spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

*****Edit**** I was going to post this on JJP open house thread, but felt this would be better suited.

I would like to thank Jack, his family and workers for opening their doors to the inquisitive public. I would also like to thank my best friend and his parents for driving me there and for buying me one of those hotdogs w/ chili... yummy!

When we first walked into the building we were amazed at the size of the factory / warehouse. Having two buyers of TH in the car on the way over, of course our priority was to seek out anything in relationship to TH. We inquired about it to find out that it's only the revised playfield artwork. I was hoping for a little more, but was told it would revile too much of what is in the third movie. I must say, I was blown away by the detail in the pictures/artwork. You almost feel like you could reach in there and grab a handful of gold or get wet by putting your finger in the rapids... pictures truly are an injustice to its depth and clarity. After that we wandered over to the production line and as we rounded the corner, an employee named Ken introduced himself and asked if we would like a guided tour. He was a kind well mannered gentleman who not only lead us around, but explained in detail how each station worked and brief history in getting the production line up and running. While at any particular station, Ken would tell a story of how that station evolved or what is being done to improve it. I like knowing that Jack is filling his ranks with knowledgeable passionate pinball enthusiast.

I'm posting pictures of the assembly line, general area where multiple pinballs were set up on free play and of course the playfield.

Bill 082-272.jpgBill 082-272.jpgBill 077.jpgBill 077.jpgBill 078.jpgBill 078.jpgBill 079.jpgBill 079.jpgBill 080.jpgBill 080.jpgBill 081.jpgBill 081.jpgBill 074.jpgBill 074.jpgBill 075.jpgBill 075.jpgBill 053.jpgBill 053.jpgBill 054.jpgBill 054.jpgBill 055.jpgBill 055.jpgBill 056.jpgBill 056.jpgBill 058.jpgBill 058.jpgBill 060.jpgBill 060.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 064.jpgBill 064.jpgBill 065.jpgBill 065.jpgBill 066.jpgBill 066.jpgBill 083.jpgBill 083.jpgBill 086.jpgBill 086.jpgBill 094.jpgBill 094.jpgBill 092.jpgBill 092.jpg

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

you just ordered TH and got 660? Goes against a few other statements previously shared on here or one of the threads. I understand that you can order any number up to 1500 but 660? wow. Its also amazing to me how many people are jumping into the Hobbit pool and reserving since the release of some of the "toys" (for you panzer) and full schematics. NIce for JJP and looks good for their future!

It could have been a number from a buyer who has since dropped out?

3 weeks later
#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's in there. I snuck it in a white back but the surrounding ecosystem is being worked on so it's not enabled. Both wifi and LAN capability is there.

Will this allow multi-player games remotely? If so, this would truly revolutionize pinball. I'm so happy to be getting a Hobbit! I purchased a low number spot from CraZ4Pin ,go figure, and was wondering how the code will be in the early runs? I'm Glad CraZ4Pin dislikes JJP and thank you for the trade!

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're welcome.
As for multi-player games remotely .. how exactly would that work in your mind? I mean technically, yes, the game(s) could say 'Player 2 is up' and control would go to the other player. But that seems pretty silly in my mind since you wouldn't actually see the other player playing. You would just sit there until your game said something like "Okay, now it's your turn again". I guess you could stare at his score going up but that only seems like only so much fun. They would have to incorporate a video camera I think so you could watch on your screen what the other guy is doing during his turn.

I was thinking of having a web camera on the player and then you would have the ability to see their score, lights, display and toys working minus ,of course, the balls. Just a thought....

#651 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I've thought of this type of feature before and I'm not sure if it's feasible. Yes, a webcam could be mounted on the upper cabinet looking at either the player (or down at the playfield.) I'm not sure if that raises security/privacy concerns though as soon as you incorporate a webcam and allow internet access? I'm also not sure if it's cost effective to support? Given JJP's need to get to profitability this may be a "way in the future" type of feature on their games.

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Please lock this and make a nice new thread for TH news/updates only. Pretty please?

Ask TigerLaw. He's done it for the MMr updates

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.