(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You’d probably like this one then.... 15k bricks and it works better than Magic Girl. Integrated topper is exclusive to this one-of-a-kind proto, SLE model. Someone is probably willing to drop 23k for it.
    OMG - this pinball machine is themed for the 70’s but has features from 2010 pin. I won’t spoil all the elements, but Marie is my hero of the month. Maybe JJP will interview her for designer apprentice position (hint, hint).... or she might make a hella guest on someone’s pinball podcast (hint, hint).
    QUIZ - Name four modern designers who have designed, engineered, coded, audio, visual, custom interactive toys AND built a complete pinball machine by themself? Each qualify as a true renaissance man. Bonus points for also naming the game. hint - not all games went into production. Answer comes tomorrow.
    [quoted image]

That's absolutely incredible. Someone should hire her. Dunno how good she is with geometry, but in terms of creative design and mechanics, she's obviously pretty talented.

Another reason why it's so ridiculous that DR would hire that vapid sponge JPop. All the money spent on his bullshit could go towards bringing newer, better blood into the industry.

1 month later
    #302 5 years ago

Toy Story would be fine as #5. So would Willy Wonka. But why not shoot for the stars and go for the one that most people want.....Harry Potter. JJP should work hard to grab that one before Stern does. It would be a real winner!

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcadem:

Toy Story would be fine as #5. So would Willy Wonka. But why not shoot for the stars and go for the one that most people want.....Harry Potter. JJP should work hard to grab that one before Stern does. It would be a real winner!

Stern have never done an out and out children's theme. Neither did SEGA. I guess Rocky & Bullwinkle is arguable for DE.

I doubt they want it. It's not really their market, the license would probably be prohibitively expensive, and it's not going to be a collector's game like BM'66 or Beatles, so where's the value in it for them?

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcadem:

Yes, Jack should fly out to England with a WOZ ECLE sitting next to him in the airplane , show JK Rowling and Warner Bros it and get the deal done

#305 5 years ago

I hope you're right about Stern passing on the title because I am not a fan of their product quality. That being said, recent polls re. What game people would like to see have "Harry Potter " at or near the top of the results so I would see the value of it, as you ask, in strong world wide sales and a family friendly topic which would add to the popularity of pinball and continued growth in the hobby. What is wrong with that?

#306 5 years ago

I much prefer original themes to licensed themes 99% of the time. I am not a fan of PoTC and didn't feel we needed 2 pins from that movie franchise.

That being said, I'd be interested to see what could be done with a Rick and Morty themed pin.

#307 5 years ago

Answers to Quiz - Name four modern pinball designers who designed, engineered and coded a game AND who produced audio, visual, animations and custom toys AND who built a complete production ready pinball machine AND who have had commercial success from it. Not many names remain....

1) Ben Heck - AMH - First time designer, designed and built a home brew game and joined Spooky to contract manufacture 150 games. Ben ushered in the era of building pinball machines first and worrying about production second. Reference - pinball’s Golden Decade (2015 - 2025).

2) Scott Denesi - TNA - First time designer, designed and built a home brew game, before contracting with Spooky to manufacture 550+ games.

3) Keith Elwin - Archer - First time designer, designed and built a home brew game and joined Stern to contract manufacture it. Rethemed and refined, Iron Maiden is Stern’s highest rated game to date and has sold thousands.

Bree - Benny’s Spaceship Adventure - First time designer, designed and built a home brew game from 15k legos. In need of a patreon .

My hopes of seeing WOOLY by Riot Pinball one day remain high

Building pinballs is hard, but three modern day renaissance men have reached the highest pinnacle of pinball. Launching a success pinball machine and fueling the highest level of artistic expression to infiltrate the fabric of pinball machines. Against the odds, these designers had a clear vision, fought for what they believed, launched their design and Just Did It!

#308 5 years ago

please god no Toy Story or Harry Potter.

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

Here's an idea. What about a machine, non-licensed, based on music itself. Cabinetry could be painted with the grand staff and musical notes as well as other music symbols. I've always thought the written language of music was beautiful. A black and bright white painted playfield would look amazing with million color LED's. Playfield toys could be mini musical instruments. All genres of music could be produced as part of different modes. Would look good next my grand piano! just a thought...

maybe a liberace backglass?

#310 5 years ago

Roger Sharpe has stated that he has negotiated first dibs to broker the Harry Potter license if and when JK Rowlings decides to do it.

His son works for Stern. If Stern wants to do it, the will get it.

Also, because this is based on such a huge underlying property, we can't dismiss a "book based" Harry Potter pin to cut down on the costs of getting all those assets from WB.

1 month later
    #311 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Roger Sharpe has stated that he has negotiated first dibs to broker the Harry Potter license if and when JK Rowlings decides to do it.
    His son works for Stern. If Stern wants to do it, the will get it.
    Also, because this is based on such a huge underlying property, we can't dismiss a "book based" Harry Potter pin to cut down on the costs of getting all those assets from WB.

It is surprising that there has not been a big animated Harry Potter series yet. That would likely be a path for a more affordable license for a pinball machine.

2 weeks later
    #312 5 years ago

So is it Wonka first, then Toy Story? Should change thread title accordingly.

#313 5 years ago

So is it Wonka first, then Toy Story? Should change thread title accordingly.

Nothing confirmed yet. This was a speculation thread....

#314 5 years ago

David Thiel is no longer with JJP. So thats pretty fucking bad news. JJPOTC had an amazing sound package.

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

David Thiel is no longer with JJP. So thats pretty fucking bad news. JJPOTC had an amazing sound package.

whaaaa? where is he going? He's so talented.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Nothing confirmed yet. This was a speculation thread....

Makes sense, it will always be speculation until it’s not. But ... what if the next JJP turns out to be Wonka, as is almost universally believed today? Then this thread looks like a chump for betting on the wrong horse and sounding so sure of itself. I’d bet at that point you’d argue,” Toy Story will definitely be next”. But ... what if Kaneda is right and G&R comes second followed by Toy Story. Then this thread looks clueless. Anyone could have predicted Toy Story would be one of the next three JJP releases. But the whole point of this thread is that Toy Story is next, evidently. Prevailing winds have shifted and the matter is up in the air, so the title seems out of focus.

#317 5 years ago

Makes sense, it will always be speculation until it’s not. But ... what if the next JJP turns out to be Wonka? Then this thread looks like a chump for betting on the wrong horse. I’d bet at that point you’d say,” Toy Story will definitely be next”. But ... what if Kaneda is right and G&R comes next? Then this thread looks clueless. Anyone could have predicted Toy Story would be one of the next three JJP releases. But the whole point of this thread is evidently that Toy Story is next and that it is the prevailing wind. Since it is much more in the air than that, the title seems to be out of focus to me, given what has happened during the 315 posts in this thread.

A thread title that has a question mark in it speculating if it could be JJP4 is a "chump"? Or it's "clueless" if GnR is next? I'm so glad you're communicating that the thread "seems to be out of focus" to you. Here's the part you're missing. No one cares Jeff....I'm actually thinking of changing the title accordingly to include that.

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

A thread title that has a question mark in it speculating if it could be JJP4 is a "chump"? Or it's "clueless" if GnR is next? I'm so glad you're communicating that the thread "seems to be out of focus" to you. Here's the part you're missing. No one cares Jeff....I'm actually thinking of changing the title accordingly to include that.

I care, so that’s one. but the title “jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4?” seems stagnate given some of the changes that have occurred in one year.. And since I gotta keep coming back, it was paining me a little bit every time I entered. I don’t care what you call it, just pick something a little snazzier.

#319 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

No one cares Jeff....I'm actually thinking of changing the title accordingly to include that.

I double dog dare you!!!

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

whaaaa? where is he going? He's so talented.

DeepRoot and I think they locked him up exclusively for a certain period of time? It's a big loss to JJP as David Thiel does incredible sound design.

Maybe JJP will bring Chris Granner back for JJP #5?

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.