You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1710.JPG
38.jpg
37.jpg
36.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vt8man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 12 years ago

Looking pretty sweet to me!

WOZ #506

#26 12 years ago

Not to be a Tron nerd, but isn't it a "recognizer"?

So in NimblePin's case, wouldn't a rectal-recognizer be in search of a shitty outlook?

Similar to the disease, Rectal Cornelitis.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I requested #969 and its mine.

Nice number pic Silverballer!

I was just teasing you guys on the recognizer thing. The Rectifier was actually the name of the big ship they were on in the Legacy. (I looked it up...lol)

It's definitely recognizing that $1000, and maybe the ball? Via PinGame Journal:

Stern Pinball, Inc. appoints World Renowned Game Designer George Gomez Vice President of Game Development

http://www.pingamejournal.com/update/

Interesting. I'd say even if Jersey Jack Pinball does nothing else, they've kicked Stern into shaking things up. Let's just hope that Gary isn't right about his prognostication of (paraphrased) "if another pinball manufacturer comes on the scene, it'll dilute the market and both companies will fold".

I'm curious to see what the Tron orders are up against the WOZ. I see a lot of interest in Tron as well on RGP and Pinside, although I think the excitement around WOZ is higher and the number of "iffy" people are definitely higher on Tron.

It seems also that people are trying to figure out what is the difference between the LE Tron and the Pro model - after it's release???? Why is that? People are also searching the web for a video of the game being played. Have we seen much here?????

Gary needs to push the marketing a little harder, but if there is no innovation in the game, this could be why there is a lack of it, or a rush to compete with JJP, or is there not much to show? I've met Jersey Jack personally at Allentown, can't say I've met Gary, now that was cool. Jersey Jack tells me I can tour the factory when I can get up there. I didn't ask him, he mentioned it to me. Jack is actively involved in the WOZ owners group on google groups, and replies to posts constantly. He also doesn't promise anything he doesn't think he can accomplish. Although he is listening to our comments, suggestions, and is using some of that input in the game design. He is creating his own demand for a game that's not even complete. (Did I mention you can call him personally at any time, and he will return your call within a day or so if you miss him.)

Gary sounds like he's tired, or just isn't up to it. I'm sorry to say, he sounds a little scared, and he shouldn't be, a more positive attitude would bleed out to the customers, I think it's working for JJP.

Maybe those numbers of the sales on Tron and WOZ might prove Gary's statement. Plus, all you veterans in the pinball community - tell me! Do you have more players in your leagues today, than several years ago? Is pinball growing in the number of followers?

Things like PAPA/Pinburgh turnout, the people attending these massive shows that I usually can't get to on the west coast and in the midwest, are they seeing growth? I think to say both companies would fold is short sighted. I don't even mention our fellow European pinheads across the pond.

Sounds silly to make a statement like that because the demand here, (I think) is directly related to the quality of the game design. People do not want to pay Stern for a pin that looks like the last four models with different movie slapped across it.

For example, I love the Tron theme, much more than Wizard of Oz, but yet I took the gamble on WOZ. Why? Well maybe Gary should think a second. The pinball community is screaming for something new and fun.

The current buzz on Tron, is most are trying to figure out what the recognizer is doing in the back of the game. The consensus so far is it just moves slightly back and forth, and they think it follows the ball as it hits switches. Players definitely are looking for it to interact with the ball, but it doesn't look that way. They like the EL wiring, which is only on the LE model???? Come on, people are screaming for these additions and you say there is no demand? I'm confused.

Hopefully George Gomez can do something about it. It is an exciting time for pinball.

Indeed.

#46 12 years ago

The mail three days ago said the same, and the price goes up at the end of the month to $7500. He's around 800 machines sold so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vt8man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-whitewood-hotness?tu=vt8man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.