(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg
    There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Jack told two different people I know at the Allentown show that he does not have the license for Toy Story. He said it was too expensive and they are not doing it unless somehow the license rights price dropped.

Are the people he said that to on Pinside? It would be interesting to hear it from them.

Jack was asked at expo if he was doing another Disney license. He said it would make sense (two purchase two licenses) since WOZ and TH were from Warner Bros, it would make sense to purchase 2 from Disney.

Not seeking attention or trying to make a headline, but I had notable JJP employee tell me 2 months ago that they are making Toy Story. It's not a secret to anybody re: Willy Wonka and Toy Story. Just sharing what I heard so people that are looking forward to that title still have hope that it will be made.

I was also told that Pat Lawlor is designing JJP5 and Eric Meunier is at the helm on JJP6.

#252 5 years ago

I will be so bummed if Toy Story does not happen, I was very excited for that one

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

I will be so bummed if Toy Story does not happen, I was very excited for that one

But, given assets on Pirate's. Toy story has me worried. Will we get any of the Randy Newman songs? Charter voices? Awesome pixer animation?

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Are the people he said that to on Pinside? It would be interesting to hear it from them.
    Jack was asked at expo if he was doing another Disney license. He said it would make sense (two purchase two licenses) since WOZ and TH were from Warner Bros, it would make sense to purchase 2 from Disney.
    Not seeking attention or trying to make a headline, but I had notable JJP employee tell me 2 months ago that they are making Toy Story. It's not a secret to anybody re: Willy Wonka and Toy Story. Just sharing what I heard so people that are looking forward to that title still have hope that it will be made.
    I was also told that Pat Lawlor is designing JJP5 and Eric Meunier is at the helm on JJP6.

Both people are on pinside. One is more active than the other.

I hope they're wrong. That's a title I would love to see and would probably be in sight unseen.

I didn't get the impression that it was told to them in confidence. It seemed more along the lines of I don't know where these rumors get started kind of conversation.

Maybe it's a deflection of some sort.. I didn't get to speak to Jack personally at the show. Was thinking maybe someone besides my 2 friends did.

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Might as well be simply Wonka.

Simple? On Pinside?

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Simple? On Pinside?

WONK sounds right to my ear. But admit I'll probably just use the full version = Wonka. Reference: Iron Man = IM, Iron Maiden = Maiden. Also reference: Whirlwind = WW, White Water = WH2O and Willy Wonka = Wonka.

#257 5 years ago

I think JJP is going to get in on a music theme and that is likely GNR. They apparently have a relationship with Slash and the license will be a heck of a lot easier to attain than another Disney machine. They will blow GNR out of the box if that is what it is!

#258 5 years ago

I kind of hope for another original theme but I’ll take anything standard or lawlor and anytime jjp releases either one of the two I’ll make collection sacrifices if need be and own it But I don’t get the wide body obsession with jjp .
    my collection would be Williams and jjp only if he’d just make some standards .I love my dialed in it’s a piece of art and well made . it’s nice to look at turned off let alone when you turn it on the game ,it makes me lose track of time and I’m transcended into quantum city effortlessly the flow is amazing and that is what it’s about if your mind escapes into somewhere else .I have a hard time thinking I’ll feel like I’m buzz or woody but if it’s done right my brain will accept it

So I believe no matter the content or characters if the programming can suck ya in it works and the flow is there .I’m happy be a mouse a parrot or a carrot or buzz or whatever its all about taking ya there tickling those brain sensors and having fun and escaping for minute or hours haha my case hours ...

#259 5 years ago

If JJP doesn't have or won't be getting toy story, how could that game be themed? I'd like to see a Monsters or Lego based game for JJP#6. JJP#5 would be Wonka and JJP#7 Lawlor's unlicensed game.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Kaneda, TWIP and Head2Head have all said Toy Story and Willy Wonka have "officially" switched release order even though neither title has been "officially" confirmed.
    Getting anything out of Jersey Jack is like pulling hen's teeth. I find it hard to believe that he'd be that forthcoming unless it's a red herring. Not calling anyone a liar.

Just to clarify, to the best of my knowledge, Kaneda and Head2Head found out about that on TWIP (so it is just once source reporting that, not three).

So if it turns out to be incorrect, blame me not them!

#261 5 years ago

How is Willy Wonka a theme in the running? I think it would be a huge miss as a theme. Is this a joke?

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

How is Willy Wonka a theme in the running? I think it would be a huge miss as a theme. Is this a joke?

I would think same reason Woz was in the mix.

I actually think it will outsell Woz, huge success of slot machines in Vegas.

We shall see

#263 5 years ago

I nominate the name of WIWO

... and would likely buy it if they ever finish Hobbit's code

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

It has been a strong rumor for years and Pat is designing it.

It will happen for sure.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It has been a strong rumor for years and Pat is designing it.
    It will happen for sure.

Hope you're right!!!!

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

We shall see

WOZ sold probably more than half of the games sold at $6500 to $7500. I don't see a $9000 to $9500 game selling 3000+ units unless it is something extra special.

I guess I should add, at least not until inflation makes $9500 for a pinball machine seem like a good price based on the value of a dollar.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

We shall see

I agree! The Willy Wonka slot machines keep taking my money. The slot is so fun to play, and I don't mind spending the money - totally immersive! It will be a big hit!

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Jack told two different people I know at the Allentown show that he does not have the license for Toy Story. He said it was too expensive and they are not doing it unless somehow the license rights price dropped.

Yep.... I was one of them.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

When people see Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka fill the entire screen for Chocolate River Multiball with him yelling and tons of crazy cool lighting effects going off they will be hooked! Willy Wonka by JJP could end up being a huge success.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

WOZ sold probably more than half of the games sold at $6500 to $7500. I don't see a $9000 to $9500 game selling 3000+ units unless it is something extra special.
    I guess I should add, at least not until inflation makes $9500 for a pinball machine seem like a good price based on the value of a dollar.

This is true DC.

Hard to figure how JJP makes it if they don't? Especially 1 pin every 1 1/2 years. At that price maybe they only need 1500 sales?

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When people see Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka fill the entire screen for Chocolate River Multiball with him yelling and tons of crazy cool lighting effects going off they will be hooked! Willy Wonka by JJP could end up being a huge success.

Except we probably won’t get video or actor assets! Just some fake Gene Wilder yelling ooompa loooompa jackpot!! LOL!

#272 5 years ago

I would do anything to see them make Willy Wonka! Words can't express how happy I would be!

#273 5 years ago

Willy Wonka and WOZ are two of Elaut's most popular coin pushers and Jersey Jack used to be their CEO. I wouldn't be surprised to see that theme being released by them.

https://www.elaut-amusement.com/amusement-games/pusher-willy-wonka-6player

#274 5 years ago

It is not only important which license to pick, but if you do, make sure you are allowed to use everything. If you dont, just skip the license. Even when it is a fantastic theme, it is worth halve of that when not allowed to use music, video, call outs, images etc etc.

3 weeks later
    #275 5 years ago
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    #276 5 years ago

Now that's a smoking gun!

#277 5 years ago

I really hope JJP doesn't do a Guns and Roses pin. I think a Back to the Future Trilogy pinball machine by JJP would destroy Guns and Roses in terms of sales.

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really hope JJP doesn't do a Guns and Roses pin.

Isn't there enough music pins?
    On second thought, I'd take an Oingo Boingo pin!

#279 5 years ago

I’d take a GNR JJP pin.

Would be really interesting to see what they do with a music pin.

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’d take a GNR JJP pin.
    Would be really interesting to see what they do with a music pin.

Never ganna happen. So we should all stop dreaming about it.
    Do you want Jack's phone number? He will tell you personally for an hour and give 50 reasons why. By the way, there all good reasons.
    Not there company goal and business model is #1.

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Never ganna happen. So we should all stop dreaming about it.
    Do you want Jack's phone number?

Yes.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He will tell you personally for an hour and give 50 reasons why. By the way, there all good reasons.

We'll see.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really hope JJP doesn't do a Guns and Roses pin. I think a Back to the Future Trilogy pinball machine by JJP would destroy Guns and Roses in terms of sales.

Couldn't agree more Panzer, a BTTF pin from JJP with full audio and visual assests from all 3 movies would be a must buy from me, also BOND, I heard rumours years ago Jack was trying to secure the Bond licence with access to all the films assests, either of those themes I would most probably ponie up the cash for a CE, make them happen Jack!

#283 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Couldn't agree more Panzer, a BTTF pin from JJP with full audio and visual assests from all 3 movies would be a must buy from me, also BOND, I heard rumours years ago Jack was trying to secure the Bond licence with access to all the films assests, either of those themes I would most probably ponie up the cash for a CE, make them happen Jack!

I’m with you Jon, I’d be in for a CE with both of these pins.

#284 5 years ago

Bond is high on my want list as well

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Bond is high on my want list as well

Good, more likely than a music pin.
    But way long on the to do list.
    I really dont mean to be a debbie downer, but Jack, and JJP is set as a company for now. Dream themes, IE BTTF, Bond, GNR, just not on the short or long list.

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I agree ! JJP needs a GNR
    Enough kiddie games
    Get some balls (steel)

3 months later
    #287 5 years ago

Here's an idea. What about a machine, non-licensed, based on music itself. Cabinetry could be painted with the grand staff and musical notes as well as other music symbols. I've always thought the written language of music was beautiful. A black and bright white painted playfield would look amazing with million color LED's. Playfield toys could be mini musical instruments. All genres of music could be produced as part of different modes. Would look good next my grand piano! just a thought...

#288 5 years ago

Don’t be fooled. The original Wonka movie is one of the greatest classic Hollywood films ever made. Yeah it’s a little campy and a little silly and it’s kid friendly. But the story and moral theme is very strong. The music is amazing. Gene Wilder is freaking incredible. The visuals are great. As a pinball theme, it would be outstanding. The wonka factory is a miniature world that wonka has created. Kind of like a pinball. The various rooms could be represented in the pinball machine. 4 modes could be to stop the 4 horrible brats from taking over the factory. Another mode is save the Oompa Loompas. Another mode is survive the psychedelic river ride. Another mode is save Augustus before he drowns in the chocolate river. Another mode- find the golden ticket. Etc..... and they need to do something with the whole miniaturization teleportation thing!!

It’s kind of like Wizard Of Oz as a theme, but MUCH MUCH better. More edgy, more crazy, better visuals, Oompa Loompas, better music, crazy machines and candy. It also has some good spoilt children characters that would work well in the game as adversaries. Also Willy Wonka has kind of a sick sense of humor which could be used in a cool way. They should put a wonka candy dispenser on it. Instead of a free game, you get an everlasting gobstopper. Wonka is probably the best theme there is.

#289 5 years ago

This movie has stood the test of time in my estimation. I loved this movie as a kid and I still do, my kids love this movie and would certainly recognize the IP if they saw it on a pinball.

The actual visuals and ideas for a pinball that could come from this movies IP are endless. Like stated above, the integration could be out of this world. The art could be closely tied to each of the scenarios that take place in the factory.

I am certainly excited that this is potentially a theme choice by a pinball manufacturer. I am absolutely a buyer and a believer that Willy Wonka can be an amazing theme for a pinball.

#290 5 years ago

I heard game 5 is family friendly that younger children will love......you guys can speculate from that. Seeing JJP history we wont see the game until sometime in 2019.

I would think JJP needs to start producing a game more that one every year to be profitable.

#291 5 years ago

JJP needs to release 2 games a year. Treat it like a business and not a hobby. Great products came out of JJP over the years. However they need to step up production. I would hate to see a great company like JJP close. It would be horrible for the industry and the pinball community. Best of Luck! Move your ass!

#292 5 years ago

We need a street level game out, so we can have JJP logo, all over the Street on locations

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

I heard game 5 is family friendly that younger children will love......you guys can speculate from that. Seeing JJP history we wont see the game until sometime in 2019.
    I would think JJP needs to start producing a game more that one every year to be profitable.

You mean Toy Story that was leaked back in 2015?

#294 5 years ago

GWWW (gene wilder willy wonka)

ps
    I heard that it's going to be a marvel - wonka crossover game and it's a joint venture between JJP and Stern

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:JJP needs to release 2 games a year. Treat it like a business and not a hobby. Great products came out of JJP over the years. However they need to step up production. I would hate to see a great company like JJP close. It would be horrible for the industry and the pinball community. Best of Luck! Move your ass!

They are still selling WOZ games and I've heard they are doing a new run of them. So I don't think they are in any jeopardy of going out of business soon. But agree that it would be nice to see two games a year out of them.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

They are still selling WOZ games and I've heard they are doing a new run of them. So I don't think they are in any jeopardy of going out of business soon. But agree that it would be nice to see two games a year out of them.

WOZ is not going to sustain them forever.

#297 5 years ago

I still think a Scooby Doo pinball machine would be amazing. There are so many ideas that can be thrown into the gameplay. Many pinball machines have been based on cartoons throughout the years, and Scooby Doo has run longer than any cartoon ever!!!!!!!

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

I still think a Scooby Doo pinball machine would be amazing. There are so many ideas that can be thrown into the gameplay. Many pinball machines have been based on cartoons throughout the years, and Scooby Doo has run longer than any cartoon ever!!!!!!!

Only if it's old-school, classic Scooby. Pre-Scrappy.

And Frank Welker is still working. He could do that call-outs!

#299 5 years ago

a Lego pin would be amazing

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

a Lego pin would be amazing

You’d probably like this one then.... 15k bricks and it works better than Magic Girl. Integrated topper is exclusive to this one-of-a-kind proto, SLE model. Someone is probably willing to drop 23k for it.

OMG - this pinball machine is themed for the 70’s but has features from 2010 pin. I won’t spoil all the elements, but Marie is my hero of the month. Maybe JJP will interview her for designer apprentice position (hint, hint).... or she might make a hella guest on someone’s pinball podcast (hint, hint).

QUIZ - Name four modern designers who have designed, engineered, coded, audio, visual, custom interactive toys AND built a complete pinball machine by themself? Each qualify as a true renaissance man. Bonus points for also naming the game. hint - not all games went into production. Answer comes tomorrow.

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4/page/6?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.