3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by rrosenhouse
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RitchieWrench (resized).JPG
692EDF54-9BE9-43C5-852A-5BA7EA6F3549 (resized).jpeg
Tom-and-jerry-willy-wonka-movie-poster.png
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
3D71F1A4-6C16-4EFD-BA0C-C2AF55B6E685 (resized).jpeg
8CEC508A-7584-41C7-A587-3F1F096B54C7 (resized).jpeg
20190412_205036 (resized).jpg
20190412_202412 (resized).jpg
20190412_193152 (resized).jpg
20190412_192452 (resized).jpg
20190412_190557 (resized).jpg
20190412_190044 (resized).jpg
20190412_105744 (resized).jpg
20190412_105754 (resized).jpg
3A7C91B3-A4C6-452E-BC5D-89193E751008 (resized).jpeg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 40 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats sadly what JJP implied when asked what would be different. I'm sure it will look great just don't think it will be a completely different art package like POTC. All are great games but I had to slide back to the LE as I feel it was to hard to justify the CE on this one.

Sad. Such a captive audience.

#102 40 days ago

I heard JJP is taking the WW CE artwork to a whole new level...

J/K

Tom-and-jerry-willy-wonka-movie-poster.png
1 week later
#103 28 days ago

I sent part of the below message to a fellow pinsider and wanted to expand on it on this post.....

BUT NOTHING NEW ON THE CE MODEL - I am really worried about JJP on the CE Model - Kind of wondering why the 500 -- Not saying that will not sell - but I have to be honest -- This game is not on the same level as POTC CE -- Its got some good shots and is a fun game - and pinball to me is all about fun. And to tell you the truth for me -- I am not a bashing any of JJP games - I think that they are ALL GREAT & TONS OF FUN.

But I really am worried about the CE Model - Its suppose to be the best of the best and when they did DICE - I was the one that found alot of the items that were well not good quality control with the part numbers on the the art that should have been removed before they were printed to the very cheap topper and such. But it was JJP first origianl theme and it was Pat's game - and I was not going to have the first CE model and I was in hopes that the next one would be much better and that they would learn from this one. Then comes along with POTC CE - Nailed IT -- Different Playfield Art / Topper was great (if though it makes a weird noise, lol) and plus much more. Could not be happier - Had a great number (i think it was 200) that would keep the CE Model in demand, I knew this one was going to be a good one and if you did not get in for one -- then you regret it later. So for me the POTC CE was AWESOME -- So I had great hopes for the reveal and to not have the full CE Model and then they say the playfield will just have some sparkles that sets it apart from the other models --- I was little deflated, but was hopeful that things would change like they have done with games like Hobbit and POTC - So hopeful that the CE Model will still have time to be much better than what was shown......SO........

I AM WORRIED ....

BUT......I know it is not done and we can always change our minds and go for a LE model or just have our deposits go towards to another game - BUT I REALLY WANT THIS GAME TO PROGRESS AND BE BETTER THAN THE POTC CE OR ON THE SAME LEVEL -- DONT TAKE STEPS BACK - REMEMBER ITS 12,500.00 -- TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND GIVE THOSE COLLECTORS WHAT THEY WANT - A Collector's Model that is a step above the rest

I am just saying -- Little bit worried - But maybe that is the reason why we have not seen anything yet.

And just for the record -- I did not say anything about a powder coating of the door above... So that does say alot, I have toned it down.....A BIT.

#104 28 days ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I heard JJP is taking the WW CE artwork to a whole new level...
J/K[quoted image]

OKAY -- OKAY -- THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!!!

Should be Richie Wrench in there instead of Tom.....

#105 28 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is there a comparison chart somewhere (I can't find a similar one to POTC or WOZ now but I am sure I saw it). I am wondering if much of the playfield/toys/plastics will be different on the CE. I played Wonka Friday at NWPAS and was a bit underwhelmed by the build quality or more like the use of graphiced plastics in place of actual moulded pieces. There is a plastic "box" over the left side ramp near the lanes that I can't figure out what it is but it's a plastic nightmare. The gobstopper shot looks stupidly basic (a metal plate with a big blue rubber bumper on it?). I just feel like they sort of shit the bed when it comes to really getting the JJP moneys worth kind of value.
Also, is it just me or is the top right flipper hard as heck to see? My wife and I had to crane our necks each time the ball went up there to try and see the flipper hitting the ball.

The problem is it had to follow jjPotC, which made it look especially boring and unimaginative. Not making the CE extra-special for the crazy money is a sin.

#106 27 days ago

I ordered a CE and switched to an LE yesterday. I just don’t see the value in spending an extra $3,500. Does anyone know if the LE has a real backglass? Funny how that could make me think about spending more for that. I suppose another question is - has anyone sold a CE before? Did you make or loose money on the sale? I own two CEs and I definitely don’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that I spent $25,000 on two pinball machines. I actually feel pretty dumb to be honest. Kaneda might be to blame for making a great argument about cost vs. features. I am starting to look at all of my games as dead assets. I’m not looking to loose money on trading them, so I’ll keep them. If JJP blew me away with extra features with a CE it would be a no brainer, but putting some flashy paint and artwork on a game that has all of the features as the next level down, just doesn’t cut it anymore. Same with Stern. Honestly by far the best value out there right now in my opinion has to be American Pinball. I’ll continue to be a buyer of JJP because I love the brand. I wish they would start to do the same thing that stern is doing in offering accessories, clothing, etc. I know Jack listens and has done an excellent job at adapting to the market. He is an excellent brand ambassador and there is loyalty built in there to him in my decision to continue purchasing games from JJP.

#107 27 days ago
Quoted from adborto:

Honestly by far the best value out there right now in my opinion has to be American Pinball.

Losing 20-25% of its value in a year is not a great value. Houdinis routinely sell for $5,000-ish nowadays. Value is not just purchase price but resale value, too. AP is not the best value in pinball overall.

#108 27 days ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I sent part of the below message to a fellow pinsider and wanted to expand on it on this post.....
BUT NOTHING ON THE CE MODEL - I am really worried about JJP on the CE Model - Kind of wondering why the 500 -- Not saying that will not sell - but I have to be honest -- This game is not on the same level as POTC CE -- Its got some good shots and is a fun game - and pinball to me is all about fun. And to tell you the truth for me -- I am not a bashing any of JJP games - I think that they are ALL GREAT & TONS OF FUN.
But I really am worried about the CE Model - Its suppose to be the best of the best and when they did DICE - I was the one that found alot of the items that were well not good quality control with the part numbers on the the art that should have been removed before they were printed to the very cheap topper and such. But it was JJP first origianl theme and it was Pat's game - and I was not going to have the first CE model and I was in hopes that the next one would be much better and that they would learn from this one. Then comes along with POTC CE - Nailed IT -- Different Playfield Art / Topper was great (if though it makes a weird noise, lol) and plus much more. Could not be happier - Had a great number (i think it was 200) that would keep the CE Model in demand, I knew this one was going to be a good one and if you did not get in for one -- then you regret it later. So for me the POTC CE was AWESOME -- So I had great hopes for the reveal and to not have the full CE Model and then they say the playfield will just have some sparkles that sets it apart from the other models --- I was little deflated, but was hopeful that things would change like they have done with games like Hobbit and POTC - So hopeful that the CE Model will still have time to be much better than what was shown......SO........
I AM WORRIED ....
BUT......I know it is not done and we can always change our minds and go for a LE model or just have our deposits go towards to another game - BUT I REALLY WANT THIS GAME TO PROGRESS AND BE BETTER THAN THE POTC CE OR ON THE SAME LEVEL -- DONT TAKE STEPS BACK - REMEMBER ITS 12,500.00 -- TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND GIVE THOSE COLLECTORS WHAT THEY WANT - A Collector's Model that is a step above the rest
I am just saying -- Little bit worried - But maybe that is the reason why we have not seen anything yet.
And just for the record -- I did not say anything about a powder coating of the door above... So that does say alot, I have toned it down.....A BIT.

692EDF54-9BE9-43C5-852A-5BA7EA6F3549 (resized).jpeg
#109 27 days ago

I originally ordered a CE after hearing the early reviews. After the release and hearing that there was going to be 500 being made, I cancelled.
They still haven’t revealed the CE pf or topper. I realized it’s completely ridiculous to lay out this much dough on a machine I haven’t even seen.
Besides, the CE’s are being done last, so you’ll be lucky if you see this pin by TPF 2020. A used LE is the smarter buy at the moment.

#110 27 days ago

I will say this much....I do remember alotnof people dropping their POTC CE as well this early in the game and they are regretting now to this day for some of those that did cancel.

But yes...500 is high. I could see 250...but if they sell all 500, that is great and I am happy for JJP.

I think I will have Richie Wrench at the Chicago Expo this year because Joe wants a pic of him kicking Richie in nuts. a

#111 27 days ago

The CEs are not last in line. The build model for wonka CE is the same as DI and potc. After some LE and more standards are made, all will stop and ONLY CE models will be built up to a certain number probably determined by how many have been ordered by that point with a max of 500 total, then back to SE and LEs again. I predict CEs will be on the line long long before the weather turns cold this year.

#112 27 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The CEs are not last in line. The build model for wonka CE is the same as DI and potc. After some LE and more standards are made, all will stop and ONLY CE models will be built up to a certain number probably determined by how many have been ordered by that point with a max of 500 total, then back to SE and LEs again. I predict CEs will be on the line long long before the weather turns cold this year.

But no special art package like jjPotC is a downer.

#113 27 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

But no special art package like jjPotC is a downer.

Okay. I was just responding to the CEs are last - TPF 2020 assertion. CEs will be built long before that date.

#114 27 days ago

Okay. I was just responding to the CEs are last - TPF 2020 assertion. CEs will be built long before that date.

I really do hope you’re correct. I’m just being a realist at this point and the fact that we still have yet to see the playfield and topper makes me wonder.
I own every JJP game and have waited each time for every title, so if this CE arrives before the winter, that’s great, but not likely.

#115 27 days ago
Quoted from billyboy:

I really do hope you’re correct.

I'm betting he is.

LTG : )

#116 26 days ago

Okay so when is JJP going to actually reveal the full CE version? So far we're still on the same line we were on at "launch" which is the "More Surprises!" line that hasn't changed... The longer this goes the more inclined I am to either back out entirely or drop down to an LE...

Jeff

#117 26 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Losing 20-25% of its value in a year is not a great value. Houdinis routinely sell for $5,000-ish nowadays. Value is not just purchase price but resale value, too. AP is not the best value in pinball overall.

Maybe but its their first game and was too tight for some people. Quality and deep game play is how I value a pin because I hold on to them for awhile. Don't forget its the same guy who did WOZ and took what he learned from JJP.

#118 26 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Maybe but its their first game and was too tight for some people. Quality and deep game play is how I value a pin because I hold on to them for awhile. Don't forget its the same guy who did WOZ and took what he learned from JJP.

What the market values and what you personally value is a totally different conversation. The market does not view AP as a good value as evidenced by the relatively severe depreciation.

#119 25 days ago

I'm keeping my CE spot until I play more developed code and see the final artwork/topper package
But at this point 94.6% sure I am not sticking with the CE and 63.5% thinking I may drop out all together.

#120 25 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I'm keeping my CE spot until I play more developed code

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

#121 24 days ago

HEY I GOT MAFIA -- One of the only two in the USA and Joe has the other one .

SO -- I need to start up a Club for just Joe and I and those calls will have to be at 2 Am or 4 AM - Still not too sure on that decision

Great deal from a great guy and to be in the same club as Joe and us two with the other ones - Really cool. Game will be at my office and will be able to be play at the next Richie Wrench Pinball Expo this year- That is always the weekend before the Chicago Expo.

But I am hoping that the reason that we have not see the art package for WWCE is that maybe they are redoing it or are going to make it different and not just some sparkles on playfield.

#122 24 days ago

HEY I GOT MAFIA -- One of the only two in the USA and Joe has the other one .
SO -- I need to start up a Club for just Joe and I and those calls will have to be at 2 Am or 4 AM - Still not too sure on that decision
Great deal from a great guy and to be in the same club as Joe and us two with the other ones - Really cool. Game will be at my office and will be able to be play at the next Richie Wrench Pinball Expo this year- That is always the weekend before the Chicago Expo.
But I am hoping that the reason that we have not see the art package for WWCE is that maybe they are redoing it or are going to make it different and not just some sparkles on playfield.

Good luck with Mafia. There is a reason only Joe owns one, they can't sell them! lol Sorry game Really did not impress me at any price especially the decal playfield umphh. Wonka is coming and I am certain many pictures will flood the airwaves soon. Really hoping to make it to your open house to see your amazing collection.

#123 23 days ago

Sorry, Mafia had to be the worst game at pinfest
Maybe it plays better at home, but I couldn't compell myself to finish a game

#124 22 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Good luck with Mafia. There is a reason only Joe owns one, they can't sell them! lol Sorry game Really did not impress me at any price especially the decal playfield umphh. Wonka is coming and I am certain many pictures will flood the airwaves soon. Really hoping to make it to your open house to see your amazing collection.

So -- Your saying that I wont sell this game at $50,000.00 in the next few years?????

WTF -- JOE!!!!!!!!

THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE MY SEED MONEY FOR THE NEXT 4 JJP CE MODELS GAMES

Well - I know one thing I am going to see about getting this game powder coated - That should help the value.

Enough about Mafia -- What is going on with Willy Wonka?

Does anyone think that JJP is going to redo the playfield for us CE Owners and make it different like they did on POTC.

Just curious - Really hoping that JJP comes thru on this game - I really am very nervous on this CE Model - I am hoping that they do not take steps backs for us CE Owners.

#125 18 days ago

HMMMM.....Its 1:00 AM

Why not much on this Model -- Is anyone else nervous on this CE model as I am. I love JJP -- Just kind of curious on the final version. I am assuming that it should be coming soon.

But, I will just get back to buying mods to help get my mind off of this subject.

#126 18 days ago

Joe - Are you up????

Oh yeah - I need to text him....

Nahhhh....I give it about another hour or so.....

#127 17 days ago

I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting here but I'm getting a little concerned about the complete lack of any information from JJP regarding the CE Wonka... I feel like they think because they shipped the SE that it buys them time before they need to get serious about the CE but... I know I'm not the only one here seriously reconsidering and the lack of information isn't helping...

Jeff

#128 17 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting here but I'm getting a little concerned about the complete lack of any information from JJP regarding the CE Wonka... I feel like they think because they shipped the SE that it buys them time before they need to get serious about the CE but... I know I'm not the only one here seriously reconsidering and the lack of information isn't helping...
Jeff

Sadly, we can't expect an open, early dialog anymore. We stomped on that.
Pinsiders punished JJP on POTC for sharing ideas prior to things being fully vetted.
Things must be carved in stone before they'll share. It sucks.

#129 17 days ago

Joe - Are you up????

Oh yeah - I need to text him....

Hey Joe. It's official. I can text you now too.

RitchieWrench (resized).JPG
#130 17 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Sadly, we can't expect an open, early dialog anymore. We stomped on that.
Pinsiders punished JJP on POTC for sharing ideas prior to things being fully vetted.
Things must be carved in stone before they'll share. It sucks.

Appreciate the note, I hope you're wrong but I suspect you're probably not...

Thanks,
Jeff

#131 17 days ago

If they don't want to share anything, they should expect CE pre-orders to plummet on future games.

#132 17 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Care to share?

#133 17 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey Joe. It's official. I can text you now too.
LTG : )[quoted image]

WHAT THE HECK.....You got him in a neck brace already?????

#134 17 days ago

WHAT THE HECK.....You got him in a neck brace already?????

Love it

I need to get with the others that asked for one as well- I am placing my order for more and working with Bobbleheads on my order.

#135 13 days ago

Posted in the other thread but last night Jack G said LEs are on the line during the Special When Lit/FlipnOut twitch stream. Can only mean CEs will be soon!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/447007821

#136 8 days ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Posted in the other thread but last night Jack G said LEs are on the line during the Special When Lit/FlipnOut twitch stream. Can only mean CEs will be soon!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/447007821

I don't know, Getting a little nervous here,,,,,,,

JOE!!!!!!!!! Is the sky falling yet??

Do not get me wrong - I love JJP games - But I am just a BIT nervous on the CE model - Just does not make sense to me to not show this ahead of time with it being so close to the CE's going on the line next.

But I love everyone at JJP and JOE -- No matter what - Its a great company and we can not always get what we want, But maybe they are taking the time because the final touches are not done yet and that is why they are not showing us because it is not 100% complete yet.

But -- I am a bit nervous.

#137 8 days ago

But maybe they are taking the time because the final touches are not done yet and that is why they are not showing us because it is not 100% complete yet.

No idea where they are on the final touches.

What ever they are up to, don't forget the approval process adds to the time involved. Especially if anything has to be changed.

Call Joe or Text him, his job to reassure you. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

#138 7 days ago

No news is good news maybe they just want to surprise ce buyers

#139 4 days ago

No details yet? Man, the suspense is terrible.

#140 4 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

No details yet? Man, the suspense is terrible.

...I hope it will last

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside