wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

What does that mean, you're in for #12? Like you have a spot on some guaranteed list? The distributors I talked to said there really isn't any list yet?

1 week later
#73 4 years ago

As I just posted in another thread, no matter how many they make it won't matter. I can't find ANY JJP games for sale used on the west coast at all (maybe one crappy Hobbit). This should tell you something about how the scarcity in their market works. I found a smattering of used on the east coast (mainly DI and some WOZ) and a smattering of new (most DI, one standard PoTC) on the west coast. There just aren't many games around new or used so however many they make and whatever the price point it seems like resale would not be an issue.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Like taking off the upper playfield on the pro version of a game that years ago the original versions were defined by having an upper playfield?

Is that also akin to having a version of the game without a lower playfield?? *cough*munsters*cough* I wasn't aware that was something that went on. I assumed the game with the same name would have the same layout and code so scores would be comparable. But I guess now you have to account version in to that? The only game I sort of knew that did this was TAF Gold and even then it was just smaller scoring changes. Is this otherwise prevalent?

1 month later
#90 4 years ago

Is there a comparison chart somewhere (I can't find a similar one to POTC or WOZ now but I am sure I saw it). I am wondering if much of the playfield/toys/plastics will be different on the CE. I played Wonka Friday at NWPAS and was a bit underwhelmed by the build quality or more like the use of graphiced plastics in place of actual moulded pieces. There is a plastic "box" over the left side ramp near the lanes that I can't figure out what it is but it's a plastic nightmare. The gobstopper shot looks stupidly basic (a metal plate with a big blue rubber bumper on it?). I just feel like they sort of shit the bed when it comes to really getting the JJP moneys worth kind of value.

Also, is it just me or is the top right flipper hard as heck to see? My wife and I had to crane our necks each time the ball went up there to try and see the flipper hitting the ball.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Model comparison chart has been on JJP site since release. There is also a solution if you dislike the factory molded box diverter...... Selfless promotion lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

Of course I swear your mods sell me on a game more than the game itself sometimes.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's in the official club thread as a key post.

Bah, I should remember about the keyposts. I tend to use Google as my end all be all because I have trouble with the main search here and it didn't come up with a result the same as searching for other game comparison charts.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Im really hoping that we are waiting for different playfield art on the CE to be approved. One would think if it was just "sparkles" added we would have seen something by now right ?

If the trend is like POTC then it should be substantially different. I don't think this is a YBR situation.

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats sadly what JJP implied when asked what would be different. I'm sure it will look great just don't think it will be a completely different art package like POTC. All are great games but I had to slide back to the LE as I feel it was to hard to justify the CE on this one.

Sad. Such a captive audience.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.