Topic Stats

• 750 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Asael
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 74 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cat_Tat.png
3svgjg-210.jpg
image-226.jpg
index.jpg
tumblr_muyr9eQSJX1sklu1no5_250.gif
spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 5 years ago

Now there is a great point!

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How do you know it won't have a camera?

I obviously don't know (because after nearly 2 years since the announcement of the game, and only 3 months from supposed delivery .. we hardly know squat!!!). Thus, there is nothing better to discuss on this thread. However, I specifically posted that "I could be wrong" and "I would be completely shocked if this was actually at the top of JJP's priority list".

You really shouldn't build people's hopes up unless you have solid information that there will be such a feature. Many people know you're close with Jack and suggesting it is a possibility (if you don't know) is not nice IMO.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I obviously don't know (because after nearly 2 years since the announcement of the game, and only 3 months from supposed delivery .. we hardly know squat!!!). Thus, there is nothing better to discuss on this thread. However, I specifically posted that "I could be wrong" and "I would be completely shocked if this was actually at the top of JJP's priority list".
You really shouldn't build people's hopes up unless you have solid information that there will be such a feature. Many people know you're close with Jack and suggesting it is a possibility (if you don't know) is not nice IMO.

I know a lot of things. The game will be amazing!! It will speak for it self soon enough.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I know a lot of things. The game will be amazing!! It will speak for it self soon enough.

Well, there you go folks!! You wanted new info. An official hint that the game will have a video camera in it! Will it be an under-playfield camera? Will it be a camera pointed at the player? Or possibly pointed at the playfield so you can play a 2-player game over the internet?

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Rob don't even bother. This guy is certifiably nuts. He actually called me out for not knowing anything about technology. LOL.

LOL, I'm surprised he hasn't put Rob on his ignore list. That's what he did to me when I proved him wrong. He loves to be right. He needs to be right.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

LOL, I'm surprised he hasn't put Rob on his ignore list. That's what he did to me when I proved him wrong. He loves to be right. He needs to be right.

Yes, and he also needs to get "kudos" from other Pinsiders!

He sure got a lot of joy out of telling us all about those "kudos" he got from other Pinsiders when he guessed the right month that ST code would be released.

#707 5 years ago

Hey, man...I guessed the right year the ST code would be updated, and nobody gives me any kudos!

So I'll try again: I betcha Hobbit will be available next year. There! You heard it here first.

#708 5 years ago

You guys really act like children bitching each other off! Stop the nonsense and keep the line open in case of emergency (WOZ/THLE updates).

Step away from your computer for a sec to start your next best game of pinball instead.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I thought Jack had stated multiple times the decals are every bit as nice as the direct-print and most couldn't tell the difference?
Soo .. are there any other "differences"?

You really are craZ and pedantic. It's obviously something different. Not worse. Just different. You asked for differences and that is the very definition. Lol

image-226.jpg
#710 5 years ago

Will someone please just make a new thread when any actual news or updates are released?

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Will someone please just make a new thread when any actual news or updates are released?

Nope. You should consider yourself lucky they don't start with that Lionman nonsense here!

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I will yes..

#713 5 years ago

Make it a locked thread? (is there one already?) Got some interest in TH, but perhaps not enough to have a read dozens of unrelated posts.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Make it a locked thread? (is there one already?) Got some interest in TH, but perhaps not enough to have a read dozens of unrelated posts.

We like the feedback. It's important. There may be a few folks who's opinions carry no weight and those are discounted anyway

#715 5 years ago

CraZ,

Is Stern paying you by the post, or do you feel it is just your calling from a higher power to bash JJP endlessly?

This is a Hobbit update thread, go start a new topic. I'll even help you with the title "Why JJP is the worst pinball manufacturer in the UNIVERSE" - go have a party with two or three of your buddies.

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's obviously something different. Not worse. Just different. You asked for differences and that is the very definition. Lol

Well then, JJP's definition of "LE" sucks IMHO. Minor "differences". That's worth putting your money down years in advance.

#717 5 years ago

You're right. The decision to not gimp gameplay between versions definitely "sucks". </sarcasm>

Wow. Just wow.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You're right. The decision to not gimp gameplay between versions definitely "sucks". </sarcasm>
Wow. Just wow.

"Gimp gameplay"? Seriously? That's a new one. You're a great spokesperson for JJP.

It has nothing to do with not changing gameplay. It has do with calling it a Limited Edition which has historically meant there are several enhancements to the physical game that no other edition has. Saying one cabinet has direct-print while the other has high-res decals (and admitting nobody can tell the difference) is not a special feature unique to the first LE (especially since many 'regular' WOZ's have it too). Giving 1 red trim and the other green is not a real differentiator. Just calling the game "limited" and giving it a number while leaving off upgraded/additional toys from another "limited" edition is ridiculous and a slap in the face to those who waited years to get their "special" game.

I don't remember how we got onto the topic of why JJP's idea of an LE is ridiculous but if you don't want me to respond then stop acting like you're just shocked anyone could think JJP's quality/toys/games are not superior.

#719 5 years ago

In before the lock!

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

In before the lock!

We couldn't be so lucky!

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

"Gimp gameplay"? Seriously? That's a new one. You're a great spokesperson for JJP.
It has nothing to do with not changing gameplay. It has do with calling it a Limited Edition which has historically meant there are several enhancements to the physical game that no other edition has. Saying one cabinet has direct-print while the other has high-res decals (and admitting nobody can tell the difference) is not a special feature unique to the first LE (especially since many 'regular' WOZ's have it too). Giving 1 red trim and the other green is not a real differentiator. Just calling the game "limited" and giving it a number while leaving off upgraded/additional toys from another "limited" edition is ridiculous and a slap in the face to those who waited years to get their "special" game.
I don't remember how we got onto the topic of why JJP's idea of an LE is ridiculous but if you don't want me to respond then stop acting like you're just shocked anyone could think JJP's quality/toys/games are not superior.

We quit being shocked at anything you would say a while ago. Even the people who admittedly don't like JJP and give JJP crap at every turn have asked for you to just stop. When everyone unites for a common point against your tirades it may just be time to give it a rest. Draining this topic and ignoring this guy going forward.

Updates coming soon and we may just make it a locked thread so others don't have to deal with him. It just sucks we can have logical coherent conversation about a topic without lunacy.

Thanks all! As the OP, LOCK IT UP!

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Are there more then 1,000 Emerald City LE's? No. Do more then 1,000 LE's exist with green powder coating, the Wizard of Oz topper and have the clear coated wood apron? No. Well, then it's limited. Next.

#724 5 years ago

Please lock this and make a nice new thread for TH news/updates only. Pretty please?

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Please lock this and make a nice new thread for TH news/updates only

...starting with a reminder of what is known already!

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Please lock this and make a nice new thread for TH news/updates only. Pretty please?

Ask TigerLaw. He's done it for the MMr updates

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Thanks all! As the OP, LOCK IT UP!

3svgjg-210.jpg
#730 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

IBTL

Cat_Tat.png 366 KB

OMG!!! Scarred for life!

#731 5 years ago

Anybody know if craZ4pin is actually Frank Further?

QSS

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone should look into all the patents JJP has filed for, it might shed light onto more cool top secret stuff.

That won't help. Applications don't publish until 18 months after the original filing date. And they don't publish at all until they issue, if you file in the US only with a non-pub request.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Sorry, but making an LE (or Premium) that has more GAMEPLAY-RELATED features and/or DIFFERENT RULES means that the lesser (Pro) game DOES have gimped gameplay. Cosmetics is one thing, but when you leave out things like drop targets, moving ramps, kickers, diverters etc. on the lesser version, then the gameplay IS gimped! Cosmetic differences, numbered plates, glasss instead of plastic, different artwork or rail colors--these are all OK for LEs. But changing gameplay features and interacting playfield features is NOT COOL. Which is why I gave kudos to JJP earlier for keeping the gameplay consistent in the different versions. THAT is what you get from a company that cares more about pinball than about the almighty dollar.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Anybody know if carZ4pin is actually Frank Further?
QSS

I was actually wondering that my self. They seem equally "normal" LOL

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Sorry, but making an LE (or Premium) that has more GAMEPLAY-RELATED features and/or DIFFERENT RULES means that the lesser (Pro) game DOES have gimped gameplay. Cosmetics is one thing, but when you leave out things like drop targets, moving ramps, kickers, diverters etc. on the lesser version, then the gameplay IS gimped! Cosmetic differences, numbered plates, glasss instead of plastic, different artwork or rail colors--these are all OK for LEs. But changing gameplay features and interacting playfield features is NOT COOL. Which is why I gave kudos to JJP earlier for keeping the gameplay consistent in the different versions. THAT is what you get from a company that cares more about pinball than about the almighty dollar.

True, but it is nice to have a "lesser" model that costs a lot less...however the price creeping is making the Pro price more of a premium these days. JJP just does LE and Premium you could say. No Pros.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was actually wondering that my self. They seem equally "normal" LOL

So you say I'm the one ruining the thread and you want the thread closed ... but then you continue with your childish BS and antics anyway? I realize you strongly disagree with my opinions but at least I can avoid stooping to your level.

Quoted from StevenP:

Did you see my next post after that? I'm not talking about gameplay differences for an LE. I honestly don't like that either. I agree with you. However, you can add other toys (oh, like the 75th edition did?), decorations, special lighting, original artwork, etc. The LE I waited for, for 2 years (ish) has less than the 75th edition. I don't care if the 75th edition now costs more. When I put my money down on ... the "green" LE (or whatever the heck you want to call it now), I expected to be getting the deluxe version of the game. In fact, it has minor differences (ok, green trim instead of red) from the 75th edition and is missing the extra toys. That's crap IMO.

#737 5 years ago

Don't feed the trolls...forums 101 (you guys know this right?) Let people say what they want and then you ignore crazy (no pun intended), but every now and then a gem post shines through. Those are the ones we are looking for - but rarely see

#738 5 years ago

Last post? (-:

#739 5 years ago

Thank you all for posting the memes otherwise I would have wasted 15 minutes of life on this thread.

HOBBIT HOBBIT HOBBIT

#740 5 years ago

Alex when are we looking for the next possible update? Just even a tiny little one....ok forget it a big one , will get this all back on the tracks!

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Alex when are we looking for the next possible update? Just even a tiny little one....ok forget it a big one , will get this all back on the tracks!

Yeah...I'd love to see something before Expo. Expo is a whole month away!

--Luke

#742 5 years ago

Actually, at this point, I'd love to just see the whole machine revealed whenever JJP is damned good and ready. They should skip the pre-pay model and just do what Stern does and put the machine out all at once. That way, nobody nitpicks every single detail of every single thing. (But I totally get that doing it the way they do allows them to get feedback from customers and potential customers.) I just get tired of all the naysayers getting down on everything for a solid two years of development. Very annoying.

#743 5 years ago

Can we just leave this thread for the Hobbit updates and move all the other trash to the lionman thread.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, at this point, I'd love to just see the whole machine revealed whenever JJP is damned good and ready. They should skip the pre-pay model and just do what Stern does and put the machine out all at once. That way, nobody nitpicks every single detail of every single thing. (But I totally get that doing it the way they do allows them to get feedback from customers and potential customers.) I just get tired of all the naysayers getting down on everything for a solid two years of development. Very annoying.

Stop making sense!

Looking forward to thread lock.. or better yet- a new moderated thread... this one is too far gone.

i hate logging on, seeing 50+ new posts and foolishly thinking there might be a TH update in a TH Update thread

Make a new thread, call it TH Update and lock the f'ker down!

#745 5 years ago

We may hear something new from Jack this coming Saturday when he's at Freddy's Pinball Paradise in Germany. He's supposed to provide an update on Hobbit development around 8pm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-party-at-freddy%C2%B4s-pinball-paradise-with-jack-in-germany

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We may hear something new from Jack this coming Saturday when he's at FREDDY's Pinball Paradise in Germany. He's supposed to provide an update on Hobbit development around 8pm.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-party-at-freddy%C2%B4s-pinball-paradise-with-jack-in-germany

Now this is the kind of info that I expected to read in a Hobbit update topic .
Thanks for getting the topic back on track.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

code is being worked on heavily. I confirm nor deny any specific code based feature sets that will or will not come with the game but i can tell you that the network stack and config is in there already as well as driver sets for a large amount of widely available usb wireless cards.
That's all on that topic

Isn't hat also true for WOZ? I've heard it's there but not being used. Not sure it's that is accurate.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was thinking of having a web camera on the player and then you would have the ability to see their score, lights, display and toys working minus ,of course, the balls. Just a thought....

I'm thinking / hoping for online tournaments. I can imagine selecting "online" in the menu and having all the settings locked. Then you play and your score gets uploaded. You can see your results against others.

When deselecting the online option the settings go back to where you had the prior.

Also hopeful for the webcam. It couldn't be that hard or expensive to add a webcam to the backbox...

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Isn't hat also true for WOZ? I've heard it's there but not being used. Not sure it's that is accurate.

Correct Rob. The capability is already there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 88.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside