spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rferullo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

I had a great time at the JJP open house! Jack, Jen, Ken, and everyone was so nice. I picked up a JJP polo for $25 (what a deal) and I got a Fosters neon sign at the outdoor swap meet.

Only problem was I played like crap and didn't qualify for the finals Oh well... get then next time..

2 weeks later
#407 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It will be more interactive than the toy picture was posted could be.
And who's to say it's not just a big head?

I was told by Jack that Smaug would interact with the ball with both his head and tail - but that was a long time ago and you never know how these things evolve.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sounds logical as the tail would be the ramp diverter. Could be that it is under Smaug's control at certain points in the game and under player's control at other moments.

That sounds possible. Jack also mentioned that there will be 2 sets of flipper buttons to "give the player more control". That was an idea that Jim Heck from Mass was pushing for. Pretty cool IMO. Again - thing evolve and changes are made along the way...

Honestly - I can't wait - although I'm pretty far at the end of the line so I'm sure I will be one of the last to get TH.

I have a feeling most of the bugs in the supply chain have been worked out and TH will be cranked out in greater numbers... but I'm just an outsider looking in

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Yes this is one of several features I've been beating the drum for.
There is a diverter in the subway, as well as a second one to turn the main ramps into a U-Turn. I would hope that one or both are player controlled. The diverter in the subway looks to allow the deflection of the ball to the left VUK instead of the right VUK. Under player control, this would allow the player to deliver the ball to either flipper via VUK when it is sent to the subway from the entrance in the orbit. That would really boost flow, as it would allow one to plan/control what shot they will aim for next. The game could also take over at certain points to override the control (e.g. the dragon is messing with you).
I personally gave Jack lots of feedback at Allentown as to how important I think this feature is (it vastly increases the "interactiveness" of the game IMHO). I also indicated that I thought the button to control it should be within reach of the normal buttons (as is done for The Shadow) so the player did not have to necessarily move their hands to activate, but that if a center button was needed to help novice players notice it, the two could be wired in parallel so that either activated the diverter.
-Jim

That sound awesome!

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I'm really curious about Smaug. But i think most people will be dissapointed when it's revealed. The build up and expectation is to great for it to live up to it i fear. Most people seem to forget these are pinball toys not sideshow collectables.

He better poop golden pinballs or I'm not going to be happy

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

From a distributor when I request more information from the Stern site:
BEGIN EMAIL >>>
Per your inquiry to Stern Pinball for the Walking Dead Pinball Machine, we are currently taking orders with a $1000 Deposit for the following:
The LE Model will be $8295.00 Plus Shipping
The Pro Model will be $5195.00 Plus Shipping
END EMAIL >>>
I spoke to her on the phone and she said that as of now they are not planning on a Premium model. I don't plan on getting it, but rather would like the Hobbit (and a JJP pin). My point is pins are going up in price - the quality should come along as well, but we'll see.
NOTE: Please don't turn this into a Walking Dead discussion on this thread - there are plenty of other for TWD

That was the MSRP on my STLE. Good thing I got a dam good price on my STTNG trade in!

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

So there's going to be a golden pinball dispenser that will dispense golden pinballs when you defeat Smaug ?

That would be awesome! Honestly - I was joking... but that sounds pretty good!

I wonder what a pinball made of solid gold would be worth?

1 week later
#550 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Point of clarification here, the first 6 updates were monthly then every other month

I would also note that many improvements that were suggested by owners were - in deed - incorporated into the code updates. This is VERY COOL in my opinion. It sure is more fun for me to feel a apart of the development process.

That's just one of the things I love about JJP.

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

code is being worked on heavily. I confirm nor deny any specific code based feature sets that will or will not come with the game but i can tell you that the network stack and config is in there already as well as driver sets for a large amount of widely available usb wireless cards.
That's all on that topic

Isn't hat also true for WOZ? I've heard it's there but not being used. Not sure it's that is accurate.

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was thinking of having a web camera on the player and then you would have the ability to see their score, lights, display and toys working minus ,of course, the balls. Just a thought....

I'm thinking / hoping for online tournaments. I can imagine selecting "online" in the menu and having all the settings locked. Then you play and your score gets uploaded. You can see your results against others.

When deselecting the online option the settings go back to where you had the prior.

Also hopeful for the webcam. It couldn't be that hard or expensive to add a webcam to the backbox...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rferullo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update?tu=Rferullo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.