Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by v8torino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1710.JPG
38.jpg
37.jpg
36.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

This just popped into my e-mail from JJP. The Emerald City Editions sound like they are going to have some awesome goodies!!!

Greetings Pinball Fans,

This week we report on some of what's going on at the JJP Midwest Campus as the game design and development continues at a fever pitch.

The whitewood game is shooting and the Design Team are working on many elements and aspects of the game as it is no longer just a one dimensional drawing or a 3D Model.

The continued input from every member of the Team as well as the level of new things that are created is amazing. Jack said " my head is spinning like Dorothy's house".

Chris Granner continues to make music, Greg and Keith are working to place inserts in the playfield with a careful touch to incorporate rules as Greg gets ready to take pencil to paper to layout the artwork for the playfield.

Jerry Vanderstelt is working to complete his seven works of art on canvas, now all in color and lots of mechanical drawings are going to Vendors to create all kinds of parts for game production.

Many people have asked what makes these 1,000 Emerald City games unique and collectible, here are some of the things that make them special and prized:

-Limited to 1,000 games with each game having a special numbered plaque affixed to the game, on the front of the cabinet - # of 1,000 etc....

-Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity by design team with each game. This will be produced in a special collectible way.

-Body armor treated in a special finish that Matt has chosen with Jerry. The four legs, side rails, hinges, lockdown bar, etc.

-The back glass is in a special mirror effect finish.

-A custom Topper which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

-Included Shaker Motor which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

A number of other things are under consideration such as inclusion of non-glare playfield glass, goodie-bag, spare parts package, leg protectors, etc. are in the mix and we will disclose them in coming weeks.

JJP is proud to announce that Norb from KingPin Games, Inc. has been added as a factory authorized distributor. Based in North Freedom Wisconsin, Norb is a well known industry veteran who loves Pinball. See www.kingpingames.net.

More details during the week when we announce several more JJP distributors.

This past week game orders topped 800 and there are requests Internationally for an additional 360 games which will be allocated to allow for individuals to buy games but time is growing shorter to lock in a game for those who have not yet done so.

Stay tuned, much more coming soon.

Lower left playfield detail of whitewood game. Shown without plastic set detail.
36.jpg

Quick shot of Matt and his first version of "Jumper Trumpers" (Jumping Tree Bumpers)
37.jpg

Closeup of preliminary Clay Model for " Jumper Trumpers"
38.jpg

#2 8 years ago

The fact that we are going to get a game that we don't have to do anything too is AWESOME! I can't wait!

#3 8 years ago

Looking Better and Better everytime.Amazing!!

#4 8 years ago

All I can say is WOW !!!!!!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The fact that we are going to get a game that we don't have to do anything too is AWESOME! I can't wait!

YES!!! If there were any doubts left in my mind about my pre-order they have been completely eradicated. Cannot wait to play this beast!

#6 8 years ago

IF they send it with PDI glass that is just madness. LEDs -check. Sound bar speaker upgrade -check. Topper -check. Shaker motor -check. Spare parts -check....... Nothing to change out of the box...CHECK!
A M A Z I N G ! in the least. Go JJ Go JJ Go JJ.... I'm doing the running man right now in from of my TOM

#7 8 years ago

I forsee a JJ collection in my future..... JJ is also my initials. it's meant to be.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I forse a JJ collection in my future..... JJ is also my initials. it's meant to be.

My initials are JJ too! I could see myself going all JJP in the future as well. If they set the bar this high on the first one, imagine what future machines will be like!

#9 8 years ago

I just did a dance with my bulldogs and they think I am on crack.

#10 8 years ago

Waiting the summer out for WOZ

IMG_1710.JPG

#11 8 years ago

Ha! Your dogs are awesome. Bulldogs are great. Them and Shar Peis are my favorites. Unfortunately, I am dogless at the moment since the ex took the pooch in the divorce. One day I will have another though!

#12 8 years ago

i was told pdi glass was included, now it's a possible inclusion. i don't mind if it is regular glass, so long as there is no glare from the massive 26 inch screen. i guess it will get figured out when there is a functioning prototype.

looking better all the time.

woz#998

#13 8 years ago

And now over 800 machines sold.....

Patience! This is why I'm keeping plenty of dry powder....the world of pinball is a changin....and with Stern having to adapt there is gonna be plenty of awesome new titles comin down the road fellas...

Woz #81

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Patience! This is why I'm keeping plenty of dry powder....the world of pinball is a changin....and with Stern having to adapt there is gonna be plenty of awesome new titles comin down the road fellas...

This is why I keep trying to resist buying the Tron:LE with every fiber of my being. It seems like there is going to be something amazing just around the corner. Perhaps we are on the bleeding edge of the next golden age of pinball!

WOZ #647

#15 8 years ago

Looks pretty cool!

WOZ #737

#16 8 years ago

Keeps getting better with every update! I really hope the non-glare glass is included--the 26-inch LCD has got to put out some glare...

#17 8 years ago

Any ideas how much the non-LE version will be?

#18 8 years ago

Is he only making 1000 or more. For the people who want later next year.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from CplusE:

Is he only making 1000 or more. For the people who want later next year.

There will only be 1,000 of the Emerald City Limited Edition machines. He hasn't announced anything regarding the next run of machines, but Jack has said they will keep building WOZ machines (non Emerald City editions) until interest wanes.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Any ideas how much the non-LE version will be?

Haven't heard anything about the price for a non LE. Right now they're just focused on the Emerald City machines...

#20 8 years ago

Looking pretty sweet to me!

WOZ #506

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

but Jack has said they will keep building WOZ machines (non Emerald City editions) until interest wanes.

Do you think WOZ could outlast and be the highest produced Pin to date? I think if JJP and the team put together is doing what they seem to be doing and make this Pin top shelf it could bring a lot of people back to the world of Pinball and be the beginning of something GREAT!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I just did a dance with my bulldogs and they think I am on crack.

That is hilarious coast!
Man it is too bad I am away from my computer to post a pic of my love for this latest update!

Edit: Now I am back home! So enjoy this clip coast!!! (...This is what I originally thought of when you posted!)

I guess I don't get to mod anything on this magical pin... Bummer.
Get the TRON as well Binksy- whether it be pro or LE. You only live once!
Man 2012 is gonna rock so hard!
It is too bad BD is off the site... I would have loved to hear his take on this news!
Thanks Jack and the crew!!!
My socks are officially knocked off!
Congrats on the future success!
(whispering)
Get the second game ready already!!!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Get the TRON as well Binksy- whether it be pro or LE. You only live once!

I'm waiting for your full review before making a decision. There hasn't been anything other than a vid and a pic so far for it. I'm more curious about the LE specific modes, if the rectifier actually does anything, etc. It would be nice to know if the LE really is worth the extra chunk of change.

You're like a devil sitting on my shoulder trying to get me to buy this thing and there's no angel on the other shoulder telling me not to.

#24 8 years ago

Wow, those jumping tree bumpers are gonna be cool!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

if the rectifier actually does anything,

Yes, it takes a $1000 out of your wallet and doesn't give it back!!!
Talk about a rectal-rectifier!
Wah-Wahhh...

#26 8 years ago

Not to be a Tron nerd, but isn't it a "recognizer"?

So in NimblePin's case, wouldn't a rectal-recognizer be in search of a shitty outlook?

Similar to the disease, Rectal Cornelitis.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from VT8man:

Not to be a Tron nerd, but isn't it a "recognizer"?
So in NimblePin's case, wouldn't a rectal-recognizer be in search of a shitty outlook?

Ha! Guess I'm not up on my Tron lingo.

#28 8 years ago

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything to embarrass the Gungan!
So I let it slide...
VT8 might just be TRONguy in disguise!
That or CLU...
"I did everything... Everything you ever asked..."

#29 8 years ago

Better wrong here than wrong when I buy. Ye'gads what'a me'sa saying?!?

Hopefully the *ahem* RECOGNIZER does more than just consume $1,000.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Do you think WOZ could outlast and be the highest produced Pin to date? I think if JJP and the team put together is doing what they seem to be doing and make this Pin top shelf it could bring a lot of people back to the world of Pinball and be the beginning of something GREAT!

No way. It would have to sell 20k units, not possible. The fact that route operators probably won't buy very many of them means that most of the sales will have to be to the home...there are only 5000 or so people on rgp, meaning that it would be awfully hard to sell more than that. Plus the price point is pretty high for the average player, at ~4k I'd be in probably, at the $6.5k I can't be in (at least not this round, maybe next game). I would guess that he'll sell around 5k units if the non-le is priced right (less than 5k). If the non-le is $6k as well, then I'm not sure if he'll get close to 5k units. There's only a finite amount of money in the hobby, 5000 machines at 6k apiece is 30 million, obviously that would take a significant chunk of money out of the used/new Stern market.

#31 8 years ago

With te LE game play, it will be the same correct? And we can add LED later or props if we don't get this version. I know u get allot of extra stuff. But just the game and game play is what I'm looking for. I heard a pod cast when Jj said he does not care if some people can't afford his game. I was turn off by this statement, but seeing and reading everything about it I think i would love having this pin and my lil girl would love it too. Just because I don't have 8,000 by Xmas does not mean I don't want to enjoy a great pin at home too. I don't know him personally but if he loves pinball as much as we do. I would think he would care about the rest of use who are not able to spend $ like that, but loves pinball as next to the person who can afford it at this time. Just ???

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

No way. It would have to sell 20k units, not possible. The fact that route operators probably won't buy very many of them means that most of the sales will have to be to the home...there are only 5000 or so people on rgp, meaning that it would be awfully hard to sell more than that. Plus the price point is pretty high for the average player, at ~4k I'd be in probably, at the $6.5k I can't be in (at least not this round, maybe next game). I would guess that he'll sell around 5k units if the non-le is priced right (less than 5k). If the non-le is $6k as well, then I'm not sure if he'll get close to 5k units. There's only a finite amount of money in the hobby, 5000 machines at 6k apiece is 30 million, obviously that would take a significant chunk of money out of the used/new Stern market.

I'd agree with this assessment. There's no way this will become the highest production run pin ever. I believe TAF holds that distinction with around 20,000 units produced. I can't imagine we'll ever see those kinds of numbers again.

IMO WOZ ends up somewhere in the 3-4K range including the 1K for the initial run. Something tells me the non-Emerald City machines still aren't going to be cheap by any means. I would expect them to still be in the 5K+ realm if I had to guess.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from VT8man:

Is that like "Cranial Rectitus"LOL

#34 8 years ago

It sure looks like they're going to keep their promise of a pinball machine designed without compromise. Filled with any idea and not saving anything. "Wasting" all those targets, inserts/lights and a bumper on an outlane gimmick is definetly not a sign of cost saving policy.

Though I must say, that the LCD can turn out a dreadful addition to the pinball as a format. We'll have to wait an see what usage and looks it turns out to have.

Those tree figures seem somewhat fragile sitting on a bumper and with airballs flying around. Regardless of their material.

Though WOZ looks damn nice. I'm even more curious regarding their next machine with a promised original design. I just hope they do not burn out all cherries on this one.

#35 8 years ago

I am starting to get pretty pumped from Jack's updates. The whitewood is a good sign that everything is progressing as scheduled. The jumping trees do sound cool and can hopefully withstand the beating they are going to receive. I requested #969 and its mine.

#36 8 years ago

This is all quite exciting. An Emerald City limited edition just isn't in the cards* for me, but hopefully by the time it's in production, i'll be able to get one of the standard version ones.
Assuming it's as cool as hoped. Seeing the layout, i'm not too worried about layout or flow. My biggest fear is the ruleset; Keith Johnson did the software for LoTR and TSPP, and I found the ruleset on both of those to be mindbogglingly complex, with a wizard mode hopelessly out of reach.

Looking over the playfield layout, what really strikes me is the number of standup targets. There are:

6 on the left outlane
4 above the left outlane (if i'm reading the diagram right)
7 R-A-I-N-B-O-W
6 on mini playfield R-E-S-C-U-E
3 on the witch
1 to the left of the ramp

My god! Thats 27 standup targets, 15 on the main playfield! Are there any DMD-era games that have come close to that many targets? I can't think of any! The closest I can think of to that is Frankenstein with 13 (if I recall correctly).

I do like standup targets, so i'm by no means opposed to this - interested to see how it plays out.

*Specifically, cards like Visa, Mastercard...

Edit: fixed inaccurate reference to the number of targets on The Shadow. It's no longer a contender. Can anyone think of a machine with more than 13 standup targets and a DMD?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from CplusE:

With te LE game play, it will be the same correct?

No it will have an extra "Blackout" mode...
By completing the Daft Punk letters The GI goes out while the ramps stay lit.
It also plays a bonus track "Castor" during the mode...
I can't wait!

As for JJP... All I need now is a free T-Shirt taped to the PF to make this machine/news that much sweeter!!!

"Jumper Trumpers" UNITE!

#38 8 years ago

Looks like WOZ is really shaping up - you folks are really lucky to be in line now and not latter

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I requested #969 and its mine.

Nice number pic Silverballer!

I was just teasing you guys on the recognizer thing. The Rectifier was actually the name of the big ship they were on in the Legacy. (I looked it up...lol)

It's definitely recognizing that $1000, and maybe the ball? Via PinGame Journal:

Stern Pinball, Inc. appoints World Renowned Game Designer George Gomez Vice President of Game Development

http://www.pingamejournal.com/update/

Interesting. I'd say even if Jersey Jack Pinball does nothing else, they've kicked Stern into shaking things up. Let's just hope that Gary isn't right about his prognostication of (paraphrased) "if another pinball manufacturer comes on the scene, it'll dilute the market and both companies will fold".

I'm curious to see what the Tron orders are up against the WOZ. I see a lot of interest in Tron as well on RGP and Pinside, although I think the excitement around WOZ is higher and the number of "iffy" people are definitely higher on Tron.

It seems also that people are trying to figure out what is the difference between the LE Tron and the Pro model - after it's release???? Why is that? People are also searching the web for a video of the game being played. Have we seen much here?????

Gary needs to push the marketing a little harder, but if there is no innovation in the game, this could be why there is a lack of it, or a rush to compete with JJP, or is there not much to show? I've met Jersey Jack personally at Allentown, can't say I've met Gary, now that was cool. Jersey Jack tells me I can tour the factory when I can get up there. I didn't ask him, he mentioned it to me. Jack is actively involved in the WOZ owners group on google groups, and replies to posts constantly. He also doesn't promise anything he doesn't think he can accomplish. Although he is listening to our comments, suggestions, and is using some of that input in the game design. He is creating his own demand for a game that's not even complete. (Did I mention you can call him personally at any time, and he will return your call within a day or so if you miss him.)

Gary sounds like he's tired, or just isn't up to it. I'm sorry to say, he sounds a little scared, and he shouldn't be, a more positive attitude would bleed out to the customers, I think it's working for JJP.

Maybe those numbers of the sales on Tron and WOZ might prove Gary's statement. Plus, all you veterans in the pinball community - tell me! Do you have more players in your leagues today, than several years ago? Is pinball growing in the number of followers?

Things like PAPA/Pinburgh turnout, the people attending these massive shows that I usually can't get to on the west coast and in the midwest, are they seeing growth? I think to say both companies would fold is short sighted. I don't even mention our fellow European pinheads across the pond.

Sounds silly to make a statement like that because the demand here, (I think) is directly related to the quality of the game design. People do not want to pay Stern for a pin that looks like the last four models with different movie slapped across it.

For example, I love the Tron theme, much more than Wizard of Oz, but yet I took the gamble on WOZ. Why? Well maybe Gary should think a second. The pinball community is screaming for something new and fun.

The current buzz on Tron, is most are trying to figure out what the recognizer is doing in the back of the game. The consensus so far is it just moves slightly back and forth, and they think it follows the ball as it hits switches. Players definitely are looking for it to interact with the ball, but it doesn't look that way. They like the EL wiring, which is only on the LE model???? Come on, people are screaming for these additions and you say there is no demand? I'm confused.

Hopefully George Gomez can do something about it. It is an exciting time for pinball.

Indeed.

#40 8 years ago

Keep the updates coming JJP.
I'll fortunately have one locally to try out when it is released.

#41 8 years ago

Anyone want to donate a WOZ to my game room? You can play it any time you want.

The trees are awesome, the whitewood is sweet, the melting witch is classic. Totally worth every penny, just wish I had the coin to swing it.

#42 8 years ago

Are all these Emerald City games spoken for??

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Anyone want to donate a WOZ to my game room?

I was just about to suggest the same myself. Do you think JJP would be interested in a big advertising space on the Pinside home page in exchange for a WOZ?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Are all these Emerald City games spoken for??

I believe JJP has sold over 800 of the 1,000 so far. If your gonna get on I would NOW

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I believe JJP has sold over 800 of the 1,000 so far. If your gonna get on I would NOW

i heard it was 800 plus over 300 international with possible drop outs around the refund date. Might be outa luck already

#46 8 years ago

The mail three days ago said the same, and the price goes up at the end of the month to $7500. He's around 800 machines sold so far.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Do you think JJP would be interested in a big advertising space on the Pinside home page in exchange for a WOZ?

Couldn't hurt to ask.

#48 8 years ago

Try the pinball Company if JJP is out of them on his site.. Nic Might have some reserved.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Couldn't hurt to ask.

Agreed I think Robin Should call Jack and ask!
How many Pinsiders have pre ordered WOZ?

#50 8 years ago

Someone post a poll yes or no?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside