wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

LMAO -- WHY YES THEY ARE -- Never thought of it that way......

I love it...hope it still works

1 week later
#229 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not confusing at all. It's pretty hard to finish a product when your main ingredient (play field) is missing. No way JJP is going to release the CE until they know each and every play field used in them has perfect clear coat. I'm guessing that was NOT the case when they checked their inventory. I wonder how many of them were scrapped and sent back to the vendor. Probably quite a few.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

No doubt that this is the case. I commend them for putting on the breaks and addressing the problem.

1 month later
#344 4 years ago

Wow it looks really nice...my only complaint is the standard low quality JJP topper and the fact they didn't powder coat the coin door.

#350 4 years ago

So does the Wonka LE not come with the JJP standard shitty topper? All my other JJP pins had one....they should hire someone from CGC to make them a good topper....

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You mean WOZ and POTC? I don't think TH or DI had em.

your right....was thinking of WOZ and POTC

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's a shame that cool, theme-integrated, interactive toppers (and no, I don't count color changes as interactivity) are becoming a rarity.
High water marks for toppers (no particular order):
AfmRLE - City with raging alien and saucers, fully interactive - FANTASTIC
jjPotC - ship in a bottle - Very cool
Game of Thrones - Castle with interactive dragon and lit, interactive house sigils - Excellent
And...that's about it. Runner-ups are mostly a sad lot: BM'66 doesn't DO much. Ghostbusters is wasted. Munsters is on theme, but too narrow in execution and essentially plastic standups with a clock. KISS - on-theme, but WHY? There's a lit KISS on the backglass IMMEDIATELY BELOW IT. Star Wars MAY be cool someday, but when it ever ships will anyone care? MBr - back to boring, static topper land - a big fall from AfMr.
And then you have the boring/crappy screen printed PETG which covers most of the rest of what is supposed to pass as a topper.

AFMRLE is in a different league...MBRLE is really nice, but doesn't move....JJP WOZ, WW, and POTC toppers are crap....

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Updated Pic of the current LE PF
(Photo is VividPsychosis Market photo of his LE)[quoted image]

I love the CE play field....

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you love it 3000 times more....? Lol. It does look nice but that Really is a sizable price bump.

Not even close....for $3K they should have at least powder coated the coin door, and built a killer topper...

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It was part of the original package release... "3D Wonkatania lit topper"... From what rumors I had heard it was really cool... But... Nope...
JJP has had a really bad habit lately of over promising and under delivering...
Jeff

I think JJP is trying their best, but they have a lot of issues controlling costs, and expectations...the Wonka CE topper is crap.....they should farm out topper development to CGC....

#480 4 years ago

The positive: Love the red trim, shooter, play field, and art work

The Bad: The coin door looks out of place, and that topper is up to standard with the other Shitty JJP toppers....WOZ, and POTC LE toppers are embarrassing

#481 4 years ago

CGC makes great toppers, but they peaked with AFMRLE.....my MBRLE is nice, but doesn't do anything but light up....the new MMR Topper is also nice, but its way over priced ($600) and basically does the same thing as MBRLE

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But the light show and sculpts on our MBRLE are awesome
I like it better than Afm topper myself but CGC blows em all out of the water

Dont get me wrong I like them both.....I just like how the AFMRLE topper interacts with the game (actually moves up and down)...

#510 4 years ago

I can see your point there --

Happy your Happy about the Wonka CE I will tell you JJP makes really nice games....that Pirates game is gonna be hard to beat.

#512 4 years ago

I can see your point there --

I hope they do the good news on POTCLE is the coin door matches the powder coating

#524 4 years ago

Very cool their incorporating auto update...also like the blue tooth headphone options. I get why Jack is frustrated with the clear coat issues, but was kind of dick when the guy asked him about the issue. Its mind boggling to me that he wouldn't just address the solution to the problem....pinball is a different world ... sometimes I don't get it.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just curious? I have s pirates CE which just to look at is drop dead gorgeous
When did JJP announce another pirates ?

They didn't ... I was half joking that the powder coating on the LE is black thus matching the standard coin door.

3 weeks later
#579 4 years ago

I'll never understand why anyone would pay in full for a game unless its ready to ship. Makes zero sense to me.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be lots of reasons.
To be sure they get one.
In case it takes awhile and they get notice it's ready to ship and then have to scramble to find money, no worry - they already paid for it.
I'm not saying you are right or wrong. Everybody does things for different reasons.
LTG : )

I'm sure your correct, but the deposit is supposed to guarantee the game not payment in full 30 days before shipment.

3 weeks later
#766 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

It is nerve wracking...I wired $29K to a dealer about a month ago for a POTC CE and Wonka CE and it makes me very nervous to wire so much money. Still waiting on both. All I can say is that they should get POTC to me soon and Wonka by around Christmas because all they need to do is Google me and see that I have some people who really look out for me and hate to see me be taken advantage of... But I think they're legit.

u still haven't received your POTC CE? Something seems fishy....wasn't that weeks ago?

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Wonka ce review on the first night we got it.

Awesome....thats what its all about

1 week later
#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:How do all you CE owners feel about the new topper JJP released today for $300 dollars ?? I personally feel cheated ! I have a CE and this topper is way better!!! When the wonka CE was originally announced it said it was including an interactive wonkatania topper. Expo rolls around JJP reveals the CE and wonkatania topper has been dropped. Now today they release this for $300. I feel like they should give all the CE owners the option to trade in the current topper for this one. CE owners lets band together and email JJP if you feel the same way I do![quoted image]

I can see why you would feel this way....JJP should have included their standard high quality topper with the LE unit .... $300 for this topper is a joke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 32.99
$ 25.50
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.