Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

161.jpg
162.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 12 years ago

The playfield looks really nice with the clearcoat on it. As was said in the update, it really brings out the color and detail.

#3 12 years ago

Game looks fantastic!

#4 12 years ago

I think this might be the 50th new WOZ topic today. Let's go for 100!

#5 12 years ago

May as well see it....

162.jpg162.jpg

#6 12 years ago

PinLord over at the WOZ group noticed that the Owl eyes light up

161.jpg161.jpg

#7 12 years ago

The playfield colors really pop much better in light rather than in a JPEG. It looks really good and we have not even seen it with other colorful things like the plastics and toys.

The bright flipper on the witches castle looks really good with the other colors on the upper playfield.

#8 12 years ago

The trees on the pop bumpers look great!

Jim

#10 12 years ago

Cool about the owl eyes lighting up. I also noticed that there are more inserts in the yellow brick road before the #1 insert than was shown in the artwork release.

There are a lot of inserts.

#11 12 years ago

I hadn't noticed the center post before. Haven't seen one in a while.

#12 12 years ago

Doesn't Spiderman have a center post ?

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Doesn't spiderman have a center post ?

Indeed it does.

#14 12 years ago

SM is from 2007, I would say that has been a while. There have been several pins since that time.

#15 12 years ago

That hat is probably gonna jump up off her head with a successful witch hit, thats pretty cool. Maybe it will hit the class like the hoppers.

#16 12 years ago

We took a shot of some production playfields in a final stage of the Clearcoat™ process which is proprietary to JJP. Clearcoat™ brings out all of the vivid colors and subtle detail that Greg Freres work creates and when it's complete there is a beautiful hard clear finish.

How can they TM the word clearcoat? Seems like it should be something not so common?

#18 12 years ago

Nice link B9

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

How can they TM the word clearcoat?

If I understand the process correctly it will only apply to pinball or coin-op whatever they are doing with the process. Harley tried to trademark HOG and failed because the word was too common and had been in use a long time. If Jack was able to do it he had to prove it in the paperwork.

If a car painter wanted to they could trademark it as well for their industry because they do not compete with JJP. Feel free to let me know if I do not have it right.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

PinLord over at the WOZ group noticed that the Owl eyes light up

I cant seem to find the owl. Where is it located?

#21 12 years ago

Look right above tin man's head to the left

#22 12 years ago

Thanks B9. Thats way cool. This pin has some tiny inserts. Hope they stay level until I become level.

#23 12 years ago

Those playfields aren't even cleared yet. What brings out the color is the technology they're using to print the playfields.

I can ony imagine what they'll look like when they ARE cleared.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Quoted from stangbat:

The playfield looks really nice with the clearcoat on it. As was said in the update, it really brings out the color and detail.

#24 12 years ago

Playfield looks cool

#25 12 years ago

This pin has officially blown me away and I haven't played it yet. B9, you so need to throw a party when you get this bad boy. Rascal and I will be over in a heart beat! When they put one on location let me know if you want to do a road trip to check it out...........Damn if I only had the nerve to spend $6500 on a machine.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

B9, you so need to throw a party when you get this bad boy. Rascal and I will be over in a heart beat!

I'll keep you in the loop on when it will arrives and you're welcome to come over and play

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Doesn't spiderman have a center post ?

Yes sir, love it...

#28 12 years ago

Looks pretty good.

#29 12 years ago

Can't wait to see this pin finished! Could this be a candidate for the Pinside Top 10...

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

Can't wait to see this pin finished! Could this be a candidate for the Pinside Top 10...

DEFINATLY!!

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

Unfortunately, the first 1000 raters will be the first owners who will be massively biased and will inflate the ratings, even if not intentionally. As an owner, myself, I'm sure I'll be part to blame in this.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Medieval_Gofers said:

Unfortunately, the first 1000 raters will be the first owners who will be massively biased and will inflate the ratings, even if not intentionally. As an owner, myself, I'm sure I'll be part to blame in this.

I don't think that is all true. For example, if you look at the AC/DC and TF ratings they were not great initially. I think most people that have ordered WOZ typically own other good machines and will certainly compare WOZ to those other machines and give it a fair rating. I know that if WOZ is not better than my LOTR and SM then I do not want it to be rated better than them. I do however hope that WOZ is as good and even better than those machines, but time will tell.

#33 12 years ago

Pin ratings are so subjective why worry about it? Your top ten is not mine and at some point a pinhead needs to stop worrying about what others like. Why a game is liked or disliked can be helpful but I frankly don't waste my time worrying if WOZ is going to rate high.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Pin ratings are so subjective why worry about it? Your top ten is not mine and at some point a pinhead needs to stop worrying about what others like. Why a game is liked or disliked can be helpful but I frankly don't waste my time worrying if WOZ is going to rate high.

+1

#35 12 years ago

TaylorVA said:

+2

#36 12 years ago

I wouldn't worry about the ratings either...because I can't stand a few of the top 15....but it does represent the overall consensus...

#37 12 years ago

http://pinside.com/bbpress/my-plugins/bb-smilies/pinside/icon_smile.gif

Quoted from iceman44:

I wouldn't worry about the ratings either...because I can't stand a few of the top 15....but it does represent the overall consensus...

Yeah, I enjoy Scared Stiff much better than Creature, TZ or TAF. To each his or her own! One mans lemon is anothers lemonade.

#38 12 years ago

Another thing about ratings, they don't distinguish between a game that takes dozens and dozens of plays to get into like TZ, LOTR, or TSPP, versus a game that you can play a few times and get into like MM or MB for example. The games that need more play to understand and know what you are doing are going to rate well with owners if the game is good, but probably not as high with the casual player that just gets to play one at a bowling alley a few times.
That is one big reason why MM draws people in so easily. A fan layout has very little to confuse the average player. LOTR is sort of a fan layout but has complicated rules to give it staying power. I always tell new players to shoot for the flashing lights even if they do not know what they are doing.

#39 12 years ago

I agree ratings are subjective.
I made the mistake of buying a monster bash. Supposedly a GREAT GAME!

What a huge 7500 dollar mistake!

After only 20-25 games I had beat it. I thought "that can't be all"
So I set it as hard as it could get and I still beat it in about 10 games.

I was so pissed off, I dragged it outside, beat it to death with a axe and lit it on fire!

Wow! What a stinky mess.
So learn from my mistakes, go with what you like, not what people think!
I LOVE cirquis voltaire. had one for about 3 years, only made it to wizard mode about 3 times.
I accomplished the wizard mode only once!
I suck or it is a tough game. Whatever
I like a good theme and a deep rule set
Peoples opinions are to be taken with a ton of salt. I myself, am full of shit!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from marvdom:

I agree ratings are subjective.
I made the mistake of buying a Monster Bash. Supposedly a GREAT GAME!
I was so pissed off, I dragged it outside, beat it to death with a axe and lit it on fire!
Wow! What a stinky mess.
I LOVE cirquis voltaire. had one for about 3 years, only made it to wizard mode about 3 times.

That is funny cause my experience was just the opposite. Of the hundreds if games played on MB, I have yet to collect all the instruments. However I beat CV, twice in my first dozen games.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

marvdom said:I agree ratings are subjective.
I made the mistake of buying a Monster Bash. Supposedly a GREAT GAME!
Wow! What a stinky mess.
That is funny cause my experience was just the opposite. Of the hundreds if games played on MB, I have yet to collect all the instruments. However I beat CV, twice in my first dozen games.

When you say you beat CV did you beat all levels of the wizard modes?

#43 12 years ago

Of the hundreds if games played on MB, I have yet to collect all the instruments. However I beat CV, twice in my first dozen games.

Agreed. I can get to Bash like 35-40% of the time but I've yet to get all the instruments. Though I only get to play on location and I haven't put nearly the amount of time I'd like to in.

#44 12 years ago

I don't see how anyone could get bored of Monster Bash, trying to stack all monsters, starting Frankenstein Multiball then completing all those modes is supremely hard and very exciting when you come close.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

jeffspinballpalace said:
Of the hundreds if games played on MB, I have yet to collect all the instruments. However I beat CV, twice in my first dozen games.
Agreed. I can get to Bash like 35-40% of the time but I've yet to get all the instruments. Though I only get to play on location and I haven't put nearly the amount of time I'd like to in.

And like other great games, enjoying the journey is as important as the destination.

#46 12 years ago

Very nice, I think this game is going to be great. Man am I having a hard time getting into this theme though.

#47 12 years ago

It won't take long before you forget all about the theme Bay78, once the "start button" is pressed. Kool-Aid aside,
I'm sure we'll be treated to one hell of a game.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

t won't take long before you forget all about the theme Bay78, once the "start button" is pressed.

I've never met a theme i couldn't ignore if the shots were there.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

jeffspinballpalace said:

When you say you beat CV did you beat all levels of the wizard modes?

Actually I meant just level one on CV. Took me another fifty games to get through the end. Now I can regularly start wizard mode and occasionally can make it through all four levels. As for other JPOP games, I enjoy similar sucess on TOM. Usually can complete three of the four objectives and occasionally can start and win wizard mode. TOTAN on the other hand is really hard for me to beat the Genie. I have heard others say it is easy but I have only done it once. That one has my number

#50 12 years ago

Now I can regularly start wizard mode and occasionally can make it through all four levels.

Four levels? You need to get the Home ROM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-update-playfield-production-witch-mech-michigan-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.