Well I had a great time at the expo and I have definately spent alot money but all was for a good cause for the JDRF and Project Pinball and I still owe Joe money for the CE...LOL.
So what can I say about the CE now that I have seen it in person and we finally have it amoung us now.
First - Thanks to JJP and the team for a great show....Okay lets get into it
1. YES -- The freaking door needs to be powder coated -LOL - But I got that cover by Matt @ BackAlley
2. I think the numbers are high for 500 -- But I dont do this for money and all I know is that I will get #12 -- So what they make after that is up to them - But I do feel that CE Models should be limited to 200 or 250 -But again if JJP sells 500 of these - More power to them and I will be happy for JJP
3. Yes - the topper is weak or simple - But sometimes I just like it simple. I remember a time when toppers where over rated and no one really cared for them. Now with the POTC CE Topper and other greats like KIZZ and Black Knight, Attack from Mars Remake Topper and now the MMr Topper - Most feel that we have to expect the same on the new games. I kind of look at the topper as a PLUS or extra, But that is me.
4. The leg bolts stick out like a sore thumb - But again I got that cover with my buddy Matt @ BackAlley
So the bottom line is that -- I love it
1. The playfield is awesome and not just glitter - It is different and unique and there is some glitter as well.
2. The mirror black glass is awesome and is a nice touch
3. Software call outs is a plus
4. The color of the rails is awesome and you have to see it in person to really appreciate the color - It is stunning
5. There are other features that for me make it worth the exta cost(s) -- I come to learn that we will never be 100% happy on the games - I hope that JJP team and others will learn from the 500 units and we will see if the future CE models will be the same - maybe with GNR it will be possible but I just think it is high for me. But I was real happy on this game and it plays awesome and looks amazing - So for me the kids around the community here are going to love it and I have always been one for the best of the best.
Could it have been better?- Yes, on some levels - But it takes alot to make these games and I have always been a big fan of JJP. So I look forward to paying Joe my money and I hope to get mine before Christmas and after I get it and play it for a few days - I will ship my coindoor / trim / bolts, to Matt at BackAlley and get those back maybe before X-mas and have it all ready.
Then - I will be waiting for the next one that JJP comes out with next.
The excitement is.....What will be next?
20191017_180249_resized (resized).jpg20191018_165545_resized (resized).jpg20191018_165611_resized (resized).jpg20191018_165613_resized (resized).jpg20191019_200829_resized (resized).jpg20191019_213753_resized (resized).jpg