(Topic ID: 200139)

JJP5 = Toy Story Now that POTC is JJP4?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

352D43DF-C6BD-4AD4-B1D1-3C395B4C09F6 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180605-131203_Twitter (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Johnny-Depp-and-Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka-708171 (resized).jpg
    20180116_152148 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.35.12 AM (resized).png
    larry-blackmon (resized).jpg
    6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg
    Pants (resized).jpg
    os-april-2016-rendering-toy-story-land-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-in-florida-20160427 (resized).jpg
    0820209sdb (resized).jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 6 years ago

After POTC turned out to be true I figure the next game has to be Toy Story.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

POTC theme is terrible but JJP are masters so they make it so good. Looked at DI? TS is actually not bad so expect another winner.

Whether or not a theme is terrible is completely subjective. My household loves potc, and we want a potc theme pin. So I'm on the side saying this is a great theme, with a great game. Opinions can differ. Toy story would be a dream theme for us as well.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Whether or not a theme is terrible is completely subjective. My household loves potc, and we want a potc theme pin. So I'm on the side saying this is a great theme, with a great game. Opinions can differ. Toy story would be a dream theme for us as well.

Yep - I agree with you 100%. IMO POTC theme is terrible. IMO Alien is amazing. Others will def differ. What's being proven is that JJP can take any theme and make EITHER side of the coin happy!

#54 6 years ago

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Sorry but it's a cartoon for little kids...that's it plain and simple. I'm guessing you guys are those couples that go to Disney World without kids and wear the mickey mouse hats and matching T-Shirts around. Probably come back every year on your wedding anniversary. Really really sad.</blockquote

Why don't you go be a dick somewhere else. Your on a Pinball discussion forum. You know big toys for big Kids!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Sorry but it's a cartoon for little kids...that's it plain and simple. I'm guessing you guys are those couples that go to Disney World without kids and wear the mickey mouse hats and matching T-Shirts around. Probably come back every year on your wedding anniversary. Really really sad.

cmon man - that's just kind of a jerk post. I'm not a fan either and wouldn't pick DW for a spot with the wife but some people do enjoy that. no need to make fun of him for it.

#57 6 years ago

Sorry, I apologize.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Sorry but it's a cartoon for little kids...that's it plain and simple. I'm guessing you guys are those couples that go to Disney World without kids and wear the mickey mouse hats and matching T-Shirts around. Probably come back every year on your wedding anniversary. Really really sad.

This just has to be a troll account. My father is turning 67 this December, a well respected doctor in his field, and we were talking last night about the films that are able to make you tear up - and Toy Story 3 was mentioned multiple times. Pixar make wonderful films and if you honestly believe that the Toy Story films are just for little kids, you must be over compensating to some degree. If not, you’re just a dick. Either way, I feel sorry for you.

Edit: Shit, I didn’t even notice the Disney World comment. I’m 31 and I’ve visited with my girlfriend and we don’t have kids. We had a great time. It’s a wonderful break from reality, just like pinball. Booze everywhere, and good food if you know where to look. I never get why some adults need to make a big deal of how ‘grown up’ they are. I grew out of that before I hit twenty.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Ya'll are right. I apologize.

Accepted.

#60 6 years ago

Not sure about JJP5, but somewhere around JJP7 you might get an Indiana Jones.

#61 6 years ago

Didn't that mystery leak also say the muppets?

#62 6 years ago

Yes (I believe).

At this point you can feel VERY good about both toy story and muppets.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yes (I believe).
    At this point you can feel VERY good about both toy story and muppets.

Then I'm going to need about $20k in the next year or so and a couple of places to put two new games ...

#64 6 years ago

Looking forward to Toy Story. Muppets... not so much. Is there really a market for Muppets?

#65 6 years ago

I think Disney Robots would be a cool theme.. great movie and probaly look cool with the art thats in it. Maybe i just feel like the broke down dad who wanted to be a musician but does what he has to for his family... I'm old and hurt! Lol

#66 6 years ago

I think Toy Story would be an amazing theme for a pinball machine, and JJP would do it justice, particularly if Pat Lawlor was the designer.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Toy Story? Good Grief....let's get some real themes going here.....UGH!
    We might just need a SNOWFLAKES Pinball Machine....with a safe space, college university where you can earn worthless college degrees like Female Gender Studies, Starbucks where you can buy a Unicorn Frap and more!
    SMH!
    At least with the new PoTC....you'll be able to retheme it into a Christoper Columbus Pinball Machine!

Here's a theme I'd like to see! (picture not directed at quoted post, probably)

#68 6 years ago

Seriously tho, Toy Story has potential to be a great theme!

JJP has a Disney-esque magic, and I think they'll handle Disney licenses beautifully.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

I think Toy Story would be an amazing theme for a pinball machine, and JJP would do it justice, particularly if Pat Lawlor was the designer.

Why? Oh, because Woody tucks his shirt into his pants the way Pat likes it

Pants (resized).jpgPants (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from mesmashu:

Looking forward to Toy Story. Muppets... not so much. Is there really a market for Muppets?

I rather have muppets than TS...

#72 6 years ago

From watching the presentation last night, theme doesn't really matter. It's all in the execution.

And there seemed to be more than one execution last night.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure about JJP5, but somewhere around JJP7 you might get an Indiana Jones.

Now this I could get behind (a Raiders themed game with good hand drawn art would be so cool).

#74 6 years ago

I respect your opinion and I feel what you’re saying but Toy Story is a license to print money. I didn’t grow up with it and I can see that easily.

#75 6 years ago

The problem I have with these Disney themes is the limited ability to use movie clips. One of the strongest arguments for JJP games is their use of the video screen.......Disney kills a lot of this argument. I am 100% not interested in Toy Story, but it appears a lot are so I am excited for them. After seeing Pirates, there is no turning back for JJP.

#76 6 years ago

6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg6096E672-F16A-4307-9214-E11EBBB2064A-11463-000009311F4C9190 (resized).jpeg

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The problem I have with these Disney themes is the limited ability to use movie clips. One of the strongest arguments for JJP games is their use of the video screen.......Disney kills a lot of this argument. I am 100% not interested in Toy Story, but it appears a lot are so I am excited for them. After seeing Pirates, there is no turning back for JJP.

I would absolutely love a TS machine. But without the ability to use clips from the movies it seems it would be almost pointless.

#78 6 years ago

WWRND. What Would Randy Newman Do?

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Who the hell above 5 years old wants a Toy Story pinball machine? Seriously?

I would absolutely!! I'm 46

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Why are you limited in using clips from Disney movies? SW is a Disney movie now and Stern SW is full of movie clips.

#81 6 years ago

Yeah I have to admit that I personally cant really understand the allure of a pinball machine themed after an animated movie for little kids. If it was like, a kids toy pinball machine, for kids, sure. But a machine for grown adults thats probably gonna cost close to ten thousand dollars? Not busting on any of you that are excited by it by any means, but I just dont get it. Seems like enough interest to make it a success, though!

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah I have to admit that I personally cant really understand the allure of a pinball machine themed after an animated movie for little kids. If it was like, a kids toy pinball machine, for kids, sure. But a machine for grown adults thats probably gonna cost close to ten thousand dollars? Not busting on any of you that are excited by it by any means, but I just dont get it. Seems like enough interest to make it a success, though!

I take it you haven't seen Toy Story and probably don't have kids either. You don't have to be a kid to love the movie. It's a great movie with a worthy sequel.

#83 6 years ago

Flash's costume redesign in Justice League is ridiculous. Larry Blackmon did the red codpiece first, and it was designed as a joke.

larry-blackmon (resized).jpglarry-blackmon (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago

I can say it’s something about the toys in toy story that appeals to me. I grew up with transformers, G.I. joe, he man, flintstones,Astro boy, the jetsons, etc and non have the same appeal that toy story does. It’s something with their 3d animation and thought that toys have a life and what not.

Heck I still have my stuffed monkey that I got when I was 5. So 37 years. I’m a sucker for a cool toy pin and toy story is just that.

With JJP, because they are a high end builder. I know they will knock it out of the park.

I was really drawn to woz but decide against it just because it was JJP first run of machines and problems will be there. The hobbit is a bleh theme to me and I leaned heavily on DI but spent my money on SWLE. To be completely honest. I actually love how SWLE plays. But if JJPOTC was shown at the same time. I would have went with JJPOTC LE

So for sure next pin will be Toy Story. I ll be in on a LE. Would like a CE. But the exchange rate will dictate that

#85 6 years ago

A Buzz Lightyear space ranger pin has the potential to be incredibly kickass.

#86 6 years ago

#87 6 years ago

$5 says the people complaining about a Toy Story theme being "just for 5 year olds" are the SAME grumpy old men who complained about the Dialed In theme because they play pinball to ESCAPE all this newfangled technology noise!!!

#88 6 years ago

Masters of the Universe theme would get me to open up my wallet very quickly.

#89 6 years ago

JJP JUST announced Pirates, Toy Story will possibly be their next title, then they'll have something after that, and something after that.

Why does every title need to be personally approved by every owner? Isn't choice good? If you don't care for it, skip it, wait for the next one.

I always give a little cheer in my head every time a pinball is announced of a theme I don't care for, because it means I don't have to consider buying it.

#90 6 years ago

Wish they'd fastrack Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder) instead-
    Save Toy Story for when the final Toy Story comes- if the next one is the last one?
    That's been the rumor to be JJP #6 for the longest time now it seems.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Wish they'd fastrack Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder) instead-
    Save Toy Story for when the final Toy Story comes- if the next one is the last one?
    That's been the rumor to be JJP #6 for the longest time now it seems.

Imagine how good Willy Wonka would be? Damn wish it was next or Alice.....both would be incredible. Toy Story will be too but i pref the former 2 much more.

#92 6 years ago

with all the tech on the JJP platform a science fiction theme would be great to showcase the companies abilities.

Back to the future would be AWESOME

Mad Max - Awesome (no family friendly though)

Japanese Magna - Akira, Ghost in the Shell

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I always give a little cheer in my head every time a pinball is announced of a theme I don't care for, because it means I don't have to consider buying it.

I did that when I heard POTC was coming out. Then it came out and I could care less about not being a fan of the films. I NEED IT

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Imagine how good Willy Wonka would be? Damn wish it was next or Alice.....both would be incredible. Toy Story will be too but i pref the former 2 much more.

Alice- as in, American McGee's Alice?
    I'd love to see that theme bigtime but its too edgy/not enough mainstream for a JPP game.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Alice- as in, American McGee's Alice?
    I'd love to see that theme bigtime but its too edgy/not enough mainstream for a JPP game.

Yes. I would take tim burton's take on it too. They can make an alice game that isn't over the top horror that still hooks in people like me and you.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yes. I would take tim burton's take on it too. They can make an alice game that isn't over the top horror that still hooks in people like me and you.

I like the style of Burton's Alice, but as a theme I think it's even lesser than PoTC, in my view anyway. The first film made good money, the second film kind of tanked.

At least as POTC goes, those films- at least the first trilogy- were undeniably blockbusters. And the first was actually critically acclaimed. Burton didn't even return for the second Alice.

Jack has to think about marketability for long term sales. When he started Hobbit- his least financially successful effort to date- he had good reason to believe the Trilogy would have a massive audience.

Don't think he could say the same for Alice.

#97 6 years ago

Jack confirmed Pat is already working on another pin. I don’t know if it will be Game #5... At least we know there will be a 2nd game by Pat in the future.

Greetings
    Max

#98 6 years ago

Which license theme would Pat be more interested in?

#99 6 years ago

Willy Wonka or Alice in Wonderland would be insta buys for me...only if JJP made them that is.

#100 6 years ago

Yeah I have to admit that I personally cant really understand the allure of a pinball machine themed after an animated movie for little kids.

what a weird opinion. Toy Story is not really a movie for little kids.

If they were making a movie based on Cars, then you'd have a point. but Toy Story is no more for kids than it is for adults. Have you seen it? Superficially, the toys in the film are almost all toys from the 70s and 80s (with the exception of Buzz, who is generic to any time period, and Woody, who's from the 1950s). They're designed to hit the nostalgia buttons of adults, not kids. And it was clearly written to resonate with adults and parents. The themes of the Toy Story movies are basically fear of change, jealousy, and the nature of existence ... hell the entire third film is a 2-hour rumination on the inevitability of death.

maybe i'm overstating it a bit. there's certainly silliness in there too. but don't let the bright shiny textures fool you. those movies pack an emotional wallop.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp5-toy-story-now-that-potc-is-jjp4/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.