wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

I'm in for a Wonka CE! I've been waiting a few years for my finances to allow me to get a WOZ, but as soon as I heard Wonka, I've been drawn to it. It will be my first NIB purchase and first pin period, since a used 1976 Aztec in the early 80's. I guess that's like going from a Pinto to a new Cadillac. Locations around town only have Stern machines which are nice, but JJP has that little extra that I want. If I hate the reveal (which I doubt), I'll grab one of the many WOZ's that are about to go on the block to make room for Wonka...win win

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Maybe this is one of those things of who u know....I have had the last two Collector's Edition of the #12 spot. I have been told that some distributors are reaching out to those CE owners of the past and seeing if those are wanting to keep their same numbers.
My request is in and I have the #12 spot....I just dont know for sure as of today what game it is for...But I got a good guess.

Do the distributors have any choice in what #’s they receive to sell though? What are the odds your distributor gets #12?

I sent in a message via website about getting on a list for a CE, but haven’t gotten a response. If I don’t hear back I’ll just call to give my deposit. I’m not dead set on a specific number though.

#14 5 years ago
#16 5 years ago

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/12aW6JtfvUdcdO" width="351" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p>via GIPHY</p>

#18 5 years ago
B21276A8-642C-47C2-A956-F7B7D2B53EBB (resized).pngB21276A8-642C-47C2-A956-F7B7D2B53EBB (resized).png
#22 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am not big on numbers either - but #12 is my lucky number and I think its just that I got the last two CE Models #12's and I am locked in for that as long as I am wanting a CE Model and given my history and passion for JJP -- I always get the top models -- So for me....I have that relationship with JOE.
If it were me -- I would advise you to not email them --- Find their cell number and text him or her @ 3AM -- Might get a better response.
WORKS FOR ME.....

Haha! Oh I totally get that. I knew you had a special relationship with Joe. I was just wondering how JJP decides which distributors get which CE numbers. I guess they request them directly from JJP based on their customer requests. Wouldn’t it suck if JJP sent #12 to another distributor? I’m assuming Joe has a way of requesting specific numbers ahead of time though. I’ll get my order in one way or another. I’m not worried about that. I’m just interested to see if they will set the max number of CE’s and label the machines “x of x” or leave it open ended.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

From what I saw in the stream, nothing wowed me. Use of video, which is awesome on every other jjp was a let down, so was music and call outs. Didn't see any ground breaking mechs on the playfield. When I saw poc with the rocking ship and shooting cannon balls at the other ship, that was a wow factor. WOZ with the 2 upper playfields, the trees, the spinning house, the witch... That was wow. What am I supposed to look at on this machine that wows me, the hole in the pf multiball?
I really really want to like this game, I hope when I play it I am wowed.
$12,500 is way to much to take a leap of faith. Plenty of time to see if this is worth it before I pay in full as they are producing the standards and le's first.

I couldn't agree more. I also had a deposit on a CE but cancelled it. It seems to me like they wasted this theme trying to increase profit margins and cater to the coin-op market. Very simple mechs, standard body, generic callouts that sound like a boring game show host. This theme has so many great things that could be integrated that weren't. I'm sure it's a great shooting game since Pat designed it, but the theme was not used to even 50% of it's potential.

I saw this as a wide body game with upper playfields and perhaps an actual model of the wonkavator from the movie, that can receive the ball and raise it to the upper playfield. Wonkavision is not innovative at all, because they always have a mini lcd in their games anyway and all they had to do was put a white plastic frame around it with a model camera and there ya go. The gobstopper is a solid piece that spins on a motor, easy peasy and cheap. The apron doesn't even look like solid wood either. Looking at this machine, I would say their margins have to be pretty big at this price point.

I'm happy they found a way to be profitable so they stay in business, because I do love their machines better than any Stern ever made. However, I was really hoping they would at least go all out on Wonka like they did WOZ and POTC. It's such a waste of a perfect theme. I'm actually thinking a WOZ YBR looks better to me now.

5 months later
#265 4 years ago

I just ducked in here to see if the CE had an ETA yet. I was one of those that bailed on my CE reservation after the reveal and watching it streamed for a couple of weeks. After playing an LE recently, I’m still happy I went with POTCLE instead. Wonka is a fun game for what it is and it shoots well, but unfortunately Eric spoiled me with his POTC innovation and I expected the same for Wonka. Originally, I envisioned a REAL wonkavator, an Augustus pipe ball lock, a working eggdicator trap door for the ball, etc. I also thought the rule set would be tied into the theme better, such as the journey to each golden ticket being themed after the kid that found it and their experiences.

Since my issues with it are things that cannot be changed, I guess I was hoping maybe the CE artwork would give me a reason to love it anyway. Regardless, I’ll definitely be in for a CE on Eric’s next title, but only if clear coat issues are gone. I’m glad to hear they are sorting it out.

Good luck to all waiting on CEs! I hope the design dazzles and the clear coats are solid!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 91.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=jamcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.