1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 916 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by RichieWrench
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 229 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F503E7F2-C6F2-40AE-9286-BC2929C69721 (resized).jpeg
Richie_Wrench_02-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2696 (resized).jpeg
5ECB8955-83EC-4148-90ED-7CAFE52CAE04 (resized).jpeg
D9584B16-5D01-4C37-B2F9-2F6C4F12E9D2 (resized).jpeg
EFFA658F-5A67-4DE7-B118-15315FEF96D9 (resized).jpeg
90 (resized).jpeg
Richie Wrench Color (resized).jpg
wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

I could be in for a CE but need to wait and see what it has over the limited ed. and would like to flip the machine first
If they are all sold out when I make my mind up - so be it - I'll just get a limited and save a few grand

looking for number 12.5 hopefully

Added 15 months ago:

I couldn't take the hype train, been waiting through 4 pins to find a JJP I wanted.
Deposit in on a CE

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

YES -- WELCOME TO THE CLUB -- Did you bid on the CE #12 ????

Nope, just getting my own reproduction #12 plaque

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

that is funny...and cheaper way

either that or go for #122 and chisel off the extra 2

#55 1 year ago

i don't know richiewrench
I ate the hype for this game, put a deposit down on a CE, and now I am questioning it.
I agree JJP gives you more things for the same money than stern, but that reveal was a huge let down. They should of waited another month to get it more polished. I was expecting ground breaking, and did not see it. I can't believe I am saying this, maybe it's too early and I need more coffee, but right now I am thinking DI over Wonka. From what I saw in the stream, nothing wowed me. Use of video, which is awesome on every other jjp was a let down, so was music and call outs. Didn't see any ground breaking mechs on the playfield. When I saw poc with the rocking ship and shooting cannon balls at the other ship, that was a wow factor. WOZ with the 2 upper playfields, the trees, the spinning house, the witch... That was wow. What am I supposed to look at on this machine that wows me, the hole in the pf multiball?

I really really want to like this game, I hope when I play it I am wowed.
$12,500 is way to much to take a leap of faith. Plenty of time to see if this is worth it before I pay in full as they are producing the standards and le's first.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a CE deposit as well and I’m kinda annoyed with the increase to 500 units. Wasn’t blown away by any means. Probably end up with an LE.

Why? - who really cares if they make 500 or 1,000 of them
If you have one in your home and enjoy it - what's the difference how many others have the same one?
I just don't really understand the collector mentality - these are toys: buy what you like, play the hell out of it and sell it when it bores you.
If you can't absorb these machines losing a percentage of their value, then you may be spending too much

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Then why does JJP limit to 500? The nature of the model is scarcity.
500 or 1000 games made plays little into my decision to buy a game but that price point with a potential of 500 made tells me getting rid of it will cost thousands. Not the only factor in making a decision, but as someone who has bought every JJP NIB, the resale isn't always there.
Thanks for the advice though.

I understand the model of scarcity - what I was saying is that I don't care about scarcity nor resale value
I think the bigger issue with buying a CE affecting resale value is the actual cost and not the amount available.
The market for a $5,000 used machine is much greater than a market for a $12,000 machine be it 250 or 500 produced

Please send me $5 for the advice

2 weeks later
#83 1 year ago

If the CE topper is just average - then I am 100% going down to an LE
just don't see the CE being worth it to me unless they surprise us with something unexpected

1 month later
#119 1 year ago

I'm keeping my CE spot until I play more developed code and see the final artwork/topper package
But at this point 94.6% sure I am not sticking with the CE and 63.5% thinking I may drop out all together.

#123 1 year ago

Sorry, Mafia had to be the worst game at pinfest
Maybe it plays better at home, but I couldn't compell myself to finish a game

1 month later
#165 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ya I got your text - woke me up cause I forgot to put my phone on 'Richie Wrench silence mode'...
Anyone know a hit man ? Asking for a friend...

There's always that one customer .....

1 week later
#192 10 months ago

I canceled my CE a while ago, the long wait and the fact that wonka didnt wow me just pushed me out. At this point I would not roll the dice with $12,500. Also, what good is a replacement PF if the issue is not fixed. To be fair stern is having issues on multiple titles also. Pinball is not a needed thing, and I definitely don't need the stress of dealing with chipping pfs

3 weeks later
#254 10 months ago

So that all out boycott lasted a day and half ........

4 weeks later
#322 9 months ago

the topper ......

1 month later
#583 8 months ago

CE looks like a nice package - it is beautiful
but for $12,500 that topper is not only bad - it's an embarrassment compared to MMre for $10 grand even compared to some of the Stern toppers: BK, Munsters, Walking dead

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside