wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I tell you, I was very, very close to buying a NIB POTCLE but it just didn't work out at the time, and then when they became scarce I kind of regretted it, but now with all the reported problems I really feel lucky. I'd love to own a JJP someday, but they're really going to have to prove their QC before that happens. At this point I feel like they need to go so far as to prevent dimpling before I'd buy NIB.

That's to bad as your missing out on some amazing pins. I've owned them all except wonka( which were driving to get now) and have had no major issues .

1 week later
#273 4 years ago

Also waiting on this.... I currently have a le and absolutely love the game/pin so i wld like to possibly get the ce depending on what it offers over the le.

3 weeks later
#398 4 years ago

Beautiful pin... everyone that has been waiting will be super happy with this amazing game. I may even upgrade from my le down the road since Wonka is a long term keeper for the family and i.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't know.... I felt so disappointed with thr reveal. It just doesn't seem like a true CE compared to Pirates. I kept hanging in there but for that much money, I don't see the value in getting this particular model. With sadness, I requested my deposit today . Hopefully Jack realizes for him to sell 500 CE's, he's going to have to make it uniquely limited from the other models offered. Hopefully he does so with guns and roses.

Grab a le.. its a really beautiful and awesome pin...

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have faith in Eric based on his jjPotC work. Pre-release, he got bashed so hard with discgate and chestgate, but it turned out to be one of the most amazing debut efforts in pinball EVER. It's PACKED with great ideas. Like I've said a few times, the last few pins (Wonka most of all) have shown that Lawlor is out of innovation gas. Eric has a tall hurdle to get over to beat his jjPotC effort, but jjGnR has the potential to be fantastic if he does it.

Your opinion but i much prefer my wonka le over my potc le. I perfer the way wonka shoots and the rules more. Not to take anything away from potc as its amazingly awesome and has some neat stuff /toys but wonka is just more fun for the family and i... but those and dile are probably my favorite pins ever as of now.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The red plaque with signatures is about as ugly as ugly gets and is covering up other artwork. How about a $1,000 rebate for those with taste who'd rather they tossed it in the bin?

It can be removed and put in the coin box for safe keeping... jjp aprons are beautiful under the card holders

#483 4 years ago

Really surprised how many really care so much about toppers. I actually dont care for them and am completely happy without having them. If it comes with something thats cool ill use it ... but i dont go out of my way to get them. The game is on the playfield and thats where i want the bom spent.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That cheesy plastic topper on the CE is an embarrassment. Look what CGC does for a lot less...…..

Cgc is also just remaking a allready designed pin.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first glance hot take was the same as yours. Over time as I started to learn just how much info is crammed into that screen, I really came to appreciate it.
You should check out the JJP session from last weekend's expo, they went into the many iterations and ideas they had to land where they did.

Link to session?

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's your favorite CE feature? Surely it can't be the topper.

I think the whole package is beautiful.... art, powder coat playfield sparkle and radcals all just work well for a gorgeous pin.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The only way that would happen is if every CE buyer cancelled their order like I did. Just can't see paying so much more than an LE and not getting what was promised.

What was promised ?

2 weeks later
#589 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

CE looks like a nice package - it is beautiful
but for $12,500 that topper is not only bad - it's an embarrassment compared to MMre for $10 grand even compared to some of the Stern toppers: BK, Munsters, Walking dead

I guess.. but its still just a topper that's static. Wonka is a much better game with so much more bling and a much better playfield design and the code and lighting are not even in the same ballpark. I don't miss mm at all and a topper and some rgb lights are not gonna change anything .

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Probably as many as they need to. Pretty sure they don't have 500 orders, so they'll do them to order when necessary.

A lot of people are waiting on the ce.. many more than i thought. I see a lot on fb that are waiting on them. I'd bet half are sold out from distros allready. Then the other half will sell over the next year or so.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Richie. Since the topper is a 'disappointment', are the other differences worth $3000 more than a LE? I mean glitter on a playfield, RADCALS, some added voice call outs, under cabinet lights and to some, a better looking cabinet art package all for just "a few dollars more". Am I missing something? FWIW, I switched my CE order to an LE after I saw the abysmal excuse for a topper. I just could not see the requisite value to justify the extra dollars for the CE. But, no sarcasm intended, enjoy your CE!

U can ask this same question about the le and stern premiums and le's . Everyone is different and sees different things they like and value more.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why is it that a protector overlay is even needed?Cant you just put a thin coat of wax on ?

It's not imo..keep balls changed and game clean and waxed and it sld be fine for the long haul

#675 4 years ago

Keep and play one of the mmr and sell the other.. no need to have 2 unless its kept somewhere else

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.
also got the MMr #1 in today as well.
Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12 if anyone might be interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a awesome day.. enjoy wonka.. I believe u will love it.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This has instantly become my favorite game in my collection... The shots are so much fun, the game is challenging and really forces you to be on point with your shots. I REALLY like the additional Veruca Salt call outs as well. I did have two little glitches, the most secret machine motor got disconnected in shipping so that was an easy fix and then during one of the games both monitors just died. Had to reboot the game entirely but they came back just fine and it's only happened that one time but wanted to call it out. Topper is a complete afterthought and really is a disappointing effort when compared to the POTC CE... Like I said before the playfield is just magnificent and not a single picture I've see really captures it well. You just have to see it...
Thanks,
Jeff[quoted image]

Awesome. I knew u wld love it. I think many people will love this game once they play it

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Getting mine tomorrow, what is the best degrees to level it at? Deadpool I had before played very differently at different setups.

7 .0 seems to work well

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Finally got my baby today! YES, you can not see on a picture how nice it is!! Did install the post to the left ramp, since ball seem to drain there all the time. However, ball gets stuck between posts, so it don´t work, however there are 2 diffrent holes to apply it to, will trie the other one. Do you guys use the post and what difficult level have you choosen in settings? I also turned the red light off below, it´s awesome to have it flashing in modes, but not on all the time. Also curious what level you have on the legs. In instruction it was said to put all legs in maximum, I did and it plays well imo.

Need to use a device on the playfield to measure the slope. Sld be at least 6.5 but myself and many others find that 6.8-7.0 plays best and of course level from side to side.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

All of my pins are set to 6.5, FWIW...
Jeff

All mine are at 7.0 as 6.5 was to floaty and I like them playing little faster and more difficult. Results may vary from person to person as it's all personal preference.

#755 4 years ago

I've tried the slot protectors both ways and it seems to depend on the game on which direction works best..

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One of the better reviews of Wonka I’ve seen on Pinside. Not one complaint about the synced audio!

Most people love the game and think its probably jjp best pin overall . Its just a few on pinside that say the same bs over and over... regardless it dont matter bc its selling well and most owners are very happy.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One of the better reviews of Wonka I’ve seen on Pinside. Not one complaint about the synced audio!

What do you think of the speech/callouts on the ce over the other models?

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love them! Her voice is very pleasant.
She has a lot, too.

Any new streams with your ce?

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
It's really puzzling to me, that this pin isnt the most wanted machine.

Its selling well and most people really enjoy it... dont let a few naysayers on here make u think otherwise

1 week later
#802 4 years ago

Mines just a le but you can see many of the mod couples mods that really finish off the pin. Also set of spot lights from lernmods. 20191221_015652 (resized).jpg20191221_015652 (resized).jpg

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I got many of those mods too. But for the lermods sling spots, I had him wire it to splice that and a blue trough light into one of the existing spot lights. This worked out very well as I tapped into the spot behind the factory tower on the right and that dims and brightens with the light effects in the game. So on those light wave sweeps, the lermod lights will sweep with the light show too. Connected this way, they provide accent lighting to the darker center area just enough during normal play. An analogy would be it's like a 40 watt end table lamp as opposed to a 150 watt overhead dome light (pinstadiums). During some modes they turn off with the spots - like during the oompa loompa mode, so those light shows stay intact (and sometimes dim). If you just want them on bright all of the time, tell lermods and they can just wire it for that and give those instructions. The sling lights do cover a small amount of the playfield at the top of the sling that I'm getting used to. If that starts to annoy me too much, I may see if I can move them or attach them differently. Anyway - just my review of them since I did something a little different with them with the wiring help of lermods.

I have mine hooked up so they go out with the gi... I didn't want them on consistently.

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And a magnificent LE it is !
LTG : )

It really is a beautiful pin..

1 week later
#822 4 years ago

Put mirrors on.. just will have be careful lifting the playfield as all jjp pins are tight. Use the projectors when/if raising the playfield. Cant really be upset at jjp for making well made tight pins lol. Most b/w pins are tough to fit mirrors on also. Also yes Wonka is a awesome pin and a blast to play. Super fast and flows very well. Have fun

3 weeks later
#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I only can find the SE, this was the one for the Special When Lit 24 hr. charity stream that was auctioned off.[quoted image]

Thats actually a le playfield... see the extra vulk hole for wonkavator lock...

3 weeks later
#878 4 years ago

Also don't forget you can go into settings and change the lighting effects for the wonkatania mode.... stock is the lowest setting. I put mine up to super crazy or something and it's super awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 91.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 32.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.