spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I've thought of this type of feature before and I'm not sure if it's feasible. Yes, a webcam could be mounted on the upper cabinet looking at either the player (or down at the playfield.) I'm not sure if that raises security/privacy concerns though as soon as you incorporate a webcam and allow internet access? I'm also not sure if it's cost effective to support? Given JJP's need to get to profitability this may be a "way in the future" type of feature on their games.

#652 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The Hobbit progress is coming along nicely. We are on schedule to begin production toward the end of 2014. See below for some toys Matt Riesterer created. We will have another update in a couple of weeks.

Is there another update buried in this thread somewhere since the initial post? This thread is a mess to sort through.

#653 9 years ago

lol, well, I could certainly be wrong!! But it would surprise me if this was high up on their priority list.

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Is there another update buried in this thread somewhere since the initial post? This thread is a mess to sort through.

No. But we're clearly overdue since as you noted, Pinchroma stated just over 4 weeks ago that "another update in a couple of weeks".

#655 9 years ago

Someone should look into all the patents JJP has filed for, it might shed light onto more cool top secret stuff.

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Will this allow multi-player games remotely? If so, this would truly revolutionize pinball. I'm so happy to be getting a Hobbit! I purchased a low number spot from CraZ4Pin ,go figure, and was wondering how the code will be in the early runs? I'm Glad CraZ4Pin dislikes JJP and thank you for the trade!

You should take his WOZ too so he can stop griping about it.

#657 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Now .. when I look at the detail of the toys in the TWD LE ... THAT is what I want in a game.

Sounds good. Why not troll that thread then, you friggin' mope. Your posts are banal and annoying.

#658 9 years ago

Thanks!! There is now Diet Coke all over my pants!

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone should look into all the patents JJP has filed for, it might shed light onto more cool top secret stuff.

Done that. Couldn't find anything special.

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Sounds good. Why not troll that thread then, you friggin' mope. Your posts are banal and annoying.

LOLOLOLOLOL

#661 9 years ago

Yeah, that's hilarious. It's amazing how many here are still in high school and actually find that funny.

Where are the moderators who are supposed to jump on the ones making personal attacks?

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yeah, that's hilarious.

I KNOW!

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yeah, that's hilarious. It's amazing how many here are still in Highschool and actually find that funny.
Where are the moderators who are supposed to jump on the ones making personal attacks?

It's not a personal attack. It's an opinion.

#664 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yeah, that's hilarious. It's amazing how many here are still in Highschool and actually find that funny.

If you are claiming that some of us are in "Highschool" you may want to proofread your posts (proofreading is taught in high school) and put a space between "high" and "school".

#665 9 years ago

High school? I remember algebra a little.

Something like y=4Pin

So, is there anything new on the Hobbit?

#666 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

We'll see. Stern could simply be making sure the LE's sell out before announcing the Premium. They are under no obligation NOT to make a Premium just because they didn't announce it at launch.

OT: No obligation is correct but, LE & pro buyers are under no obligation to buy Stern's next game if Gary starts being untruthful about what he is doing. Stern announced 2 models of TWD if after the LE's sell out they decide to run premium models Stern will lose some credibility (imho)

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No obligation is correct but LE & pro buyers are under no obligation to buy Stern's next game if Gary starts being untruthful about what he is doing. Stern announced 2 models of TWD if after the LE's sell out they decide to run premium models Stern will lose some credibility (imho)

How in Holy Hell is not announcing a Premium being unfaithful? The decision is made once the LE's are sold out.

Case by case basis. Simple.

#668 9 years ago

How in Holy Hell is not announcing a Premium being unfaithful? The decision is made once the LE's are sold out.

#669 9 years ago

What's the matter, RobT? Are you sill upset with me for calling you out on selling your Star Trek before a major code update drops?

Or are you still pissed that I correctly called the release date for the new Star Trek code, when you were telling all of Pinside that I had no idea what I was talking about?

What is it RobT? What's the root of your insecurity? We're all waiting.......

#670 9 years ago

big lebowski waiting.gifbig lebowski waiting.gif

#671 9 years ago

What's the matter, RobT? Are you sill upset with me for calling you out on selling your Star Trek before a major code update drops?
Or are you still pissed that I correctly called the release date for the new Star Trek code, when you were telling all of Pinside that I had no idea what I was talking about?
What is it RobT? What's the root of your insecurity? We're all waiting.......

This is like the third or fourth time that you've said this.

Why would I be upset that you posted that I sold my STLE when I was the one that told everyone here that?

Do you think that you let out some nasty little secret that I was keeping or something?

How strange can you be?

#672 9 years ago

spck thumb up.jpgspck thumb up.jpg

#673 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is like the third or fourth time that you've said this.
Why would I be upset that you posted that I sold my STLE when I was the one that told everyone here that?
Do you think that you let out some nasty little secret that I was keeping or something?
How strange can you be?

Strange? I wasn't claiming I revealed you sold it, just that it was a premature.

You also failed to apologize for saying I was full of it, when I accurately called the release date.

Strange? Look in the mirror buddy.

#674 9 years ago

Good gravy man this is my last post on the topic as it is completely OT.
For one I said untruthful not unfaithful and for second if Stern says this game will be run in LE & Pro only it will boost LE sales. If Stern then goes back and says by the way I said pro & LE only but now that I have sold 600 LE's I'm gunna make a premium..... The pro & LE only statement was untruthful!
That's all! it's not real complicated

#675 9 years ago

Good gravy man this is my last post on the topic as it is completely OT.
For one I said untruthful not unfaithful and for second if Stern says this game will only be run in LE & Pro only
It will boost LE sales. If Stern then goes back and says by the way I said pro & LE only but now that I have sold 600 LE's I'm gunna make a premium..... The pro & LE only statement was untruthful!
That's all it's not real complicated

He never said only.

#676 9 years ago

Strange? I wasn't claiming I revealed you sold it, just that it was a premature.

You know a lot about being premature, don't you?!

You also failed to apologize for saying I was full of it, when I accurately called the release date.

I just can't even take anything you say seriously. "Accurately called the release date". Yeah, you narrowed it down to a month! Impressive. lol

Strange? Look in the mirror buddy.

If I want to see strange all I need to do is read more of your posts.

#677 9 years ago

What thread is this again?

#678 9 years ago

Man I am ready for a Smaug Super Jackpot! so freakin' bad

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just can't even take anything you say seriously. "Accurately called the release date". Yeah, you narrowed it down to a month! Impressive. lol

I called on the Friday it was released, jackass.

#680 9 years ago

I called on the Friday it was released, jackass.

Stay classy!

P.S. No, you didn't.

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Smaug Super Jackpot!

Based on JJP scoring that would be worth at least 500 points

#682 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stay classy!
P.S. No, you didn't.

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong. Go back and read the Star Trek post......and the kudos I got from fellow Pinsiders after the fact.

Oh Snap! You loose!

#683 9 years ago

Sooooooo….any Hobbit updates? lol

#684 9 years ago

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong. Go back and read the Star Trek post......and the kudos I got from fellow Pinsiders after the fact.
Oh Snap! You loose!

Kudos?! Well hells bells man. If I had only known that you got "kudos" from other Pinsider's for guessing the month that ST code would be released, I would have been taking your posts more seriously!

You are right! I "loose". Just like your momma!

#685 9 years ago

80 more posts still no actual updates at all.

#686 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Kudos?! Well hells bells man. If I had only known that you got "kudos" from other Pinsider's for guessing the month that ST code would be released, I would have been taking your posts more seriously!
You are right! I "loose". Just like your momma!

Still not acknowledging that I was right.

Deep rooted insecurity. Did your mommy not love you enough?

#687 9 years ago

well this is just a showcase of what happens to a update thread that has no updates

#688 9 years ago

I feel bad for the people that are getting home this afternoon and seeing that the thread posts blew up...it would look something like

tumblr_muyr9eQSJX1sklu1no5_250.giftumblr_muyr9eQSJX1sklu1no5_250.gif

#689 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rob don't even bother. This guy is certifiably nuts. He actually called me out for not knowing anything about technology. LOL.

#690 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Rob don't even bother. This guy is certifiably nuts. He actually called me out for not knowing anything about technology. LOL.

You should see his post on the other thread Alex.

Wow. Just wow.

#691 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You should see his post on the other thread Alex.
Wow. Just wow.

Link?

#692 9 years ago

take it to PMs guys, you are freaking ruining this thread for dozens or hundreds of other people!! geez!

index.jpgindex.jpg

#693 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

take it to PMs guys, you are freaking ruining this thread for dozens or hundreds of other people!! geez!

Hmm ... and here I thought it was the complete lack of any new information on Hobbit that was ruining it.

#694 9 years ago

OT: No obligation is correct but, LE & pro buyers are under no obligation to buy Stern's next game if Gary starts being untruthful about what he is doing. Stern announced 2 models of TWD if after the LE's sell out they decide to run premium models Stern will lose some credibility (imho)

I'm curious if in your opinion Stern lost credibility when they started announcing "Vault editions" with new artwork and feature changes? Or even when they announced the 'Luci' edition of AC/DC at a later date? I thought (and think) that was terrible myself ... but most folks seem to say "whatever makes them the most money". I don't see much of a distinction between these past announcements and them coming out later and saying they'll offer a "Premium" edition of TWD.

Same goes for JJP with the announcement of the 75th anniversary edition of WOZ. In some regards that was even worse IMO since this new edition had everything the "LE" had plus a handful of new toys.

#695 9 years ago

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm curious if in your opinion Stern lost credibility when they started announcing "Vault editions" with new artwork and feature changes? Or even when they announced the 'Luci' edition of AC/DC at a later date? I thought (and think) that was terrible myself ... but most folks seem to say "whatever makes them the most money". I don't see much of a distinction between these past announcements and them coming out later and saying they'll offer a "Premium" edition of TWD.
Same goes for JJP with the announcement of the 75th anniversary edition of WOZ. In some regards that was even worse IMO since this new edition had everything the "LE" had plus a handful of new toys.

That edition did not have everything the LE did plus a handful of other things. It was actually lacking things that the LE came with.

#697 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That edition did not have everything the LE did plus a handful of other things. It was actually lacking things that the LE came with.

It has red trim instead of green
It has a different topper from the LE (which a majority seem to agree is much nicer)
It does not have a wooden apron but rather has its' own custom 75th apron

Am I missing something??

But it does come with a handful of new toys above the LE's standard toys, correct? And a custom splash screen on the LCD I think? And a different message on the backglass I think?

And don't even bring up cost ... because when I buy an LE, I'm expecting I have the top-of-the-line version of the game, period (head and heels above all other versions).

#698 9 years ago

For one you are missing the clear coated cabinet. 75th is decals.

#699 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For one you are missing the clear coated cabinet. 75th is decals.

I thought Jack had stated multiple times the decals are every bit as nice as the direct-print and most couldn't tell the difference?

Soo .. are there any other "differences"?

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're welcome.
As for multi-player games remotely .. how exactly would that work in your mind? I mean technically, yes, the game(s) could say 'Player 2 is up' and control would go to the other player. But that seems pretty silly in my mind since you wouldn't actually see the other player playing. You would just sit there until your game said something like "Okay, now it's your turn again". I guess you could stare at his score going up but that only seems like only so much fun. They would have to incorporate a video camera I think so you could watch on your screen what the other guy is doing during his turn.

How do you know it won't have a camera?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-woz-hobbit-update/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.