lol_wut.jpg
political-pictures-stephen-colbert-epi.jpg
EPMD.jpeg
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
homer_simpson_doh-11214.jpg
TommyBoy-719742.jpg
salma_hayek.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#2 12 years ago

that animation is pretty cool. like the smoke on the tin man

#3 12 years ago

"JP and the other members of his team are creating a unique experience for the LCD. The biggest use of the LCD will be to lead the player along the game script and adventure.

It's also there to attract a larger player base as we are able to show more and tell more including scores, objectives, achievements and entertain onlookers as they wait their turn to play."

Pretty excited about that potential game changer....

#4 12 years ago

Hmm... do you think they will make their launch date?

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Hmm... do you think they will make their launch date?

No, but I guess what is really important is they get it right before shipping it out.

#6 12 years ago

This is shaping up to be soooo special........if only I liked WOZ as a theme!!

Still, the better WOZ is the more likely JJP 2 will be great as well.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No, but I guess what is really important is they get it right before shipping it out.

+1

#8 12 years ago

Good interaction possible on the screen. I really like still images which are animated. They will last long! Jack mentioned that these animations were from a few months ago. JP (visual designer from NL) and his team are creating more advanced models at the moment. Jeeee

He waits to bring us the ohhh and ahhh...

pffff, sooo many days till WoZ Christmas

#9 12 years ago

Oh man, scoring very subtle and clean.

I'm also digging the 2nd video of the bootup screen for JJ logo (dot matrix gets blown away by modern dots). He's digging on Stern every bit of the way.

This might actually bring excitement back to the game!

#10 12 years ago

Iam really excited to see the LCD in action!

#11 12 years ago

Yep, I really like the looks of the scoring. It is obvious to me that the LCD is a major step up in pinball. Bring it on!

#12 12 years ago

Definitely a fan boy here and an early pre-order date of Jan.-2011.
Of course I'm going with pretty cool-I liked the moving flames and the smoke coming out of the Tinman's hat on video #1 and generally thought the light show and moving pinball which leads into the Jersey Jack logo on video #2 gives us an idea of what can and will be done with the finished LCD.

#13 12 years ago

I like it!

#14 12 years ago

I saw the JJ logo light @ pincades this week, anyone know where I can get one??

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I saw the JJ logo light @ pincades this week, anyone know where I can get one??

Pretty pricey but here you go.

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5&idcategory=4

#17 12 years ago

Gorilla,They are too pricey for me-here's the link to the JJP webpage,they are on the apparel link $450.00
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/

#18 12 years ago

Hmmmm may have to do that as a consolation prize in the raffle instead???

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's also there to attract a larger player base as we are able to show more and tell more including scores, objectives, achievements and entertain onlookers as they wait their turn to play."

achievements -- Yes!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from B9:

achievements -- Yes!

Now if only they can license the Xbox achievement unlock sound from Microsoft. That would be epic!

#21 12 years ago

It's a beautiful sign, TG! My wife surprised me with one for Hanukkah. She just called up Jack and ordered it directly from him.

#22 12 years ago

That will be some sick pin!! ...can't wait

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

That will be some sick pin!! ...can't wait []

Yes,An LCD along with Stereo sound,two great innovations for pinball!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Yes,An LCD along with Stereo sound,two great innovations for pinball!

Correction: Simulated surround sound.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's a beautiful sign, TG! My wife surprised me with one for Hanukkah. She just called up Jack and ordered it directly from him.

i guess pinball is more fun than a dreidel

#26 12 years ago

i really like the display. i am so glad my next pin won't be the standard dirty orange tired looking display from the past 20 years.

it's actually shocking how little innovation has been done to pinball, and without jjp we would be fed the same old cookie cutter machines, year in and year out with the only thing changing is the price.

hooray to hopefully breathing new life into pinball!

#27 12 years ago

I'm not a fan of the theme but I'm honestly way more impressed with these two 20 second clips than anything I saw on TF and what ive seen so far of ACDC. When an intro video makes you go ohhh arrrr more than an entire pin you know there's problems, time for stern to up their game instead of just their prices.

#28 12 years ago

LCD is a great idea and innovation but so far this isn't looking very good at all imo. Its an early example so Im sure there will be improvements. Maybe this is more of a proof of concept than anything close to production.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from vex:

hooray to hopefully breathing new life into pinball!

Been saying since the beginning LCD is the king sh**! Yep, broken record and all......

I guess nobody goes to Vegas and sees the possibilities, when Jack announced WOZ and said he is banking on the universal appeal of WOZ he no doubt saw what the WOZ slot machines in Vegas did and the possibilities of real animation and video clips to pinball

This is just a sniff, the real thing is gonna blow us away and start a new day in pinball.....bye bye DMD, hello new pinball world!!!!

I have #81 and loving it baby....

#30 12 years ago

My wife said she loves it too.........hehe

salma_hayek.jpgsalma_hayek.jpg

#31 12 years ago

Although I like the image used on the LCD, I am not impressed with the animation at all. It is very lame for an animation, I could do that in my sleep.

#32 12 years ago

I am sick of updates that show us stuff that was supposedly from months ago. This was the animation 5 months back? Great. Let's see the animation now.

No PF art, no new PF shots. Production was originally slated t begin on January 15, with final production to be 3/13. Machines out the door on 3/13 - that is what I was told on the day I called, late in the process, just to make sure that this machine was not headed down the perpetual delay highway, by a JJP rep. Today, Jack said on the JJP group that we should not expect machines to be out the door by 3/13, but that the final production will be "when the machine and code are complete."

I have been patient and unworried until now.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jack is a stand up guy and will deliver,He just wants it right first!You see how much grief Stern gets when they don't have code finished on early released games.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Please, there is plenty to be stressed about in life and this ain't it......if you get too stressed I'll buy yours right now though Gambit

#35 12 years ago

gambit3113 i understand your frustration and i agree about showing us more, especially playfield art.

just try not to worry...he will deliver in spades when all is said and done.

more frequent updates would be welcome as well.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Although I like the image used on the LCD, I am not impressed with the animation at all. It is very lame for an animation, I could do that in my sleep

maybe drop a line to jack, i am sure he could use you!
show him some of your stuff.

actually could you show us as well...i mean that sincerely as i love well done animations

i look forward to seeing some.

#37 12 years ago

I am not impressed with the animation at all. It is very lame for an animation, I could do that in my sleep.

Definitely,Post some of your work,enjoy seeing other Pinsiders talents.
Jack is pretty open minded,send him something as well,you're in the USA,his main animator is
overseas.

#38 12 years ago

Although I like the image used on the LCD, I am not impressed with the animation at all.

Yep, me neither.

I was really expecting something great.

It reminds me of a 1997 "animated" web page. (flameproof suit zipped up, helmet on)

#39 12 years ago

This is all calculated guys. Its the slow trickle as they need to keep buzz and excitement for this project for at least another 4-6 months. Iv done work for PR companies and Ad agencies and this is right out of that playbook. Stuff will come, and it will ramp up as the game gets closer to being ready. This is how you can tell how far away the release is.

#40 12 years ago

Everyone can quit worrying, I've been assured it will be ready for delivery on Dec 21, 2012.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

thedarkknight77 said:Although I like the image used on the LCD, I am not impressed with the animation at all. It is very lame for an animation, I could do that in my sleep.
Yes, me too.
I was really expecting something great.
It reminds me of a 1997 "animated" web page. (flameproof suit zipped up, helmet on)

As an animator myself, all I see is particle work and stock fire on the still art. This was likely the first thing that was ever rendered off for this.

Things to expect in the final version of this (if I did it anyway): The tornado spinning in the corner, the birds flying in a loop in the other corner. Some sort of dynamic reflection on the middle crystal ball. And some sort of moving fog in front of The Wizard.

The key to something like this is that the animation needs to be minimal because its still BackBox art, not a cutscene or anything like that. Subtle movement with a fixed composition.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

LCD is a great idea and innovation but so far this isn't looking very good at all imo. Its an early example so Im sure there will be improvements. Maybe this is more of a proof of concept than anything close to production

Jack said those are a few months old.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I am sick of updates that show us stuff that was supposedly from months ago.

You are just talking just to bash JJP. Lets compare his updates to his peers. Pretty short list, just Stern in the US. I am trying to find production notes from Stern about how they are doing in their next build, there are NONE. Not even word on what it will be. To be fair to JJP, he has the best updates in the business even when they are old.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

As an animator myself, all I see is particle work and stock fire on the still art. This was likely the first thing that was ever rendered off for this.

Things to expect in the final version of this (if I did it anyway): The tornado spinning in the corner, the birds flying in a loop in the other corner. Some sort of dynamic reflection on the middle crystal ball. And some sort of moving fog in front of The Wizard.

The key to something like this is that the animation needs to be minimal because its still BackBox art, not a cutscene or anything like that. Subtle movement with a fixed composition.

I totally agree with you, but to back up Gambit, why even show us this. If anything it will just make people worry that they won't see this pinball for another year.

#44 12 years ago

Hahaha...the usual bashers Vid, Winball, waiting for Jimbo....I guess relics that live in the 70's..........time will tell, but the smell of jealousy and envy......

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

You are just talking just to bash JJP. Lets compare his updates to his peers. Pretty short list, just Stern in the US. I am trying to find production notes from Stern about how they are doing in their next build, there are NONE. Not even word on what it will be. To be fair to JJP, he has the best updates in the business even when they are old.

There will always be haters and bashers Abso that can't even acknowledge progress and innovation, they would rather buy the same old dying crap or cling to dreams of Bally/Williams coming back!

WOZ owners will have the last laugh....and when the code and machine is RIGHT, that's when it will ship...shortly, maybe Stern should take a cue from that approach and not rush out garbage quality......

And the beauty of it Abso, when the naysayers try and pile in on JJP #2, the pickings will be slim won't they..because my #81 isn't available......

I love my LOTR LE Stern.......it's just a new day for pinball, deal with it

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"JP and the other members of his team are creating a unique experience for the LCD. The biggest use of the LCD will be to lead the player along the game script and adventure.

.....aka, the broken record

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Seriously Gambit step away from the keyboard, take a deep breathe, grab a coke and just smile. Life is good isn't it?

I'm in on WOZ and I'm in no rush. Take your time and do it right. If it takes until June I honestly don't care - just get it right and amaze us. Would you rather get a game with half assed code, bitch on here for 4-6 months before getting an update and your not even sure you'll be getting one? Yep, that is the world we live in now. Let JJP build the pin the right way. Ask for your money back if that unhappy about the ship date. Sheesh.

Onto the video. What I saw was nothing more than when I was in Vegas on the WOZ slot machine. Not too exciting for me. But, no complaints - I'm waiting with a smile and a pepsi in my hand.

#48 12 years ago

I totally agree with you, but to back up Gambit, why even show us this. If anything it will just make people worry that they won't see this pinball for another year.

can you show us what animations you do in your sleep yet?
not sure where you get one year from?

it looks like you pull alot of it out your backside,i am polite, and you can't back it up with facts.

Although I like the image used on the LCD, I am not impressed with the animation at all. It is very lame for an animation, I could do that in my sleep.

so please post a link to your body of work with animation. i am calling you out now.
let's see the animations.

i kinda know we won't see them because they don't exist.
you're full of crap dude.

#49 12 years ago

Well, I think the Stern/JJP saga kind of brings out the Hatfield and McCoys in all of us. I don't generally draw a line by manufacturer, as I presently have at least one Stern, Sega, DE, and Williams machine in my home. I wasn't originally entralled by WoZ, but it's growing on me. I like the character I've gleemed from Jack in the postings of others, at least it seems like he will talk to you and listen to what you have to say. This is their first machine so I think we need to be very forgiving, as they're having to navigate a minefield to get the machine out. I suspect they'll become more stern-like as they produce more models. I'm just extremely happy that we're still getting pinballs, good themes lately, and some innovation. This might be the last hooray for pinball, so enjoy it as much as you can. The LEs are expensive now, but in the not too distant future, they might be even more expensive if pinball doesn't survive.

#50 12 years ago

I don't get the haters and negativity either.
Enjoy the competition between the companies and if you have to look past the theme do so as best you can.
I'm on board and have said many times that I have a machine coming my way.
I am not getting too caught up in the theme,probably not my favorite-but for a first machine from a new company,I believe it will appeal to a whole lot of people,more people than not, and with so many characters to grab from,Witches,Flying Monkeys,OZ Himself,Lion,Tinman,etc.,etc.-you know all that.
It just looks/sounds so damn cool to have a melting witch,spinning house,flying monkey magnet- carrying the ball to the upper playfield,a spinner,metal ramps,5 flippers,playfield magnets to send the ball all over the place,20 frickin something inch LCD,Chris Granner sound + whatever I left out.
Jury,I rest my case,recess please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-update-january-20th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.