wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 19.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It's not imo..keep balls changed and game clean and waxed and it sld be fine for the long haul

Tru dat

#652 4 years ago

Anybody with a newer run of SE,LE or the very new CE what are your playfields looking like?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody with a newer run of SE,LE or the very new CE what are your playfields looking like?

I have an LE with a mid October production date. No sign of clear coat pooling or anything coming up. I have an insane amount of dimpling though and some wear on the left lane ball drop before I put the cliffy down. Some quirky wonkavator issues but all in all no other issues.

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks stunning.
Is there much stuff to remove to install a protector?
Where do you Buy the protector, if you Dont mind me asking?

Why? Horrible decision. See above

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? Horrible decision. See above

Might be.
I played an Iron Maiden last week. Good game with fun shots, but the surface looked lika a golf Ball.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Might be.
I played an Iron Maiden last week. Good game with fun shorts, but the surface looked lika a golf Ball.

I have yet to see any location pin that doesn't have massive dimpling.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have yet to see any location pin that doesn't have massive dimpling.

Just to add here I've kept the playfield clean and waxed and have changed the balls a few times already.

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Just to add here I've kept the playfield clean and waxed and have changed the balls a few times already.

My SE has a Oct.30 date and I haven’t seen any dimpling or any playfield problems.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My SE has a Oct.30 date and I haven’t seen any dimpling or any playfield problems.

Interesting. How many plays do you have?

#660 4 years ago

Interesting. How many plays do you have?

I think around a couple hundred,I’ve been playing a lot since I’ve had it,my B/W’s are getting nervous thinking about TS

#661 4 years ago

That's what I did to my Wonka SE as well and I felt like it looked great up until the day it left after 5000 plays.
Pins on location get a different kind of beating, and not enough love.

I clean mine a couple times per week.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's what I did to my Wonka SE as well and I felt like it looked great up until the day it left after 5000 plays.

Soon the CE will be in your house,let us know how that playfield is.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Soon the CE will be in your house,let us know how that playfield is.

Yes I've seen your multiple posts on the topic. I am sure they will be fine.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes I've seen your multiple posts on the topic. I am sure they will be fine.

Yeah I guess I was alittle exciting when I got my second SE and it looked so much better then the first one!

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

5000 plays.....WOW!

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

5000 plays.....WOW!

It is a testament to several things:

- How engaging the game is, keeping us coming back over and over
- How difficult the game is, with shorter ball times
- How badly we play

However I will say playing Wonka definitely made both of us better players at all pinball. We are eagerly awaiting our CE.

Seriously though the playfield looked great, see pics:

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is a testament to several things:
- How engaging the game is, keeping us coming back over and over
- How difficult the game is, with shorter ball times
- How badly we play
However I will say playing Wonka definitely made both of us better players at all pinball. We are eagerly awaiting our CE.
Seriously though the playfield looked great, see pics:

Archived after 18 days

Sold elsewhere

Machine - For Sale

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Standard)

Archived

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “This game has been in my home gameroom since unboxing.
I am selling this machine to upgrade to the CE!

It has been cleaned and waxed regularly, balls changed frequently, and has b...”

2019-10-30

Frisco, TX

zaphX

You certainly get your money’s worth out of a game bravo to that. Curious not intended to bash a title but have you ever bought a title that you or your wife didn’t click with and flipped it fast or do you stay the coarse? I’ve had a few like Munsters and BKLE that I almost felt violated on the buying decision lol.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You certainly get your money’s worth out of a game bravo to that. Curious not intended to bash a title but have you ever bought a title that you or your wife didn’t click with and flipped it fast or do you stay the coarse? I’ve had a few like Munsters and BKLE that I almost felt violated on the buying decision lol.

Violated?

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure, we got a JP Pro in August and it left last weekend along with Wonka. It didn't resonate with her, and while I liked it, after ~900 plays I got to a state where I just wasn't turning it on enough. All we wanted to play was Wonka, so it funded the upgrade to CE.

It went to a great guy who is enjoying it.

We don't really play Star Wars any more either, but I have a soft spot for that one. It was my first pin, the one that got me interested in pinball, and the wife is a HUGE fan of the IP. That said even she suggests we sell it from time to time. For now it stays, it's just in a different room.

#670 4 years ago

Lol. Meaning I felt robbed making such a horrible buying decision. My fault assuming the game would be more fun after only trying it a few times expecting it will somehow get better.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Meaning I felt robbed making such a horrible buying decision. My fault assuming the game would be more fun after only trying it a few times expecting it will somehow get better.

I'm just goofing I knew what you meant we've all done it

#672 4 years ago

Its 1:20 AM -- I am bored.....Wonder if the freight company will contact me on the game - Like to have it set up over the thankgiving holiday and enjoy it till I have to break it down and get the mods put on and the door and other parts over to Matt to be powder coated

Happy Thanksgiving week to everyone

#673 4 years ago

I got to get my #1 MMr as well this week. Kind of on the bubble on this one - I think I will sell my other MMr that one I just have one of these on the floor or should I just keep the #1 MMr boxed up - its got the prototype topper as well that came with the JDRF Auction that I won.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I got to get my #1 MMr as well this week. Kind of on the bubble on this one - I think I will sell my other MMr that one I just have one of these on the floor or should I just keep the #1 MMr boxed up - its got the prototype topper as well that came with the JDRF Auction that I won.

I dont like keeping games boxed up - but should hold some value if I do - Maybe - But I just trying to make room for games and to have two of these - I rather have the #1 on the floor to play but ...its #1...So what do you all think?

#675 4 years ago

Keep and play one of the mmr and sell the other.. no need to have 2 unless its kept somewhere else

#676 4 years ago

I dont like keeping games boxed up - but should hold some value if I do - Maybe - But I just trying to make room for games and to have two of these - I rather have the #1 on the floor to play but ...its #1...So what do you all think?

If you open it, a new standard applies. PinballStar will try selling you two CE’s of every title. You‘ll have to start calling Joe twice a day. You may qualify for quantity discount from Back Alley powder coating services.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn man,is that the largest slot car track in the world?That CE looks beeeutiful!

It is a Blue King 155 feet long.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks stunning.
Is there much stuff to remove to install a protector?
Where do you Buy the protector, if you Dont mind me asking?

I don’t know how much need to be removed yet(just got the protector today.

I get them from the manufacture in Germany.

#679 4 years ago

Delivery appointment scheduled from my shipping carrier... Getting excited now...

Jeff

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Delivery appointment scheduled from my shipping carrier... Getting excited now...
Jeff

fd8e3ee0da0bb3c2ba1cfae7b318444c.jpgfd8e3ee0da0bb3c2ba1cfae7b318444c.jpg
#681 4 years ago

#12 will be here today between 10 and 1 PM

Well, i think it will be #12

#682 4 years ago

#12 will be here today between 10 and 1 PM
Well, i think it will be #12

There are 3 toilets backed up at the Steak and Shake in Bloomington Normal. Can you come over at 10 am to poke at the problem. Should be done by 4 pm. Thanks.

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are 3 toilets backed up at the Steak and Shake in Bloomington Normal. Can you come over at 10 am to poke at the problem. Should be done by 4 pm. Thanks.

I'm actually hiring homeless people to poop there all day - you're screwed Richie !

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'm actually hiring homeless people to poop there all day - you're screwed Richie !

Feed them 2-day-old Chipotle first.....

#685 4 years ago

My CE just shipped hopefully I will have it in the house before Saturday, going out of town for a week. Man!! Fingers crossed!

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

My CE just shipped hopefully I will have it in the house before Saturday, going out of town for a week. Man!! Fingers crossed!

Well, I'm coming over to play yours then!

#687 4 years ago

I may have to set up a get together with some TX pinsider's you'd be more than welcome!

#688 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!

okay ready for next CE.

also got the MMr #1 in today as well.

Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12 if anyone might be interested.

20191126_115913 (resized).jpg20191126_115913 (resized).jpg20191126_115922 (resized).jpg20191126_115922 (resized).jpg20191126_115929 (resized).jpg20191126_115929 (resized).jpg20191126_115952 (resized).jpg20191126_115952 (resized).jpg20191126_124449 (resized).jpg20191126_124449 (resized).jpg20191126_152538 (resized).jpg20191126_152538 (resized).jpg20191126_152544 (resized).jpg20191126_152544 (resized).jpg20191126_152555 (resized).jpg20191126_152555 (resized).jpg20191126_152602 (resized).jpg20191126_152602 (resized).jpg
#689 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!

okay ready for next CE.

Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12 if anyone might be interested.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Happy Thanksgiving !

LTG : )

#690 4 years ago

Sweet just got word mine went out today as well. Wonder how long it takes to get to the west coast.

#691 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.
Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12

Congrats Richie, Beautiful CE

#692 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.
Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12 if anyone might be interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a awesome day.. enjoy wonka.. I believe u will love it.

#693 4 years ago

So much envy. Waiting for my CE is really tough.

#694 4 years ago

I know this is a Wonka CE thread and I’m patiently waiting for one ! Beautiful MMR

I’m waiting for a couple Royal editions I didn’t know the display and toppers were
Released? Be a long time before MM is
Dethroned if ever.

#695 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.
Looking to sell my other MMr LE #12 if anyone might be interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious, in your persistent nightly calls to Joe do you think he ever questions the irony that You live in a place named Normal Illinois??? Lol. Congrats

#696 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.

Super congrats, hope it´s all you wanted and more.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, in your persistent nightly calls to Joe do you think he ever questions the irony that You live in a place named Normal Illinois??? Lol. Congrats

When he first told me his address when he bought his first game I was like ‘you need to move’

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

When he first told me his address when he bought his first game I was like ‘you need to move’

Yes, possibly Abe-normal is the next town over. Lol

#699 4 years ago

ITS HERE......!!!!!
okay ready for next CE.

How does the light under the cabinet look?

#700 4 years ago

#024 came yesterday. It is gorgeous! The colors are amazing. The sparkle on the playfield is really cool, as is the powder coat. Thanks to Pinballer22 who helped with set up and putting a playfield protector on. Game plays great with no problems at all. Thanks to Joe PinballSTAR for getting the game to me before Thanksgiving. Looking forward to a long weekend of Wonka.

coming off truck (resized).jpgcoming off truck (resized).jpgJustin cutting open box (resized).jpgJustin cutting open box (resized).jpgin bag (resized).jpgin bag (resized).jpgon pallett (resized).jpgon pallett (resized).jpgeverything off playfield (resized).jpgeverything off playfield (resized).jpgunder side of playfield (resized).jpgunder side of playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpgside view (resized).jpgside view (resized).jpgMonitor (resized).jpgMonitor (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 64.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/14?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.