wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 19.
#601 4 years ago

Hey Richie. Since the topper is a 'disappointment', are the other differences worth $3000 more than a LE? I mean glitter on a playfield, RADCALS, some added voice call outs, under cabinet lights and to some, a better looking cabinet art package all for just "a few dollars more". Am I missing something? FWIW, I switched my CE order to an LE after I saw the abysmal excuse for a topper. I just could not see the requisite value to justify the extra dollars for the CE. But, no sarcasm intended, enjoy your CE!

#602 4 years ago

The topper design looks fine to me. Gene Wilder's face is all over the pinball already. Like all sides of the pinball (Even the pinblades)! It's alright not to have his face on the topper as well. LOL. Also, I think the swirl on the backglass continues onto the topper. It makes sense not to put him on the topper as well.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Richie. Since the topper is a 'disappointment', are the other differences worth $3000 more than a LE? I mean glitter on a playfield, RADCALS, some added voice call outs, under cabinet lights and to some, a better looking cabinet art package all for just "a few dollars more". Am I missing something? FWIW, I switched my CE order to an LE after I saw the abysmal excuse for a topper. I just could not see the requisite value to justify the extra dollars for the CE. But, no sarcasm intended, enjoy your CE!

I think the value of the CE is completely subjective, but if I had the money I would be a buyer. The additional cost doesn't really add up, but the uniqueness factor makes these special. DI was a joke of a CE, but was the trial of making that edition. Potc was amazing as a CE and totally different, and Wonka CE is absolutely stunning. All the LE versions are beautiful, great, and the way I go, but if I had the money the CE versions are sweet, but not technically worth it IMO.
I keep waiting to see some unboxings of this gorgeous game.

#604 4 years ago

Anyone have any reliable info on when these are shipping? Don’t want to start pestering Zack at flip n out just yet.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

This picture is just amazing - really going to be neat to have it on the wall - I just love how he catches the reflection and when you stare at it - it draws you into the game - Just really cool and it was a for a good cause - so I went for it and just got lucky that I got it - Had to place a bid at last minute and went $300 higher to help seal the deal - Again good cause -- Project Pinball.[quoted image]

You are a good man Richie Wrench! This hobby is lucky to have you! I hope to meet you one day and shake your hand!

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

U can ask this same question about the le and stern premiums and le's . Everyone is different and sees different things they like and value more.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Anyone have any reliable info on when these are shipping? Don’t want to start pestering Zack at flip n out just yet.

Just text him after midnight he loves it! lol Truthfully he loves the client communication to make sure you're happy so I doubt he would feel pestered.

#608 4 years ago

Ok one last topper suggestion

If your going to put a topper on a game
At this day and age it should be tied into
Game play ! Instead of a laser cut piece
Of plastic and a $2 led bulb from China
Attract modes ? Whatever happened to those ?

#609 4 years ago

Zach told me yesterday I’m looking at a week to two weeks so I’m super excited to get this game. The theme will be a hit with the family especially my wife.

#610 4 years ago

I got info CE will ship to Sweden TOMORROW with airline!!! Topper is OK

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You are a good man Richie Wrench! This hobby is lucky to have you! I hope to meet you one day and shake your hand!

Thanks - I will be at Expo 2020 and I am always around Normal, IL. Other than that - I am always working hard on my plumbing jobs. Now in about 15 minutes I will text Joe on an update on my CE#12 -- Now, will he respond - LETS SEE. He might have the Richie Wrench Ringer Tone turned off.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Okay -- Here is my take on this - EVERYONE KNOWS MY STANCE ON THE COIN DOOR (enough said), but I think you get the side art and playfield art that is different (granted its not a POTC CE, But it is different and more than just sprinkles - it is different just not as much as the POTC CE.

The real big failure here was ALL THE HYPE - The big reveal and then to have the let down on the CE - Then the WAIT - Then the playfield issues - Then the final unveiling of the CE - I think its a winner and even though its not a POTC CE. It worth the cost for me only because I can afford it and work hard extra night to make sure that I can make those payments. I think it was HUGE MISTAKE on the 500 CE's. I really think JJP is nuts thinking that 500 of these are going to be sold - I hope someday that someone tells me that I am wrong - But the problem is will they sell 500 of these within a year. Here is why, I say that - There are going to be those that will by their CE model and as time goes by - Will sell there CE with all the mods on it and the powder coated coindoor, Etc....and what do you think that CE model will sell for? I say you be luck to get 9,000 for that game and that is with you already putting in maybe 1500 to over 2000 in the game on top of the 12,500 already paid for this game.

But -- On my POTC CE - I have over $2,500 in mods on this game and if I wanted to sell my POTC CE for 15,000 - I PROMISE YOU that I WOULD HAVE IT SOLD IN 48 HOURS - I just don't think the WWCF CE will have that resell value - But I am not here to make profit to break even - I love pinball and I love JJP games - I only hope that they will learn from this one and make the next one even better and learn how maybe a little extra effort on the topper or maybe add some powder coating to A FREAKIN COIN DOOR - can add value and help keep those CE owners or attract and first time CE Owner.

It comes down to each person - I have come to learn that and for me I like the more rare items. Good example is my MAFIA game - I love it - Its simple and only two of them in the USA - okay - was not a big hit, price was maybe high - But I got it a great price and like the original art. I actually like my MAFIA.

So lets see what happens - Its not that I dont want JJP to sell all 500 CE Games - I just don't see the passion on this game a wide spread as it was on POTC CE - but, I hope I am wrong - Because it really is a beautiful game and plays awesome and for me it is worth the extra cost. I got the mods all ready to go and Matt @ Back Alley is already got the powder ready to go as soon as I send him my coin door and accessories.

#613 4 years ago

Shhhh...I sent text to JOE......No reply yet

#614 4 years ago

Still NO REPLY -- He really must be sleeping

#616 4 years ago

Okay -- Here is my take on this - EVERYONE KNOWS MY STANCE ON THE COIN DOOR (enough said), but I think you get the side art and playfield art that is different (granted its not a POTC CE, But it is different and more than just sprinkles - it is different just not as much as the POTC CE.
The real big failure here was ALL THE HYPE - The big reveal and then to have the let down on the CE - Then the WAIT - Then the playfield issues - Then the final unveiling of the CE - I think its a winner and even though its not a POTC CE. It worth the cost for me only because I can afford it and work hard extra night to make sure that I can make those payments. I think it was HUGE MISTAKE on the 500 CE's. I really think JJP is nuts thinking that 500 of these are going to be sold - I hope someday that someone tells me that I am wrong - But the problem is will they sell 500 of these within a year. Here is why, I say that - There are going to be those that will by their CE model and as time goes by - Will sell there CE with all the mods on it and the powder coated coindoor, Etc....and what do you think that CE model will sell for? I say you be luck to get 9,000 for that game and that is with you already putting in maybe 1500 to over 2000 in the game on top of the 12,500 already paid for this game.
But -- On my POTC CE - I have over $2,500 in mods on this game and if I wanted to sell my POTC CE for 15,000 - I PROMISE YOU that I WOULD HAVE IT SOLD IN 48 HOURS - I just don't think the WWCF CE will have that resell value - But I am not here to make profit to break even - I love pinball and I love JJP games - I only hope that they will learn from this one and make the next one even better and learn how maybe a little extra effort on the topper or maybe add some powder coating to A FREAKIN COIN DOOR - can add value and help keep those CE owners or attract and first time CE Owner.
It comes down to each person - I have come to learn that and for me I like the more rare items. Good example is my MAFIA game - I love it - Its simple and only two of them in the USA - okay - was not a big hit, price was maybe high - But I got it a great price and like the original art. I actually like my MAFIA.
So lets see what happens - Its not that I dont want JJP to sell all 500 CE Games - I just don't see the passion on this game a wide spread as it was on POTC CE - but, I hope I am wrong - Because it really is a beautiful game and plays awesome and for me it is worth the extra cost. I got the mods all ready to go and Matt @ Back Alley is already got the powder ready to go as soon as I send him my coin door and accessories.

What the ce-game needed was an additional mech and an interactive cool topper.

What the ce didn´t need was rumors of bubbly playfield and an eternity to get delivered.

Get stuff right and 500 would surely be out the door in no-time.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

What the ce didn´t need was rumors of bubbly playfield and an eternity to get delivered.

My SE is born on date of October 30 and the playfield is perfect,I wonder if the CE’s are like mine since it’s later.

#618 4 years ago

So are you saying you don't think 500 will sell because you don't think there will be demand for them on the second hand market?

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Agreed. I had a deposit on a CE and was underwhelmed when it was finally revealed. It's a beautiful pin, but I couldn't justify the price for the CE package.

It's a great shooting pin, but I only have so much room and have a great shooter in AFMrLE. I ended up buying a new WOZ RR from the limited run JJP did in September and I'd like to buy Toy Story when JJP produces that in 2020/2021.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

So are you saying you don't think 500 will sell because you don't think there will be demand for them on the second hand market?

Quoted from adamross:

Quoted from adamross:

I hope they sell them all....I really do. I just think it takes the Limited out of the equation. Inwould have done 250...but maybe there is a high demand and people will love the gameplay and how beautiful the game is even without the powder coindoor.

#621 4 years ago

I hope they sell them all....I really do. I just think it takes the Limited out of the equation. Inwould have done 250...but maybe there is a high demand and people will love the gameplay and how beautiful the game is even without the powder coindoor.

I’ve been playing an SE since July. The gameplay is great and very challenging. It has made me a better pinball player. Super addictive too. We can’t wait for the CE!

#622 4 years ago

Willy Wonka CE #12

The Pinside bidding starts at $ 1...

Who will be the lucky winner of the most talked about game ever... he’s in / he’s out / he bought $ 1,000 of mods, he’s back in... This game has had some serious emotional ups and downs - who’s gonna give this non-powdered coated coin door beauty the love it deserves ?

53BD1817-46BF-44DE-9596-4DFE6D07DC84 (resized).jpeg53BD1817-46BF-44DE-9596-4DFE6D07DC84 (resized).jpeg
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12
Who will be the lucky winner of the most talked about game ever... he’s in / he’s out / he bought $ 1,000 of mods, he’s back in... This game has had some serious emotional ups and downs - who’s gonna give this non-powdered coated coin door beauty the love it deserves ?[quoted image]

I’ll pass. That’s the one you said fell off over and they painted the Playfield with crayons as they were out of ink. The Crayon Edition.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12
Who will be the lucky winner of the most talked about game ever... he’s in / he’s out / he bought $ 1,000 of mods, he’s back in... This game has had some serious emotional ups and downs - who’s gonna give this non-powdered coated coin door beauty the love it deserves ?[quoted image]

I'll bid $5 please? LOL

Saw the post this morning from JJP on Facebook... I wonder what my CE number is going to be...??? Not that I care per say but just curious... Just waiting for that email from my distributor regarding shipping...

Jeff

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12

I'll go $6. It looks like JJP went back to the normal size pallets to ship them on. The oversized pallet that my LE came on probably didn't help much as it had shifted to one side of it. The smaller size will keep it in place better on the pallet. Just an observation.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12

How do I know that's just not game #2 with a 1 slapped on it????

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12

Oh man I'm in, bidding $12. Is shipping included?

#628 4 years ago

Haha trolling on social media at its finest. Posted to Facebook.

101AD8A2-2410-4215-878E-52CAC05494B8 (resized).jpeg101AD8A2-2410-4215-878E-52CAC05494B8 (resized).jpeg
#629 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Willy Wonka CE #12

LMFAO...

#630 4 years ago

Got a call a little bit ago about mine, may ship today, could be Monday but it's close... VERY EXCITED!!!!

Jeff

#631 4 years ago

144 is here arrived yesterday beautiful looking game love the sparkling paint effect.
Now if only I had not forgotten to order that playfield protector I would be playing right now instead of typing ☹️

5FE1F007-7093-4944-8E46-CD773EAA1C63 (resized).jpeg5FE1F007-7093-4944-8E46-CD773EAA1C63 (resized).jpeg
#632 4 years ago

Just maybe. The high bidder is your secret santa ( if you signed up ) and wants to gift you #12 ?

LTG : )

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

144 is here arrived yesterday beautiful looking game love the sparkling paint effect.
Now if only I had not forgotten to order that playfield protector I would be playing right now instead of typing ☹️[quoted image]

Snap, I guess they headed overseas first!

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Snap, I guess they headed overseas first!

That's usually the case. Shouldn't be long for domestic games.

#635 4 years ago

Not for a CE. Anyone in the San Diego area that could help on a LE. Ball sticking by return lane, and level the game ? Or know a tech in the area to contact ?

Thank you.

#636 4 years ago

Shipping confirmed.

Jeff

#637 4 years ago

Here's what I don't get with this logic (I've heard it on the K podcast too). We think that they should only make 250 CEs because it would ramp up demand so that they would be more likely to sell out but they won't sell out 500 because it's not limited enough. That might be true, but from Jersey Jack's perspective isn't it better to sell 260 than 250 despite not being able to say it sold out? Or are we saying they won't sell 250 now, where they would have if it had been limited to that number in the first place (certainly possible).

I guess I think the question isn't whether they will sell 500 but if they will sell more than 250.

#638 4 years ago

Hopefully one of those boxes is #288. I sent several emails to my distributor but haven't heard back from them in weeks...

#639 4 years ago

Now if only I had not forgotten to order that playfield protector I would be playing right now instead of typing ☹️[quoted image]

Single coin chute ? That’s new

#640 4 years ago

Joe and I made a deal for #12 already a while ago.

ADAD18FB-248F-43C5-B6B2-5D69152E9AFF (resized).jpegADAD18FB-248F-43C5-B6B2-5D69152E9AFF (resized).jpeg
#641 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joe and I made a deal for #12 already a while ago.[quoted image]

Wait, he sold #12 to me!! What the hell??

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Single coin chute ? That’s new

For some export games. Probably an electronic coin mech inside. Been used on games for many, many years.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

Hopefully one of those boxes is #288. I sent several emails to my distributor but haven't heard back from them in weeks...

That because your not calling him or her at 3 AM.....Try it, ITS WORKS FOR ME.

#644 4 years ago

Damn man,is that the largest slot car track in the world?That CE looks beeeutiful!

#645 4 years ago

That because your not calling him or her at 3 AM.....Try it, ITS WORKS FOR ME.

LOL. If I harass them like that, they will push back the delivery date even more!

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Haha trolling on social media at its finest. Posted to Facebook.[quoted image]

Really cool
Looking at a line up of new pins
Crazy when you think where they will
All be in a few weeks .

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For some export games. Probably an electronic coin mech inside. Been used on games for many, many years.

Yes ! I should have looked at his location
I didn’t realize even games going to the home they would still use a different coin door over seas . Interesting, coin box is different too

#648 4 years ago

Looks stunning.
Is there much stuff to remove to install a protector?

Where do you Buy the protector, if you Dont mind me asking?

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Looks stunning.
Is there much stuff to remove to install a protector?
Where do you Buy the protector, if you Dont mind me asking?

Why is it that a protector overlay is even needed?Cant you just put a thin coat of wax on ?

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why is it that a protector overlay is even needed?Cant you just put a thin coat of wax on ?

It's not imo..keep balls changed and game clean and waxed and it sld be fine for the long haul

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 90.00
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
10,000 (Firm)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 32.99
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/13?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.