wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.
#751 4 years ago

Owners: Don't forget to add your review/ratings so we can try to get the CE in top 100!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-ce/ratings

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah you want the U shape at the top (or put another way the open end at the bottom.)
Otherwise yes, you get stuck balls.
I made the same mistake on my SE. I was able to pull them up with dental floss and flip them around.

I think we should get Cliffy to weigh in on this. Here is a picture from his website showing the u at the bottom.
This is the way I have installed these on many machines. I was able to eliminate ball stoppage by feathering the top side of the leading edges with some sandpaper prior to installation.
DI-SWITCH-LT-001 (resized).jpgDI-SWITCH-LT-001 (resized).jpg

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I think we should Cliffy to weigh in on this. Here is a picture from his website showing the u at the bottom.
This is the way I have installed these on many machines. I was able to eliminate ball stoppage by feathering the top side of the leading edges with some sandpaper prior to installation.
[quoted image]

Ya the one I’m having issues with is the left side of the cliffy is not flush. The right side is, so the ball when moving slow is catching on it. I tried bending just that side down a bit. It helped a little bit but every so often it would catch.

#754 4 years ago

Once a protector has been bent I haven't had any success with getting them to lay down. Often the best and easiest way to correct is with a new protector.

#755 4 years ago

I've tried the slot protectors both ways and it seems to depend on the game on which direction works best..

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I think we should get Cliffy to weigh in on this. Here is a picture from his website showing the u at the bottom.
[quoted image]

Heh. I actually weighed in to HIM on the issue to pass along my experience

Quoted from bigd1979:

I've tried the slot protectors both ways and it seems to depend on the game on which direction works best..

Agreed. My POTC seems completely happy with the open end at the top. It depends on where the ball drops and what the average velocity is when balls run that inlane.

#757 4 years ago

Let’s keep this simple..I’m a dummy. I fixed my issue. I would post what I did, but I’m to embarrassed to post the fix or rather a glaring mistake in an open forum hehe. Game is amazing so far.

#758 4 years ago

Wonka ce review on the first night we got it.

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

One of the better reviews of Wonka I’ve seen on Pinside. Not one complaint about the synced audio!

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

One of the better reviews of Wonka I’ve seen on Pinside. Not one complaint about the synced audio!

Most people love the game and think its probably jjp best pin overall . Its just a few on pinside that say the same bs over and over... regardless it dont matter bc its selling well and most owners are very happy.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What do you think of the speech/callouts on the ce over the other models?

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What do you think of the speech/callouts on the ce over the other models?

I love them! Her voice is very pleasant.
She has a lot, too.

#763 4 years ago

It is nerve wracking...I wired $29K to a dealer about a month ago for a POTC CE and Wonka CE and it makes me very nervous to wire so much money. Still waiting on both. All I can say is that they should get POTC to me soon and Wonka by around Christmas because all they need to do is Google me and see that I have some people who really look out for me and hate to see me be taken advantage of... But I think they're legit.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I'll never understand why anyone would pay in full for a game unless its ready to ship. Makes zero sense to me.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

It is nerve wracking...I wired $29K to a dealer about a month ago for a POTC CE and Wonka CE and it makes me very nervous to wire so much money. Still waiting on both. All I can say is that they should get POTC to me soon and Wonka by around Christmas because all they need to do is Google me and see that I have some people who really look out for me and hate to see me be taken advantage of... But I think they're legit.

29K?? Just how much did they charge you for those games? Is this some kind of white glove pillow delivery or is there another game included in the deal.

#765 4 years ago

It was the autographs from the original cast that did it for me...

Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Richie. Since the topper is a 'disappointment', are the other differences worth $3000 more than a LE? I mean glitter on a playfield, RADCALS, some added voice call outs, under cabinet lights and to some, a better looking cabinet art package all for just "a few dollars more". Am I missing something? FWIW, I switched my CE order to an LE after I saw the abysmal excuse for a topper. I just could not see the requisite value to justify the extra dollars for the CE. But, no sarcasm intended, enjoy your CE!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

u still haven't received your POTC CE? Something seems fishy....wasn't that weeks ago?

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Awesome....thats what its all about

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

She has a lot, too.

Agree completely, really like her call outs.

Jeff

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

She has a lot, too.

Any new streams with your ce?

#771 4 years ago

Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

It's really puzzling to me, that this pin isnt the most wanted machine.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Its selling well and most people really enjoy it... dont let a few naysayers on here make u think otherwise

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It’s the Most Wanted Secret Machine!

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I've got 3 girls, looks like my oldest and how she would have done it!

One of the best reviews ever. Love it!!!!!

#775 4 years ago

Played some wonka ce today thanks to my man richiewrench. It probably is the funnest jjp yet and what a beautiful game. Thanks Richie for all the hospitality. You are awesome!

#776 4 years ago

Mine arrived today and promptly was put back on the truck ;-(

If you look closely, it looks like they even re-palletized it since the stickers over the straps were removed on one side. Didn't all of the CEs or maybe even all Wonkas go back to oversize pallets from JJP?

They plan on shipping a new one Monday to hopefully make it before Christmas!

IMG_4335 (resized).jpgIMG_4335 (resized).jpgIMG_5161 (resized).jpgIMG_5161 (resized).jpg
#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Mine arrived today and promptly was put back on the truck ;-(
If you look closely, it looks like they even re-palletized it since the stickers over the straps were removed on one side. Didn't all of the CEs or maybe even all Wonkas go back to oversize pallets from JJP?
They plan on shipping a new one Monday to hopefully make it before Christmas![quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really sorry for the disappointment. Maybe it fell over or something? Was the tip and tell intact?

#778 4 years ago

The tip and tell looked OK, but about half the games I’ve received never had the tab removed so it could work, so it’s possible this was the case and after righting it the shipping company removed the tab. Maybe I’m reading too much into it all though...

#779 4 years ago

That box is all jacked up !

I guess it wasn’t worth unboxing

#780 4 years ago

I really loving my Wonka LE and thinking of upgrading to the CE as a keeper! What do you guys think of the CE! It’s beautiful

#781 4 years ago

I was told wonka is Pats masterpiece
His best !

#782 4 years ago

The pallet mine came on, was a small one but not that small. Mine luckily is working gameplay wise. Only issues I have is the headphone jack doesn’t work and a small cosmetic gripe. Have my distributor on it and hope to get it resolved soon.

#783 4 years ago

WONKA CE #210 received. Born 12-03-2019, shipped 12-06-19, received 12-11-2019, set up 12-13-2019.

No issues out of the box. Playfield is beautiful. I actually really like the topper. Didn't think I would. It fits well with the pin.

The family absolutely loves it, especially my son!

WONKA - outside (resized).jpgWONKA - outside (resized).jpgWONKA - Born (resized).jpgWONKA - Born (resized).jpgWONKA - Almost set up (resized).jpgWONKA - Almost set up (resized).jpgWONKA CE (resized).jpgWONKA CE (resized).jpg
#784 4 years ago

Wow!! Number 211 here. Plays perfect out of the box. Super build quality and great rule set.

Wonka (resized).jpegWonka (resized).jpegWonka1 (resized).JPGWonka1 (resized).JPG
#785 4 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wow!! Number 211 here. Plays perfect out of the box. Super build quality and great rule set.

Howdy (CE #) neighbor!

#786 4 years ago

Number 17 found it's home. No shipping issues observed this time around. Hoping for a pleasant NIB experience vs POTCCE last year.

#787 4 years ago

#191 from Jersey Jack has arrived back in Jersey - the Old Jersey, Channel Islands, UK

779E8881-9FD8-4106-BFBE-79BC63837EB1 (resized).jpeg779E8881-9FD8-4106-BFBE-79BC63837EB1 (resized).jpeg
#788 4 years ago

Is anyone else bummed about not getting a CE certificate? One came with both DI and POTC, but not with this game.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Is anyone else bummed about not getting a CE certificate? One came with both DI and POTC, but not with this game.

Not really. I'd toss it in the cabinet and forget about it anyway.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Doesn't really bother me. Not like I would frame it and hang it.

#791 4 years ago

1.32 Update on jerseyjackpinball.com now. Delta Update.

LTG : )

#792 4 years ago

How do all you CE owners feel about the new topper JJP released today for $300 dollars ?? I personally feel cheated ! I have a CE and this topper is way better!!! When the wonka CE was originally announced it said it was including an interactive wonkatania topper. Expo rolls around JJP reveals the CE and wonkatania topper has been dropped. Now today they release this for $300. I feel like they should give all the CE owners the option to trade in the current topper for this one. CE owners lets band together and email JJP if you feel the same way I do!

F3BEE2B4-C1CE-40E4-8A11-A09540EDC45B.pngF3BEE2B4-C1CE-40E4-8A11-A09540EDC45B.png
#793 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

How do all you CE owners feel about the new topper JJP released today for $300 dollars ?? I personally feel cheated ! I have a CE and this topper is way better!!! When the wonka CE was originally announced it said it was including an interactive wonkatania topper. Expo rolls around JJP reveals the CE and wonkatania topper has been dropped. Now today they release this for $300. I feel like they should give all the CE owners the option to trade in the current topper for this one. CE owners lets band together and email JJP if you feel the same way I do![quoted image]

Ok first off Thank You! Did not see that!! Ordered one myself. Do however agree with you that looks Way better then the CE regular topper by a mile. On the site the mini window links to a video showing the animated light waterfall effect which is rather impressive for the price. My bet is This is the topper they intended for this game but thats just my opinion. LE buyer here but I agree if I was a CE buyer I would be pushing for a swap no question for the price you paid. From the original comparison flyer you Might have a good argument.....

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 12.57.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 12.57.05 AM (resized).png
#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

How do all you CE owners feel about the new topper JJP released today for $300 dollars ?? I personally feel cheated ! I have a CE and this topper is way better!!! When the wonka CE was originally announced it said it was including an interactive wonkatania topper. Expo rolls around JJP reveals the CE and wonkatania topper has been dropped. Now today they release this for $300. I feel like they should give all the CE owners the option to trade in the current topper for this one. CE owners lets band together and email JJP if you feel the same way I do![quoted image]

As a side note my guess is #RichieWrench would probably not go for this topper as he sees live chocolate water falls at work most every day... lol

#795 4 years ago

Thinking to sell the original topper on eBay for $150.00 and purchase the new one.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Thinking to sell the original topper on eBay for $150.00 and purchase the new one.

I'll buy it.

#797 4 years ago

I’m just glad they released it. I believe I read on here somewhere it was held up in licensing approvals. Wish I could find the post/thread.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:How do all you CE owners feel about the new topper JJP released today for $300 dollars ?? I personally feel cheated ! I have a CE and this topper is way better!!! When the wonka CE was originally announced it said it was including an interactive wonkatania topper. Expo rolls around JJP reveals the CE and wonkatania topper has been dropped. Now today they release this for $300. I feel like they should give all the CE owners the option to trade in the current topper for this one. CE owners lets band together and email JJP if you feel the same way I do![quoted image]

I can see why you would feel this way....JJP should have included their standard high quality topper with the LE unit .... $300 for this topper is a joke

#799 4 years ago

Just received my CE last night. Love it so far. Curious what others see as “must have mods?” I’m thinking of:

-Mod Couple flipper grass candy flippers
-Mod Couple cover for factory
-Has anyone installed the pipes from Mezel Mods? I don’t like their factory, but the pipes look cool. Would they work/make sense in conjunction with the factory from Mod Couple?
-any thoughts on smokestack mods Mod Couple vs Mezel Mods
-any other “must haves” in your opinion?

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Just received my CE last night. Love it so far. Curious what others see as “must have mods?” I’m thinking of:
-Mod Couple flipper grass candy flippers
-Mod Couple cover for factory
-Has anyone installed the pipes from Mezel Mods? I don’t like their factory, but the pipes look cool. Would they work/make sense in conjunction with the factory from Mod Couple?
-any thoughts on smokestack mods Mod Couple vs Mezel Mods
-any other “must haves” in your opinion?

It comes down to personal preference, but here are some pictures with the mods I have added to provide some real-life examples:

Mod Couple Coin Door Mod
Mod Couple Shooter Candy Bar
Mod Couple Factory
Mod Couple Wonkavator
Mod Couple Chocolate Falls
Mod Couple Wonka Hat
Mod Couple Smoke Stack Cover
Mod Couple Edible Factory Park
Mod Couple flipper covers
Lermods Backglass/Trough LEDs
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9-1 (resized).jpg9-1 (resized).jpg9-2 (resized).jpg9-2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/16?hl=furio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.