wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.
#51 5 years ago

Almost complete...Coming in Summer of 2019

20190412_205036 (resized).jpg20190412_205036 (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago

$12,500?! That’s insane

#53 5 years ago

Does the CE topper move?

#54 5 years ago

This thread is not going to get much action because the CE is not done and there is no final pics. So with that said I guess i will leave the pic of Joe trying to give me CPR on the front.

The one thing that I will say is this....JJP is the best out there right now in regards to quality of their games. Remember now this is only Game #5. From when Jack could not even start up with out those and I was one of them to pay for the WOZ up front and take a leap of faith that they were going to produce a great game. The game had some issues and they made it better so the later models were better than the earlier ones...but they learned and made them better.

I am in....I love JJP....the best there is out there right now. Shit....I would even ask for a job if I was not doing so well as a plumber. I mean to be surrounded by a company with that much talent and staff and the passion they put into these games.....I truly would LOVE to work for JJP. Maybe in the coin door department.

So the bottom line is this.....I have not seen the final CE Model...I have not seen the difference in the playfield art....I have not see the Topper...and there is more that we have not seen.

But I am in for CE #12 - I am taking a leap of faith and I KNOW THEY WILL DELIVER A GREAT CE GAME AGAIN.

#55 5 years ago

i don't know RichieWrench
I ate the hype for this game, put a deposit down on a CE, and now I am questioning it.
I agree JJP gives you more things for the same money than stern, but that reveal was a huge let down. They should of waited another month to get it more polished. I was expecting ground breaking, and did not see it. I can't believe I am saying this, maybe it's too early and I need more coffee, but right now I am thinking DI over Wonka. From what I saw in the stream, nothing wowed me. Use of video, which is awesome on every other jjp was a let down, so was music and call outs. Didn't see any ground breaking mechs on the playfield. When I saw poc with the rocking ship and shooting cannon balls at the other ship, that was a wow factor. WOZ with the 2 upper playfields, the trees, the spinning house, the witch... That was wow. What am I supposed to look at on this machine that wows me, the hole in the pf multiball?

I really really want to like this game, I hope when I play it I am wowed.
$12,500 is way to much to take a leap of faith. Plenty of time to see if this is worth it before I pay in full as they are producing the standards and le's first.

#56 5 years ago

I think the game looks great. I’ll eventually pickup a LE

#57 5 years ago

Agree with bmore. I had a deposit on a ce thinking it may have some WOW feature over the other models. I don't see it. I have yet to see where any of the CE models are worth the extra loot.

#58 5 years ago

Pintastic New England is now offering its own CE package for the chocolate-drenched Willy Wonka fan who wants an exclusive Pintastic/JJP/Willy Wonka poster and better access to the "Wonka kid" celebrities who will be there autographing! Go to https://pintasticnewengland.com/passes/ to choose your show admission, click the Buy Passes button, and check the CE packages listed as Add-on Activities. We expect to have several production-model Willy Wonka pinball machines and some people from the JJP factory. JJP game designer Eric Meunier is on the seminar program. We are getting some Pintastic/JJP/Willy Wonka glasses for our well-liked line of glassware, too.
.................David Marston

#59 5 years ago

Do we have any idea when the CE playfield art will be revealed?

#60 5 years ago

I have a CE deposit as well and I’m kinda annoyed with the increase to 500 units. Wasn’t blown away by any means. Probably end up with an LE.

#61 5 years ago

What’s the significance of the number 12? What if Tom Brady called up Jersey Jack and wanted the number 12? What if he paid double or triple the price just to have it?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What’s the significance of the number 12? What if Tom Brady called up Jersey Jack and wanted the number 12? What if he paid double or triple the price just to have it?

Ya come to think of it my man Aaron Rodgers is #12 as well, I might have to get in on the bidding. What is Joe's after hours # so I can reach out to him at obscure times.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have a CE deposit as well and I’m kinda annoyed with the increase to 500 units. Wasn’t blown away by any means. Probably end up with an LE.

Why? - who really cares if they make 500 or 1,000 of them
If you have one in your home and enjoy it - what's the difference how many others have the same one?
I just don't really understand the collector mentality - these are toys: buy what you like, play the hell out of it and sell it when it bores you.
If you can't absorb these machines losing a percentage of their value, then you may be spending too much

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

From what I saw in the stream, nothing wowed me. Use of video, which is awesome on every other jjp was a let down, so was music and call outs. Didn't see any ground breaking mechs on the playfield. When I saw poc with the rocking ship and shooting cannon balls at the other ship, that was a wow factor. WOZ with the 2 upper playfields, the trees, the spinning house, the witch... That was wow. What am I supposed to look at on this machine that wows me, the hole in the pf multiball?
I really really want to like this game, I hope when I play it I am wowed.
$12,500 is way to much to take a leap of faith. Plenty of time to see if this is worth it before I pay in full as they are producing the standards and le's first.

I couldn't agree more. I also had a deposit on a CE but cancelled it. It seems to me like they wasted this theme trying to increase profit margins and cater to the coin-op market. Very simple mechs, standard body, generic callouts that sound like a boring game show host. This theme has so many great things that could be integrated that weren't. I'm sure it's a great shooting game since Pat designed it, but the theme was not used to even 50% of it's potential.

I saw this as a wide body game with upper playfields and perhaps an actual model of the wonkavator from the movie, that can receive the ball and raise it to the upper playfield. Wonkavision is not innovative at all, because they always have a mini lcd in their games anyway and all they had to do was put a white plastic frame around it with a model camera and there ya go. The gobstopper is a solid piece that spins on a motor, easy peasy and cheap. The apron doesn't even look like solid wood either. Looking at this machine, I would say their margins have to be pretty big at this price point.

I'm happy they found a way to be profitable so they stay in business, because I do love their machines better than any Stern ever made. However, I was really hoping they would at least go all out on Wonka like they did WOZ and POTC. It's such a waste of a perfect theme. I'm actually thinking a WOZ YBR looks better to me now.

#65 5 years ago

What an amazing and fun game. Joe and the JJP team did a great job on the animations and art. After many plays we decided this was a great addition to our lineup unfortunately unlike POTC I in no way seen the 3K value for the CE. Yes I too cared that the CE allowance shot from 200 to 500 which is a buyers view. Plus I felt the art with all the characters on the LE back glass was actually nicer and the red just didn’t work for me. Why with a purple cabinet and candy theme did JJP not opt to go with Purple hardware over blue/red? DI was purple and that was a Blue CE? Down graded all 3 of our CE orders to LE and feel confident this game will be a well bought hit!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What an amazing and fun game. Joe and the JJP team did a great job on the animations and art. After many plays we decided this was a great addition to our lineup unfortunately unlike POTC I in no way seen the 3K value for the CE. Yes I too cared that the CE allowance shot from 200 to 500 which is a buyers view. Plus I felt the art with all the characters on the LE back glass was actually nicer and the red just didn’t work for me. Why with a purple cabinet and candy theme did JJP not opt to go with Purple hardware over blue/red? DI was purple and that was a Blue CE? Down graded all 3 of our CE orders to LE and feel confident this game will be a well bought hit!

Interesting, I thought the CE mirrored backglass was great! Are you already designing mods for it? Can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Interesting, I thought the CE mirrored backglass was great! Are you already designing mods for it? Can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

Yes the mirror looks nice but I felt the LE back glass with ALL the characters actually looked better personally. Was it 3K better, Absolutely not lol. Yes we are Really excited about this game and have Many unique ideas to unveil shortly.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Why? - who really cares if they make 500 or 1,000 of them
If you have one in your home and enjoy it - what's the difference how many others have the same one?
I just don't really understand the collector mentality - these are toys: buy what you like, play the hell out of it and sell it when it bores you.
If you can't absorb these machines losing a percentage of their value, then you may be spending too much

Then why does JJP limit to 500? The nature of the model is scarcity.
500 or 1000 games made plays little into my decision to buy a game but that price point with a potential of 500 made tells me getting rid of it will cost thousands. Not the only factor in making a decision, but as someone who has bought every JJP NIB, the resale isn't always there.

Thanks for the advice though.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Then why does JJP limit to 500? The nature of the model is scarcity.
500 or 1000 games made plays little into my decision to buy a game but that price point with a potential of 500 made tells me getting rid of it will cost thousands. Not the only factor in making a decision, but as someone who has bought every JJP NIB, the resale isn't always there.
Thanks for the advice though.

I understand the model of scarcity - what I was saying is that I don't care about scarcity nor resale value
I think the bigger issue with buying a CE affecting resale value is the actual cost and not the amount available.
The market for a $5,000 used machine is much greater than a market for a $12,000 machine be it 250 or 500 produced

Please send me $5 for the advice

#70 5 years ago

12000 For a pinball machine and then 9000 for basically the pro model then there is a really stripped down model. You guys buying these things must have some serious spare cash to throw around. JJP has taken a page out of Gary's book and is fucking people hard and they are lining up for it. I guess I will never buy a NIB pin again. I cant afford it and wouldn't pay that kind of cash if I could.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

12000 For a pinball machine and then 9000 for basically the pro model then there is a really stripped down model. You guys buying these things must have some serious spare cash to throw around. JJP has taken a page out of Gary's book and is fucking people hard and they are lining up for it. I guess I will never buy a NIB pin again. I cant afford it and wouldn't pay that kind of cash if I could.

No, the $7500 would be the "pro". And they aren't "fucking" anyone. They make a higher end pin and the cost is higher accordingly.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No, the $7500 would be the "pro". And they aren't "fucking" anyone. They make a higher end pin and the cost is higher accordingly.

Look at what is on the highest prices one and then and the second. They take more shit off than stern does from the LE to the Pro. I hate to see what they take off the lowest tiered one. The pin reminds me of Wheel of Fortune, its fugly.

#73 5 years ago

As I just posted in another thread, no matter how many they make it won't matter. I can't find ANY JJP games for sale used on the west coast at all (maybe one crappy Hobbit). This should tell you something about how the scarcity in their market works. I found a smattering of used on the east coast (mainly DI and some WOZ) and a smattering of new (most DI, one standard PoTC) on the west coast. There just aren't many games around new or used so however many they make and whatever the price point it seems like resale would not be an issue.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Look at what is on the highest prices one and then and the second. They take more shit off than stern does from the LE to the Pro. I hate to see what they take off the lowest tiered one. The pin reminds me of Wheel of Fortune, its fugly.

Like taking off the upper playfield on the pro version of a game that years ago the original versions were defined by having an upper playfield?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Like taking off the upper playfield on the pro version of a game that years ago the original versions were defined by having an upper playfield?

Is that also akin to having a version of the game without a lower playfield?? *cough*munsters*cough* I wasn't aware that was something that went on. I assumed the game with the same name would have the same layout and code so scores would be comparable. But I guess now you have to account version in to that? The only game I sort of knew that did this was TAF Gold and even then it was just smaller scoring changes. Is this otherwise prevalent?

#76 5 years ago

Im in for CE but I might downgrade to LE if im not impressed with final product.

1 week later
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from NotoR1ouZ:

Im in for CE but I might downgrade to LE if im not impressed with final product.

Same, but not a whiff of when we'll see CE artwork, still.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Same, but not a whiff of when we'll see CE artwork, still.

From what I was told and I believe understood the art is the same. The change is the yellow areas will get the WOZ YBR sparkle treatment but not much more then that. I don't think this is going to be a POTC custom art CE playfield. At least thats what I was told?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From what I was told and I believe understood the art is the same. The change is the yellow areas will get the WOZ YBR sparkle treatment but not much more then that. I don't think this is going to be a POTC custom art CE playfield. At least thats what I was told?

Sounds like 3K well spent.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Sounds like 3K well spent.

Not for me this time unfortunately. After playing the LE I was sold just couldn't see that 3k value added personally but I am sure they will all be nice.

#81 4 years ago

What the hell is a JJPWWCFCE?

Why not just buy a Wonka CE and call it a day?

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The matrix says the CE has exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle. Also, on the jjp gameplay stream, Eric said they would reveal the CE playfield "soon". (jjpsoon takes a little longer as we know)

If "exclusive playfield artwork" is simply different colors, I'll be pretty disappointed.

#83 4 years ago

If the CE topper is just average - then I am 100% going down to an LE
just don't see the CE being worth it to me unless they surprise us with something unexpected

#84 4 years ago

Come play Willy Wonka at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

8CEC508A-7584-41C7-A587-3F1F096B54C7 (resized).jpeg8CEC508A-7584-41C7-A587-3F1F096B54C7 (resized).jpeg3D71F1A4-6C16-4EFD-BA0C-C2AF55B6E685 (resized).jpeg3D71F1A4-6C16-4EFD-BA0C-C2AF55B6E685 (resized).jpeg
#85 4 years ago

In looking at these pics it suddenly dawned on me that Richie is right. The coin door would look so much better in the same color as the rails!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

In looking at these pics it suddenly dawned on me that Richie is right. The coin door would look so much better in the same color as the rails!

YES...YES....YES....

FINALLY ....I AM GETTING SOME RESPECT.

4 weeks later
#88 4 years ago

Ummmmm......

Why is this topic dead.....Is there really nothing new on this game yet in regards to the CE Model??

Is there really going to be 500 CE's ??

Just wondering from what I have been hearing and seeing...Dont know if 500 will get sold at that price. I am not one to say that it will not happen...Just seems like the 500 number is a bit high. Hope they sell them all...but not having anything to look at or updates is not helping them to get to that number.

Does anyone have any updates?

I heard there are some mods for this game already?

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Ummmmm......
Why is this topic dead.....Is there really nothing new on this game yet in regards to the CE Model??
Is there really going to be 500 CE's ??
Just wondering from what I have been hearing and seeing...Dont know if 500 will get sold at that price. I am not one to say that it will not happen...Just seems like the 500 number is a bit high. Hope they sell them all...but not having anything to look at or updates is not helping them to get to that number.
Does anyone have any updates?
I heard there are some mods for this game already?

Eagerly awaiting....I’m really surprised we haven’t seen the CE photos yet. Hopefully soon! From what I hear though we have to wait the longest due to standards and LE models being shipped first. Some pictures would really help the wait haha

#90 4 years ago

Is there a comparison chart somewhere (I can't find a similar one to POTC or WOZ now but I am sure I saw it). I am wondering if much of the playfield/toys/plastics will be different on the CE. I played Wonka Friday at NWPAS and was a bit underwhelmed by the build quality or more like the use of graphiced plastics in place of actual moulded pieces. There is a plastic "box" over the left side ramp near the lanes that I can't figure out what it is but it's a plastic nightmare. The gobstopper shot looks stupidly basic (a metal plate with a big blue rubber bumper on it?). I just feel like they sort of shit the bed when it comes to really getting the JJP moneys worth kind of value.

Also, is it just me or is the top right flipper hard as heck to see? My wife and I had to crane our necks each time the ball went up there to try and see the flipper hitting the ball.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is there a comparison chart somewhere (I can't find a similar one to POTC or WOZ now but I am sure I saw it). I am wondering if much of the playfield/toys/plastics will be different on the CE. I played Wonka Friday at NWPAS and was a bit underwhelmed by the build quality or more like the use of graphiced plastics in place of actual moulded pieces. There is a plastic "box" over the left side ramp near the lanes that I can't figure out what it is but it's a plastic nightmare. The gobstopper shot looks stupidly basic (a metal plate with a big blue rubber bumper on it?). I just feel like they sort of shit the bed when it comes to really getting the JJP moneys worth kind of value.
Also, is it just me or is the top right flipper hard as heck to see? My wife and I had to crane our necks each time the ball went up there to try and see the flipper hitting the ball.

Model comparison chart has been on JJP site since release. There is also a solution if you dislike the factory molded box diverter...... Selfless promotion lol.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#92 4 years ago

I got my orders in with ModCouple - Thanks

This just seems weird that I am getting Mods in before the game --

I hope the Topper is cool for the CE Owners - Has anyone heard of any insight on the topper / pics / etc.....Just seems like it is getting close to lets us CE Owners know what is going one - Maybe they are making some changes are debating about adding the powder coated doors on this game - COME ON SOMEONE should know something - Is there not a mole inside the JJP camp that can leak a pic or two --

Okay....Okay....Just been away for awhile do my plumbing jobs and I have not had time to catch up - Let me looks at the past posts (which is not much on this thread --- WHY??? -- Because there is NOTHING GOING ON for this CE Model - It is like all the talk and excitement has deflated for a while. I am sure it will pick up and till then I will be waiting for ModCouple to post their next Mod that they are going to be making for either this game or the next game.

I am just having fun - and I love Joe and JJP -- But I do hope this CE Model is just as much talk and excitement as the POTC CE Model

Maybe Joe might know something -- Going to text him again now.....

#93 4 years ago

Well -- Shit

No text back from Joe as of yet......

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Model comparison chart has been on JJP site since release. There is also a solution if you dislike the factory molded box diverter...... Selfless promotion lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

Of course I swear your mods sell me on a game more than the game itself sometimes.

#95 4 years ago

It's in the official club thread as a key post.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's in the official club thread as a key post.

Bah, I should remember about the keyposts. I tend to use Google as my end all be all because I have trouble with the main search here and it didn't come up with a result the same as searching for other game comparison charts.

#97 4 years ago

Of course I swear your mods sell me on a game more than the game itself sometimes.

We love you magic man! Plus to be honest ANYone that has access to the elusive magic club must be a cool ass guy. Sincerely. Thanks as always for the kind words my wife and I do appreciate it. Next time I am in Kent (my home office) I will be looking you up. We do our sales meeting and motorcycle trip around the Olympic peninsula and its incredible!!

#98 4 years ago

Im really hoping that we are waiting for different playfield art on the CE to be approved. One would think if it was just "sparkles" added we would have seen something by now right ?

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Im really hoping that we are waiting for different playfield art on the CE to be approved. One would think if it was just "sparkles" added we would have seen something by now right ?

If the trend is like POTC then it should be substantially different. I don't think this is a YBR situation.

#100 4 years ago

If the trend is like POTC then it should be substantially different. I don't think this is a YBR situation.

Thats sadly what JJP implied when asked what would be different. I'm sure it will look great just don't think it will be a completely different art package like POTC. All are great games but I had to slide back to the LE as I feel it was to hard to justify the CE on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/2?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.