spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

Sounds silly, but I think those little barrels that will be on the pop bumpers are pretty damn cool. Those will be bobbing up and down like they are in the water? Hilarious and cool.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your all caps sentence hurts my eyes. Expect a call from my lawyer. I'll be suing for emotional distress and compensation for cucumber slices on my eyelids and a foot massage.

Received your retainer. Thanks.

#56 9 years ago

I assume Hobbit won't have any custom voice work from the actors? Just clips from the movie? That quote from Smaug "I am fire. I am...death" better be used!

#143 9 years ago

Bumpergate

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can you say one comment that isn't negative?

Ah sweet irony.

I remember when CraZ4Pin was one of the top 5 WOZ supporters on Pinside. The abrupt change of heart appears to have occurred when JJP announced the Ruby Red Limited Edition. He didn't like that too much at all (and I don't blame him).

Reminiscing is fun!

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sometimes you come across like you are sitting in an underground lair going "Muhahaha, another person dislikes WOZ". lol

lol

Not exactly, I just found his change of heart to be rather amusing.

It would almost be like you having a change of heart and saying a lot of the things that he is about WOZ and JJP these days

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hmmm where do you keep your lists of top 5 WOZ supporters, smack dab in the middle of your dart board?

That was funny!

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never seen another pinball manual this well done before. I know its a $100 (WOZ comes with manual on CD, can also be downloaded and is built into the game) but this isn't your typical paperback manual.

Ouch!!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yikes....Payment plans offered?
This actually is priced right- I think folks need to think of it as more of a coffee-table book than a simple manual. Pretty cool addition for the collector.

Yeah, if that's the case, I agree completely. My initial impression was that it was just a regular manual but it seems to be more than that, and it isn't something that is required since (from what I understand) everything can be seen on the LCD screen anyway (which is pretty damn cool).

#287 9 years ago

It's all relative so who cares? I can't see how the "low scoring" could possibly be a big deal to anybody.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

(anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes on it will agree it's one of the best games ever made)

Then why don't you own it anymore?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think LOTR is one of the best ever and sold it.

I think LOTR is one of the best ever and I sold it too. I think MM is one of the best ever and also sold it. And I sold Tron LE before too. There are reasons for doing that obviously.

I was giving him a hard time because of the way he phrased it as being one of the best pins ever as a fact.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

(anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes on it will agree it's one of the best games ever made)

I've spent a lot more than 10 minutes and it and shockingly enough I *don't* agree that it's one of the best games ever made.

I don't hate it. But it's style of play isn't for me. Plenty of others feel that way too, so I don't know why someone would say that anyone who has played it more than 10 minutes would agree it's "one of the best games ever made".

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Opinion not fact, how can an opinion on best ever be fact? In my mind, it is one of the best. Wish I could keep every game I ever liked but decisions need to be made based on space, economics, variety, interests, priorities, and oh yeah, nonya.

Ok, no problem John, we agree then. The way you phrased it before made it sound like you were stating it as fact.

I agree with everything you said above.

Even the nonya.

1 week later
#478 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Feeling pretty good about Hobbit LE at $7500 if TWD is $8,300.

TWD isn't going to be $8300.00.

Does anyone really think that will be the price paid for a TWD LE? Anyone? Bueller?

Gotta love the fact that people are already comparing two pinball machines that don't even exist and no one has played.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The real problem is that none of the Stern LEs have been worth $7500 either.

You could say that about any pinball machine made, including WOZ.

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Truth. Though I'll admit I spent north of $7k for my METLE and don't regret it one bit. So I'm probably one of those frogs in boiling water.

Did you know that I was the first person to play your METLE when it came out of the box?

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was there!

Yeah, but I didn't think you were paying attention. Actually, I hope you weren't considering how bad I played!

I saw a METLE again this last weekend. I must say, the LE is far and away superior looking to both the pro and premium offerings on this title. Both the mirrored backglass and side art really set it apart!

(are we off topic yet?)

1 week later
#539 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haste makes waste as my grandmother always said.

No, that's what your WOZ always says!

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sure does. Mainly to remind me that good things are worth waiting for. It says it all in stereo sound too, lol. I think that every time a WOZ code update is released every other month for a year

So why would you give my post a thumbs down? I thought it was funny and in no way critical.

Whatever..

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm just used to most of your comments to me regarding a WOZ post I made to be a jab by this point. My mistake for that one. Plus hey you gave my post a thumbs down. lol

Yeah, but that was for the other stuff that you said, which I disagree with.

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It took me 30 mins to get to swotr with the glass off hitting targets by hand.

Play better!

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I suck at pinball something fierce my best game on woz is like 800k on stock settings and I have thousands of games on it.

Well, that explains why you took the glass off!

Seriously though, WOZ is a tough, challenging game. Ball times are fairly short (at least for me) which makes getting through the deep code difficult.

So when I say "play better" I should also be pointing at myself.

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

How in Holy Hell is not announcing a Premium being unfaithful? The decision is made once the LE's are sold out.
Case by case basis. Simple.

#671 9 years ago

What's the matter, RobT? Are you sill upset with me for calling you out on selling your Star Trek before a major code update drops?
Or are you still pissed that I correctly called the release date for the new Star Trek code, when you were telling all of Pinside that I had no idea what I was talking about?
What is it RobT? What's the root of your insecurity? We're all waiting.......

This is like the third or fourth time that you've said this.

Why would I be upset that you posted that I sold my STLE when I was the one that told everyone here that?

Do you think that you let out some nasty little secret that I was keeping or something?

How strange can you be?

#676 9 years ago

Strange? I wasn't claiming I revealed you sold it, just that it was a premature.

You know a lot about being premature, don't you?!

You also failed to apologize for saying I was full of it, when I accurately called the release date.

I just can't even take anything you say seriously. "Accurately called the release date". Yeah, you narrowed it down to a month! Impressive. lol

Strange? Look in the mirror buddy.

If I want to see strange all I need to do is read more of your posts.

#680 9 years ago

I called on the Friday it was released, jackass.

Stay classy!

P.S. No, you didn't.

#684 9 years ago

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong. Go back and read the Star Trek post......and the kudos I got from fellow Pinsiders after the fact.
Oh Snap! You loose!

Kudos?! Well hells bells man. If I had only known that you got "kudos" from other Pinsider's for guessing the month that ST code would be released, I would have been taking your posts more seriously!

You are right! I "loose". Just like your momma!

#690 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Rob don't even bother. This guy is certifiably nuts. He actually called me out for not knowing anything about technology. LOL.

You should see his post on the other thread Alex.

Wow. Just wow.

#706 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

LOL, I'm surprised he hasn't put Rob on his ignore list. That's what he did to me when I proved him wrong. He loves to be right. He needs to be right.

Yes, and he also needs to get "kudos" from other Pinsiders!

He sure got a lot of joy out of telling us all about those "kudos" he got from other Pinsiders when he guessed the right month that ST code would be released.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.