wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Wow - Got to love this man....
Another break from my job
From what I have seen in the past 24 hours is a wave of people coming together and taking a stand. and lets get something straight here - I don't think anyone that has said that they were out on their CE games was completely out - Just that that they have withdrawn their orders till this is addressed and fixed by JJP. We all have a right to be concern, but not you Jeff - You have those blinders on and you are just waiting for that game to be revealed to hopefully show more than just glitter.
For me, I want the game to be great, I want the game to be over the top with features and something that make this CE model better than the last one. That is what I want from JJP, to be better on the next one. But to not take care of those that have been affected by chipping playfields or to come up with a half-ass solution to hopefully see that they will settle and go away.
I do agree with someone that posted on the other thread that I don't think that this is happening like wife spread - But it is happening and these games are just months old - They just need to take care of those customers. I wanted to make sure that I was correct and not just someone on somebody's else band wagon
But HEY, it should not matter to you because you games are perfect and you have no reason to believe that your CE will any issues. I acutually would agree with that on mine CE#12 - but to support someone that is not fully supporting others around us - Not my style.
But again, I do hope JJP makes it right. I have seen some posting where some have said that JJP is going to be making a statement. Lets hope they do - Because if they do not..... I am seeing a trend of customers going the other direction.
and by the way - Thanks again for the break away from my plumbing office duties.....Needed that break again. Now - I am going to go cook a pizza.

It’s not that I don’t agree that this issue is serious or that I don’t agree JJP isn’t doing the right thing, it’s that I don’t think this is this critical mass hysteria thing you and others seem to think it is. Are we not free to disagree and have differing opinions or is this just like twitter where people mob up on others because they don’t conform?

You’re absolutely free to do whatever you want naturally. I just disagree with your position.

Jeff

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

It’s not that I don’t agree that this issue is serious or that I don’t agree JJP isn’t doing the right thing, it’s that I don’t think this is this critical mass hysteria thing you and others seem to think it is. Are we not free to disagree and have differing opinions or is this just like twitter where people mob up on others because they don’t conform?
You’re absolutely free to do whatever you want naturally. I just disagree with your position.
Jeff

Agree - I give you that - Just my stance But I will say that it is more wide spread - Maybe not like wide - but enough that it has me worried that if it did happen to me that I would want some kind of assurance that it would get fixed the right way - That is my concern and from what I am seeing out there by those affected, It is not being handled the right way.

#203 4 years ago

Agree - I give you that - Just my stance But I will say that it is more wide spread - Maybe not like wide - but enough that it has me worried that if it did happen to me that I would want some kind of assurance that it would get fixed the right way - That is my concern and from what I am seeing out there by those affected, It is not being handled the right way.

Completely agree... I don’t think JJP has handled it well at all either. I worry about what I can control and since it hasn’t happened to me, I can’t say how JJP would handle it.

Jeff

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Completely agree... I don’t think JJP has handled it well at all either. I worry about what I can control and since it hasn’t happened to me, I can’t say how JJP would handle it.
Jeff

Well there is one thing we can agree on as well - Hope the playfield has more to offer than just sprinkles.

#205 4 years ago

Well there is one thing we can agree on as well - Hope the playfield has more to offer than just sprinkles.

Each playfield has a unique design formed by chipped artwork.

I feel like JJP needs to do a little better than fix the problem going forward. The offer to sell another playfield to someone with chipping issues is more concerning than anything. At these prices a fix shouldn't require any additional money. What's next? Are they going to start selling playfield warranties to customers to protect against their poor QC?

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Each playfield has a unique design formed by chipped artwork.
I feel like JJP needs to do a little better than fix the problem going forward. The offer to sell another playfield to someone with chipping issues is more concerning than anything. At these prices a fix shouldn't require any additional money. What's next? Are they going to start selling playfield warranties to customers to protect against their poor QC?

Agreed.

Jeff

#207 4 years ago

Doing a podcast tonight about 9ish with a gentleman name Kaneda. He will broadcast it in couple days....Going to talk about my collection, pinball and CE's

Cant hurt right?

Never done one of these before.....

#208 4 years ago

Doing a podcast tonight about 9ish with a gentleman name Kaneda. He will broadcast it in couple days....Going to talk about my collection, pinball and CE's
Cant hurt right?
Never done one of these before.....

Should be fun!

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Should be fun!

It was fun and just finished little bit ago - Talked about alot about my collection and Pinball in general - and the hopefully upcoming details on the Willy CE Model and my stand on the chipping issue - but yeah - It was very nice and fun.

Hope it helps.

#210 4 years ago

Not really 3 AM - But I was going to text Joe and let him know about the prodcast....That way he will appreciate me letting him know before it goes public.

Yeah .....

I think he would be okay with that.....

#211 4 years ago

Not really 3 AM - But I was going to text Joe and let him know about the prodcast....That way he will appreciate me letting him know before it goes public.
Yeah .....
I think he would be okay with that.....

Can't you just goose his shock collar remotely?

#212 4 years ago

Is it safe to assume that we'll hear nothing until Jack is back from his vacation? I mean what could possibly be taking so long here...???

Jeff

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Is it safe to assume that we'll hear nothing until Jack is back from his vacation? I mean what could possibly be taking so long here...???
Jeff

The spotty cell service is slowing things down

#214 4 years ago

Some dude pist me off on the the other thread for the Willy Wonka Thread. Got ejected for 24 hours - My first ejection.

Dang.....I thought I was CALM!!!!

#215 4 years ago

Wonder If I could sell these?????

20190901_191000_resized (1) (resized).jpg20190901_191000_resized (1) (resized).jpg
#216 4 years ago

Wonder If I could sell these?????[quoted image]

Isn't that arcade cabinet company out of business?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't that arcade cabinet company out of business?

LMAO -- WHY YES THEY ARE -- Never thought of it that way......

#218 4 years ago

LMAO -- WHY YES THEY ARE -- Never thought of it that way......

I love it...hope it still works

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love it...hope it still works

I think it does - Have to try it out sometime - If not I have someone that can fix it - But Have not used it for years and its too big to get out of my basement and over to my office - That is what I wanted to do -- So I said Heck with It (Not saying the other word, Because I do not want to be banned on this topic - I started it, That would be funny as heck if I was banned on this post) and just had it wrapped in place and it does look much better that what was on there.

So I guess - we are now in September and there has been nothing out there for us to see for those still in on the CE Games.

Again - I am out only because I want JJP to do the right thing for those that have been having serious issues on their games. I am hoping to talk to Jack soon and I just cant see JJP not at least give those that can prove and show defects to the playfield to at least give them a new playfield for their troubles. Lets give JJP a chance and see how things develop.

I hope I dont get banned for saying "Heck"

#220 4 years ago

Ritchie - I support that you have taken a a stand by voting with your wallet.

But I doubt you’ll hear more from Jack than his carefully crafted non statement statement the other day. I hope JJP is addressing the clear issues moving forward but don’t see what they can do for customers already affected without acknowledging the issue everyone can see for themselves which then results in a financial impact I suspect the investors have said they won’t cover.

#221 4 years ago

One thing has me puzzled about the pooling clearcoat issue. Some with pooling (soft clearcoat) have announced they could put their fingernail through the clearcoat. This indicates the clear is soft and that it did not cure. Further more it will never cure. Hardness is probably the easiest thing in the world to detect with a handheld meter. Check every playfield that comes in house and those that are too soft get rejected, regardless if they look ok and the soft issues might not happen so much on the JJP games. Hardness test would also indicate when a surface is too hard and prone to cracking. so why doesn't JJP use a hardness meter as common practice for detecting issues? If Spock were alive, he'd beam readings to the Enterprise and only bring back the good playfields.
spock.gifspock.gif

#222 4 years ago

I think it's a fair assumption to say that at this point, the assembly line at JJP has probably stopped for the time being while they assess issues with their play fields. I have no facts to back up my assertion, just a gut feeling and a guess.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I think it's a fair assumption to say that at this point, the assembly line at JJP has probably stopped for the time being while they assess issues with their play fields. I have no facts to back up my assertion, just a gut feeling and a guess.

I think there is a good chance of a pause and they are addressing the issue. I want to say that I am very happy to hear some people have contacted me directly and told me that they are getting there money refunded and JJP is addressing this issue. I know that there will be some that feel that more needs to b done, but this is a very hard business and I am just so happy to see that JJP is not just ignoring it and is addressing the issue.

Looking forward to the CE Edition reveal and see details on this game.

#224 4 years ago

Am I the only one who is starting to think the CE will never come to fruition? Funny, JJP said we'd know in a couple of weeks back in July... LOL

The complete radio silence on this is very confusing...

Jeff

#225 4 years ago

I'm losing interest in WWCF CE.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Am I the only one who is starting to think the CE will never come to fruition? Funny, JJP said we'd know in a couple of weeks back in July... LOL
The complete radio silence on this is very confusing...
Jeff

Not confusing at all. It's pretty hard to finish a product when your main ingredient (play field) is missing. No way JJP is going to release the CE until they know each and every play field used in them has perfect clear coat. I'm guessing that was NOT the case when they checked their inventory. I wonder how many of them were scrapped and sent back to the vendor. Probably quite a few.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#227 4 years ago

Not confusing at all. It's pretty hard to finish a product when your main ingredient (play field) is missing. No way JJP is going to release the CE until they know each and every play field used in them has perfect clear coat. I'm guessing that was NOT the case when they checked their inventory. I wonder how many of them were scrapped and sent back to the vendor. Probably quite a few.

That seems to be the ONLY plausible explanation, I just wish JJP would at least say as much... Then again, in doing so they'd have to publicly admit to a problem which opens an entirely new case of worms...

Jeff

#228 4 years ago

I understand wanting to wait on the clearcoat issues to ship. But could they not release some pictures of the "exclusive playfield artwork" and sideblades? Are they really still waiting on licensing approval?

#229 4 years ago

No doubt that this is the case. I commend them for putting on the breaks and addressing the problem.

#230 4 years ago

I was told by a little birdie that it looks great that it is coming soon for the details. That is all that I was told. That is looks amazing and the features would make all the CE owners proud and worth the wait.

#231 4 years ago

I was told by a little birdie that it looks great that it is coming soon for the details. That is all that I was told. That is looks amazing and the features would make all the CE owners proud and worth the wait.

Which begs the question...are you back in?

#232 4 years ago

The ce has video and audio in sync

#233 4 years ago

Give them time boys when it arrives you will want it . Especially you RichieWrench . I’m the same just waiting patiently

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which begs the question...are you back in?

You know - I am always a JJP fan - I believe in the man that started it all and I have become a fan of the crew and team that he has built around him to this day. I am a very busy person and there are times that I get away from this hobby, So for me it was shocking to hear about all these issues that I hearing on the the Willy Wonka playfield - So I follow up with some of those that I know and trust and found that this was not just something that just started in the last month or so for me - This was back on the POTC playfields and some other games as well with Stern and to also find out that how some customers were being treated and having to pay for something out of their pocket, I felt that was wrong. I feel that a populated playfield is the right way, But I am thinking maybe that will be on a case by case basis - I am still following and watching to see how things are developing.

I will say this - Since I was out on the Willy Wonka CE - I have had nothing but support by most and a few that did not support my decision and that is fine as well. I am not looking for fame or anything special (other than a powder coated coin door on future CE model). I took a stand and for me....its was for me and for those that were having to pay out of pocket for something that should have been FREE.

But, Like I was hoping JJP is trying to make this correct, I think Jack and JJP have come together and are hearing the complaints that are coming from all over and are addressing the main issue on the playfield and from what I have been told - The problem has been found and fixed. The question for me is how many were done and are damage out there and I am sure that JJP and Stern are busy in trying to take care of those customers that have been affected.

I hear from some people that JJP has not be responsive and hard to get in touch with on this subject. When I jumped out, I contacted JJP (the company) and I did voice my concerns and I was told that that are aware and that a statement would be made soon. Since then I hear that Jack is on the phone everyday addressing those that have been affected. I have always been able to get in touch with JJP as a company and if I need to talk to Jack - I know I can reached him by email or by his cell and he is very fast to get back in touch with me. I truly feels that he treats EVERYONE that way - Jack is approachable and he takes time to talk to me and he lets me voice my opinion. I truly have a passion for this hobby and Jack respects that about me and even though I have been hard on JJP (and other companies) before - He knows that It is my passion for the games and to make them as best as possible.

I am fine with what JJP is doing on reaching out to those that have been effected. I think they are still addressing this issue and in the end, I am positive that JJP will not run away from this issue and will be doing their best to take care of those that have be affected by this issue.

I have not seen the details and Jack will not even show me the details, but I know they are coming and I have been promised that we will be impressed.

So am I back in - YES I am - I have asked Joe for the #12 back - and I am going to be in touch with Matt @ BackAlley to get my door done and I am going to be in touch with those great companies out there to get the great mods that have already been done for this game.

Part of me feels bad to have jumped out, But I know enough now that say that I feel JJP is going to make it right to those on a case by case basis for those that make up a repair ticket. They will make it right - Give them a chance, This is going to take time.

I believe in JJP and if I did not ....I would not be back in on the CE model.

20190412_105744_resized (resized).jpg20190412_105744_resized (resized).jpg20190412_105754_resized (resized).jpg20190412_105754_resized (resized).jpg
#235 4 years ago

You know - I am always a JJP fan - I believe in the man that started it all and I have become a fan of the crew and team that he has built around him to this day. I am a very busy person and there are times that I get away from this hobby, So for me it was shocking to hear about all these issues that I hearing on the the Willy Wonka playfield - So I follow up with some of those that I know and trust and found that this was not just something that just started in the last month or so for me - This was back on the POTC playfields and some other games as well with Stern and to also find out that how some customers were being treated and having to pay for something out of their pocket, I felt that was wrong. I feel that a populated playfield is the right way, But I am thinking maybe that will be on a case by case basis - I am still following and watching to see how things are developing.
I will say this - Since I was out on the Willy Wonka CE - I have had nothing but support by most and a few that did not support my decision and that is fine as well. I am not looking for fame or anything special (other than a powder coated coin door on future CE model). I took a stand and for me....its was for me and for those that were having to pay out of pocket for something that should have been FREE.
But, Like I was hoping JJP is trying to make this correct, I think Jack and JJP have come together and are hearing the complaints that are coming from all over and are addressing the main issue on the playfield and from what I have been told - The problem has been found and fixed. The question for me is how many were done and are damage out there and I am sure that JJP and Stern are busy in trying to take care of those customers that have been affected.
I hear from some people that JJP has not be responsive and hard to get in touch with on this subject. When I jumped out, I contacted JJP (the company) and I did voice my concerns and I was told that that are aware and that a statement would be made soon. Since then I hear that Jack is on the phone everyday addressing those that have been affected. I have always been able to get in touch with JJP as a company and if I need to talk to Jack - I know I can reached him by email or by his cell and he is very fast to get back in touch with me. I truly feels that he treats EVERYONE that way - Jack is approachable and he takes time to talk to me and he lets me voice my opinion. I truly have a passion for this hobby and Jack respects that about me and even though I have been hard on JJP (and other companies) before - He knows that It is my passion for the games and to make them as best as possible.
I am fine with what JJP is doing on reaching out to those that have been effected. I think they are still addressing this issue and in the end, I am positive that JJP will not run away from this issue and will be doing their best to take care of those that have be affected by the chipping play fields.
I have not seen the details and Jack will not even show me the details, but I know they are coming and I have been promised that we will be impressed.
So am I back in - YES I am - I have asked Joe for the #12 back - and I am going to be in touch with Matt @ BackAlley to get my door done and I am going to be in touch with those great companies out there to get the great mods that have already been done for this game.
Part of me feels bad to have jumped out, But I know enough now that say that I feel JJP is going to make it right to those on a case by case basis for those that make up a repair ticket. They will make it right - Give them a chance, This is going to take time.
I believe in JJP and if I did not ....I would not be back in on the CE model.[quoted image][quoted image]

#236 4 years ago

Spent four hours playing a Wonka and decided this is the best playfield Pat has designed. All shots felt smooth as butter and the ball flowed nicely. LE model sparkles like a high end game should and the screen, lighting and callouts did a good job explaining what to do.

I became intrigued (obsessed) with the Wonkavator and was able to lock ten balls and start mb three times. Twice I started empty and locked three balls in a single game, so that is possible. The Wonkavator became a focus of my time and strategy and I cannot see being happy with a standard model. Nothing beats seeing your pinballs in a physical ball lock. Curious to see an CE, but so far the LE is a likely future purchase. With Ritchie back in on CE#12, I feel the world is spinning on it’s axis once more.

#237 4 years ago

I already took game 12 CE so thanks

#238 4 years ago

I am fine with what JJP is doing on reaching out to those that have been effected. I think they are still addressing this issue and in the end, I am positive that JJP will not run away from this issue and will be doing their best to take care of those that have be affected by this issue.
I believe in JJP and if I did not ....I would not be back in on the CE model.[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s shocking that your spot was still available.
Nobody swooped in to pick that baby up for only $12,500 after you bailed?

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have a feeling his distributor anticipated his return and just held it for him.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a feeling his distributor anticipated his return and just held it for him.

And in this climate, I doubt there is very much demand.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I tell you, I was very, very close to buying a NIB POTCLE but it just didn't work out at the time, and then when they became scarce I kind of regretted it, but now with all the reported problems I really feel lucky. I'd love to own a JJP someday, but they're really going to have to prove their QC before that happens. At this point I feel like they need to go so far as to prevent dimpling before I'd buy NIB.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I tell you, I was very, very close to buying a NIB POTCLE but it just didn't work out at the time, and then when they became scarce I kind of regretted it, but now with all the reported problems I really feel lucky. I'd love to own a JJP someday, but they're really going to have to prove their QC before that happens. At this point I feel like they need to go so far as to prevent dimpling before I'd buy NIB.

That's to bad as your missing out on some amazing pins. I've owned them all except wonka( which were driving to get now) and have had no major issues .

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No...their we maybe some attempts but Joe held the number because he felt that I would be back and would be happy with what was going on with JJP....sti more.to come down the line but JJP will make those announcements and.contact hose with claims

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Spent four hours playing a Wonka and decided this is the best playfield Pat has designed. All shots felt smooth as butter and the ball flowed nicely. LE model sparkles like a high end game should and the screen, lighting and callouts did a good job explaining what to do.
I became intrigued (obsessed) with the Wonkavator and was able to lock ten balls and start mb three times. Twice I started empty and locked three balls in a single game, so that is possible. The Wonkavator became a focus of my time and strategy and I cannot see being happy with a standard model. Nothing beats seeing your pinballs in a physical ball lock. Curious to see an CE, but so far the LE is a likely future purchase. With Ritchie back in on CE#12, I feel the world is spinning on it’s axis once more.

I am already contacting those and buying mods tonight and getting things ready for my annual.wvent at.iut office but I know the CE will not be.done by then and that is okay.

#245 4 years ago

No...their we maybe some attempts but Joe held the number because he felt that I would be back and would be happy with what was going on with JJP....sti more.to come down the line but JJP will make those announcements and.contact hose with claims

I knew you would get back in and didn’t want to create any drama.
Woz 12
TH 12

#246 4 years ago

Well...S$!%....Watching what Insay because Indont want to be banned again.

But anyway...

IT BETTER BE GOOD.......LMAO.

I am buying all kids of mods this weekend and I want them all here before the game arrives so I can install them all right away. Some pretty cool mods out there already for this game. Going to order my mirror blades for this as well tonight.

So yep...Come on JJP u got to tell us something soon....PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE....

That's it I am group texting Joe and Jack 3 AM tonigjt for an update on when we will all find out.

Now...I am pretty sure that it was held up a bit because the latest events...but you got to agree with me...

THEY GOT TO SHOW SOMETHING BEFORE THE EXPO....RIGHT?????

#247 4 years ago

Going to order my mirror blades for this as well tonight.

According to a post by Pingraffix, some side blades will be on the CE, but they probably aren't mirror blades.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

According to a post by Pingraffix, some side blades will be on the CE, but they probably aren't mirror blades.

Yeah......Injust like the mirror blades.

But would that but some shit......Just sayin...think about it....If they put side art on the game....okay cool...Inget it...whatever to make it unique.....

But to not pwder.coat the doors or shooter housing and bolts, etc...I mean.....come on....

But hey...its progress....we will have to see.

Bit maybe they will powder coat the doors and all...that could be the reason on the delay...Maybe...I mean I can dream ...CAN I NOT????

#249 4 years ago

I am going to watch the movie tonight to get me back in the mood.....

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Well....there are a few that I know that would snag it up...bit I get it and understand.

Just got to Love JOE ...he looks out for me but he wanted be to go thru this on my own and supported my decision either way with no hard feelings.

I just feel JJP will get thru this and are taking the right steps and I know they are working hard on this as a company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/5?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.