lol_wut.jpg
political-pictures-stephen-colbert-epi.jpg
EPMD.jpeg
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
homer_simpson_doh-11214.jpg
TommyBoy-719742.jpg
salma_hayek.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago

I am buying WOZ as well. I am clearly not a JJP hater, as accused above. I just don't want more delay. It was originally intended for late 2011 then it was slated for 3/13/2012, and this date was repeated, ad nauseum, as the date of final production. Now, that date has been suggested t be the date that production will BEGIN. And the date of final production now? "When it is ready."

I just don't want to be sitting herein July wondering when they will ever start actually building this thing.

...and yea, yeah, yeah...I know. Be patient. It's going to be awesome. This isn't real stress. Whatever, man. I have a spot reserved in my limited game room real estate, plus $$$ down on this thing. I could have a damned nice machine in that spot right now, for that money. I want WOZ there, but I don't want to be sitting here in six months waiting.

#52 12 years ago

Very impressive. Hopefully, the other LCD animations are pretty good.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I want WOZ there, but I don't want to be sitting here in six months waiting.

It's going to be more than 6 months. Just get it into your head that it will be the end of the year.

That way if it is a few weeks early you will be pleasantly surprised, rather than continually disappointed.

=
I'm looking forward to it too, not that I like the little girl theme at all, but just to see some actual innovation in the field of pinball.

Will the LCD add anything fun to the gameplay? Will it possibly bring anyone new into the arcade? Will it cause existing pin prices to drop as people make room for WOZ II Gold?

I'll be watching...

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am buying WOZ as well. I am clearly not a JJP hater, as accused above. I just don't want more delay. It was originally intended for late 2011 then it was slated for 3/13/2012, and this date was repeated, ad nauseum, as the date of final production. Now, that date has been suggested t be the date that production will BEGIN. And the date of final production now? "When it is ready."
I just don't want to be sitting herein July wondering when they will ever start actually building this thing.
...and yea, yeah, yeah...I know. Be patient. It's going to be awesome. This isn't real stress. Whatever, man. I have a spot reserved in my limited game room real estate, plus $$$ down on this thing. I could have a damned nice machine in that spot right now, for that money. I want WOZ there, but I don't want to be sitting here in six months waiting.

Only thing I could suggest then is selling it to someone else who is willing to wait and use that money to buy another pin. Then when it comes out try n pick up a LE from someone who didn't care for it or buy a standard model. Bitching about delays isn't going to help your stress level or make them get it out the door any faster.

#55 12 years ago

I liked the clean scores at the bottom of the screen, but what is with the dots between the numbers instead of commas? That is a European way of displaying numbers. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I BELIEVE Jack said that beside animation on the LCD, we MIGHT be treated to short clips from the movie at appropriate times . . . to match game play. (You hit the witch target [melting?] and then see and hear a short movie clip with the witch saying: "I'm melting, I'm melting!") I just can't find that email he sent me to back this up. I hope there is variety like this, making full use of the LCD!

Mike
WOZ #120

#56 12 years ago

gambit 3113 is a customer and with that has every right to voice his frustrations.
if you want out, as smassa alluded to, then get out, someone will take your spot right away @ 6500$

remember this is a new company getting tooled up for many machines going forward so delays will happen, some organically, some by stern trying to road block/hobble jjp along the way(allegedly)

surely you could not have realistically believed that the machines would begin shipping in december.

hopefully with a few juicy updates you will chillax a bit and try to ENJOY the ride we are all on!

otherwise i will show pics of my machine here and you can tape your woz# over mine and pretend you never sold it

#57 12 years ago

Jack is obviously playing his cards close to his chest. He's already mentioned how Stern is trying to torpedo him. He's not new to the game and he's not going to show all his cards until he has to. And I don't think he's been bluffing us.

Wow, too many card analogies.

#58 12 years ago

The "hater" comments are too funny. I am as excited about the WOZ as the rest of you and will be lined up to play just like all of you. I also believe Jack will blow us away with this game, that being said, I am not impressed with the animation. I say this to you as someone who went to college for art and spent thousands of hours in traditional drawing, painting, sculpting, along with hundreds of sleepless night learning digital media. If I turned that animation in for a project my instructors would have failed me. Of course I know there will be more to it than just some smoke and a little fire. Don't read too much into what people posting and stop drinking the JJP Kool-Aid. Jack knows what he is doing and it is a classic marketing technique............The bottom line is, marketing techniques don't impress me..........Pinball machines do.

P.S.
To the kind man who, "called me out". I apologize for not being able to produce anything as I haven't had the software in a while to be able to create animations. If you would like to purchase Cinema 4D for me, I would be happy to make something for you. I think you would be surprised at how easy it is to make smoke and fire..........that is even assuming the designer even made it, many times it's just easier to buy the licensed clips and assemble the components to complete the animation.

#59 12 years ago

no problem. thanks for responding...that says something...

#60 12 years ago

I've been debating jumping on the WOZ prepay wagon, but seriously, I do have a few concerns....

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

To the kind man who, "called me out". I apologize for not being able to produce anything as I haven't had the software in a while to be able to create animations. If you would like to purchase Cinema 4D for me, I would be happy to make something for you. I think you would be surprised at how easy it is to make smoke and fire..........that is even assuming the designer even made it, many times it's just easier to buy the licensed clips and assemble the components to complete the animation.

So, just to get this straight, you're only ragging on the backglass animation and not the JJP logo? Or would you be failed for submitting that movie, too? I'm not an artist (though everyone's an art critic), but the first time I saw the JJP logo animated it sure impressed me. Put a demo reel together, we may need more talent going forward.

#62 12 years ago

I ordered a WOZ and I know it will be completely amazing!!! Total confidence. However, they are clearly way behind and these BS statements about this being many months are old are really insulting. When we see a completed playfield with all art and toys and some real animation, then we will be two to three months from shipping. I predict July at the earliest. I think they need to come clean because many of us have given them a lot of cash.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

When we see a completed playfield with all art and toys and some real animation, then we will be two to three months from shipping

How long before a new Stern release do we get to see the completed PF with artwork? Never. I am still not worried, they said they are showing us stuff from a couple months ago. He is going us everything he can without giving away the farm.

#64 12 years ago

I'm a WOZ buyer (#324) and I have no reservations about sending Jersey Jack my money.
In the end, whenever the game comes out it will change the way we think about and play pinball.
Plus, it will draw new people into the hobby and further help our cause to keep pinball alive.
I don't feel the urge to fill an empty slot in my lineup (although I do have my WOZ slot waiting) just to fill an opening with another rush to market machine that's half finished and ships with unfinished code. Jack will deliver, and when he does those that panicked towards the end will ask for forgiveness admit fault for not trusting. I believe WOZ will forever change the history of pinball much like the change from EM to Solid State...it will be that revolutionizing...IMO of course.

#65 12 years ago

Here's another endorsement from A WELL RESPECTED MAN-sounds like a Kinks song I know,my 2nd favorite band from the British Invasion-Rolling Stones are my 1st favorite from the invasion.

As posted on RGP;
You haven't seen anything yet, trust me.
Terry.

--
Pinball Life

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

So, just to get this straight, you're only ragging on the backglass animation and not the JJP logo? Or would you be failed for submitting that movie, too? I'm not an artist (though everyone's an art critic), but the first time I saw the JJP logo animated it sure impressed me. Put a demo reel together, we may need more talent going forward.

I have never seen the animated logo? Do you have a link?

Think of it like this....Art is similar to magic, when you have no knowledge about the process, the finished product always seems amazing. As you get more familiar with the process you understand there are a lot of tricks involved. Many of my art instructors hated Bob Ross...(I frequently wore an I love Bob Ross T-Shirt to classes)....Why would they hate such a great guy you may ask, because he showed the average Joe how to paint like a master. No matter what the medium, Art is more technical than most think. I spent years air brushing when I was a teenager and people were always amazed (got me a lot of girls at a young age), but what they didn't understand is most of airbrushing involves the use of stencils. Sure there is free hand work involved, but a majority of the process requires stenciling. My first year of air brushing I got nowhere, until I took classes with someone who could show me the "tricks"........The classes opened my mind on how to use the air brush. I gave up on the idea of a career in art shortly after college as the world was rapidly moving to digital and the occupation was paying less. Following college, I mainly used my artist skills to create animations to pick up women. How you may ask??? Well when you are in a bar and trying to get a date with a hot girl, you have a slim chance of getting their phone number, so I would ask for their email address. 99% of the time a girl would give it out with out thinking. While every muscle bound moron would be begging for "digits", I would simple say, "Can I have your e-mail address, I am an artist and I am going to make you something, which I will send to your e-mail." A few days later, I would send them one of my several "seduction" animations that I created as a Flash execute file. I would make a few simple adjustments so it looked like I spent hours making the animation especially for them, when all it required was me going into frame "57" and changing the music, name, hair color, eye color ect....You have no idea how much pussy I got from those stupid animations. My friends started having me make animations for them to use to get laid..............and it worked. These woman may have been super hot, but they had no idea who they were dealing with..........They didn't stand a chance, I was the Digital David Copperfield of picking up women. The bigger the tits the more they were amazed and the harder they fell for my BS. Hope you like my little story, next time I will tell you about the time my (once) girlfriend found the animation files and discovered she wasn't so special.

#67 12 years ago

tdk77,
This link should work for the JJP logo

#68 12 years ago

WOZ will be the best game made in the last 10 years..

#69 12 years ago

I was really hoping to see some actual ingame scoreboard animation not just an ambient backglass image. I do quite like the JJP logo animation however and I'm hoping that the rest of the ingame animation matches that quality.

High resolution displays on pinball machines are a massive step forward and the potential is there for a visual feast of amazing artwork. I can also imagine actual filmmakers becoming involved with the production of artwork for these tables. Wouldn't it be great if Pixar's next film was pinballised and had Pixar produced animations for every element of the game? I'd also love to see hand drawn animation to replace the great old Replay, Jackpot and Extra Ball animations that we've seen on DMDs but in full colour and high definition with an amazing sound system to compliment.

I just have such high hopes for the display on this game that it disappoints me that we haven't been shown anything of the sort as yet. We can only hope for the best...

I agree that what we've been shown so far doesn't bode well for a Q1/Q2 release. I'd hazard a guess at September.

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I believe WOZ will forever change the history of pinball much like the change from EM to Solid State...it will be that revolutionizing...IMO of course.

I agree,Stern will be using a LCD display in the future too after WOZ comes out!

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hahaha...the usual bashers Vid, Winball, waiting for Jimbo....I guess relics that live in the 70's..........time will tell, but the smell of jealousy and envy......

I'm not envious or jealous of anyone buying JJP, wouldn't mind having the cash to buy a NIB though! I just think it could be improved and hopefully it will.

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

tdk77,
This link should work for the JJP logo

Thanks V8, now that was awesome. It would be cool if every time you boot up the machine, this was the first thing you saw on the LCD screen.

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

As posted on RGP;
You haven't seen anything yet, trust me.
Terry.

--
Pinball Life

Nuff said.....

I really don't get all the bitching and complaining when Stern rolls out machines with unfinished code and play field flaws and then line up for the next 7500 unfinished NIB so we can bitch and whine some more.......

And then we cry and moan about delays from JJP when he, by his own words and others that have seen the progress is going to change pinball as we know it.....JJP does not have an assembly line of crap, get over it and most likely #2 will be much more efficient as the production line, inventory and process gets put together...HELLO!

If you don't like it I'm sure there are a ton of people that would take your numbers, to whine and cry like babies over the delay is baffling....when it's out, if it doesn't live up to expectations then I might cry like a baby

Like Chris Farley said in Tommy Boy when he was selling brake parts and the Zelinsky auto parts came with a guarantee on the box and his didn't...."if you want a guarantee, I could take a dump in box and write guarantee on the outside.....all you have is a guaranteed piece of crap"...

Go get em Tommy Boy!

#74 12 years ago

I have total faith in the JJP sales team....see below

TommyBoy-719742.jpgTommyBoy-719742.jpg

#75 12 years ago

Icemann44- I couldn't have said it any better - I too am amazed at complaints about delays and what can only be summed up as "Adult onset whining" lol (I'm sure there is medication one can take for this - just read the small print...lol). Look, games are paid for at this point, if anyone is unhappy with their purchase, offer it up for sale if you are uncomfortable with any delays. I for one want them to take the time to make the best game they can. I have been extremely impressed with the transparency that Jack hast offered to bring to this process. Unheard of for any products in this day and age.

It is a talented team that has been assembled building a new product with innovation, establishing a production environment and building a repeatable process.....

It seems that some people in this hobby take this a bit over the top and may need to step out of their parents basements for some fresh air and sunshine and gain some perspective - its only pinball afterall - enjoy that we can actually debate new machines and look forward to our hobby continuing vs being a footnote in the history books....Ok - stepping off my soap box

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from ckorth:

It seems that some people in this hobby take this a bit over the top and may need to step out of their parents basements for some fresh air and sunshine and gain some perspective - its only pinball afterall - enjoy that we can actually debate new machines and look forward to our hobby continuing vs being a footnote in the history books....Ok - stepping off my soap box

No need to continue the thread.

#77 12 years ago

Really? I need to move out of my parents' basement because I would like to have some approximation of when a $7500 pinball machine will be released, after a year of production and previous delay? They had no problem setting a deadline for me to pony up the full amount of cash. It is not unreasonable for me to expect the same kind of deadline from them. You would not accept a perpetual "when it is ready" timeline from anyone else.

#78 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Really? I need to move out of my parents' basement because I would like to have some approximation of when a $7500 pinball machine will be released, after a year of production and previous delay? They had no problem setting a deadline for me to pony up the full amount of cash. It is not unreasonable for me to expect the same kind of deadline from them. You would not accept a perpetual "when it is ready" timeline from anyone else.

Sure you would. Gene Cunningham and BBB.
I be patient and wait. Im still waiting for Transformers LE and Tron LE to be finished.

#79 12 years ago

Gambit3113 - You entered into a purchase agreement (without a guaranteed delivery date) when you submitted your cash to pre-order. As I and you know there was no guaranteed delivery date nor a contract to meet said date. Everyone entering this order did it with a 6 month ability to receive a full refund if for any reason you wanted to jump out for any reason - no questions asked. There was no promise of a December date. I am sure if you talk to jack you can receive a refund yet even today and the pre-order price was 6500 with the final payment due just 6 days ago January 15th..........trust me I understand wanting to have your pin now....Many of us went into this expecting delays for a new company and they have been very transparent in my book as to progress as best they can (understanding market competition). Just think of the individuals who on faith ordered a Big Bang Bar and had to wait 2-3 years with much less communication.... Not trying to attack you but complaining doesn't "gitter done" and as all things in life you have a choice.....sell your pre-order if not happy......

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There will be no shortage of people ready to buy your pre-order off you .........

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think Gambit's concerns are warranted. $6,500 is certainly not an insignificant amount of money and he has a contract with JJP. That said, I think he should contact Jack directly to get answers to his questions. Coming on this forum won't get him the answers he seeks.

I too have a WOZ on order and am not personally concerned about the release date getting pushed back if need be. As I've said many times on this forum I'd much rather they get it right than rush out a half finished game to meet a date.

Also, this is the first I'm hearing that JJP will not be hitting the 3/13 date. Since it has not come through an official communication from Jack himself I tend to not buy it.

#82 12 years ago

You guys don't know a thing about my understanding and agreement when I purchased. I was personally assured by a JJP employee that games would be going out the door on 3/13 at a rate of 15 per day. I waited to see progress and make sure that this machine was actually going to be built before I put money down. In November. I intentionally paid more for that assurance, by waiting. That is right - I wanted the assurance of completion, and I waited until the machine cost $7500.

Tell me that I have no basis to be perturbed again.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Also, this is the first I'm hearing that JJP will not be hitting the 3/13 date. Since it has not come through an official communication from Jack himself I tend to not buy it.

Psst Jar, it's 3/12.....let's not piss anyone off even more

#84 12 years ago

Jack posted it last night on the WOZ Google Group - don't expect games to be built on 3/13. They will be produced when they "are ready and code is complete."

#85 12 years ago

Psst Jar, it's 3/12.....let's not piss anyone off even more

homer_simpson_doh-11214.jpghomer_simpson_doh-11214.jpg

#86 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jack posted it last night on the WOZ Google Group - don't expect games to be built on 3/13. They will be produced when they "are ready and code is complete."

Now see... That's something I don't agree with. That should come out in an official communication via e-mail like everything else has. The Google group is not the place to make such announcements IMO.

#87 12 years ago

What is annoying is that if JJ didnt come along then Stern would not have made any improvements eg: LCD in future games.... They would have done what they did since LOTR came out.... Nothing. And yet they will still get owned by a brand new company that has not had the 60 odd years of experience in the industry. Go figure.

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

gambit3113 said:Jack posted it last night on the WOZ Google Group - don't expect games to be built on 3/13. They will be produced when they "are ready and code is complete."
Now see... That's something I don't agree with. That should come out in an official communication via e-mail like everything else has. The Google group is not the place to make such announcements IMO.

If you've ordered a machine then go read the thread for proper context. Jack was talking about shipping dates vs start of production. He did NOT say the 3/13 date to begin production has slipped.

-Craig

#89 12 years ago

JJ should have sent an email rather than Google group - agreed. Overall, still not a big deal to me.

Gambit, honestly you sound like the girl in Willie Wonka - I want it and I want it now!! Ask for your money back since your guarantee did not come through and report back here if JJ does not return it. I'll think of you every time I play mine. Honestly, I'm not trying to be an ass but your whining is getting a bit old. I hope you get WOZ and its to your liking.

Coincidentally, looking for that pic I found the next pic for that Salma Hayek lover. It's her favorite movie.

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg images.jpegimages.jpeg

#90 12 years ago

Cut and paste of what Jack stated on January 20, 2012:

"I would expect games to ship when they are ready and code is
complete.......not on 3/13 but that's when production here begins with
games on the line."

He also said this on the same above date:

"What I said was games on the line for March 13th. "

That is the same as what he has been saying since the update released on October 2nd:

"...and announced a tentative start to factory production of March 13, 2012 which is game designer Joe Balcer's Birthday!"

Note: The October 2nd quote above had a typo of 2013 instead of 2012, so I corrected that. Otherwise that is a direct cut and paste from the update. So are the other two quotes. Note that he said tentative start. None of this has been written in stone.

I'm sorry if you were told differently, gambit3113. Please don't take this next statement as an attack. I'm trying to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt. But you are already misrepresenting what was stated in writing by Jack yesterday. Are you sure you have your facts straight about what was said to you in November?

If you really have a problem with the schedule, ask for your money back. From what I've heard, Jack has been accommodating to people that needed to get out of the purchase.

Hopefully I'm not stepping out of line by cutting and pasting quotes from the JJP WOZ forum, and if Jack has a problem with this I'll remove all this. But I felt like incorrect information is getting thrown around. What I've posted is exactly what has been stated, other than me correcting the year. Everything I've seen about production starting has been consistent and has not changed.

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

If you've ordered a machine then go read the thread for proper context. Jack was talking about shipping dates vs start of production. He did NOT say the 3/13 date to begin production has slipped.

-Craig

I tried to find the thread earlier, but came up empty. Another reason to not post this info in an online forum. Just went to look again and found it.

The actual quote from Jack which will hopefully put this drama to rest:

"I would expect games to ship when they are ready and code is
complete.......not on 3/13 but that's when production here begins with
games on the line."

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

not sure what you are smoking or if you lack basic english comprehension but you have the same drame level as my teenaged daughter gambit

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

March 13, 2012 which is game designer Joe Balcer's Birthday!"

That's where that frickin "3/13" comes from!

#95 12 years ago

What are your thoughts on objectives and achievements being displayed on the LCD as revealed in the quote below?

Quoted from iceman44:

It's also there to attract a larger player base as we are able to show more and tell more including scores, objectives, achievements and entertain onlookers as they wait their turn to play."

#96 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

What are your thoughts on objectives and achievements being displayed on the LCD as revealed in the quote below?

I think it is brilliant. I'm trying to figure out how I can come up with the free cash to get the regular version by the end of the year. Based on projected production rates, I assume the standard version will still be in production then.

#97 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

iceman44 said:It's also there to attract a larger player base as we are able to show more and tell more including scores, objectives, achievements and entertain onlookers as they wait their turn to play."

Good Idea in my opinion. It's hard to meet objectives if you don't know how to do them.

#98 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks V8, now that was awesome.

Thanks glad you like it. It was in the OP, hence the reason I figured you would have seen it.

#99 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

WOZ will be the best game made in the last 10 years..

Reel it in Dude!

#100 12 years ago

100th post .

Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-update-january-20th/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.