wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 4 years ago

They are pretty easy to see when you are playing at this level. Unfortunately my WiFi signal in my shop is pretty sketchy so I was not able to connect up to the lights to adjust after they were installed as I needed the module outside the cabinet to just barely eek out connection. I agree that dialing them down just a tad is a good thought though.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

If it's working only on the right side, then the cable is connected backwards on the unit at the front of the cabinet. I accidentally did this when installing mine.
Hopefully you didn't damage your motherboard by moving the cable to a different spot....

I didn’t move anything just reseated the connector and checked the pins on the molex. Where the wires are soldered to the board I touched those and now it doesn’t work at all. Makes me think bad solder joints.

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I know PinStadium lights are a polarizing subject around here for some reason but I love being able to see all facets of the playfield. Here are the Omega Factory Editions before and after.[quoted image][quoted image]

I Actually prefer the first.
The second has zero ambience.
Maybe it would be the best with 20% pin stadium.?

#854 4 years ago

I’ve never thought the newer pins needed more light,but most of my pins are B/W’s

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I know PinStadium lights are a polarizing subject around here for some reason but I love being able to see all facets of the playfield. Here are the Omega Factory Editions before and after.[quoted image][quoted image]

A happy medium would be great!

#856 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there are photos of unpopulated playfields online? Preferably of the LE or CE? Can’t see to find any online.

#857 4 years ago

Fixed my headphone jack this evening. There was a plug that goes into the j101 board. It came loose and was hiding in the coin door corner. Had some Facebook help on the jjp page pointing out what I did wrong. Love hate relationship when something so simple as a plug I missed.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Does anyone know if there are photos of unpopulated playfields online? Preferably of the LE or CE? Can’t see to find any online.

I only can find the SE, this was the one for the Special When Lit 24 hr. charity stream that was auctioned off.

C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpegC42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I only can find the SE, this was the one for the Special When Lit 24 hr. charity stream that was auctioned off.[quoted image]

Thats actually a le playfield... see the extra vulk hole for wonkavator lock...

#860 4 years ago

So -- Little off topic but Wanted to share this on the page -- But I will post it on a seperate subject Line - but this is for my fans (few that I have that dont think that I am nuts)

Done by Brian Allen - Amazing

Its in the coloring stage now

We will do something with this and I am open to ideas - Like T-shirts or posters or stickers, etc -- So -- Here is where I am going with this - I will pay for the these to be made and not ask for anything in return and all proceeds will go to a nice charity cause - Pinball related (Project Pinball) or JDRF -- Most Likely BOTH.

We are looking to do do 6 project with Brian Allen over the new couple years and this is the first one with the sewer monsters.

I see Richie Wrench fighting some type of creature, Each one different from another. Then at the end I will do a 7th project with Brian Allen where Richie is battling all 6 creatures or something along that line.

This is the first approved sketch and let me know what you think. I am hoping to have this done well in time for the Expo and will have items for sale on this site soon and all proceeds go to charity.

Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpgRichie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
#861 4 years ago

I am considering purchasing a WW CE. Do the current owners feel that it is worth it over the LE? I know it’s subjective, but the custom call outs have me considering it. The CE is beautiful, seems as if the playfield isn’t as dark as the LE.

#862 4 years ago

To me the CE was justified in that I didn't feel bad about paying more for the red finish, the cabinet art, and the playfield. If you are strictly in it for gameplay or would constantly think about the extra money spent - go for the LE. I also happen to be one of the few that likes the CE topper better than the new waterfall topper too. To each their own.

Can't go wrong either way - the game itself is wonderful!

#863 4 years ago

How about the CE call outs? Are they annoying or do they fit?

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I am considering purchasing a WW CE. Do the current owners feel that it is worth it over the LE? I know it’s subjective, but the custom call outs have me considering it. The CE is beautiful, seems as if the playfield isn’t as dark as the LE.

I love the callouts! Those, the red armor/wireforms, undercabinet lighting, backglass etc make it worth it.

Check them out yourself! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/517613788

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

How about the CE call outs? Are they annoying or do they fit?

They fit very well and sound great, I was pleasantly surprised and happy to have got the ce over a le.

#866 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! I have a POTC CE and what an amazing game. Thanks again

#867 4 years ago

No words needed <3

wonka.JPGwonka.JPG
#868 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So -- Little off topic but Wanted to share this on the page -- But I will post it on a seperate subject Line - but this is for my fans (few that I have that dont think that I am nuts)
Done by Brian Allen - Amazing
Its in the coloring stage now
We will do something with this and I am open to ideas - Like T-shirts or posters or stickers, etc -- So -- Here is where I am going with this - I will pay for the these to be made and not ask for anything in return and all proceeds will go to a nice charity cause - Pinball related (Project Pinball) or JDRF -- Most Likely BOTH.
We are looking to do do 6 project with Brian Allen over the new couple years and this is the first one with the sewer monsters.
I see Richie Wrench fighting some type of creature, Each one different from another. Then at the end I will do a 7th project with Brian Allen where Richie is battling all 6 creatures or something along that line.
This is the first approved sketch and let me know what you think. I am hoping to have this done well in time for the Expo and will have items for sale on this site soon and all proceeds go to charity.[quoted image]

Richie Wrench needs to look more heroic, IMO. In this he looks like a crazed part of the problem. Just needs some adjustment to the facial expression and it will read more like I think you intend. Other than that tonal issue, the quality of the art is great. Should be a great series.

#869 4 years ago

Got it two days ago... took fooooooooorever to get POTC CE... in fact, it and Wonka CE made it to Arizona on the same day... but I delayed the Wonka delivery until tomorrow...

Quoted from PtownPin:

u still haven't received your POTC CE? Something seems fishy....wasn't that weeks ago?

#870 4 years ago

Standard delivery, $16,500 for POTC CE (then I added another $2K in mods after that), and $12,500 for Wonka CE, both included shipping. I wish it was white glove pillow delivery, just to my door, not even inside.

Quoted from Yelobird:

29K?? Just how much did they charge you for those games? Is this some kind of white glove pillow delivery or is there another game included in the deal.

#871 4 years ago

This thread seems a little dead atm. Lets try to awaken it. Anyone reached Pure Imagination yet, is it something cool? I have serious trouble getting the Gobstopper golden ticket. I played many, many games and my honest review is: "absolutley gorgeous pinball with great flow, however gets kind of abit irritating with the drains when ball comes out from jets (to the left of gobstopper) and straight out, feels not fair since it´s part of the game to actually go there and reward is 30-40% straight out the drain. After 2 months of intensive play: rating 7/10

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

This thread seems a little dead atm. Lets try to awaken it. Anyone reached Pure Imagination yet, is it something cool? I have serious trouble getting the Gobstopper golden ticket. I played many, many games and my honest review is: "absolutley gorgeous pinball with great flow, however gets kind of abit irritating with the drains when ball comes out from jets (to the left of gobstopper) and straight out, feels not fair since it´s part of the game to actually go there and reward is 30-40% straight out the drain. After 2 months of intensive play: rating 7/10

I agree with the drains out of the pops. I don't think a ball should ever go SDTM out of the pops. Maybe it's just luck, but I would say I'm at 10-20% versus what you're experiencing.

I played a few games last night and walked away thinking this is my favorite of all the pins I've owned (I've only had my CE 2 months) and I haven't even got to the good stuff yet. I'm still learning how to do everything.

Based on previous posts, I thought it was going to be very difficult to get the Wonkavator multiball. I got it on both games played last night and I'm just an average pinhead. That's with default settings.

Quality is so-far-so-good. Zero issues after 2 months.

#873 4 years ago

Here is final drawing...going to make some poster / Cards / Stickers / Etc and all money will go to charity

Richie Wrench Color (resized).jpgRichie Wrench Color (resized).jpg
#874 4 years ago

Brian Allen is going to be working on the second one here soon.

#875 4 years ago

Wonkatania Mania, great great mode! BUT is scoting broken? Did an awesome run tonight and guess i ramped atleast 25 times during Wonkatania Mania, when it was finsihed i read Total Points: 3300!!!! WTF :p

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Wonkatania Mania, great great mode! BUT is scoting broken? Did an awesome run tonight and guess i ramped atleast 25 times during Wonkatania Mania, when it was finsihed i read Total Points: 3300!!!! WTF :p

It’s too low for sure. I think Wonkatania Mania should have its own high score portrait too. Whenever that mode starts I IMMEDIATELY drain. At this rate I’ll never hear the scream.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Here is final drawing...going to make some poster / Cards / Stickers / Etc and all money will go to charity[quoted image]

90 (resized).jpeg90 (resized).jpeg
#878 4 years ago

Also don't forget you can go into settings and change the lighting effects for the wonkatania mode.... stock is the lowest setting. I put mine up to super crazy or something and it's super awesome.

2 weeks later
#879 4 years ago

I read about your problems and I’m having some of the same on a brand new LE.

Sometimes the game can’t find the balls. I manually pop one up from the trough to plunger and plunge it. Then it seems fine.

Also balls are getting stuck once and a while in the back left somewhere. Can’t nudge loose. Have to launch another ball up there to free it.

Any ideas? Thanks

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I read about your problems and I’m having some of the same on a brand new LE.
Sometimes the game can’t find the balls. I manually pop one up from the trough to plunger and plunge it. Then it seems fine.
Also balls are getting stuck once and a while in the back left somewhere. Can’t nudge loose. Have to launch another ball up there to free it.
Any ideas? Thanks

Just a guess but it sounds like your balls are magnetized.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a guess but it sounds like your balls are magnetized.

Yikes. It happened on my second game out of the box. Aren’t the balls that come with it carbon?

#882 4 years ago

Yikes. It happened on my second game out of the box. Aren’t the balls that come with it carbon?

Just the simplest thing to try before tearing it down or getting frustrated. Take balls out and see if a paper clip will lightly stick to any of them. There are Many magnets in this game so it’s very possible and a cheap fix. Good luck.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just the simplest thing to try before tearing it down or getting frustrated. Take balls out and see if a paper clip will lightly stick to any of them. There are Many magnets in this game so it’s very possible and a cheap fix. Good luck.

No doubt. Will try, thanks!

All optos etc check out in test so maybe that’s it.

#884 4 years ago

Checked the balls. Don’t seem magnetized. Hmmm

#885 4 years ago

Checked the balls. Don’t seem magnetized. Hmmm

Ok next simple (free) test. What is your games pitch front to back and side to side and how did your set it? Could be your a bit flat and the balls are now rolling down the trough or getting stuck on mags. Mine was at 6.8 degrees.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok next simple (free) test. What is your games pitch front to back and side to side and how did your set it? Could be your a bit flat and the balls are now rolling down the trough or getting stuck on mags. Mine was at 6.8 degrees.

It’s getting stuck here (pic attached). Table is pitched at 7.3 now. Still happening.

D9584B16-5D01-4C37-B2F9-2F6C4F12E9D2 (resized).jpegD9584B16-5D01-4C37-B2F9-2F6C4F12E9D2 (resized).jpegEFFA658F-5A67-4DE7-B118-15315FEF96D9 (resized).jpegEFFA658F-5A67-4DE7-B118-15315FEF96D9 (resized).jpeg
#887 4 years ago

It’s getting stuck here (pic attached). Table is pitched at 7.3 now. Still happening.[quoted image][quoted image]

I removed the switch back in that area and bent the wire form down a bit, then reinstalled. Played two games and nothing stuck. Fingers crossed it was just that adjustment that was needed.

#888 4 years ago

With the balls..

JJP have got some dodgy trough boards. My CE was behaving weird.
Ball drains taking a few seconds to register,
2 balls kicking out at same time,
Trough optos activating when flippers pressed

Turns out is is a dry solder joint on the board..
re-flowed and all good

#889 4 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the sound from the headphone jack. It seems to be fine when you start a game, however once you progress I only have the sound coming out of one side. Seems to then be intermittent through the rest of a game. I tried three different sets of headphones. Any thoughts?

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Anyone have any issues with the sound from the headphone jack. It seems to be fine when you start a game, however once you progress I only have the sound coming out of one side. Seems to then be intermittent through the rest of a game. I tried three different sets of headphones. Any thoughts?

Did you try reseating both ends of the plug? Sounds like one of the channels is dropping out normally from a loose plug.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you try reseating both ends of the plug? Sounds like one of the channels is dropping out normally from a loose plug.

I give that a try. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That did it. Thanks again!

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

No but my subwoofer (attached to the speaker terminals) goes ballistic when I turn my wonka off lol

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same issue again with the sound. It only worked for a short time. Any other ideas? Let me know. Thx.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Same issue again with the sound. It only worked for a short time. Any other ideas? Let me know. Thx.

Well it would appear that what ever you did was close to the solution. Could be that the audio cable is routed a bit to close to something with high power and you moved it. Bad cable, or possibly the actual port you are plugging it into is the issue? My hope would be its just the audio jack plate on the coin door.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Make sure it’s plugged in real good to this, I had the same issue it came loose.

5ECB8955-83EC-4148-90ED-7CAFE52CAE04 (resized).jpeg5ECB8955-83EC-4148-90ED-7CAFE52CAE04 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#897 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the “Red” most secret machine is on the CE. How is it different from the LE or SE? Thanks.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone know what the “Red” most secret machine is on the CE. How is it different from the LE or SE? Thanks.

It’s the red gobstopper disc. It’s translucent red plastic and you see it light up at times while rotating. It’s subtle but there.

#899 3 years ago

Got it. Thanks. No that obvious.

#900 3 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion on fixing the roller switch. It keeps getting stuck on the metal flap of the most secret machine. (See Picture)

IMG_2696 (resized).jpegIMG_2696 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/18?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.