Topic Stats

• 750 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Asael
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 74 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cat_Tat.png
3svgjg-210.jpg
image-226.jpg
index.jpg
tumblr_muyr9eQSJX1sklu1no5_250.gif
spck thumb up.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
arnold shut up.gif
WOZ_toy.jpg
WOZ_playfield.jpg
WitchComapre.jpg
The Hobbit - Beorn.jpg
HBFA_Mini_1sht_Comic_Con_RGBres.jpg
girion-lord-of-dale-bards-ancestor-174-years-before-events-of-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug.jpg
Valuable2-813.jpg
trio.jpg

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 5 years ago

Greetings Pinball Fans,

We had a very successful Open House this past Saturday with close to 300 people here throughout the day. We plan to make the event even bigger and better next year! Thanks to all who came out. Many people brought pinball machines and video games. A few people picked up their ECLEWOZ games too.

Our Production of Emerald City Limited Edition games is rounding third and heading for home with less than 60 games to be built we may see another cartwheel very soon. We have scheduled production of the 75th Anniversary games to begin the week of September 8th. We will continue to build Standard WOZ. There is a demand from home customers as well as game operators for commercial locations as we head into the Fall buying season. We have also renewed the WOZ license through 2017!

The Hobbit progress is coming along nicely. We are on schedule to begin production toward the end of 2014. See below for some toys Matt Riesterer created. We will have another update in a couple of weeks.

We are happy to announce that the Wizard of Oz will be making it's first debut in PAPA 17 World Championships this weekend as a "Division A" game! For more information on the event, follow this link -
http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/papa-worldchampionships/papa-17-world-championships/#schedule

JJP Distributor, Joe Newhart's PinballSTAR Amusments is proud to announce they will be donating their second brand new Wizard of Oz game to The Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh today!

PinballSTAR's first donation of a WOZ game was to St. Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadelphia in December 2013. You can see info on it here. http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html We are very proud of Joe and happy to do what we can to help him make this happen.

jjp1.jpg
jjp2.jpg
jjp3.jpg
jjp4.jpg
jjp5.jpg
jjp6.jpg
jjp7.jpg
jjp8.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for the update. 60 games left, get the champagne ready guys!

Love seeing the progress on Hobbit, the custom toys look cool! I really dig the barrel popbumper caps. And it's gonna be fun to bash that wolf with the weird shape of the snout the ball should get some weird deflecting action.

Congrats to PinballStar, awesome pic and I hope that little girl will have some relief and a lot of fun playing WOZ.

#3 5 years ago

Jersey Jack is on doing good to get all of those games out, 60 left shouldn't take too long, also glad to see them say an actual number.

As a preorder customer on the hobbit I am always looking forward to see any news about the game, and this was no exception, awesome to see the toys, add those to the final artwork we saw from the open house this weekend? Looking like its going to be a good looking game, plus Keith and his quote of showing the world how to do a mode based game, I'm really excited can't wait!

#4 5 years ago

Well this leaves me wondering if the "troll" mechs are indeed the same as designed for MM, or if they are any different as the suggestions made to JJP via Pinside and his Google Groups forum many months ago during the initial design phase.

Those suggestions were things like having the ball trap under the head from behind for ball lock, having the head sense which direction it was hit from so that the U-Turn or orbit could be necessary to generate the hit that would dispatch the "troll", or having a multi-level target that raises up in two stages. From the head design, I would estimate that the last one is out, since it looks like a single level head design.

I'm unsure based on the design of the head and the dotted line outline of the under-field mech whether the mechanism is any different than the MM one. Can anyone tell? I wonder what that round circle is. Is that just the coil outline for the "troll" mech?

I really hope these things do more than just pop up and take normal straight on hits to dispatch... They are cool and all, but it would be very nice if the rules do something more interesting with them than was done before on MM.

-Jim (full disclosure Hobbit on order from day 1)

#5 5 years ago

Looks like JJP is getting the speed bumps cleared out! Production seems better than anything we have seen yet. And The Hobbit looks great so far! Looks to me like back to back winners for Jack on his first two games.

#6 5 years ago

Hobbit may be my first NIB. Looking cool!

#7 5 years ago

I'm even more excited to see Smaug - looks awesome. Nice work!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Well this leaves me wondering if the "troll" mechs are indeed the same as designed for MM, or if they are any different as the suggestions made to JJP via Pinside and his Google Groups forum many months ago during the initial design phase.
Those suggestions were things like having the ball trap under the head from behind for ball lock, having the head sense which direction it was hit from so that the U-Turn or orbit could be necessary to generate the hit that would dispatch the "troll", or having a multi-level target that raises up in two stages. From the head design, I would estimate that the last one is out, since it looks like a single level head design.
I'm unsure based on the design of the head and the dotted line outline of the under-field mech whether the mechanism is any different than the MM one. Can anyone tell? I wonder what that round circle is. Is that just the coil outline for the "troll" mech?
I really hope these things do more than just pop up and take normal straight on hits to dispatch... They are cool and all, but it would be very nice if the rules do something more interesting with them than was done before on MM.
-Jim (full disclosure Hobbit on order from day 1)

Jim,

I don't have answers for any of your questions except to say that the schematic in the picture with the warg and barrels is an old version of the schematic, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

--Luke

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'm even more excited to see Smaug - looks awesome. Nice work!

Definitely...toys look great and can't wait to see the rest!

--Luke

#10 5 years ago

*****Edit**** I was going to post this on JJP open house thread, but felt this would be better suited.

I would like to thank Jack, his family and workers for opening their doors to the inquisitive public. I would also like to thank my best friend and his parents for driving me there and for buying me one of those hotdogs w/ chili... yummy!

When we first walked into the building we were amazed at the size of the factory / warehouse. Having two buyers of TH in the car on the way over, of course our priority was to seek out anything in relationship to TH. We inquired about it to find out that it's only the revised playfield artwork. I was hoping for a little more, but was told it would revile too much of what is in the third movie. I must say, I was blown away by the detail in the pictures/artwork. You almost feel like you could reach in there and grab a handful of gold or get wet by putting your finger in the rapids... pictures truly are an injustice to its depth and clarity. After that we wandered over to the production line and as we rounded the corner, an employee named Ken introduced himself and asked if we would like a guided tour. He was a kind well mannered gentleman who not only lead us around, but explained in detail how each station worked and brief history in getting the production line up and running. While at any particular station, Ken would tell a story of how that station evolved or what is being done to improve it. I like knowing that Jack is filling his ranks with knowledgeable passionate pinball enthusiast.

I'm posting pictures of the assembly line, general area where multiple pinballs were set up on free play and of course the playfield.

Bill 082-272.jpgBill 077.jpgBill 078.jpgBill 079.jpgBill 080.jpgBill 081.jpgBill 074.jpgBill 075.jpgBill 053.jpgBill 054.jpgBill 055.jpgBill 056.jpgBill 058.jpgBill 060.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 063.jpgBill 064.jpgBill 065.jpgBill 066.jpgBill 083.jpgBill 086.jpgBill 094.jpgBill 092.jpg

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I would like to thank Jack, his family and workers for opening their doors to the inquisitive public. I would also like to thank my best friend and his parents for driving me there and for buying me one of those hotdogs w/ chili... yummy!
When we first walked into the building we were amazed at the size of the factory / warehouse. Having two buyers of TH in the car on the way over, of course our priority was to seek out anything in relationship to TH. We inquired about it to find out that it's only the revised playfield artwork. I was hoping for a little more, but was told it would revile too much of what is in the third movie. I must say, I was blown away by the detail in the pictures. You almost feel like you could reach in there and grab a handful of gold or get wet by putting your finger in the rapids... pictures truly are an injustice to its depth and clarity. After that we wandered over to the production line and as we rounded the corner, an employee named Ken introduced himself and asked if we would like a guided tour. He was a kind well mannered gentleman who not only lead us around, but explained in detail how each station worked and brief history in getting the production line up and running. While at any particular station, Ken would tell a story of how that station evolved or what is being done to improve it. I like knowing that Jack is filling his ranks with knowledgeable passionate pinball enthusiast.
I'm posting pictures of the assembly line, general area where multiple pinballs were set up on free play and of course the playfield.

Thanks for the pictures!

--Luke

#13 5 years ago

Nice to see an official JJP thread on Pinside. Hope Jack stops by from time to time.

Great to hear the WOZLE backlog is winding down and looking to hearing more about TH this fall.

#14 5 years ago

Only 60 left, sounds like the wait is nearly over for the Woz pre-orders.

#15 5 years ago

Sorry guys, I think the designs are great and cannot wait to play this, but I think we will be waiting a very long time until we can play one.

75th anniversary next and renewed woz until 2017. In 6 months I may be geeked beyond belief to play this game.

#16 5 years ago

I had a great time at the JJP open house! Jack, Jen, Ken, and everyone was so nice. I picked up a JJP polo for $25 (what a deal) and I got a Fosters neon sign at the outdoor swap meet.

Only problem was I played like crap and didn't qualify for the finals Oh well... get then next time..

#17 5 years ago

Can't wait to attend next year.

#18 5 years ago

Oh man, now that I finally see some clear pics of the new dwarf inserts (thanks!) I can see the typography looks way better, no more strange and random kerning on "THE DWARF". Guess it's possible to beat back the license stuff after all! That combined with framing the floating heads makes all the difference, big improvement over the previous version.

I know some people thought we were being too negative or critical, but it's really obvious that our feedback made for a better result (I see a lot of little touches and fixes that came up), so I feel great about that thread, and appreciate the designer being willing to listen and respond.

The barrels even look better than I thought they would, looking forward to seeing more revealed. JJP has a lot of faith to make up for, but I'm pulling for them to make good and show that they can mass produce a product without years of broken promises now that they've cut their teeth on manufacturing.

As always the part I have the most solid faith in is Keefer, I have no doubt the software for this one is going to be awesome.

#19 5 years ago

A couple subtle things in the art that look especially nice to me are the ring insert with the ring art around it (bottom right), and the water/rapids over the inserts in the pop bumper area (note the random edges around the inserts like the randomness of water splashing).

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I had a great time at the JJP open house! Jack, Jen, Ken, and everyone was so nice. I picked up a JJP polo for $25 (what a deal) and I got a Fosters neon sign at the outdoor swap meet.
Only problem was I played like crap and didn't qualify for the finals Oh well... get then next time..

Rob it really was a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you had a great time

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

*****Edit**** I was going to post this on JJP open house thread, but felt this would be better suited.
When we first walked into the building we were amazed at the size of the factory / warehouse. Having two buyers of TH in the car on the way over, of course our priority was to seek out anything in relationship to TH. We inquired about it to find out that it's only the revised playfield artwork. I was hoping for a little more, but was told it would revile too much of what is in the third movie. I must say, I was blown away by the detail in the pictures/artwork. You almost feel like you could reach in there and grab a handful of gold or get wet by putting your finger in the rapids... pictures truly are an injustice to its depth and clarity. After that we wandered over to the production line and as we rounded the corner, an employee named Ken introduced himself and asked if we would like a guided tour. He was a kind well mannered gentleman who not only lead us around, but explained in detail how each station worked and brief history in getting the production line up and running. While at any particular station, Ken would tell a story of how that station evolved or what is being done to improve it. I like knowing that Jack is filling his ranks with knowledgeable passionate pinball enthusiast.

Bill 082-272.jpg 262 KB

Bill 077.jpg 220 KB

Bill 078.jpg 312 KB

Bill 079.jpg 197 KB

Bill 080.jpg 257 KB

Bill 081.jpg 202 KB

Bill 074.jpg 287 KB

Bill 075.jpg 216 KB

Bill 053.jpg 251 KB

Bill 054.jpg 206 KB

Bill 055.jpg 249 KB

Bill 056.jpg 226 KB

Bill 058.jpg 240 KB

Bill 060.jpg 232 KB

Bill 063.jpg 273 KB

Bill 064.jpg 237 KB

Bill 065.jpg 236 KB

Bill 066.jpg 260 KB

Bill 083.jpg 239 KB

Bill 086.jpg 227 KB

Bill 094.jpg 235 KB

Bill 092.jpg 156 KB

Hottie alert in that last pic on the ACDC!

#22 5 years ago

Sounds silly, but I think those little barrels that will be on the pop bumpers are pretty damn cool. Those will be bobbing up and down like they are in the water? Hilarious and cool.

#23 5 years ago

I can't wait to play this game.

If I love it, it will be my first JJP game.

#24 5 years ago

I hope they keep the Hobbit logo/title there under the apron on the pf. This pf will make for a great piece of wall art on its own!

#25 5 years ago

Did anyone else notice this in the back of the playfield schematic photo? At first I thought it was some sort of arrow, but it looks like a dragon head and neck. If this is correct, Smaug's head is centered in the playfield and juts out from the section on the left.
image-515.jpg

#26 5 years ago

It's probably his tail which is on top of the diverter. So his tail is diverting the ball back to the playfield.

#27 5 years ago

Nice to hear only 60 games left to finally fulfill orders. And it good that sales are strong enough to need to renew the woz license.

#28 5 years ago

10507100_811018532261992_5252545875976018325_o.jpg10507100_811018532261992_5252545875976018325_o.jpg

#29 5 years ago

Thanks for the photos. I'm stoked about my pre-order and nice to know they are finishing up the WOZECLEs.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

It's probably his tail which is on top of the diverter. So his tail is diverting the ball back to the playfield.

I actually believe it is the head, not the tail. I think that the VUK near Smaug is intended as the "kill shot" where you can hit him where his scale is missing.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I actually believe it is the head, not the tail. I think that the VUK near Smaug is intended as the "kill shot" where you can hit him where his scale is missing.

I would agree with this and the kill shot would be the purpose of the upper right flipper.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Quoted from pinballer0415:

I would agree with this and the kill shot would be the purpose of the upper right flipper.

I wonder if the left outlane kickback where it says "load arrow" has anything to do with the kill shot?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

It could very well be. With the updated playfield there is now another possible shot to the right of the VUK shot. Could that shot be the "kill" shot? It may also not be a shot but instead bring balls that go into Smaug from the upper left divertor to the subway.

Updated playfield

shot_1.jpg

Original playfield

shot_2.jpg

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

That makes sense. Also in the playfield layouts Smaug's head is facing the center, not the left.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I wonder if the left outlane kickback where it says "load arrow" has anything to do with the kill shot?

The "load arrow" kickback could be used to launch balls into the game that go down the wire ramp way on the left (looks like there could be some kind of ball lock feature up there) into the outlane. So to load an arrow you'd have to shoot the right center ramp, ball is diverted to the left and goes down the outlane to the kickback and comes back up.
Something you may need to accomplish to start a mode or something to kill Smaug but I think the actual kill shot would be the Smaug VUK (the targets are blocking the other hole in the Smaug area so that can't be it).

#35 5 years ago

The things that constantly amazes me is that the more updates I see, the more I want to know. Hobbit will be my first NIB pin (my fourth overall, though I'm currently pinless). Everything looks amazing and my only complaint is that I was so late getting in my preorder.

Keep up the great work, Jack.

#36 5 years ago

I'm hoping the Smaug toy will be looking around via a moving head maybe even both a head and moving tail diverter or sorts. The 4 pop ups on the playfield is very cool, can't wait to get mine. Man waiting on this, The Predator, TBL, and if the next Stern is TWD 2015 will be a great year.

#37 5 years ago

- post removed -

Post edited by moderator: Spreading unfounded and possibly damaging rumors is not allowed here. Also see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2/page/25#post-1840407

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Post Removed

Why post this with a newly formed Pinside account and with no details? Without details it is slander and/or inflammatory.
With legitimate details then it would be news.

#39 5 years ago

A new troll?

#40 5 years ago

Old troll new identity

#41 5 years ago
#42 5 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Post Removed.

Last I checked, you can sue anyone for anything. Even if this is true, it proves nothing. It is the outcome of the trial that determines who is right.

The moderators should remove that post as inflammatory.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Post Removed.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS POST? Please provide a link to the story if it is true.

#44 5 years ago

Spam, not true. Move along

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS POST? Please provide a link to the story if it is true.

Your all caps sentence hurts my eyes. Expect a call from my lawyer. I'll be suing for emotional distress and compensation for cucumber slices on my eyelids and a foot massage.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Did anyone else notice this in the back of the playfield schematic photo? At first I thought it was some sort of arrow, but it looks like a dragon head and neck. If this is correct, Smaug's head is centered in the playfield and juts out from the section on the left.

image-515.jpg 10 KB

Picture from old and new playfield layout says otherwise

20131213_Playfield layout 2.jpg

20140430 Playfield layout.jpg

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

After he's done googling 'how to sue', he'll likely reply with more details. Once he realizes that lawyers charge real money, you'll never hear another peep.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your all caps sentence hurts my eyes. Expect a call from my lawyer. I'll be suing for emotional distress and compensation for cucumber slices on my eyelids and a foot massage.

Received your retainer. Thanks.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Picture from old and new playfield layout says otherwise

Good catch. I actually spent a few minutes yesterday trying to find a clear pic of Smaug's tail, but couldn't get anything definitive so gave up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside