wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So does the Wonka LE not come with the JJP standard shitty topper? All my other JJP pins had one....they should hire someone from CGC to make them a good topper....

You mean WOZ and POTC? I don't think TH or DI had em.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

You mean WOZ and POTC? I don't think TH or DI had em.

your right....was thinking of WOZ and POTC

#353 4 years ago

Guess jjPotC is still the high-water mark for JJP toppers. Boring topper on this.

Fingers crossed that Eric is pushing for a really cool interactive topper for jjGnR and not another PETG or Lucite screen print with color changing LEDs.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Guess jjPotC is still the high-water mark for JJP toppers. Boring topper on this.
Fingers crossed that Eric is pushing for a really cool interactive topper for jjGnR and not another PETG or Lucite screen print with color changing LEDs.

Agreed. While I think the CE looks nice and buyers will have a wonderful game I am now solidly content I downgraded of sorts to the LE. I do agree I think Eric really spoiled us with the POTC CE offering and actual limited supply. Be hard to top that one in my opinion.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. While I think the CE looks nice and buyers will have a wonderful game I am now solidly content I downgraded of sorts to the LE. I do agree I think Eric really spoiled us with the POTC CE offering and actual limited supply. Be hard to top that one in my opinion.

Yeah, it's a shame that cool, theme-integrated, interactive toppers (and no, I don't count color changes as interactivity) are becoming a rarity.

High water marks for toppers (no particular order):
AfmRLE - City with raging alien and saucers, fully interactive - FANTASTIC
jjPotCCE - ship in a bottle - Very cool
Game of Thrones - Castle with interactive dragon and lit, interactive house sigils - Excellent

And...that's about it. Runner-ups are mostly a sad lot: BM'66 doesn't DO much. Ghostbusters is wasted. Munsters is on theme, but too narrow in execution and essentially plastic standups with a clock. KISS - on-theme, but WHY? There's a lit KISS on the backglass IMMEDIATELY BELOW IT. Star Wars MAY be cool someday, but when it ever ships will anyone care? MBr - back to boring, static topper land - a big fall from AfMr.

And then you have the boring/crappy screen printed PETG which covers most of the rest of what is supposed to pass as a topper.

#356 4 years ago

Exclusive playfield artwork

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

#357 4 years ago

The CE needs to be a “real CE” in the future

Not 500. More like Potc numbers

I’m keeping Wonka because I don’t see them selling 500 CE’s at that price of any pinball machine

Jack can’t seem to help himself but that model isn’t going to work

Other than pure profit motive I don’t understand the rationale behind it, it ends up hurting them in the end because the “collector factor” will never be there at 500 and those prices

#358 4 years ago

Nevertheless, the Veruca Salt exclusive will be great, the autographs, topper ok, radcals, etc to me make it worth it as far as I’m concerned

And of course the sparkles! I’m looking forward to it

#359 4 years ago

The "Veruca Salt" call outs won't be as cool if her voice is an adult Veruca Salt, not the same voice she had as a child.

If it's the same voice that was used in the video, it'll be a let down.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's a shame that cool, theme-integrated, interactive toppers (and no, I don't count color changes as interactivity) are becoming a rarity.
High water marks for toppers (no particular order):
AfmRLE - City with raging alien and saucers, fully interactive - FANTASTIC
jjPotC - ship in a bottle - Very cool
Game of Thrones - Castle with interactive dragon and lit, interactive house sigils - Excellent
And...that's about it. Runner-ups are mostly a sad lot: BM'66 doesn't DO much. Ghostbusters is wasted. Munsters is on theme, but too narrow in execution and essentially plastic standups with a clock. KISS - on-theme, but WHY? There's a lit KISS on the backglass IMMEDIATELY BELOW IT. Star Wars MAY be cool someday, but when it ever ships will anyone care? MBr - back to boring, static topper land - a big fall from AfMr.
And then you have the boring/crappy screen printed PETG which covers most of the rest of what is supposed to pass as a topper.

AFMRLE is in a different league...MBRLE is really nice, but doesn't move....JJP WOZ, WW, and POTC toppers are crap....

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Unimpressed with features over and above an LE model and some of the color choices made. A glass Wonkania topper would have set the CE edition apart. Red powdercoat looks good with Wilder side art, but blue trim on LE's looks as good. Powder coating ramps is a nice touch but they don't look good in red and should have remained metallic. Meanwhile the coindoor would have looked better powdercoated in red to match the rest of hardware.
Pro delivers full features on a budget
LE offers great design choices and finishes
CE looks as nice as the LE

That $3,500 is all gravy for the boys in Lakewood.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

The "Veruca Salt" call outs won't be as cool if her voice is an adult Veruca Salt, not the same voice she had as a child.

So your argument is that JJP should have invented time travel?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't be Silly #zaphx! They need a fountain of youth duh! Time travel isn't real.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

No let down for me

But hey, that under cab lighting should seal the deal right?

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think the argument is that JJP may have been better off omitting a feature that may prove difficult to smoothly integrate into the game.

But as long as you guys are happy none of these criticisms matter. Enjoy your game.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Was her character a child or adult in the movie?

Is this pin based on the movie?

Should be self explanatory.

I have a deposit down on a CE so this isn't an attempt to justify buying an SE or LE.

#367 4 years ago

Pinside is never happy.

#368 4 years ago

Pinside never jumps to conclusions about the intent of a post.

#369 4 years ago

I can hear Veruca now ... a 50 year old, female alcoholic who slurs when she’s happy and who barks with a deep, gruff smokers voice. Welcome to Wonkaland, Iceman. Loud burp and then she passes out. One personalized callout per CE customer.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't be Silly #zaphx! They need a fountain of youth duh! Time travel isn't real.

Well, they did make a fountain of youth shot in POTC...

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside is never happy.

Yeah, people expect too much for their $12,500.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, people expect too much for their $12,500.

It's just disheartening that no matter what cool thing $pinball_mfr comes up with, Pinside always finds a way to shit on it.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I can hear Veruca now ... a 50 year old, female alcoholic who slurs when she’s happy and who barks with a deep, gruff smokers voice. Welcome to Wonkaland, Iceman. Loud burp and then she passes out. One personalized callout per CE customer.

I'm good with it. Whatever, i don't care if she sounds like a truck driver. LOL

#374 4 years ago

I think it all looks great and it's cool they worked with some actors on this. The topper isn't special, but the playfield and overall package is gorgeous. Wish I could get one. It's a fun game. Can't wait to see unboxings.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

and POTC toppers are crap....

I was talking about the jjPotC CE topper. It's one of the best.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside is never happy.

Wait, so you're unhappy with pinside being unhappy?

I knew you seemed at home here!

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so you're unhappy with pinside being unhappy?
I knew you seemed at home here!

Ha!

#378 4 years ago

CE-LE

Love the CE

BA4938A6-9720-4379-9A55-E050B939C787 (resized).jpegBA4938A6-9720-4379-9A55-E050B939C787 (resized).jpeg
#379 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

CE-LE
Love the CE[quoted image]

Not "exactly". The LE has the blue wire forms. That was a prototype as it has the "Big Points" on the gobstopper insert also. Good enough to compare the playfield artwork though.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

CE-LE

Thanks for this side by side, it definitely shows off the art differences.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Not "exactly". The LE has the blue wire forms. That was a prototype as it has the "Big Points" on the gobstopper insert also. Good enough to compare the playfield artwork though.

Yes sorry about that, I will look for a newer photo and correct it

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

CE-LE

The differences are too subtle aside from the blanket of red.

The LE should be, to borrow a phrase, "veery NICE!" but the CE should be "Wawaweewa.......High Five!"

#383 4 years ago

I think the LE and CE look fantastic. If i had the choose which playfield looks the best, its the CE version. Just like POTCCE.

#384 4 years ago

I dont mind the topper and I’m excited to hopefully get the CE before Thanksgiving. But it’s the signed autographs on a simple red plate that irks me. I wish they would include some kind of border around the red plate to make it look more presentable. Candy borders or something. Currently, it looks cheap and unattractive. It’s also covering part of the apron art. But this seems to be the finish product and doubt anything would change, unless someone will come up with a mod? Lol

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's just disheartening that no matter what cool thing $pinball_mfr comes up with, Pinside always finds a way to shit on it.

Hmm...your problem might be thinking of Pinside as a monolith. It doesn’t matter what the topic is, you’ll always have at least a dozen negative opinions, but that’s out of what...50,000+ users? Less than .03% of the base?

It’s not even statistically significant, much less big enough to consider it a majority or even dominant viewpoint!

Don’t fall in with the “Pinside sucks, but I won’t leave, but I don’t want to be lumped in with everyone so I’ll just insult it from the periphery to make myself feel better” crowd! They’re truly miserable.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I dont mind the topper and I’m excited to hopefully get the CE before Thanksgiving. But it’s the signed autographs on a simple red plate that irks me. I wish they would include some kind of border around the red plate to make it look more presentable. Candy borders or something. Currently, it looks cheap and unattractive. It’s also covering part of the apron art. But this seems to be the finish product and doubt anything would change, unless someone will come up with a mod? Lol

I would agree with this. Exactly what I thought.

#387 4 years ago

Updated Pic of the current LE PF

(Photo is VividPsychosis Market photo of his LE)

7A4B5C0B-C676-4070-8159-DD37B464CC7C (resized).jpeg7A4B5C0B-C676-4070-8159-DD37B464CC7C (resized).jpeg
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I don’t think it can be made to look good no matter what they do honestly

Would have had to have been incorporated into the apron itself like Stern is doing.

Too many signatures also. No offense to JJP but could have just stuck with 3 character autos

Might look better in person

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

(Photo is VividPsychosis Market photo of his LE)[quoted image]

Too many mods in the LE pic so doesn't do the CE justice. LOL

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

(Photo is VividPsychosis Market photo of his LE)[quoted image]

I love the CE play field....

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love the CE play field....

Do you love it 3000 times more....? Lol. It does look nice but that Really is a sizable price bump.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do you love it 3000 times more....? Lol. It does look nice but that Really is a sizable price bump.

I’m still stinging from not getting POTC CE so I’m doing it regardless.

If a game is a long term keepr, and Wonka is, I want the best one.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If a game is a long term keepr, and Wonka is, I want the best one.

And the way you and your wife enjoy them that upgrade is a no brainer seriously.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, I'm kinda kicking myself on that one, too. Even for the route, we should have brought in the jjPotC CE (so one day it would be mine, muhahaha...)

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not even close....for $3K they should have at least powder coated the coin door, and built a killer topper...

#396 4 years ago

Just got news from PinballStar Joe. Due to RichieRich’s previous insubordination and constant late banter unit #12 CE will be the #499th machine off the production line! I estimate he will get his game some time near Christmas 2032.

#397 4 years ago

I think everything looks great, not digging the signature plate is my only gripe. Can’t wait to get this.

#398 4 years ago

Beautiful pin... everyone that has been waiting will be super happy with this amazing game. I may even upgrade from my le down the road since Wonka is a long term keeper for the family and i.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just got news from PinballStar Joe. Due to RichieRich’s previous insubordination and constant late banter unit #12 CE will be the #499th machine off the production line! I estimate he will get his game some time near Christmas 2032.

LMAO - Dave you are actually a bit off... We are sending him his game 1 piece at a time with assembly instructions. He'll be first in line but we are just sending him a screw on that day. According to Gary Stern there are 3,000 parts in a pinball machine so this will take him out about 9 years. He's very handy being a contractor and all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 32.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/8?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.