wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The CEs are not last in line. The build model for wonka CE is the same as DI and potc. After some LE and more standards are made, all will stop and ONLY CE models will be built up to a certain number probably determined by how many have been ordered by that point with a max of 500 total, then back to SE and LEs again. I predict CEs will be on the line long long before the weather turns cold this year.

Okay so when is JJP going to actually reveal the full CE version? So far we're still on the same line we were on at "launch" which is the "More Surprises!" line that hasn't changed... The longer this goes the more inclined I am to either back out entirely or drop down to an LE...

Jeff

1 week later
#127 4 years ago

I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting here but I'm getting a little concerned about the complete lack of any information from JJP regarding the CE Wonka... I feel like they think because they shipped the SE that it buys them time before they need to get serious about the CE but... I know I'm not the only one here seriously reconsidering and the lack of information isn't helping...

Jeff

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Sadly, we can't expect an open, early dialog anymore. We stomped on that.
Pinsiders punished JJP on POTC for sharing ideas prior to things being fully vetted.
Things must be carved in stone before they'll share. It sucks.

Appreciate the note, I hope you're wrong but I suspect you're probably not...

Thanks,
Jeff

3 weeks later
#144 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Seriously? Nothing yet? LE's are shipping already, CE is next. And nothing?

I'm hearing a few more weeks but it's coming... Waiting on license approvals from all of the different owners. I realize I just said what JJP has been saying for awhile now but I have heard that specifically from someone who would know.

Take it for what it's worth...

Jeff

1 week later
#156 4 years ago

We're now into August and still no word on the CE package... The longer JJP goes without giving us anything the larger the potential disappointment is when people ask "why did it take so long for just "this"?"... Sure it's possible the CE package is just so awesome that the wait was justified but I feel like the longer it goes the higher the bar gets and the more people are apt to be disappointed. Perhaps that's just me...

Jeff

1 week later
#167 4 years ago

I feel like the longer JJP keeps everyone in the dark, the higher the expectations are going to be that the wait was worth it really putting JJP in a position where they can't win... I'll never understand why companies are so reluctant to communicate in situations like this. I don't see what the harm would be for JJP to update us all saying what's been approved and that X number of items are pending approval hence the delay (assuming it's a licensor approval that's holding up the show). That way we can at least see what has been approved to get some sort of feel as to what may be coming or something...

With the new Stern JP pin and their ability to ship quickly, JJP could be losing buyers that they may not of otherwise lost if the communication was better than it has been to date. Perhaps I'm wrong, who really knows...

Jeff

#168 4 years ago

LOL... I basically said the same thing 6 days ago so my apologies for my forgotten post...

Jeff

1 week later
#181 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

If there is not "exclusive playfield artwork" as shown on the spec sheet, gotta think a lot of people will be sorely disappointed.
If JJP knows right now that the CE playfield is just going to be the same art package with YBR sparkle, they should probably tell people sooner rather than later.

Given how long JJP has waited to reveal the final CE package/details, it had better be more than just sparkle on the same art package... You can't hold out this long only to say "surprise, we added sparkle, the end"...

Jeff

#185 4 years ago

I'm not aware of any play field issues on my JJP POTC CE but I haven't looked in great detail at every single post or part of the game that contacts the play field...

Jeff

#187 4 years ago

Am I the only one seriously considering cancelling my CE preorder so I can get something else since it seems like JJP is going to drag this out for awhile?

Jeff

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I'm not considering canceling my CE until I see the pictures and videos of a CE. If it's not unique enough to justify the price, I'll drop down to an LE.

I think that's the direction I'm leaning towards as well at this point...

Jeff

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

WELL - I wanted to post it on here once I sent Joe the Message (by email)
I AM OUT ON MY WILLY WONKA CE #12
For those of you that are wanting the #12 - I guess it will be available. I am taking a stance on this issue with the chipping playfields that or showing up on the POTC and now Willy Wonka (there might even be other as well). I have not had a chance to see the CE playfield and it might be amazing and all - But even if it is -- I am still out on my preorder.
I know we all have had fun with me being the #12 on the CE models and powder coating on the coin doors and me picking on Joe @ 3 AM and all. I am taking a stand on this issue on the chipping playfields. I understand that this has not happen to me and my games are fine and in good shape - But I have a serious problem with how this is all being handled.
So - Let me first say that I love Joe @ Pinstar and I would never do anything that would hurt him - He is a riot and puts up with my shit. He is my friend.
We got these chipping issues showing up on some of the Willy Wonka playfields and I am concern about how it is being handled by JJP with NO clear solution that is making the customer happy. I think a fair solution is a populated playfield. But that is not happening - Just giving out some washers does not fix the problem. Really the problem needs to be fixed back to the source and get this done before it blows up out of control. But, till it does - Any customer that is having a issue with chipping playfield needs to be taken care of and it needs to be done the right way.
We spend 12,500 for these games - A chipping playfied would make me PIST - I would take off work and drive that game down to the JJP factory and drop it off myself if that happened to me. But this is not about those that are paying more for a CE model. For me, I am lucky that I can do this - But I work extra long hours on weekends and nights to help pay for my hobby and boxing art collection. So, I am not different than those of you out there working from paycheck to paycheck. I work very long hours and put alot of time and passion in my plumbing company. So this is the same with Pinball - I have alot of passion for pinball and to see those around me not getting a fair solution and still upset about what is going on and having to just settle with what is going on with their game, or having to pay out $550.00 for a playfield that they should not even have to pay one penny for in my opinion.
Sorry - I can not do this and stand by and not take a stand - So Again,
I am out - WWCF Collectors Edition #12
JJP needs to do the right thing - I am not picking on any certain person @ JJP. But I am saying that JJP as a whole and as a company needs to do the right thing and till they do - I AM OUT. I am out on all games unless I work something out with Joe like on Mafia or Thuderbirds. I will still do business with Joe and I am hoping that this will be taken care of and if it does and I do not get #12 because I let it go - So be it. I will maybe get another number - Trust me @ 500 CE Models and with all this shit going on right now - They will be available. Heck, #1 might be available if this does not get taken care of soon.
I am not asking for a boycott - I am not trying to hurt anyone. I am just taking a stance and for me and I hope other will do the same to hopefully show JJP that we are all willing to give something up to do what it right.
JJP is a great company - But here as of late, they are not acting like one. They are making a big mistake. I am just one person, But I am my own person and I remember JJP from the early days and all I got to say is that if they will not take care of those having issues now - Who is to say that they will take care of me later. I dont care if a game cost $5,000 or $16,000.00 - The company that makes those games need to take care of the customers.
I hope this gets better soon, but till then - I AM OUT on WWCF CE #12
Thanks to all and we do need to stand together.

Are you feeling neglected or something??? How many different threads do you need to cross post in??? I mean come on...

Jeff

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The most die hard JJP fan just canceled his order. It's getting real now.

LOL... Not really but yes lets everyone freak out even further...

Jeff

#201 4 years ago

Wow - Got to love this man....
Another break from my job
From what I have seen in the past 24 hours is a wave of people coming together and taking a stand. and lets get something straight here - I don't think anyone that has said that they were out on their CE games was completely out - Just that that they have withdrawn their orders till this is addressed and fixed by JJP. We all have a right to be concern, but not you Jeff - You have those blinders on and you are just waiting for that game to be revealed to hopefully show more than just glitter.
For me, I want the game to be great, I want the game to be over the top with features and something that make this CE model better than the last one. That is what I want from JJP, to be better on the next one. But to not take care of those that have been affected by chipping playfields or to come up with a half-ass solution to hopefully see that they will settle and go away.
I do agree with someone that posted on the other thread that I don't think that this is happening like wife spread - But it is happening and these games are just months old - They just need to take care of those customers. I wanted to make sure that I was correct and not just someone on somebody's else band wagon
But HEY, it should not matter to you because you games are perfect and you have no reason to believe that your CE will any issues. I acutually would agree with that on mine CE#12 - but to support someone that is not fully supporting others around us - Not my style.
But again, I do hope JJP makes it right. I have seen some posting where some have said that JJP is going to be making a statement. Lets hope they do - Because if they do not..... I am seeing a trend of customers going the other direction.
and by the way - Thanks again for the break away from my plumbing office duties.....Needed that break again. Now - I am going to go cook a pizza.

It’s not that I don’t agree that this issue is serious or that I don’t agree JJP isn’t doing the right thing, it’s that I don’t think this is this critical mass hysteria thing you and others seem to think it is. Are we not free to disagree and have differing opinions or is this just like twitter where people mob up on others because they don’t conform?

You’re absolutely free to do whatever you want naturally. I just disagree with your position.

Jeff

#203 4 years ago

Agree - I give you that - Just my stance But I will say that it is more wide spread - Maybe not like wide - but enough that it has me worried that if it did happen to me that I would want some kind of assurance that it would get fixed the right way - That is my concern and from what I am seeing out there by those affected, It is not being handled the right way.

Completely agree... I don’t think JJP has handled it well at all either. I worry about what I can control and since it hasn’t happened to me, I can’t say how JJP would handle it.

Jeff

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Each playfield has a unique design formed by chipped artwork.
I feel like JJP needs to do a little better than fix the problem going forward. The offer to sell another playfield to someone with chipping issues is more concerning than anything. At these prices a fix shouldn't require any additional money. What's next? Are they going to start selling playfield warranties to customers to protect against their poor QC?

Agreed.

Jeff

#212 4 years ago

Is it safe to assume that we'll hear nothing until Jack is back from his vacation? I mean what could possibly be taking so long here...???

Jeff

2 weeks later
#224 4 years ago

Am I the only one who is starting to think the CE will never come to fruition? Funny, JJP said we'd know in a couple of weeks back in July... LOL

The complete radio silence on this is very confusing...

Jeff

#227 4 years ago

Not confusing at all. It's pretty hard to finish a product when your main ingredient (play field) is missing. No way JJP is going to release the CE until they know each and every play field used in them has perfect clear coat. I'm guessing that was NOT the case when they checked their inventory. I wonder how many of them were scrapped and sent back to the vendor. Probably quite a few.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

That seems to be the ONLY plausible explanation, I just wish JJP would at least say as much... Then again, in doing so they'd have to publicly admit to a problem which opens an entirely new case of worms...

Jeff

1 month later
#341 4 years ago

We waited for this? The topper I was clued in on was WAYYYYYY better than this crap... Ugh... Way to over hype and underdeliver JJP...

Jeff

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Am i remembering correctly that in twitch streams, JJP employees were telling us that the CE was delayed because they were waiting on final approval of playfield artwork assets by the license holder?
6 months to approve the same picture of Wonka in a circular outline, story doesn't check out.
I wonder what the real reason was.

My "guess" here is it had to do with the topper and the signature plate... The original topper was so much better than what JJP ended up with (3D Wonkatania with motion). I think they finally got to a point where the Wonkatania topper was too expensive to produce or they had reliability issues or something along those lines.

Again, just guessing but based on what I'm now seeing in the CE package whats what first came to my mind. One has to wonder if the topper was neutered due to additional cost pressures from the playfield issues and JJP just ran out of coin...???

Jeff

#438 4 years ago

Considering he's been dead for more than 3 years, I'd tend to agree with you.

Really? Face palm... LOL I somehow didn't know that...

Jeff

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Also don't remember seeing a Wonkatania boat with motion ,that would be a great topper though

It was part of the original package release... "3D Wonkatania lit topper"... From what rumors I had heard it was really cool... But... Nope...

JJP has had a really bad habit lately of over promising and under delivering...

Jeff

#453 4 years ago

Hopefully someone asks JJP what happened with the topper...???

Jeff

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Can you please share what is wrong with it and what did we excpect?
Regards

For one it's lame as fudge.... Two, it was supposed to be a "3D Wonkatania"....

Jeff

1 week later
#544 4 years ago

Might want to get rid of the graphic that talks about the topper that doesn’t exist...

Jeff

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago

Some of us, myself included, have been asked by our distributor of choice for full payment. Anyone have any hints as to when JJP might actually ship the first of the CEs? I have no idea what number I'm getting so therefore I have no idea when I'll get mine but just waiting to start seeing someone get one...

Jeff

#580 4 years ago

Nice...if u made ur payment... that means there is only 498 left to go.
should be hearing something by Thanksgiving....I think
Really am curious if all 500 are being made and are sold...if to distributors for stock reasons. That's lots of money to be just sitting in a box, lookikg to be sold.

I did...

Jeff

#587 4 years ago

JJP had a Facebook update today that indicated the first of the Wonka CE's are to the boxing stage...

Jeff

1 week later
#624 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12
The Pinside bidding starts at $ 1...
Who will be the lucky winner of the most talked about game ever... he’s in / he’s out / he bought $ 1,000 of mods, he’s back in... This game has had some serious emotional ups and downs - who’s gonna give this non-powdered coated coin door beauty the love it deserves ?[quoted image]

I'll bid $5 please? LOL

Saw the post this morning from JJP on Facebook... I wonder what my CE number is going to be...??? Not that I care per say but just curious... Just waiting for that email from my distributor regarding shipping...

Jeff

#630 4 years ago

Got a call a little bit ago about mine, may ship today, could be Monday but it's close... VERY EXCITED!!!!

Jeff

#636 4 years ago

Shipping confirmed.

Jeff

#679 4 years ago

Delivery appointment scheduled from my shipping carrier... Getting excited now...

Jeff

#705 4 years ago

My CE arrived today... I'll spare everyone the unboxing pictures since a few have already done that. The playfield is absolutely amazing, pictures don't do it justice...

Jeff

#712 4 years ago

This has instantly become my favorite game in my collection... The shots are so much fun, the game is challenging and really forces you to be on point with your shots. I REALLY like the additional Veruca Salt call outs as well. I did have two little glitches, the most secret machine motor got disconnected in shipping so that was an easy fix and then during one of the games both monitors just died. Had to reboot the game entirely but they came back just fine and it's only happened that one time but wanted to call it out. Topper is a complete afterthought and really is a disappointing effort when compared to the POTC CE... Like I said before the playfield is just magnificent and not a single picture I've see really captures it well. You just have to see it...

Thanks,
Jeff

6C7A8ADB-994E-4BB2-ADE2-91FD03B8DA58 (resized).jpeg6C7A8ADB-994E-4BB2-ADE2-91FD03B8DA58 (resized).jpeg
#716 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

How many other WWCE owners are using a playfield protector? Just curious.

I am not, FWIW...

Jeff

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Need to use a device on the playfield to measure the slope. Sld be at least 6.5 but myself and many others find that 6.8-7.0 plays best and of course level from side to side.

All of my pins are set to 6.5, FWIW...

Jeff

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love them! Her voice is very pleasant.
She has a lot, too.

Agree completely, really like her call outs.

Jeff

3 weeks later
#825 4 years ago

I have a set of the protectors and even then you need two people for the left side. One to lift the PF and the other to hold the protector in place so it isn’t lifted with the PF...

Jeff

#827 4 years ago

I have these: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

They are plastic and simply slide in and out when you need to use them.

Jeff

4 months later
#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi Guys , Has anyone that purchased a Willy Wonka CE had any playfield issues as in pooling and clear coat cracking looking at purchasing a Willy Wonka CE.
As I have looked at 3 Willy Wonka LE's that have been listed for sale but all had major playfield issues .

My Wonka CE was perfect playfield wise and I was one of the first deliveries.

Thanks,
Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.