure.

0820209sdb (resized).jpg0820209sdb (resized).jpg

os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpgos-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Jeez man, relax.

Also, Columbus was a really shitty person. Probably in the top 15 shittiest people of all time, what with all of the selling 10 year old girls into sex slave trade, enslaving indigenous people for personal gain and gold, cutting off their hands or ears or noses if they didn't meet his gold quota, introducing horrible diseases that killed off millions of people, and literally never landing on what would be United States soil.

So I take it you choose to celebrate "Indigenous People Day" instead of "Columbus Day."

#22 6 years ago

Toy Story is a Pat game - hope it's narrow body.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

JJP will certainly deliver on a Toy Story theme. Nobody else will capture and maximize the potential of that theme any better.

You're not being fair! Stern would totally buy some bootleg Toy Story toys on Ali Baba and randomly affix them to the playfield.

#24 6 years ago

I'm wondering if they are actually hurting themselves by waiting to make this "big deal" out of the reveal. Case in point:

Pinball player Joe wants to buy a new machine. He has enough money for a new in box game. Sees Stern come out with a new Star Wars game, but wonders what JJP will release for game #4. Gets tired of waiting, buys SW. PotC comes out, Joe no longer has the funds to purchase it.

If JJP comes out today and tells me Toy Story is game #5, with Pat designing it, I will start saving up for that game and THAT GAME only. No other game will threaten my wallet! But if they wait, and something else comes along, I might be tempted to buy that game instead of JJP #5.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Toy Story is an amazing theme to gain traction with a younger audiences since Toy Story 1 was released more than 22 years ago. I can't wait for it because I know my kids will be more into pinball and that to me is important.

I cannot begin to describe how I wish I hadn't read that comment. 22 years. Wow. Time flies when you're having fun.

I agree though. The toy story theme has me very excited as well.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

So I take it you choose to celebrate "Indigenous People Day" instead of "Columbus Day."

Haha, yea, I try to spread the Columbus truth when I can. Sorry. Didn't mean to feed the trolls or derail things...

Alas. While I'm not personally interested in a Toy Story theme, I think it'd still hold incredible value in arcades and collections. Toy Story has successfully become a franchise that has transcended generations.

#27 6 years ago

I agree if JJP says #5 is Toy Story by Pat I will give my deposit for CE NOW!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm wondering if they are actually hurting themselves by waiting to make this "big deal" out of the reveal. Case in point:
    Pinball player Joe wants to buy a new machine. He has enough money for a new in box game. Sees Stern come out with a new Star Wars game, but wonders what JJP will release for game #4. Gets tired of waiting, buys SW. PotC comes out, Joe no longer has the funds to purchase it.
    If JJP comes out today and tells me Toy Story is game #5, with Pat designing it, I will start saving up for that game and THAT GAME only. No other game will threaten my wallet! But if they wait, and something else comes along, I might be tempted to buy that game instead of JJP #5.

I get your eagerness to know, but JJP's own history has proven that the smart business decision is to announce the game when it's near final. Gives less time for everyone to nit pick the design, grow less excited with the theme, and get cold feet about ordering (see Hobbit). They handled the DI announcement similar to the Pirates announcement and that seemed to work out OK for them. I'm thinking this will be their approach going forward.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Toy Story would be a terrible theme. Come on JJP if you want to do an animated theme "The Nightmare Before Christmas" by far is the best choice.

Oh, I'm torn on this one.

I'd love a Toy Story....
    and A Nightmare Before Christmas too!

#30 6 years ago

I'm actually saving now for JJP#5. Pirates is gorgeous and I want it crazy bad, but the math on the money just isn't there for me right now. But it can be by JJP5. Hoping for a widebody Toystory!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I struggle to think of a worse theme than toy story. Zero interest here, but I'm sure others disagree.

But that wouldn't be me. I don't get the interest in this theme just as I didn't get Wizard of Oz when that came out. Maybe we will soon see a Pocahontas or a Casablanca next.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

Oh, I'm torn on this one.
    I'd love a Toy Story....
    and A Nightmare Before Christmas too!

You already have a NBC, stop being selfish!

#33 6 years ago

Toy story is next pin I'll be in on ce myself

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

You already have a NBC, stop being selfish!

What he said. Your opinion is now tainted

#35 6 years ago

What's funny is that this being POTC has cemented everyone's belief that the next game is Toy Story (perhaps Muppets?).

If it ends up not being Toy Story minds are going to be blown at the next reveal regardless of what the game looks like

#36 6 years ago

I hope not, I was hoping the bad themes would end at woz and dialed in, would be a good game for kids, but a 10k game isnt for kids, maybe a stern pro.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

I hope not, I was hoping the bad themes would end at woz and dialed in, would be a good game for kids, but a 10k game isnt for kids, maybe a stern pro.

woz a bad theme? what in the world? woz = classic theme.

#38 6 years ago

Who the hell above 5 years old wants a Toy Story pinball machine? Seriously?

#39 6 years ago

JJP has got to be loving the Disney themes. Puts Disney on the hook for probably close to 100 machines to put in all their theme parks and resorts.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm actually saving now for JJP#5. Pirates is gorgeous and I want it crazy bad, but the math on the money just isn't there for me right now. But it can be by JJP5. Hoping for a widebody Toystory!

I’m in the same boat as u. Also add I only have room for 1 more game. I would want TS in CE but even at $16k cnd. I would have to really think about it. If the cnd goes up. Then it becomes and easy yes. But at the same time. If the cnd drops. Then the LE is realistically all I can afford

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Toy Story was the first movie that my wife and I saw when we started dating and our son will be going out on Halloween this year dressed as Woody.

Aside from a few, Pixar movies have great stories and enjoyable moments for both kids as well as adults, nevermind the fact that they're all animated. I've always been big into animation and appreciate the detail that Pixar puts into their movies, right down to the woodgrain, nail heads and scuff marks in the baseboards in Andy's room. Amazing!

Also bear in mind that almost all of the toys in Toy Story are from generations that grew up before the 90s.

It's more than just a theme for 5 year olds.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

*sheepishly raises hand*

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

SMH!

Wow.. some people really hate Toy Story... and college.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

woz a bad theme? what in the world? woz = classic theme.

Its its a classic theme but too classic, I know alot of people were wondering "what they were thinking" when they announced it..

Actually if you search on here, think after wwe, voted the worst theme in the past 10yrs in a poll on pinside lol.

#45 6 years ago

I for one am glad JJP doesn't make all their decisions based off the desires of Pinside.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I for one am glad JJP doesn't make all their decisions based off the desires of Pinside.

Ditto. Look at all the people hating on a potc theme. Where are they all now? Potc blew the doors off. Woz as a theme is timeless in most people's minds, and I believe the fact that it's still selling and is a masterpiece prove that theme doesn't make a machine. DI anyone? Toy story is an all time classic franchise, and many of us with disposable money will back that up with our wallets. Jjp has picked great themes, and even surprised us with a kooky original theme. Jjp is picking up major steam people, and we're all benefiting from the many great choices these days.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from spazzman90:

JJP has got to be loving the Disney themes. Puts Disney on the hook for probably close to 100 machines to put in all their theme parks and resorts.

Wish I knew where they hide all their pins. Only have the old IJA at the Anaheim resorts. Maybe they have more arcade and pin space in Florida...

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Ditto. Look at all the people hating on a potc theme. Where are they all now? Potc blew the doors off. Woz as a theme is timeless in most people's minds, and I believe the fact that it's still selling and is a masterpiece prove that theme doesn't make a machine. DI anyone? Toy story is an all time classic franchise, and many of us with disposable money will back that up with our wallets. Jjp has picked great themes, and even surprised us with a kooky original theme. Jjp is picking up major steam people, and we're all benefiting from the many great choices these days.

POTC theme is terrible but JJP are masters so they make it so good. Looked at DI? TS is actually not bad so expect another winner.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Start saving for Toy Story then.

#50 6 years ago

I think they hit the sweet spot in pricing. I have a feeling they won't up the price on Toy Story.

Do I like the price? Hell no... but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an LE. I think lots of people are in the same rocking boat.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.