You

Topic poll

“Purchasing a Wonka SE?”

• Yes 8 votes
    23%
  • No 27 votes
    77%

(35 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prinzfred.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

My experience with JJP games is that parts are slow to get and costly. Hard when previously I had a game nearly twice the cost of Stern Pro (WOZ ruby red) waiting weeks on parts. When a game can not earn for weeks at a time and then parts cost more than weekly earnings, it is not a great business model. I have heard / seen enough horror stories from other local operators to steer clear for now. My older Bally / Williams games and Stern have been more reliable with parts available quickly from multiple locations. I might own a JJP at home, but for now will not operate.

#12 4 years ago

I should have noted we have a mix of 20+ pins at my location. Stern Pros and Premiums, Bally / Williams (mostly DMD from 90s), and the Chicago Gaming Remakes. All have been pretty reliable and parts are readily available (generally quicker and cheaper than JJP).

The new JJP pricing for the Wonka ($7,500) aligns closely with the Stern Premiums and Chicago Gaming, so a step in the right direction. But still have the concerns about part pricing / timing and quality control from the factory.

Also the depreciation / resale markert on NIB and higher end games (say $7K and above) seems to have slowed. Whereas 90s era DMD games can be purchased, fixed up, and sold for close to the same cost. The loss on Stern Pros NIBs seems smaller than premiums, LEs, etc. $2-$3K loss on purchase vs. sell for higher end games also eats away at weekly profits.

I think Stern has the right business model. Get Pros into the wild for operators at good price and exposes potential buyers to buy one for home (or upgrade to premium). . . The LEs seem to already be spoken for at release. I have had a number of people come into the arcade try out a game and then but one for home.

#13 4 years ago

I applaud JJP for what they are doing to push the industry in new directions and supply premium games. I enjoy playing some of their games . . . and may buy some for home in the future.

But I ask people when they are conceding buying a JJP LE for home, would you rather have that or two Stern Pros for virtually the same price? Or how about 3 Williams DMD games?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prinzfred.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wonka-se-attracting-ops-?tu=prinzfred and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.