spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not every lawyer who takes PAPA tokens as payment!

Only bit coins

1 week later
#311 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! Awesome news indeed. Thanks for asking David the question.
I'm looking forward to playing what Keith and Ted have in store for the Hobbit ruleset. Sounds like there's a good chance it will be deeper then WOZ which in my opinion as the deepest ruleset in pinball.
I know all 3 films released theatrically have a lot of content for JJP to work with but I wonder if their license includes the option to use content from the extended editions of the films? There's only 8 minutes extra for the first film, but there's 25 minutes extra for Desolation of Smaug which may include more lines from Smaug. The third Hobbit film (like the 3rd LOTR film) will likely have 40+ minutes of extra content.

PanzerFreak how many times have you got to wizard mode with WOZ if a rule set is so deep you never get there who cares if it is there.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've read many comments from you about WOZ and JJP that make me scratch my head but the one you made above beats them all. Just...wow.
A deep ruleset increases the value, fun factor and replayability of a game. I owned LOTR for 5 years and I'll admit I never reached Valinor. I've come close and those were very enjoyable games. Some people have of course and just knowing that it is in the game brought me back to that game again and again. Like LOTR WOZ has a deep ruleset as well and its one where there is always something to achieve.

As for value I feel you could not be more wrong. I have always felt T3 to shallow had it sold it. CV,SM and POTC all about right for most players hero and four winds is very hard but you still have a chance to get there. The only thing I don't like about my AC/DC is knowing I will never see the end.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm surprised you are still engaging this guy Panzer.....very surprised

As are you.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Besides, its got to swallow the ball, ala T-REX in JP.

T-rex has a large head Smaug not so much. Swallowing the ball Smaug will have to be huge or out of proportion.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It will be more interactive than the toy picture was posted could be.
And who's to say it's not just a big head?

From all the talk I think just a big head would be a let down.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Shoes is back at posting in Jjp threads. Not that he plans on owning one

Lorenzo you did not own a Stern till MET but I am sure you never spoke of there games.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The prototype has left the JJP pinball assembly building.

pic.jpg 175 KB

That looks more like a Transformers pin

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

You were completely slamming Stern. It's no different than when people on the other side bring up "facts" about JJP to make them look bad.
Hobbit looks to be shaping up greatly and there is no reason whatsoever to even bring up Stern in this thread.

Crash would be the first to get bent out of shape if someone "stated the facts of JJP past"

1 week later
#528 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Standard or ECLE for $6k?... there's a BIG difference!

The LE has more bling but they play the same. AC/DC PRO & LE they play different.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Which one offers more value?

When you get into the LE price range the word value is a oxymoron.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

If The Hobbit really ups over WOZ like Jack intended that momentum will come. On the other hand... I believe there will be a demand for pre-order always. Watch what will happen now with TWD LE... Weren't there boatloads of pinballers who swore never to pre-order a STERN because of the lack of complete coding (and other issues)?!?
- Well, don't expect those TWD's to sit and wait till the day Gary puts the first into the real world to "see and play before you buy".

Gary does not sell to the collector so he will never take a pre order or pre pay if you want to bitch about that go to his distributors.

#695 9 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 25.50
$ 91.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.