wonka.JPG
Richie Wrench Illustration Inks B (resized).jpg
C42C74E3-35E9-4C0B-87C2-1DB8A06EDC37 (resized).jpeg
31CABA93-CC57-476B-8408-C42B6AB42EB4 (resized).jpeg
0B46BCB0-A5AE-4213-883C-DCECF1D28FE4 (resized).jpeg
C15C0AA0-900A-4A42-97F0-D503FBFAB35D (resized).jpeg
ball through fix.jpg
wonka_opto5error (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
#501 4 years ago

Quoted from PtownPin:The positive: Love the red trim, shooter, play field, and art work
The Bad: The coin door looks out of place, and that topper is up to standard with the other Shitty JJP toppers....WOZ, and POTC LE toppers are embarrassing

YES -- The freakin coin door.....

I have been saying this for like YEARS!!!!!!!!!

But.....I am okay -- Not going to freak out -- Staying Calm......

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I agree - Its a plus - But the money needs to be on the playfield and the game. Agree - 1000%
Wait.....
and hopefully the Coin Door Someday....I say boycott the toppers and we need powder coindoors.
Now -- I will say this - I was talking to Ryan with CGC and he said that he was thinking of me when they came up with the Royal Editions of the MMr and those models will have their coin doors powder coated to match the trim......
HEY -- JJP!!!
CGC is making the move -- Lets make it happen on the next JJP game - Powder Coated Coin Doors for all CE Models

I’m ok with a matching coin door if the trim is a shade of black. Those bright colors. No thanks. Eye sore

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m ok with a matching coin door if the trim is a shade of black. Those bright colors. No thanks. Eye sore

I can see your point there --

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But the light show and sculpts on our MBRLE are awesome
I like it better than Afm topper myself but CGC blows em all out of the water

Dont get me wrong I like them both.....I just like how the AFMRLE topper interacts with the game (actually moves up and down)...

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dont get me wrong I like them both.....I just like how the AFMRLE topper interacts with the game (actually moves up and down)...

#506 4 years ago

YES -- The freakin coin door.....
I have been saying this for like YEARS!!!!!!!!!
But.....I am okay -- Not going to freak out -- Staying Calm......

Given that jjGnR trim will almost surely be some shade(s) of black, a matching coin door is already in the plan.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really surprised how many really care so much about toppers. I actually dont care for them and am completely happy without having them. If it comes with something thats cool ill use it ... but i dont go out of my way to get them. The game is on the playfield and thats where i want the bom spent.

^^^^^^^^
This!

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that jjGnR trim will almost surely be some shade(s) of black, a matching coin door is already in the plan.

wait......

this is a joke is some way -- Right????

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

^^^^^^^^
This!

#510 4 years ago

Happy your Happy about the Wonka CE I will tell you JJP makes really nice games....that Pirates game is gonna be hard to beat.

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Happy your Happy about the Wonka CE I will tell you JJP makes really nice games....that Pirates game is gonna be hard to beat.

#512 4 years ago

I hope they do the good news on POTCLE is the coin door matches the powder coating

#513 4 years ago

2 Weeks???
Was yours by any chance #198 -- That is the one that was at the show - So yep -- If yours is #198 -- It is ready to go.
I guess I can see them doing that on these coming out in the next few weeks. and if they are just making the 500 complete - They will be busy for a little while.
I just like to know for me personally down the road if JJP did sell all 500 and if they did how long before a distributor sits on them before taking a lost and selling them at a lower rate. But again I hope that they do sell all 500 -but I really do feel that they should have kept these at 200 or 250
But lets see how it goes - I got tine - I have a about 5 more hours before I send my Thank You text to Joe @ 3AM

I DO hope they send me a new one and not a USED one. As i understand it they start production today and send them with airline after 2 weeks.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

I DO hope they send me a new one and not a USED one. As i understand it they start production today and send them with airline after 2 weeks.

LOL -- It will be a new one for sure.

#515 4 years ago

That cheesy plastic topper on the CE is an embarrassment. Look what CGC does for a lot less...…..

#516 4 years ago

I'm waiting and watching this.... I've got Hobbit Smaug Gold and WOZ 75th Anniversary... looking to buy Wonka CE and Pirates CE.... but I don't want to get burned with Wonka.... seems that there's another 'higher' version of Pirates coming out, just like WOZ got the Yellow Brick Road edition AFTER the 75th WOZ was out for a while, so I'd hate to pay a premium just to have another 'more' limited edition game come out. Seeing that there are 500 in the CE makes me think there will be something higher and even more limited than the CE version, thoughts? I get that they need to make money but I do feel like this should be more transparent. Also with this Wonka game I'm really hoping the graphics are updated... I don't like the overly simplified graphic backgrounds against the modern-day overlay graphics... seems like they pushed that out really quickly. Would rather full screen the movie clips and just put the modern overlay on top of that, but not have those 'meh' graphics in the background...

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Also with this Wonka game I'm really hoping the graphics are updated... I don't like the overly simplified graphic backgrounds against the modern-day overlay graphics... seems like they pushed that out really quickly. Would rather full screen the movie clips and just put the modern overlay on top of that, but not have those 'meh' graphics in the background...

My first glance hot take was the same as yours. Over time as I started to learn just how much info is crammed into that screen, I really came to appreciate it.

You should check out the JJP session from last weekend's expo, they went into the many iterations and ideas they had to land where they did.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That cheesy plastic topper on the CE is an embarrassment. Look what CGC does for a lot less...…..

Cgc is also just remaking a allready designed pin.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first glance hot take was the same as yours. Over time as I started to learn just how much info is crammed into that screen, I really came to appreciate it.
You should check out the JJP session from last weekend's expo, they went into the many iterations and ideas they had to land where they did.

Link to session?

#522 4 years ago

Here's a funny one - Richie Wrench related...

Jack comes up to me at Expo - says 'OMG why weren't we thinking - if either of us thought about it we should have put the #12 plaque on the show game we have here at the show and just sit back and wait for Richie to notice or be told'... he'd think his game was getting the shit beat out of it at the show. Hilarious

Damn... missed opportunity to freak him out there ! But hilarious even JACK is thinking of ways to give Richie the business ! I found it more funny that there's Jack thinking of this stuff and not me moreso than the idea itself !

We both love him very much as you can tell... : )

#523 4 years ago

Really excited for this game. Love Lawlor. Love wonka. I ordered a CE ages ago. Have to say the price is stupid and the topper is junk, though. I think this money grab is probably not the best strategy for them, but who knows? The CE is a 10K game at best. But I’m looking forward anyway. Deadpool, Maiden, JP and Wonka. Good time for pinball!

#524 4 years ago

Very cool their incorporating auto update...also like the blue tooth headphone options. I get why Jack is frustrated with the clear coat issues, but was kind of dick when the guy asked him about the issue. Its mind boggling to me that he wouldn't just address the solution to the problem....pinball is a different world ... sometimes I don't get it.

#525 4 years ago

It’s a beautiful game and fun to flip, but can we stop pretending they have a chance to sell 500 at $12,500. We all get excited but the fear of missing out is detrimental to hobbyists. The game will be available for a long time.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from benbethel:

I'm waiting and watching this.... I've got Hobbit Smaug Gold and WOZ 75th Anniversary... looking to buy Wonka CE and Pirates CE.... but I don't want to get burned with Wonka.... seems that there's another 'higher' version of Pirates coming out, just like WOZ got the Yellow Brick Road edition AFTER the 75th WOZ was out for a while, so I'd hate to pay a premium just to have another 'more' limited edition game come out. Seeing that there are 500 in the CE makes me think there will be something higher and even more limited than the CE version, thoughts? I get that they need to make money but I do feel like this should be more transparent. Also with this Wonka game I'm really hoping the graphics are updated... I don't like the overly simplified graphic backgrounds against the modern-day overlay graphics... seems like they pushed that out really quickly. Would rather full screen the movie clips and just put the modern overlay on top of that, but not have those 'meh' graphics in the background...

Sorry confused by many of your views? There are no more Pirates CE’s so I suspect you can cross that off your list and they have made it fairly clear there will not be anymore. Miracle maybe but my bet says sadly no. On the 500 CE Wonka, what that says unlike Pirates is that they will sell these for a long time unlike Pirates and again doubt they will make another “higher” version then the CE. Hasn’t happened to date on a CE model and suspect it won’t. Hobbit nor WOZ had a top end CE. As for art... that’s the finished art for certain and I would call a Year to release far from rushed but again just my opinion.

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

It’s a beautiful game and fun to flip, but can we stop pretending they have a chance to sell 500 at $12,500. We all get excited but the fear of missing out is detrimental to hobbyists. The game will be available for a long time.

Sending my payment in full tomorrow so 499 more to go.

#528 4 years ago

WWCF CE is a beautiful pin. Happy for those that buy one, it'll be a great addition to their collections.

IMHO, there's not enough to the CE to justify the upcharge cost from the LE.

#529 4 years ago

VERY LONG TIME .......VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME......But Hey If you want one 5 years from now or 50 years from now for a NIB game - It will be there.....But it still is a very nice beautiful game. I love it and to me its worth it the extra cost - Yes I do wish that done a few other things different in regards to the Limited Numbers and the topper and the Coin Door - But cant have it all our way.

I have drank the Kool Aid and I am drunk with Joy.

Now -- I got to go take a piss.....Be back in touch soon.

#530 4 years ago

FOMO is somebody else's problem.

If JJP can't come close to selling 500 CE's then i guess there is no "Fomo" right? LOL

Yeah i agree, I have a CE coming one day whenever it gets built by JJP, and never even close, ever on 500.

The funny thing is, the fact that 500 COULD be made will keep those totals from ever being made. Unlike POTCCE, "limited" means "limited" and its a true CE.

The greed factor, yet Jack will never seem to understand that.

#531 4 years ago

VERY LONG TIME .......VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME......But Hey If you want one 5 years from now or 50 years from now for a NIB game - It will be there.....But it still is a very nice beautiful game. I love it and to me its worth it the extra cost - Yes I do wish that done a few other things different in regards to the Limited Numbers and the topper and the Coin Door - But cant have it all our way.
I have drank the Kool Aid and I am drunk with Joy.
Now -- I got to go take a piss.....Be back in touch soon.

What's your favorite CE feature? Surely it can't be the topper.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's your favorite CE feature? Surely it can't be the topper.

I think the whole package is beautiful.... art, powder coat playfield sparkle and radcals all just work well for a gorgeous pin.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope they do the good news on POTCLE is the coin door matches the powder coating

Just curious? I have s pirates CE which just to look at is drop dead gorgeous
When did JJP announce another pirates ?

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Sending my payment in full tomorrow so 499 more to go.

Make that 488 to go , sent payment today

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Make that 488 to go , sent payment today

Wow you bought 11. You must Love Wonka!

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow you bought 11. You must Love Wonka!

Ha ha 498

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just curious? I have s pirates CE which just to look at is drop dead gorgeous
When did JJP announce another pirates ?

They didn't ... I was half joking that the powder coating on the LE is black thus matching the standard coin door.

#538 4 years ago

I know of 3 going to Dallas!

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What are you buying a his/hers/and spare now? Lol. Team Zaphx really loves their pinball. Great thing!

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

1 in Pittsburgh. The topper is just OK. Not a show stopper for sure though. I was thinking about toppers in general and I think my favorite of pins I've had is WH2O. I never noticed it when I was playing though, but eye candy with the waterfall effect.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What are you buying a his/hers/and spare now? Lol. Team Zaphx really loves their pinball. Great thing!

Haha no, isn't it bad enough I'm buying the game twice? (SE->CE)

I know of two other locals with CE orders.

#542 4 years ago

I was wondering if there are any more pictures of the CE online? i have searched pinside and done google search, but no new images other than the ones posted last week. Thanks

#544 4 years ago

Might want to get rid of the graphic that talks about the topper that doesn’t exist...

Jeff

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Might want to get rid of the graphic that talks about the topper that doesn’t exist...
Jeff

True story

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Did they ever show or hint at what the "3D Wonkatania topper" was going to be, or was that just at the launch and never heard of again?

#547 4 years ago

If the Hobbit topper was ever actually made it would have been epic!

#548 4 years ago

Replica hat, engraved golden ticket and Wonka bar wrapper for a custom topper. Weighing in at just over $100, what could be better?
BEF33075-F202-413C-A600-F6E1860380DB.jpegBEF33075-F202-413C-A600-F6E1860380DB.jpeg.

3CFBD013-0BAE-4C07-ABB5-0EF9840B52F0 (resized).jpeg3CFBD013-0BAE-4C07-ABB5-0EF9840B52F0 (resized).jpeg

edit - 3d Wonkavator Topper could have been better.

#549 4 years ago

Wonkatania topper let's make this happen Pinside!

#550 4 years ago

The only way that would happen is if every CE buyer cancelled their order like I did. Just can't see paying so much more than an LE and not getting what was promised.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 64.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/11?hl=northstar1976 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.