spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

Did anyone else notice this in the back of the playfield schematic photo? At first I thought it was some sort of arrow, but it looks like a dragon head and neck. If this is correct, Smaug's head is centered in the playfield and juts out from the section on the left.
image-515.jpgimage-515.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

It's probably his tail which is on top of the diverter. So his tail is diverting the ball back to the playfield.

I actually believe it is the head, not the tail. I think that the VUK near Smaug is intended as the "kill shot" where you can hit him where his scale is missing.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Post Removed.

Last I checked, you can sue anyone for anything. Even if this is true, it proves nothing. It is the outcome of the trial that determines who is right.

The moderators should remove that post as inflammatory.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Picture from old playfield layout says otherwise

Clips from the movie show Smaug's tail to not have the configuration shown in the center top. I think the Smaug head on the schematic is simply to show the general location of the mechanism. It would make little sense that his head would be in the center of the mechanism.

We will see who is right, but the pin is going to be good regardless. No losers here.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good catch. I actually spent a few minutes yesterday trying to find a clear pic of Smaug's tail, but couldn't get anything definitive so gave up.

Look at 1:58 in this video ...

It is all inconsequential and unimportant, but it is something to talk about that isn't inflammatory.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Speaking of Bags End…when I was on the warehouse tour at the JJP open house, I asked Ken, the tour guide and production manager, how the crystal ball works in WOZ. Ken explained that there is a small monitor (less than 1”) that powers the technology and is traditionally used in cell phones. What’s interesting, however, is that Ken mused JJP will employ the same technology in TH on the Bags End portion of the playfield. The difference? The Hobbit monitor will be roughly 5” high. When I pressed for additional information (i.e. Will it be more interactive than WOZ, How many graphics / images will be displayed, etc.), he said he’s simply not sure. I wish I had more to share, but it’s certainly an interesting feature to consider.

I would say that this development changes a lot in that it now gets much harder to figure out what Keith has planned. A 5" screen on the playfield, if true, offers endless possibilities.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

They're definitely priced like luxury cars. But the problem right now is that almost every new pinball manufacturer wants to build and sell "luxury cars".

True... but only a few are actually luxury cars. Pricing like a luxury car does not make you a luxury car; some are just pretenders.

A Chevy is still a Chevy even if it is priced like a Mercedes.

I honestly don't see a huge difference in a pin at $6500 or $8000. They are both luxury items. Now at $4500, we are talking about a different niche.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Looking forward to racking up my first double digit score when The Hobbit releases! Sooo happy I won't have to figure out all them zeros now. I mean who doesn't love extremely low scoring games?

Put some tape on the monitor to the right of the score and write in a few extra zeros with crayon if that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
13,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statsdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=statsdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.