wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From what I was told and I believe understood the art is the same. The change is the yellow areas will get the WOZ YBR sparkle treatment but not much more then that. I don't think this is going to be a POTC custom art CE playfield. At least thats what I was told?

Sounds like 3K well spent.

3 months later
#174 4 years ago

The CE will probably include a replacement play field.

3 weeks later
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

You know - I am always a JJP fan - I believe in the man that started it all and I have become a fan of the crew and team that he has built around him to this day. I am a very busy person and there are times that I get away from this hobby, So for me it was shocking to hear about all these issues that I hearing on the the Willy Wonka playfield - So I follow up with some of those that I know and trust and found that this was not just something that just started in the last month or so for me - This was back on the POTC playfields and some other games as well with Stern and to also find out that how some customers were being treated and having to pay for something out of their pocket, I felt that was wrong. I feel that a populated playfield is the right way, But I am thinking maybe that will be on a case by case basis - I am still following and watching to see how things are developing.
I will say this - Since I was out on the Willy Wonka CE - I have had nothing but support by most and a few that did not support my decision and that is fine as well. I am not looking for fame or anything special (other than a powder coated coin door on future CE model). I took a stand and for me....its was for me and for those that were having to pay out of pocket for something that should have been FREE.
But, Like I was hoping JJP is trying to make this correct, I think Jack and JJP have come together and are hearing the complaints that are coming from all over and are addressing the main issue on the playfield and from what I have been told - The problem has been found and fixed. The question for me is how many were done and are damage out there and I am sure that JJP and Stern are busy in trying to take care of those customers that have been affected.
I hear from some people that JJP has not be responsive and hard to get in touch with on this subject. When I jumped out, I contacted JJP (the company) and I did voice my concerns and I was told that that are aware and that a statement would be made soon. Since then I hear that Jack is on the phone everyday addressing those that have been affected. I have always been able to get in touch with JJP as a company and if I need to talk to Jack - I know I can reached him by email or by his cell and he is very fast to get back in touch with me. I truly feels that he treats EVERYONE that way - Jack is approachable and he takes time to talk to me and he lets me voice my opinion. I truly have a passion for this hobby and Jack respects that about me and even though I have been hard on JJP (and other companies) before - He knows that It is my passion for the games and to make them as best as possible.
I am fine with what JJP is doing on reaching out to those that have been effected. I think they are still addressing this issue and in the end, I am positive that JJP will not run away from this issue and will be doing their best to take care of those that have be affected by this issue.
I have not seen the details and Jack will not even show me the details, but I know they are coming and I have been promised that we will be impressed.
So am I back in - YES I am - I have asked Joe for the #12 back - and I am going to be in touch with Matt @ BackAlley to get my door done and I am going to be in touch with those great companies out there to get the great mods that have already been done for this game.
Part of me feels bad to have jumped out, But I know enough now that say that I feel JJP is going to make it right to those on a case by case basis for those that make up a repair ticket. They will make it right - Give them a chance, This is going to take time.
I believe in JJP and if I did not ....I would not be back in on the CE model.[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s shocking that your spot was still available.
Nobody swooped in to pick that baby up for only $12,500 after you bailed?

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a feeling his distributor anticipated his return and just held it for him.

And in this climate, I doubt there is very much demand.

1 week later
#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

While I understand the pf issues why does that prevent JJP from showing the CE package? You have to imagine some of those waiting will buy EHOH or JP2 instead. Looking forward to the reveal, hope it’s soon.

Because at this time they cannot handle any more negativity.

3 weeks later
#327 4 years ago

The forearm tats look good.

#335 4 years ago

Kinda underwhelming, especially at $12,500.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Unimpressed with features over and above an LE model and some of the color choices made. A glass Wonkania topper would have set the CE edition apart. Red powdercoat looks good with Wilder side art, but blue trim on LE's looks as good. Powder coating ramps is a nice touch but they don't look good in red and should have remained metallic. Meanwhile the coindoor would have looked better powdercoated in red to match the rest of hardware.
Pro delivers full features on a budget
LE offers great design choices and finishes
CE looks as nice as the LE

That $3,500 is all gravy for the boys in Lakewood.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So your argument is that JJP should have invented time travel?

I think the argument is that JJP may have been better off omitting a feature that may prove difficult to smoothly integrate into the game.

But as long as you guys are happy none of these criticisms matter. Enjoy your game.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside is never happy.

Yeah, people expect too much for their $12,500.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The CE topper is the definition of lazy. It'd be sad on a Stern Premium, let alone a CE costing $5,000 more. Really uncharacteristically terrible work for JJP. I can't believe they released THAT as the CE topper. Delaying the topper until a suitably impressive one was approved and showing/shipping nothing there would have been better than that.

You may be underestimating the value of that steak dinner.

1 week later
#554 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Looked at the original sales literature. It is clearly descibed therein.

Subject to cheapen without notice.

2 weeks later
#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

My CE payment has been sent and received by Gary at Abel Electronics. Gary is a terrific distributor to work with!

Has Gary been able to get any of his JJP customers a replacement play field at no charge?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
11,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.