wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay -- Here is my take on this - EVERYONE KNOWS MY STANCE ON THE COIN DOOR (enough said), but I think you get the side art and playfield art that is different (granted its not a POTC CE, But it is different and more than just sprinkles - it is different just not as much as the POTC CE.
The real big failure here was ALL THE HYPE - The big reveal and then to have the let down on the CE - Then the WAIT - Then the playfield issues - Then the final unveiling of the CE - I think its a winner and even though its not a POTC CE. It worth the cost for me only because I can afford it and work hard extra night to make sure that I can make those payments. I think it was HUGE MISTAKE on the 500 CE's. I really think JJP is nuts thinking that 500 of these are going to be sold - I hope someday that someone tells me that I am wrong - But the problem is will they sell 500 of these within a year. Here is why, I say that - There are going to be those that will by their CE model and as time goes by - Will sell there CE with all the mods on it and the powder coated coindoor, Etc....and what do you think that CE model will sell for? I say you be luck to get 9,000 for that game and that is with you already putting in maybe 1500 to over 2000 in the game on top of the 12,500 already paid for this game.
But -- On my POTC CE - I have over $2,500 in mods on this game and if I wanted to sell my POTC CE for 15,000 - I PROMISE YOU that I WOULD HAVE IT SOLD IN 48 HOURS - I just don't think the WWCF CE will have that resell value - But I am not here to make profit to break even - I love pinball and I love JJP games - I only hope that they will learn from this one and make the next one even better and learn how maybe a little extra effort on the topper or maybe add some powder coating to A FREAKIN COIN DOOR - can add value and help keep those CE owners or attract and first time CE Owner.
It comes down to each person - I have come to learn that and for me I like the more rare items. Good example is my MAFIA game - I love it - Its simple and only two of them in the USA - okay - was not a big hit, price was maybe high - But I got it a great price and like the original art. I actually like my MAFIA.
So lets see what happens - Its not that I dont want JJP to sell all 500 CE Games - I just don't see the passion on this game a wide spread as it was on POTC CE - but, I hope I am wrong - Because it really is a beautiful game and plays awesome and for me it is worth the extra cost. I got the mods all ready to go and Matt @ Back Alley is already got the powder ready to go as soon as I send him my coin door and accessories.

Here's what I don't get with this logic (I've heard it on the K podcast too). We think that they should only make 250 CEs because it would ramp up demand so that they would be more likely to sell out but they won't sell out 500 because it's not limited enough. That might be true, but from Jersey Jack's perspective isn't it better to sell 260 than 250 despite not being able to say it sold out? Or are we saying they won't sell 250 now, where they would have if it had been limited to that number in the first place (certainly possible).

I guess I think the question isn't whether they will sell 500 but if they will sell more than 250.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.