(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg
    There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 6 years ago
    Quoted from lschmidlin:

So no reveal plans for #5 yet Lloyd?

I might add. Even if I knew, and I don't. Things could change.

Years ago at Expo Jack asked me to talk to Drew Maniscalco about two licenses. Time goes by and JJP got the Hobbit license, and made that game instead. So no idea if those two are gone, in limbo, or coming later.

Five years ago when I was at the factory, I walked in on a license meeting. Which I saw on top of every desk out there in plain view, no snooping. And it disappeared when Pat came on board and did Dialed In.

So until it hits the assembly line. Nothing is for sure.

LTG : )

#202 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Who the hell above 5 years old wants a Toy Story pinball machine? Seriously?

You’re a sad, strange, little man... You have my pitty.

#203 6 years ago

Toy Story doesn't do it for me. I saw all of the movies and liked them, but for some reason I can't see it translating well to a pinball machine. TH, PoTC, and even WoZ has a dark side. Toy Story doesn't seem to have that and I think that is what is bugging me. I also am struggling for good modes with Toy Story.

Anyway, I am now waiting for JJP #6.

#204 6 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz waiting for a long time brother

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Toy Story doesn't do it for me. I saw all of the movies and liked them, but for some reason I can't see it translating well to a pinball machine. TH, PoTC, and even WoZ has a dark side. Toy Story doesn't seem to have that and I think that is what is bugging me. I also am struggling for good modes with Toy Story.
    Anyway, I am now waiting for JJP #6.

Was it Kevin? from the first movie... that character was pretty dark... There’s also the Evil Dr Zurg but thats more campy/parody-dark.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Was it Kevin? from the first movie... that character was pretty dark... There’s also the Evil Dr Zurg but thats more campy/parody-dark.

The kid Sid in Toy Story. Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2. That Purple Bear with the crutch in daycare in Toy Story 3. Posted on behalf of my kids....

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The kid Sid in Toy Story. Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2. That Purple Bear with the crutch in daycare in Toy Story 3. Posted on behalf of my kids....

Dont forget ken, the octopus and a few other followers from the 3rd movie, you also have evil buzz, the prospector from the 2nd movie.

Movie1 modes
    As for modes escape sids room, escape the claw, get back to andy house, enter pizza planet, defeat captain pork chop. Video mode of rex battling zurg in a video mode, army men multiball

Movie 2
    Barbie tour toy store, get from the apartment block to the toy store without getting crushed by uncoming traffic, prospector multiball, save the kids in the mine episode fibale aka find out what happened after bulleye and buzz jump the ravine, stich woodys arm back multiball....

My god i could go on

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Dont forget ken, the octopus and a few other followers from the 3rd movie, you also have evil buzz, the prospector from the 2nd movie.
    Movie1 modes
    As for modes escape sids room, escape the claw, get back to andy house, enter pizza planet, defeat captain pork chop. Video mode of rex battling zurg in a video mode, army men multiball
    Movie 2
    Barbie tour toy store, get from the apartment block to the toy store without getting crushed by uncoming traffic, prospector multiball, save the kids in the mine episode fibale aka find out what happened after bulleye and buzz jump the ravine, stich woodys arm back multiball....
    My god i could go on

I think the prospector is Stinky Pete.

2 weeks later
    #209 6 years ago

The release date of Toy Story 4 has been confirmed. One of the news website says it was just announced ... but we've known this date for a while ... didn't we.

--- “Toy Story 4” will be released June 21, 2019, according to the Friday post. ---

Moving forward ...

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

--- “Toy Story 4” will be released June 21, 2019, according to the Friday post. ---

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979376/?ref_=nv_sr_4

LTG : )

#211 6 years ago

Toy Story the pinball will be huge if they can get it out somewhere near that release date.

#212 6 years ago

I recently purchased a NIB Dialed in. I’d definitely be very interested in a JJP Toy Story. My kids would love it! I think that machine would also do very well on location

#213 6 years ago

Come on Toy Story!!!!! Would be my first NIB for sure.

#214 6 years ago

I had already decided that Monster Bash would for sure be my next machine, but man, if they announce Toy Story, my choice is going to be so hard.

#215 6 years ago

was just at Disneyland (and the kids watched toy story one and two on the way back), hah. if it's toy story we are in for sure.

#216 6 years ago

Willy Wonka or dream theme Harry Potter.
    Not getting pirates anymore.

3 weeks later
    #217 5 years ago

Jack told two different people I know at the Allentown show that he does not have the license for Toy Story. He said it was too expensive and they are not doing it unless somehow the license rights price dropped.

#218 5 years ago

whaaaaaaaat? That would be a big surprise. I wonder what then would be the next game if that were in fact true.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Jack told two different people I know at the Allentown show that he does not have the license for Toy Story. He said it was too expensive and they are not doing it unless somehow the license rights price dropped.

Kaneda, TWIP and Head2Head have all said Toy Story and Willy Wonka have "officially" switched release order even though neither title has been "officially" confirmed.

Getting anything out of Jersey Jack is like pulling hen's teeth. I find it hard to believe that he'd be that forthcoming unless it's a red herring. Not calling anyone a liar.

#220 5 years ago

I've heard from multiple people over the last 6 months that it could be GNR but that rumor seems to have fizzled out on pinside in favor of toy story so who knows.

#221 5 years ago

Hoping for Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball! 2019 Texas Pinball Festival reveal. JJP rents a BTTF Delorean and out of it comes Jack dressed up as Marty and Keith as The Doc! Crowd goes crazy!

LE features armor made out of the same stainless steel as a real Delorean with laser etching that displays lighting affects (similar to Star Trek LE). Damn that sounds awesome.

#222 5 years ago

I heard the same about the GnR rumor but if it turns out to be true, I'll be posting machines as soon as it's announced! That would be sick.

#223 5 years ago

own hobbit, woz, and working on dialed in the next few months, no desire to own a toy story whatsoever! Uggghhh! Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted!

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hoping for Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball! 2019 Texas Pinball Festival reveal. JJP rents a BTTF Delorean and out of it comes Jack dressed up as Marty and Keith as The Doc! Crowd goes crazy!
    LE features armor made out of the same stainless steel as a real Delorean with laser etching that displays lighting affects (similar to Star Trek LE). Damn that sounds awesome.

I would love BTTF Trilogy. Stack 3 balls in the Mr. Fusion to start multi ball. Spinner 88 times....

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

I would love BTTF Trilogy. Stack 3 balls in the Mr. Fusion to start multi ball. Spinner 88 times....

Lol, yup! In my opinion a JJP BTTF pin would easily sell better then a Toy Story, Guns and Roses, or Willy Wonka pin. That theme is still extremely popular and in terms of theme popularity is on the level of Ghostbusters.

#226 5 years ago

I would be all over BTTF too.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I would be all over BTTF too.

You have to get the ball to 88 mph.

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have to get the ball to 88 mph.

We need Steve Ritchie to design a hyperloop that makes the ball go 88 MPH.

#229 5 years ago

Toy Story 4 has been delayed from 2017 to June 2019 so maybe Toy Story for JJP will be Expo 2019?

Willy Wonka this fall.

#230 5 years ago

I predict Willy Wonka next

That’s a go for me

Just like Woz, the slot machines are hugely successful and FUN

It will sell more than the other themes talked about, like Woz

My wife might even play that one

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I predict Willy Wonka next
    That a go for me
    Just like Woz, the slot machines are hugely successful and FUN
    My wife might even play that one

If Toy Story is truly out I'm thinking it's WW too. Not sure I'm in but we'll see. Def enough there to get me.

#232 5 years ago

Who is designing the Willy Wonka pin? Guesses?

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Who is designing the Willy Wonka pin? Guesses?

I thought I heard Pat Lawlor for TS, Eric for WW?

#234 5 years ago

Depends on WHICH Willy Wonka. Gay corpse Johnny Depp Wonka, or beloved Gene Wilder Wonka?

Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpgJohnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Toy Story 4 has been delayed from 2017 to June 2019 so maybe Toy Story for JJP will be Expo 2019?
    Willy Wonka this fall.

Given JJP's process from unveiling to delivery, a fall Toy Story unveiling would work perfectly for Toy Story 4 release next summer.

Doubt WW would be this fall given the POTC hasn't even shipped yet; Chicago Expo is only 5 months off.

#236 5 years ago

On an unrelated topic:

Whirlwind = WW
    White Water = WH20
    Willy Wonka = ???

#237 5 years ago

"WHY" would be appropriate because NOBODY wants it.

Unless it’s the classic Gene Wilder version, then it would be cool.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

On an unrelated topic:
    Whirlwind = WW
    White Water = WH20
    Willy Wonka = ???

#238 5 years ago

Gene Wilder Willy Wonka and I would buy it if it plays well. Might even CE.

#240 5 years ago

If JJP makes a willy Wonka pin off the original movie it might be my first JJP.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

"WHY" would be appropriate because NOBODY wants it.

I'm 100% in WLYW. Can't wait. We have a family of new pin lovers. And this is top of the list in terms of rumored themes that will be an instant buy.

#242 5 years ago

Whatever happens, JJP needs to ramp it up big time! If they can.

Can't announce a game and get it produced a year later now. They are going to be swamped by Stern and others.

Stick a bow tie on it and get these games out the F ing door.

I guess all the money in the world can't even get 2 games out a year in JJP's case. I don't get it.

I'll take the POTCCE i have on order asap and then give me Willy right after you start producing Potc. And no way on that POS Depp

Get NEW games announced and figure out how to slip in your older games that still sell.

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever happens, JJP needs to ramp it up big time! If they can.
    Can't announce a game and get it produced a year later now. They are going to be swamped by Stern and others.
    Stick a bow tie on it and get these games out the F ing door.
    I guess all the money in the world can't even get 2 games out a year in JJP's case. I don't get it.
    I'll take the POTCCE i have on order asap and then give me Willy right after you start producing Potc. And no way on that POS Depp
    Get NEW games announced and figure out how to slip in your older games that still sell.

Agreed, they need to get these out soon. It seems they are really dragging this out now.
    I want my LE soon!

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Agreed, they need to get these out soon. It seems they are really dragging this out now.
    I want my LE soon!

I've been in since 2013 with Woz and I don't know.

Other people keep popping out pins and soaking up pinball $$$.

I guess they are Ok with the turtle approach. I get why they stuck a fork in the spinning disk.

The economic downturn cycle is coming at some point. I hope their timing of 1 pin every year plus doesn't sink them.

#245 5 years ago

Depp on Pirates and then on Wonka would be rough.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Depp on Pirates and then on Wonka would be rough.

Amazingly and thankfully, license on original Wonka had to be doable compared to the Depp POS version.

Slots are fun. WW will be a big hit.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

On an unrelated topic:
    Whirlwind = WW
    White Water = WH20
    Willy Wonka = ???

JJPWW
    WYWA
    WWCF =Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory

#248 5 years ago

Production moves like pond water

#249 5 years ago

Wife disappointed if Toy Story truly is a no go... but would be stoked for Willy Wonka (as long as its the original one, which I assume would make sense)

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

JJPWW
    WYWA
    WWCF =Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory

Might as well be simply Wonka.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4/page/5?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.