spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well, that is a bargain. Considering it will easily be 2 years from the time you put that money down until the time you get your game, you could have earned 4% a year on that money pretty easily. So in effect, you're paying more than 8k (or even if you only have $2500 down, you're still "paying" more than $7500). Not to mention you'll be paying nearly $300 in shipping? It's a lot of money no matter how you look at it.
If you can afford to buy even just 1 game a year at these prices, that's fantastic. I have no doubt Hobbit will be a winner!! But my main point was that there simply aren't enough pinheads who can afford to buy 8k+ games to sustain 2 or more manufacturers ongoing. God forbid the economy should turn again (which most economists agree is overdue) ... then we'll see just how fast sales really dry up.

The pre order model is for people who want to help jjp be successful. Help build the company. We were here from the beginning and see Jacks vision.

Trust me the people who were there from the beginning on wozle and hobbitle will be rewarded on pats game! More on that latter.....

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

OMG, stop. You have your head SO far up Jack's butt I'm sure you know personally whether he has his tonsils out or not. I was in on WOZ very early and it wasn't out of charity to make JJP successful. Do you have any idea how many empty promises Jack made over the years that he broke?? From repeated misses on ship dates to "first to pay, first to play", to LE game features that evaporated (like only the LE would have mirrored backglass and the topper will be interactive.) Heck, I was always told that we would have our own discounted price list for spare parts. That never materialized did it? Now suddenly you're stating that IF you are wealthy enough to buy games #1, #2, AND #3 .. OH, then you'll be rewarded on game #3. BS. At best you'll be lucky to get a $500 discount off of your $20K plus worth of games. You just keeping drinking the Kool Aid.
Since you are so intimately familiar with "Jack's vision" why don't you explain in detail this grand vision?? Because I think I must have missed it. So far all I've seen is NIB pinball prices increase about 50%.

I'm really not sure what Jack will do in the future but I am happy I was there from the beginning. He has talked about rewarding the people who stuck with him through all the BS. Yes he did have problems and yes he missed deadlines. All I know is I have a kick ass game in my game room. As far as the price increase. At least I feel like I am getting my money worth with JJP.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I would say that this development changes a lot in that it now gets much harder to figure out what Keith has planned. A 5" screen on the playfield, if true, offers endless possibilities.

Yes and Yes it does!

#298 9 years ago

I asked David Thiel this today on facebook.......

David why is the hobbit such a big project? Is there just that much more content than in your previously done games?

His response was..... For a number of reasons: Ultimately it will incorporate audio assets from 3 long movies. Second, the mode structure will be comprehensive. More modes than any game I have every seen or done before. Tremendous replay value. Third, the assets all need to be epic movie quality which require more time that assets based on Tron music.

This is very exciting news in my book....

3 weeks later
#700 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're welcome.
As for multi-player games remotely .. how exactly would that work in your mind? I mean technically, yes, the game(s) could say 'Player 2 is up' and control would go to the other player. But that seems pretty silly in my mind since you wouldn't actually see the other player playing. You would just sit there until your game said something like "Okay, now it's your turn again". I guess you could stare at his score going up but that only seems like only so much fun. They would have to incorporate a video camera I think so you could watch on your screen what the other guy is doing during his turn.

How do you know it won't have a camera?

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I obviously don't know (because after nearly 2 years since the announcement of the game, and only 3 months from supposed delivery .. we hardly know squat!!!). Thus, there is nothing better to discuss on this thread. However, I specifically posted that "I could be wrong" and "I would be completely shocked if this was actually at the top of JJP's priority list".
You really shouldn't build people's hopes up unless you have solid information that there will be such a feature. Many people know you're close with Jack and suggesting it is a possibility (if you don't know) is not nice IMO.

I know a lot of things. The game will be amazing!! It will speak for it self soon enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.