(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Who the hell above 5 years old wants a Toy Story pinball machine? Seriously?

no need to be 5 or under to appreciate and enjoy the Toy Story franchise./theme,

and enough to be interested in a Toy Story pinball machine.

#152 6 years ago

Having a woz and Di, I have no interest in pirates, I am in for toy story. Pat doing it makes it even more interesting

#153 6 years ago

Definitely interested but only if the game features the characters and original actors in terms of audio and video assets. Personally I just can't see spending nearly $10k on a licensed pinball machine that lacks the actors voices and video. This is the reason why I'm likely out on Pirates unless it completely blows me away.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Definitely interested but only if the game features the characters and original actors in terms of audio and video assets. Personally I just can't see spending nearly $10k on a licensed pinball machine that lacks the actors voices and video. This is the reason why I'm likely out on Pirates unless it completely blows me away.

I've seen a lot of debate about JJPPOTC, and the lack of quotes/music from the movies, actors permission to use their likeness, etc. Got me thinking about Toy Story and not only the actors, but the toy manufacturers. What will Mattel, Hasbro, etc. have to say about using their toy likenesses in a pin?

1 month later
    #155 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Toy Story is an amazing theme to gain traction with a younger audiences since Toy Story 1 was released more than 22 years ago. I can't wait for it because I know my kids will be more into pinball and that to me is important.

Heck, not kids only. I am 33 years old and I lobe the Toy Story movies!!!!

#156 6 years ago

They need to make sure to have a Partysaurus Rex mode !!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m0nxa

#157 6 years ago

I'm 50 in march. Wife tells me I act like I'm a teenager. Works for me. In for TSCE in a heartbeat. Stay young at heart and get what u want.

#158 6 years ago

I'm turning 40 this year so this will be the perfect birthday gift

1 month later
    #159 6 years ago

More corroboration... I think June 30 is too soon for an announcement from JJP but you never know.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

They need to make sure to have a Partysaurus Rex mode !!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m0nxa

HAHAHAHAHA AMAZING!

#161 6 years ago

Pat lawlor design ? JJP ?
    Sounds like a winner to me

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think June 30 is too soon for an announcement from JJP but you never know.

These types of dates come up all the time, May the 4th (Star Wars), Alien Day, new sequel to a movie released, but never coincide with anything pinball related. In the end, they announce games when they're ready.

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely. They're iconic, funny and beloved characters. I saw the Muppets at the Hollywood Bowl about a month ago - 18,000 people there...and that was just 1 of 3 sold out shows. If someone doesn't like the Muppets, I kinda have to be skeptical of them as a person lol

To your point, I don’t love the muppets but I certainly do like them. No doubt.

#164 6 years ago

Chicago Pinball Expo would be the best guess for a new game announcement.

#165 6 years ago

Buzz and I are ready ... hopefully the wait wont be to infinity and beyond.

Hope it turns out great if the rumor is true.

20180116_152148 (resized).jpg20180116_152148 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've seen a lot of debate about JJPPOTC, and the lack of quotes/music from the movies, actors permission to use their likeness, etc. Got me thinking about Toy Story and not only the actors, but the toy manufacturers. What will Mattel, Hasbro, etc. have to say about using their toy likenesses in a pin?

They won't have anything to say about it. The toy companies themselves license from Disney. Even if they did have an opinion they would be all for it - they love to see ancillary things that drive interest in the products where they hold a license.

As far as interest.... while the die-hard pinballers may hate the theme, it will attract major interest within the toy industry. Toy Story = Nostalgia and outside of Mickey and Minnie it is might be Disney's most valuable license (although the princesses are also up there). I would expect to see a TS game at locations that never before had a machine. It is a game that will drive interest back into pinball.

#167 6 years ago

I love the JJP games, all 4 to date. Toy story would be great. I just cant afford any of them.

#168 6 years ago

Toy Story is a dud theme for me but I've been skeptical about all 4 JJP themes so far and I've purchased 5 JJP pins. WOZ is my all-time favorite game. So I will wait and see before passing too much judgment.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Toy Story is a dud theme for me but I've been skeptical about all 4 JJP themes so far and I've purchased 5 JJP pins. WOZ is my all-time favorite game. So I will wait and see before passing too much judgment.

With pat on it sld be great just like dile

#170 6 years ago

Toy Story? GOOD GRIEF! They pretty much missed the main target audience of pinball collectors with the Pirates theme. I hope it doesn't sink JJP because they make a nice machine but I definitely think it will fall short of expected sales because it doesn't appeal to the age bracket that drives new pinball sales. Their first three games are all super cool......Pirates is just a theme that I don't think appeals to the average pinball collector. I'd rather see another original title from JJP than another licensed theme with average appeal throughout the pinball community!

Why beat around the bush with potential failure with a theme like Pirates when they can just go down in flames and license and release TELETUBBIES or BARNEY Pinball! $13k for the Tinky Winky CE Teletubbies Pin! Throw the goodie bag in an official Tinky Winky purse!

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Toy Story? GOOD GRIEF! They pretty much missed the main target audience of pinball collectors with the Pirates theme. I hope it doesn't sink JJP because they make a nice machine but I definitely think it will fall short of expected sales because it doesn't appeal to the age bracket that drives new pinball sales. Their first three games are all super cool......Pirates is just a theme that I don't think appeals to the average pinball collector. I'd rather see another original title from JJP than another licensed theme with average appeal throughout the pinball community!
    Why beat around the bush with potential failure with a theme like Pirates when they can just go down in flames and license and release TELETUBBIES or BARNEY Pinball! $13k for the Tinky Winky CE Teletubbies Pin! Throw the goodie bag in an official Tinky Winky purse!

Hmmm. There pre sales and market interest basically contradict virtualy everything you assume. POTC JJP will be built and sold for Many years to come just like all there other accomplishments. Just not to you it appears.

#172 6 years ago

Lots of ads for Toy Story Land in Orlando during the Oscars last night. Here's hoping JJP's timing is right to catch the wave.

#173 6 years ago

I’d love to see an animated talking “Rudy style” potatoe head.

#174 6 years ago

If they want to use anything from Toy Story 4 then the game will be under embargo until *about* a month before the movie is released.

Comparing it to Teletubbies and Barney is way off base. Toy Story is a huge license for Disney.... there is a reason they just spent multiple-billions of dollars creating "Toy Story Land" at Disney Hollywood Studios. The difference in the value of a "Teletubbies" from "Toy Story" is like the difference between a '63 Corvette and a Chevy Nova....

A game would fall under the Disney Consumer Products division. Which already has experience with Pinball... I am sure they were active with the Stern Wars release (and possibly with everything Marvel), but they would be heavily involved in Toy Story. Also, I have some history with DCP... they really won't give a hoot about collectors - they will want something that will appeal to the masses. They assign a monetary value to the ability to drive brand awareness and interactions with the brand (This is why they run Disney Jr. as a break-even business). They will want a beautiful game, lots of toys, fun call-outs, and something that will be in every pizza shop, and mall, in the country. If some 40-60 year old men want to buy it to stick in their basement that will be fine with them, but that certainly is not what they will be after. Remember the demo for "Toy Story" is different than Marvel and certainly different than "Star Wars". Toy Story skews younger and more female.

If they do a Toy Story game.... another one to watch out for would be "The Incredibles"

#175 6 years ago

After hearing Keefer's comments about working with Disney on the POTC game (he and Eric wanted to scrap the license and make an un-licensed Pirates game, kind of like MM theme-wise) I'm much more skeptical about how many assets they can put into a Toy Story game. If Depp wanted "mid six figures" to include any clips of him in the POTC game I can imagine what Tom Hanks will want, and at least for POTC Disney didn't have ownership of those assets.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

After hearing Keefer's comments about working with Disney on the POTC game (he and Eric wanted to scrap the license and make an un-licensed Pirates game, kind of like MM theme-wise) I'm much more skeptical about how many assets they can put into a Toy Story game. If Depp wanted "mid six figures" to include any clips of him in the POTC game I can imagine what Tom Hanks will want, and at least for POTC Disney didn't have ownership of those assets.

I agree, I think Toy Story would be much more difficult. However, my guess is that all of the voice talent already signed over all of their rights when they did the movie. There are several ways the actors contracts can work - they can either have a license cut of their derivative work or it could be included in their standard payment... perhaps with the royalty predetermined. Typically, (I think) most of the toy companies work directly with the licensor since the actor already had the derivative work baked into their original contract- I'll double check that one though.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

another one to watch out for would be "The Incredibles"

I'd be in on THAT!

#178 6 years ago

Hanks might be pricey, but Allen would be doable, I think.

Both would be nice for custom callouts, but you really only need one.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Hanks might be pricey, but Allen would be doable, I think.

You might want to take your expectations a little lower. Like down to Ratzenburger town.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You might want to take your expectations a little lower. Like down to Ratzenburger town.

LOL!

Still, I think Allen is a hell of a lot more likely than Hanks. He's without a show right now, and he seems generally enthused about the Toy Story franchise, perhaps even more than Hanks.

Jack, make him him a deal he can't refuse!

#181 6 years ago

I can hear Allen's callouts.

"Star Command! Come in Star Command! I seem to be trapped inside a rectangular box with a glass ceiling. There are steel boulders being hurled around at unsafe velocities!"

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

"Star Command! Come in Star Command! I seem to be trapped inside a rectangular box with a glass ceiling. There are steel boulders being hurled around at unsafe velocities!"

That would be worth the price of admission.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You should write the script. Great !

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That price was just to allow them to show clips from the movies with him in it! Keefer even said that the first film reduced down to scenes with none of the actors in it was 16 minutes long, that's what they had to work with from that movie. I can't even fathom what they'd charge to do custom call-outs. However maybe R. Lee Ermey (Toy Soldier and the sergeant in Full Metal Jacket) would be a possibility and could be really great if so.

#185 6 years ago

Instant buy for me. What's not to like? I'm 37 so this is a part of my childhood. Add in R Lee Ermey call puts and its the icing on the cake. Not to mention something my daughters can easily get into.

#186 6 years ago

Toy Story is ideal for custom callouts. Allen, Ratzenberger, R.Lee Ermy for sure. If Hanks fee is too much maybe his brother could do it. He really does sound like Tom and would be much cheaper. Tom Light. Same great taste but only half the calories.

#187 6 years ago

It's too bad Don Rickles passed. His custom callouts would have been amazing.

#188 6 years ago

F me. You're right! He could be his own game.

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Raincity:

It's too bad Don Rickles passed. His custom callouts would have been amazing.

Did you know? They have Don's voice for the next Toy story. He recorded it about 4 months before his death. Weird, when movie finally comes out it will be almost 19 months since his death. Great guy, will miss you Don.

#190 6 years ago

I greatly miss Jim Varney(voice of Slinky the Dog) and of course the famous 90s Ernest P Worrall. He was my all time favorite actor.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

I greatly miss Jim Varney(voice of Slinky the Dog). He was my all time favorite actor.

Really? I mean......REALLY???

#192 6 years ago

Hey, Vern! It's second dip for dime time!

#193 6 years ago

I've actually resolved myself to wait for Toy Story instead of pirates. Took Houdini as a spacer. Hopefully by next march the line up will be Dialed IN, Houdini, Toy Story and if not Toystory will be replaced by Pirates.

#194 6 years ago

To each his/her own. If Toy Story is the next JJP title I would plunk down the $$$ immediately. Would have something for everyone in the fam.

I wasn't in to the WOZ theme either but it's now one of my favorite games in my small collection.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Good try but this 50 year old is not being talked out of first in the queue! Great family fun, and will help bring my offspring into this fantastic hobby/way of life

#196 6 years ago

Remember back in the day at Pinball Expo Joe Kamikow and Data East crew had a short movie clip of licenses they were working on. Funny some of those games all of a sudden some of those titles were produced by other manufacturers.

#197 6 years ago

Any announcements from JJP on when the reveal will happen? Not sure if it was planned for Texas and there seems to be a lot of politics around 2018 Expo.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from lschmidlin:

Not sure if it was planned for Texas

What ever JJP #4 is, it wasn't planned for a TPF reveal.

LTG : )

#199 6 years ago

So no reveal plans for #5 yet Lloyd? You can just tell us…we'll keep the secret!

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from lschmidlin:

You can just tell us…we'll keep the secret!

Okay. Just this once. And I'll violate my NDA. #5 is............................................going to be................................. a pinball machine.

LTG : )

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.