wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I will start an unsubstantiated rumor. In the LE settings menu there are settings for Under cabinet LEDs. Since thats not on an SE or LE and is disabled, it looks like they are or were planning for these for an add on accessory or for the CE. Maybe not?

I noticed that disabled setting on the SE as well.

2 months later
#294 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

OP - I assume you belong to the JJP google group.
A quick summary which is very likely why you hoity toity Wonka owners dont have it yet.
Diverter issues
Magnet over heating issues
Ramp issue - ball flying off
And we've all seen the ooey gooey playfield model

Let's be fair here though.

Software fixed the first two issues and there's an airball protector now for the ramp issue. It's not like any of these things are being ignored.

2 weeks later
#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Extremely curious about what the custom speech by Julie Dawn Cole will entail (or sound like).

I am sure that's her at the end of the promo vid. It's not going to sound like child Veruca of course.

I wonder if she will replace the "grampa" callouts? Or just add a few new ones?

#332 4 years ago

So who's the cameraman?

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.37.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.37.48 PM (resized).png
#336 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

What do you guys think of the new playfield vs the LE?

I'm happy to have a custom playfield but it's a little bit underwhelming. THe one difference I see is Wonka in a circle instead of with outstretched hand.

As an overall package though the CE is great. Looking forward to upgrading.

#337 4 years ago

I wonder if Cliffy could make candy red Cliffys for the inlane drops?

#343 4 years ago

I've had LE envy for the longest time while we continue to flip the SE...no longer! I want it NOW.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

The "Veruca Salt" call outs won't be as cool if her voice is an adult Veruca Salt, not the same voice she had as a child.
If it's the same voice that was used in the video, it'll be a let down.

So your argument is that JJP should have invented time travel?

#367 4 years ago

Pinside is never happy.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't be Silly #zaphx! They need a fountain of youth duh! Time travel isn't real.

Well, they did make a fountain of youth shot in POTC...

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, people expect too much for their $12,500.

It's just disheartening that no matter what cool thing $pinball_mfr comes up with, Pinside always finds a way to shit on it.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so you're unhappy with pinside being unhappy?
I knew you seemed at home here!

Ha!

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

CE-LE
Love the CE[quoted image]

Thanks for this side by side, it definitely shows off the art differences.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you love it 3000 times more....? Lol. It does look nice but that Really is a sizable price bump.

I’m still stinging from not getting POTC CE so I’m doing it regardless.

If a game is a long term keepr, and Wonka is, I want the best one.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I should send him parts that don't even assemble a pinball machine - have him work on this for months then he ends up with a shitty end table or something...

Candy paint an IKEA dresser

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I played the CE game today at Expo...Thank Goodness JJP did not have #12 on display...I think it was #198...so if u have #198...your game is ready to be shipped after the Expo.

So what were the new Julie callouts like? Does she replace dying grandpa entirely, or just add to?

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

PS i just heard the new voice over and omg cringe. On a game with a already bad sound package that just made it worse.

Can you elaborate? Do the new voiceovers replace the grandpa voice, or add to it?

Personally I think the sound package is pretty good, but that's admittedly subjective.

#456 4 years ago

I heard some of the new callouts someone posted on Facebook - I think they sound great!

She's not trying to sound like Veruca as she does in the promo video, she's just using her pleasant British voice in place of some of the wheezing grandpa callouts.

Video is in the comments for this post in the Jersey Jack Pinball Fans FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2328680497445392/permalink/2367955216851253/

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Also with this Wonka game I'm really hoping the graphics are updated... I don't like the overly simplified graphic backgrounds against the modern-day overlay graphics... seems like they pushed that out really quickly. Would rather full screen the movie clips and just put the modern overlay on top of that, but not have those 'meh' graphics in the background...

My first glance hot take was the same as yours. Over time as I started to learn just how much info is crammed into that screen, I really came to appreciate it.

You should check out the JJP session from last weekend's expo, they went into the many iterations and ideas they had to land where they did.

#538 4 years ago

I know of 3 going to Dallas!

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What are you buying a his/hers/and spare now? Lol. Team Zaphx really loves their pinball. Great thing!

Haha no, isn't it bad enough I'm buying the game twice? (SE->CE)

I know of two other locals with CE orders.

2 weeks later
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

I haven’t had time to read the thread but a quick scan reveals boycotts undone and machines less than promised but perhaps on the horizon. Can someone summarize what’s going on and where my pre-paid-since-April Wonka CE might be?

TLDR: Game is awesome and super sticky. CE package pleases most. On the line now and I'm hearing late Nov/early Dec.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

How does anyone know how it will play if they aren’t even MADE yet?
Has Great American Pinball gone out of business with my pre-order in hand? I cannot get a reply.

Because gameplay wise it's the same as the LE. Almost the same as the SE, too, except no Wonkavator.

1 week later
#578 4 years ago

I sent in my money yesterday - painful to do but now that part is over! Mine is #19.

1 week later
#621 4 years ago

I hope they sell them all....I really do. I just think it takes the Limited out of the equation. Inwould have done 250...but maybe there is a high demand and people will love the gameplay and how beautiful the game is even without the powder coindoor.

I’ve been playing an SE since July. The gameplay is great and very challenging. It has made me a better pinball player. Super addictive too. We can’t wait for the CE!

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

144 is here arrived yesterday beautiful looking game love the sparkling paint effect.
Now if only I had not forgotten to order that playfield protector I would be playing right now instead of typing ☹️[quoted image]

Snap, I guess they headed overseas first!

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joe and I made a deal for #12 already a while ago.[quoted image]

Wait, he sold #12 to me!! What the hell??

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Might be.
I played an Iron Maiden last week. Good game with fun shorts, but the surface looked lika a golf Ball.

I have yet to see any location pin that doesn't have massive dimpling.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Just to add here I've kept the playfield clean and waxed and have changed the balls a few times already.

That's what I did to my Wonka SE as well and I felt like it looked great up until the day it left after 5000 plays.
Pins on location get a different kind of beating, and not enough love.

I clean mine a couple times per week.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Soon the CE will be in your house,let us know how that playfield is.

Yes I've seen your multiple posts on the topic. I am sure they will be fine.

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

5000 plays.....WOW!

It is a testament to several things:

- How engaging the game is, keeping us coming back over and over
- How difficult the game is, with shorter ball times
- How badly we play

However I will say playing Wonka definitely made both of us better players at all pinball. We are eagerly awaiting our CE.

Seriously though the playfield looked great, see pics:

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You certainly get your money’s worth out of a game bravo to that. Curious not intended to bash a title but have you ever bought a title that you or your wife didn’t click with and flipped it fast or do you stay the coarse? I’ve had a few like Munsters and BKLE that I almost felt violated on the buying decision lol.

Sure, we got a JP Pro in August and it left last weekend along with Wonka. It didn't resonate with her, and while I liked it, after ~900 plays I got to a state where I just wasn't turning it on enough. All we wanted to play was Wonka, so it funded the upgrade to CE.

It went to a great guy who is enjoying it.

We don't really play Star Wars any more either, but I have a soft spot for that one. It was my first pin, the one that got me interested in pinball, and the wife is a HUGE fan of the IP. That said even she suggests we sell it from time to time. For now it stays, it's just in a different room.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Delivery appointment scheduled from my shipping carrier... Getting excited now...
Jeff

fd8e3ee0da0bb3c2ba1cfae7b318444c.jpgfd8e3ee0da0bb3c2ba1cfae7b318444c.jpg
#686 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

My CE just shipped hopefully I will have it in the house before Saturday, going out of town for a week. Man!! Fingers crossed!

Well, I'm coming over to play yours then!

#693 4 years ago

So much envy. Waiting for my CE is really tough.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Sweet got my call today will be here next Wednesday can’t wait.

Same for me and @gasoline!

#709 4 years ago

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.[quoted image]

You too Richie! What was your score?

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

How many other WWCE owners are using a playfield protector? Just curious.

Cliffy universal slot protectors on the droplanes and P21S wax. That’s it.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn that wax ain’t cheap!

Neither are the pins! Cheap care.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Which part of the secret machine is Red on the CE?

The rotating disc

#726 4 years ago

Mine lands tomorrow, I'm unboxing after work and will be streaming.

Follow twitch.tv/nspinball

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Thanks for the reply.
Did you have any issues of dimpling on your Wonka SE only using the P21S wax?

All pins dimple. Wax won't stop it. I do think it held up really well though, and 5000 plays at that.

Pics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87018

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Thanks to Derek (aka: zaphX) for coming over tonight (right after setting up his own WW CE) and helping me setup my first pin purchase!

I was happy to do it and glad we got it done tonight. You’ve waited long enough!

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is the first time I have used these. I put it on with the U shape at the bottom. The left side the ball would get stuck. I pushed it in some more and now it sticks a little less. Any trick on installing these properly? I’m sure it’s not rocket science cause the right side is fine.

Yeah you want the U shape at the top (or put another way the open end at the bottom.)

Otherwise yes, you get stuck balls.

I made the same mistake on my SE. I was able to pull them up with dental floss and flip them around.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I think we should get Cliffy to weigh in on this. Here is a picture from his website showing the u at the bottom.
This is the way I have installed these on many machines. I was able to eliminate ball stoppage by feathering the top side of the leading edges with some sandpaper prior to installation.
[quoted image]

Heh. I actually weighed in to HIM on the issue to pass along my experience

Quoted from bigd1979:

I've tried the slot protectors both ways and it seems to depend on the game on which direction works best..

Agreed. My POTC seems completely happy with the open end at the top. It depends on where the ball drops and what the average velocity is when balls run that inlane.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Wonka ce review on the first night we got it.

One of the better reviews of Wonka I’ve seen on Pinside. Not one complaint about the synced audio!

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What do you think of the speech/callouts on the ce over the other models?

I love them! Her voice is very pleasant.
She has a lot, too.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Mine arrived today and promptly was put back on the truck ;-(
If you look closely, it looks like they even re-palletized it since the stickers over the straps were removed on one side. Didn't all of the CEs or maybe even all Wonkas go back to oversize pallets from JJP?
They plan on shipping a new one Monday to hopefully make it before Christmas![quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really sorry for the disappointment. Maybe it fell over or something? Was the tip and tell intact?

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Is anyone else bummed about not getting a CE certificate? One came with both DI and POTC, but not with this game.

Not really. I'd toss it in the cabinet and forget about it anyway.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

For me it happend when i lifted the game to get under it. The pictures I see the rupture is on the exact same place (to the right of Willy at the chochlate fall). Be careful if/when you lift the board.

I fortunately have not damaged mine yet, but I am taking steps to prevent it:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Hat tip to jfesler who made me aware of these.

4 weeks later
#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I am considering purchasing a WW CE. Do the current owners feel that it is worth it over the LE? I know it’s subjective, but the custom call outs have me considering it. The CE is beautiful, seems as if the playfield isn’t as dark as the LE.

I love the callouts! Those, the red armor/wireforms, undercabinet lighting, backglass etc make it worth it.

Check them out yourself! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/517613788

2 months later
#898 4 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone know what the “Red” most secret machine is on the CE. How is it different from the LE or SE? Thanks.

It’s the red gobstopper disc. It’s translucent red plastic and you see it light up at times while rotating. It’s subtle but there.

2 years later
#918 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

Has anyone updated the code to 2.03 and after doing so the everlasting gobstopper ball drop quit working? It was working fine before the update and now after the update the hole where the ball trouph rotates is sitting lower and when it tries to rotate it gets stuck and does not recognize when a ball falls in the hole. Anyone else experience this?

Unrelated. Tighten the set screws on the black gear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.