wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.
#701 4 years ago

Sweet got my call today will be here next Wednesday can’t wait.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

#024 came yesterday. It is gorgeous! The colors are amazing. The sparkle on the playfield is really cool, as is the powder coat. Thanks to pinballer22 who helped with set up and putting a playfield protector on. Game plays great with no problems at all. Thanks to Joe PinballSTAR for getting the game to me before Thanksgiving. Looking forward to a long weekend of Wonka.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really glad your game got to you, and in great shape!

How tough was the protector to put on for him? Do you have anymore photos of that process?

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Sweet got my call today will be here next Wednesday can’t wait.

Same for me and @gasoline!

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same for me and gasoline!

I got a call from fed ex freight. They must be loading these things on planes cause with the weather a week delivery time is fast.

#705 4 years ago

My CE arrived today... I'll spare everyone the unboxing pictures since a few have already done that. The playfield is absolutely amazing, pictures don't do it justice...

Jeff

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My CE arrived today... I'll spare everyone the unboxing pictures since a few have already done that. The playfield is absolutely amazing, pictures don't do it justice...
Jeff

Please dont hold back we have to live through you and see what we dont have.. please share

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really glad your game got to you, and in great shape!
How tough was the protector to put on for him? Do you have anymore photos of that process?

Not tough for him, because he is in the business. It’s a little intimidating to me, but this is the fourth one that we’ve done together, so I’ve learned quite a bit along the way. Most everything comes off, as you can see in the photo. Most of the connectors are color coded which really helps. Sorry, I don’t have any other photos other than up close ones that we took to make sure we were putting things back together properly.

It took us about 3 hours for the entire process, which included many trips to the fridge. If you are handy and patient, you should be able to handle it. It’s basically disassemble, and reassemble. Be sure to have plenty of zip ties to tidy things up.

The game is awesome! Wife thinks so too. The first game that she played on it she said, “I like the topper”

#708 4 years ago

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

20191127_205953 (resized).jpg20191127_205953 (resized).jpg
#709 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.[quoted image]

You too Richie! What was your score?

#710 4 years ago

How are the newest Wonka’s looking and playing?I hope it’s better then the first batch!Mine is
tons better

#711 4 years ago

plays awesome...really do like it. Got alot of mods going on it this week

I like how u shoot it up in one spot and then the ball comes out somewhere else almost like instant in another spot.

plays smooth and looks amazing

I dont like the side art...I which they would have just done the mirror blades....but I dknt even think there is room.for the mirror blades.....How anyone put mirror blades on theirs yet??.

#712 4 years ago

This has instantly become my favorite game in my collection... The shots are so much fun, the game is challenging and really forces you to be on point with your shots. I REALLY like the additional Veruca Salt call outs as well. I did have two little glitches, the most secret machine motor got disconnected in shipping so that was an easy fix and then during one of the games both monitors just died. Had to reboot the game entirely but they came back just fine and it's only happened that one time but wanted to call it out. Topper is a complete afterthought and really is a disappointing effort when compared to the POTC CE... Like I said before the playfield is just magnificent and not a single picture I've see really captures it well. You just have to see it...

Thanks,
Jeff

6C7A8ADB-994E-4BB2-ADE2-91FD03B8DA58 (resized).jpeg6C7A8ADB-994E-4BB2-ADE2-91FD03B8DA58 (resized).jpeg
#713 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This has instantly become my favorite game in my collection... The shots are so much fun, the game is challenging and really forces you to be on point with your shots. I REALLY like the additional Veruca Salt call outs as well. I did have two little glitches, the most secret machine motor got disconnected in shipping so that was an easy fix and then during one of the games both monitors just died. Had to reboot the game entirely but they came back just fine and it's only happened that one time but wanted to call it out. Topper is a complete afterthought and really is a disappointing effort when compared to the POTC CE... Like I said before the playfield is just magnificent and not a single picture I've see really captures it well. You just have to see it...
Thanks,
Jeff[quoted image]

Awesome. I knew u wld love it. I think many people will love this game once they play it

#714 4 years ago

The game looks great! Is the topper mirrored too? I’m in the minority that likes the topper... but absolutely, it’s a tough to follow the pirates’ one, for sure. I think the under cabinet lighting looks spot on too.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

#024 came yesterday. It is gorgeous! The colors are amazing. The sparkle on the playfield is really cool, as is the powder coat. Thanks to pinballer22 who helped with set up and putting a playfield protector on. Game plays great with no problems at all. Thanks to Joe PinballSTAR for getting the game to me before Thanksgiving. Looking forward to a long weekend of Wonka.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many other WWCE owners are using a playfield protector? Just curious.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I am not, FWIW...

Jeff

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Cliffy universal slot protectors on the droplanes and P21S wax. That’s it.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Damn that wax ain’t cheap!

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn that wax ain’t cheap!

Neither are the pins! Cheap care.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Neither are the pins! Cheap care.

Gotcha

#721 4 years ago

Which part of the secret machine is Red on the CE?

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Which part of the secret machine is Red on the CE?

The rotating disc

#723 4 years ago

Ahhhh, thanks zaphX !

#724 4 years ago

Where's all the unboxing pics guys? Can't wait to see these beautiful machines.

#725 4 years ago

Getting mine tomorrow, what is the best degrees to level it at? Deadpool I had before played very differently at different setups.

#726 4 years ago

Mine lands tomorrow, I'm unboxing after work and will be streaming.

Follow twitch.tv/nspinball

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Getting mine tomorrow, what is the best degrees to level it at? Deadpool I had before played very differently at different setups.

7 .0 seems to work well

#728 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
Did you have any issues of dimpling on your Wonka SE only using the P21S wax?

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for the reply.

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Thanks for the reply.

All pins dimple. Wax won't stop it. I do think it held up really well though, and 5000 plays at that.

Pics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87018

#731 4 years ago

Finally got my baby today! YES, you can not see on a picture how nice it is!! Did install the post to the left ramp, since ball seem to drain there all the time. However, ball gets stuck between posts, so it don´t work, however there are 2 diffrent holes to apply it to, will trie the other one. Do you guys use the post and what difficult level have you choosen in settings? I also turned the red light off below, it´s awesome to have it flashing in modes, but not on all the time. Also curious what level you have on the legs. In instruction it was said to put all legs in maximum, I did and it plays well imo.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Finally got my baby today! YES, you can not see on a picture how nice it is!! Did install the post to the left ramp, since ball seem to drain there all the time. However, ball gets stuck between posts, so it don´t work, however there are 2 diffrent holes to apply it to, will trie the other one. Do you guys use the post and what difficult level have you choosen in settings? I also turned the red light off below, it´s awesome to have it flashing in modes, but not on all the time. Also curious what level you have on the legs. In instruction it was said to put all legs in maximum, I did and it plays well imo.

Nice
Grattis

The post stopping lane clearance has been discussed before. Try finding a tighter/smaller rubber for the post.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Need to use a device on the playfield to measure the slope. Sld be at least 6.5 but myself and many others find that 6.8-7.0 plays best and of course level from side to side.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Need to use a device on the playfield to measure the slope. Sld be at least 6.5 but myself and many others find that 6.8-7.0 plays best and of course level from side to side.

All of my pins are set to 6.5, FWIW...

Jeff

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

All of my pins are set to 6.5, FWIW...
Jeff

All mine are at 7.0 as 6.5 was to floaty and I like them playing little faster and more difficult. Results may vary from person to person as it's all personal preference.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All mine are at 7.0 as 6.5 was to floaty and I like them playing little faster and more difficult. Results may vary from person to person as it's all personal preference.

Right on!

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Nice
Grattis
The post stopping lane clearance has been discussed before. Try finding a tighter/smaller rubber for the post.

Solved it with some sanding on the samllest rubber added from JJP, works like a charm now!
WOW, what a game, totally hooked, so smooth, so lovley

#738 4 years ago

I set up my Wonka CE today. It is such a beautiful machine.

One issue that I am having is that the captive ball is getting caught on a piece of plastic on the way back to the newton ball. That whole area is at the intersection of two ramps, and the Oompa camera. Has anyone else had this issue? Any tips on how to fix this issue?

#739 4 years ago

Thanks to Derek (aka: zaphX) for coming over tonight (right after setting up his own WW CE) and helping me setup my first pin purchase! His Escalera made the trek up to the game room 1000% easier!

Happy to report not a single issue out of the box with CE #30. Derek and I combed over it with a microscope, found no flaws and discovered no problems during play! Came preloaded w/ the latest 1.31 code.

Pictures just don't do a WW CE justice. The light show is dazzling! The game is beautiful, fun, great flow, and addictive to play! Topper looks nice to me but honestly you don't even really pay too much attention to it.

Feel like a kid in candy store and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Pictures to share (ignore my game room as it is in chaos as we are gutting and redoing):

IMG_1302 (resized).jpgIMG_1302 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1308 (resized).jpgIMG_1308 (resized).jpgIMG_1309 (resized).jpgIMG_1309 (resized).jpgIMG_1311 (resized).jpgIMG_1311 (resized).jpgIMG_1313 (resized).jpgIMG_1313 (resized).jpgIMG_3588 (resized).JPGIMG_3588 (resized).JPGIMG_1317 (resized).jpgIMG_1317 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpgIMG_1323 (resized).jpgIMG_1326 (resized).jpgIMG_1326 (resized).jpgIMG_1341 (resized).jpgIMG_1341 (resized).jpgIMG_1330 (resized).jpgIMG_1330 (resized).jpgIMG_1344 (resized).jpgIMG_1344 (resized).jpgIMG_1333 (resized).jpgIMG_1333 (resized).jpgIMG_1351 (resized).jpgIMG_1351 (resized).jpgIMG_1357 (resized).jpgIMG_1357 (resized).jpgIMG_1362 (resized).jpgIMG_1362 (resized).jpgIMG_1369 (resized).jpgIMG_1369 (resized).jpgIMG_1367 (resized).jpgIMG_1367 (resized).jpgIMG_1372 (resized).jpgIMG_1372 (resized).jpgIMG_1375 (resized).jpgIMG_1375 (resized).jpgIMG_1363 (resized).jpgIMG_1363 (resized).jpgIMG_1364 (resized).jpgIMG_1364 (resized).jpgIMG_1366 (resized).jpgIMG_1366 (resized).jpgIMG_1376 (resized).jpgIMG_1376 (resized).jpgIMG_3589 (resized).JPGIMG_3589 (resized).JPG

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Thanks to Derek (aka: zaphX) for coming over tonight (right after setting up his own WW CE) and helping me setup my first pin purchase!

I was happy to do it and glad we got it done tonight. You’ve waited long enough!

#741 4 years ago

Quick one! Lights below pinmachine and in topper is constantly flickering. Is it suppose to be like that, if not any ideas how to solve it?

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was happy to do it and glad we got it done tonight. You’ve waited long enough!

Derek is awesome. He gave me a free fix-it kit and a bonus bottle of whiskey... PRO.

#743 4 years ago

I am getting my WWCF CE delivered tomorrow, looking forward to it!!!

#744 4 years ago

My WWCE will ship tomorrow from Automated Services via ABF Freight. How long does it usually take for them to ground ship from Milford, CT to San Francisco, CA? I'm so excited!!

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

ABF Freight. How long does it usually take for them to ground ship from Milford, CT to San Francisco, CA?

ABF should have a website and area to find time estimates from point a to destination. Might not include holidays or weekends.

LTG : )

#746 4 years ago

Automated Services via ABF Freight.

Automated should give you a tracking number to check on the ABF website.

LTG : )

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is the first time I have used these. I put it on with the U shape at the bottom. The left side the ball would get stuck. I pushed it in some more and now it sticks a little less. Any trick on installing these properly? I’m sure it’s not rocket science cause the right side is fine.

#748 4 years ago

My WWCE will ship tomorrow from Automated Services via ABF Freight. How long does it usually take for them to ground ship from Milford, CT to San Francisco, CA? I'm so excited!!

They shipped mine from jjp via fedex to Vegas was about 9 days with some weather delays.

9AF34BD2-B6EF-448A-9674-EA8632F08058 (resized).jpeg9AF34BD2-B6EF-448A-9674-EA8632F08058 (resized).jpeg
#749 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is the first time I have used these. I put it on with the U shape at the bottom. The left side the ball would get stuck. I pushed it in some more and now it sticks a little less. Any trick on installing these properly? I’m sure it’s not rocket science cause the right side is fine.

Yeah you want the U shape at the top (or put another way the open end at the bottom.)

Otherwise yes, you get stuck balls.

I made the same mistake on my SE. I was able to pull them up with dental floss and flip them around.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah you want the U shape at the top (or put another way the open end at the bottom.)
Otherwise yes, you get stuck balls.
I made the same mistake on my SE. I was able to pull them up with dental floss and flip them around.

Ya I have them installed right but once every few games depending on how fast that ball is moving it will hang up. I’ll mess with it some more tomorrow. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/15?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.