wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LMAO - Dave you are actually a bit off... We are sending him his game 1 piece at a time with assembly instructions. He'll be first in line but we are just sending him a screw on that day. According to Gary Stern there are 3,000 parts in a pinball machine so this will take him out about 9 years. He's very handy being a contractor and all.

Where is @richiewrench? Joe (@PinballStar) - I think you should text him at 6AM tomorrow morning and ask if he wants you to send him the assembly drawings ahead of time to study. He always wants the info upfront.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Where is richiewrench? Joe (PinballStar) - I think you should text him at 6AM tomorrow morning and ask if he wants you to send him the assembly drawings ahead of time to study. He always wants the info upfront.

I should send him parts that don't even assemble a pinball machine - have him work on this for months then he ends up with a shitty end table or something...

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I should send him parts that don't even assemble a pinball machine - have him work on this for months then he ends up with a shitty end table or something...

Candy paint an IKEA dresser

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Candy paint an IKEA dresser

Well ... at least the drawer fronts.

#405 4 years ago

This'll keep him occupied for while...

horrible-instructions-ikea-furniture-manual (resized).jpghorrible-instructions-ikea-furniture-manual (resized).jpg
#406 4 years ago

When we were all young and looked at Playboy, Richie ooh'd and aah'd over this...

(I'm going to pay for this little ball busting episode with 5,000 text messages I'm sure)…

ToiletRepair (resized).jpgToiletRepair (resized).jpg
#407 4 years ago

Let me remind everyone I did eventually get Richie his powder coated coin door last year at Expo at the DI CE owner's dinner - and I had Jack and Pat Lawlor sign it for him - not sure what he's still griping about...

coindoor (resized).jpgcoindoor (resized).jpgcoin door2 (resized).jpgcoin door2 (resized).jpgcoin door 3 (resized).jpgcoin door 3 (resized).jpg
#408 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LMAO - Dave you are actually a bit off... We are sending him his game 1 piece at a time with assembly instructions. He'll be first in line but we are just sending him a screw on that day. According to Gary Stern there are 3,000 parts in a pinball machine so this will take him out about 9 years. He's very handy being a contractor and all.

Joe, make sure you leave one crucial small piece out that will not allow him to ever complete the machine! Kind of like when you build that 3000 piece puzzle only to find one piece is missing.

I think the funny thing here is the fact that Rich (Richie, come on how old are we) made a huge ordeal about this game and was giving his machine up not too long ago. The pinball addiction is strong with this one, better get him to rehab!!!

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Joe, make sure you leave one crucial small piece out that will not allow him to ever complete the machine! Kind of like when you build that 3000 piece puzzle only to find one piece is missing.
I think the funny thing here is the fact that Rich (Richie, come on how old are we) made a huge ordeal about this game and was giving his machine up not too long ago. The pinball addiction is strong with this one, better get him to rehab!!!

He's no different than the rest of us... We are all nuts aren't we ? Wouldn't trade him for the world (ok maybe a cookies and cream ice cream, they're REALLY good)...

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'm thinking no start button... That'll piss him off...

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'm thinking no start button... That'll piss him off...

I would also recommend that you sign the apron as well. Make sure you use a different color marker and sign over all the other names!

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

CE-LE
Love the CE[quoted image]

I hate to say it, but I can't ignore the Warner Brothers Bugs Bunny style aesthetic of Gene Wilder here.

"That's snozzberries folks!!!".

Speaking of.......

https://www.foodbeast.com/news/ouch-our-childhood-roald-dahls-snozeberries-are-an-innuendo-for-dicks/

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I hate to say it, but I can't ignore the Warner Brothers Bugs Bunny style aesthetic of Gene Wilder here.
"That's snozzberries folks!!!".
Speaking of.......
https://www.foodbeast.com/news/ouch-our-childhood-roald-dahls-snozeberries-are-an-innuendo-for-dicks/

Can I unread that?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

not sure what he's still griping about...

Last year is over. Two games have come out since then.

LTG : )

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

When we were all young and looked at Playboy, Richie ooh'd and aah'd over this...
(I'm going to pay for this little ball busting episode with 5,000 text messages I'm sure)…[quoted image]

Just send him a powder coated toilet seat! Sadly I suspect he already has one....

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just send him a powder coated toilet seat! Sadly I suspect he already has one....

Vacuum-metalized chrome or gold.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

[quoted image]

yeah...yeah....I get it. Pick on Richie....but that freakin door needs to be done. Such a beautiful game and have that thing stick out like a sore thumb.

Call me nuts and crazy but I think most CE owners would agree.

and last is the 500 - just too high. Time will tell and I hope sell them all. But seems high for a CE model.

WHAT THE HECK.......I'm in.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

This'll keep him occupied for while...[quoted image]

I see...pick on me. I actually could make that...

#419 4 years ago

I hoped they would come up with a kick ass topper that teaches a lesson to every other topper, but it looks like JJPOTC CE will still hold that title (and probably for a while).

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Let me remind everyone I did eventually get Richie his powder coated coin door last year at Expo at the DI CE owner's dinner - and I had Jack and Pat Lawlor sign it for him - not sure what he's still griping about...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here it is ......See it is framed up on the wall where Willy will be going soon.....
20190824_172418 (resized).jpg20190824_172418 (resized).jpg

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Let me remind everyone I did eventually get Richie his powder coated coin door last year at Expo at the DI CE owner's dinner - and I had Jack and Pat Lawlor sign it for him - not sure what he's still griping about...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here it is today under the Richie Wrench VP Cabs Game - till Willy gets here

20191015_224431_resized (resized).jpg20191015_224431_resized (resized).jpg20191015_224443_resized (resized).jpg20191015_224443_resized (resized).jpg
#422 4 years ago

Okay -- Been working like 20 Plus hours days and finally got some sleep on Saturday Night but working crazy hours again to try and get caught up (never happens - which is a good thing), and I get on her and see like 99 New posts -- So like what the heck is going on?

So I see that they (JJP) showed it before the Expo, Which I think is smart - Get it out there and lets get those on the fence to place their orders as soon as possible and get that much closer to selling these 500 units (Yeah,,,,500). I only smile at that because it really is not a true limited game in my opinion @ 500. But I hope they do sell them all and that is good for pinball as well.

I do like it - It is nice and I am still in (just bought over $1,000 in mods - So I got no choice) - I think the game play is excellent and will only be better from the last time I played it and the art and details are very nice. Topper is not a wow factor - but it is nice - I like that they did the under cabinet lights and maybe some day

POWDER COAT THAT FREAKIN DOOR !!!!!!!

But, other than that - -Yes - Its a winner and JJP did good on this game.

I agree with some that future CE games should be lower in numbers - But time will tell with this one - Because if that do sell all 500 of these - You know dang sure that GNR or Toy Story is going to be the same number of units.

So with that said - I love it and look forward to hopefully seeing it at the Expo.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Here it is today under the Richie Wrench VP Cabs Game - till Willy gets here[quoted image][quoted image]

Richie please do the following worksheet and return to me.

9B578AA2-1F6B-449A-A7DD-76ED7639FC20 (resized).jpeg9B578AA2-1F6B-449A-A7DD-76ED7639FC20 (resized).jpeg
#424 4 years ago

I don't know.... I felt so disappointed with thr reveal. It just doesn't seem like a true CE compared to Pirates. I kept hanging in there but for that much money, I don't see the value in getting this particular model. With sadness, I requested my deposit today . Hopefully Jack realizes for him to sell 500 CE's, he's going to have to make it uniquely limited from the other models offered. Hopefully he does so with guns and roses.

#425 4 years ago

I guess there's a silver lining here - I should be able to get a CE for less than 12.5, so there's that.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't know.... I felt so disappointed with thr reveal. It just doesn't seem like a true CE compared to Pirates. I kept hanging in there but for that much money, I don't see the value in getting this particular model. With sadness, I requested my deposit today . Hopefully Jack realizes for him to sell 500 CE's, he's going to have to make it uniquely limited from the other models offered. Hopefully he does so with guns and roses.

Grab a le.. its a really beautiful and awesome pin...

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Hopefully Jack realizes for him to sell 500 CE's, he's going to have to make it uniquely limited from the other models offered. Hopefully he does so with guns and roses.

I have faith in Eric based on his jjPotC work. Pre-release, he got bashed so hard with discgate and chestgate, but it turned out to be one of the most amazing debut efforts in pinball EVER. It's PACKED with great ideas. Like I've said a few times, the last few pins (Wonka most of all) have shown that Lawlor is out of innovation gas. Eric has a tall hurdle to get over to beat his jjPotC effort, but jjGnR has the potential to be fantastic if he does it.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have faith in Eric based on his jjPotC work. Pre-release, he got bashed so hard with discgate and chestgate, but it turned out to be one of the most amazing debut efforts in pinball EVER. It's PACKED with great ideas. Like I've said a few times, the last few pins (Wonka most of all) have shown that Lawlor is out of innovation gas. Eric has a tall hurdle to get over to beat his jjPotC effort, but jjGnR has the potential to be fantastic if he does it.

Your opinion but i much prefer my wonka le over my potc le. I perfer the way wonka shoots and the rules more. Not to take anything away from potc as its amazingly awesome and has some neat stuff /toys but wonka is just more fun for the family and i... but those and dile are probably my favorite pins ever as of now.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Fair enough, how come no one talks about Dialed In CE? What extras did that end up having? Was it worth the CE tag?

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Your opinion but i much prefer my wonka le over my potc le. I perfer the way wonka shoots and the rules more. Not to take anything away from potc as its amazingly awesome and has some neat stuff /toys but wonka is just more fun for the family and i... but those and dile are probably my favorite pins ever as of now.

If those are your two favorite pins, sounds like you're a lawlor fan. Nothing wrong with that, he has a genius-level portfolio. I'm just tired of the same or very similar Lawlor over and over NOW. He's been doing some of the same things since the dawn of the 1990s - precisely because they WORK. But it just feels stale to me 30 years later to see the same recycled design elements or little tweaks. Give me crazy. Outlaw the italian bottom. mix it up. Make these designers work to make some truly new elements.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Grab a le.. its a really beautiful and awesome pin...

That's what I'm thinking of doing. But I got burnt on my Ghostbusters LE with ghosting in several inserts on my playfield. So when I see people having issues with the clearcoating, I'm very hesitant to purchase one at the moment. When I feel that they rectified the problem, I will be a buyer... Unless JJPGNR changes my mind

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been out of the loop for a while so I totally missed the boat on JJPPOTC. I feel like I need a good kick in the ass for not paying attention to what what's been going on cuz I would have been all over that CE. If he can put together anything like pirates with new innovation, rules and flow I'm all over it!

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I've been out of the loop for a while so I totally missed the boat on JJPPOTC. I feel like I need a good kick in the ass for not paying attention to what what's been going on cuz I would have been all over that CE. If he can put together anything like pirates with new innovation, rules and flow I'm all over it!

Keifer said last night on Flipnout strea to expect some surprise from JJP at expo!
Want to speculate?

#434 4 years ago

Am i remembering correctly that in twitch streams, JJP employees were telling us that the CE was delayed because they were waiting on final approval of playfield artwork assets by the license holder?

6 months to approve the same picture of Wonka in a circular outline, story doesn't check out.

I wonder what the real reason was.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Am i remembering correctly that in twitch streams, JJP employees were telling us that the CE was delayed because they were waiting on final approval of playfield artwork assets by the license holder?
6 months to approve the same picture of Wonka in a circular outline, story doesn't check out.
I wonder what the real reason was.

My "guess" here is it had to do with the topper and the signature plate... The original topper was so much better than what JJP ended up with (3D Wonkatania with motion). I think they finally got to a point where the Wonkatania topper was too expensive to produce or they had reliability issues or something along those lines.

Again, just guessing but based on what I'm now seeing in the CE package whats what first came to my mind. One has to wonder if the topper was neutered due to additional cost pressures from the playfield issues and JJP just ran out of coin...???

Jeff

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think they finally got to a point where they weren't getting Gene's signature

Considering he's been dead for more than 3 years, I'd tend to agree with you.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Also don't remember seeing a Wonkatania boat with motion ,that would be a great topper though

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Really? Face palm... LOL I somehow didn't know that...

Jeff

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Also don't remember seeing a Wonkatania boat with motion ,that would be a great topper though

It was part of the original package release... "3D Wonkatania lit topper"... From what rumors I had heard it was really cool... But... Nope...

JJP has had a really bad habit lately of over promising and under delivering...

Jeff

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It was part of the original package release... "3D Wonkatania lit topper"... From what rumors I had heard it was really cool... But... Nope...
Jeff

I guess I missed the early info release I guess JJP is trying to stay in business.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

I think JJP is trying their best, but they have a lot of issues controlling costs, and expectations...the Wonka CE topper is crap.....they should farm out topper development to CGC....

#442 4 years ago

Hey Guys look at what I got for my CE game...I finally got my a steak dinner with my distributor.

Now this comes with each CE game u buy. Jack took care of us on the Dialed In games.

But they forgot about us all on the POTC CE game...so Joe got me on the Willy CE #12

Makes the $12,500 well worth it.

20191017_180252 (resized).jpg20191017_180252 (resized).jpg
#443 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

omg That would be awesome

#444 4 years ago

Hey Guys look at what I got for my CE game...I finally got my a steak dinner with my distributor.
Now this comes with each CE game u buy. Jack took care of us on the Dialed In games.
But they forgot about us all on the POTC CE game...so Joe got me on the Willy CE #12
Makes the $12,500 well worth it.[quoted image]

I am done with asking for powder coating doors...just gives us all steak dinners with our distributors....That should help with the extra cost for these games.

#445 4 years ago

I played the CE game today at Expo...Thank Goodness JJP did not have #12 on display...I think it was #198...so if u have #198...your game is ready to be shipped after the Expo.

#446 4 years ago

I played the CE game today at Expo...Thank Goodness JJP did not have #12 on display...I think it was #198...so if u have #198...your game is ready to be shipped after the Expo.

So what were the new Julie callouts like? Does she replace dying grandpa entirely, or just add to?

#447 4 years ago

Hey I didn't know these came with steak dinners. I might have to reconsider...

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Hey I didn't know these came with steak dinners. I might have to reconsider...

He had to work on Joes plumbing to get the dinner. Kidding aside Joe is a stand up guy nice to see how he takes care of his client/friends even if they can be a pain in the toilet. Lol

#449 4 years ago

Can someone send some CE pics or videos from expo?

#450 4 years ago

JJP is seriously slacking with this topper.

Sterns BK Topper and MM topper just blew JJP out of the water. For $12,500 They seriously need to step up their game.

PS i just heard the new voice over and omg cringe. On a game with a already bad sound package that just made it worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/9?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.