Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sticky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

I don't think it's allowed on pinside, as it was deleted. Pm me if you must know.

This is so stupid. Why the hell can't we talk about it?

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Because that information was not supposed to be publically released yet. I'm pretty sure that pissing off the second-largest pinball manufacturer is not one of Pinsde's priorities.

I'm here to learn about pinball and not have others decide what information about pinball I'm 'allowed' to see. Regardless, there are other sources for this information.

It's impossible to suppress this and heavy handed anyway. If that is the way JJP does business and treats fans of the game then no thanks, they can keep it.

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Agreed... If its what I found on another site, it sounds more like a supporting tech thing and not related to a specific game, so why not, it would be interesting to speculate... Kind of like how people on other sites speculate on what new features the (name your gadget) my get next year based on some obscure patent app someone dug up.
    Oh well, It could be that they don't yet have all intellectual properties that go into it fully protected yet and want to keep their edge which is understandable. I will speculate to myself then...

They'll let you have a 10081080138401 page thread on Alien but we can't talk about this? I mean, how much money does JJP make off people reading about their products here?

It's not a nuclear secret. It's an upcoming pinball machine.

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I take it that you won't be buying any games from Stern, Spooky, Heighway or any other manufacturer either then? Because they all do exactly the same thing: release information about upcoming games when they deem it appropriate to do so. Manufacturers OWN that information, so yes, they are perfectly entitled to decide what they want to share with the public. If that information gets leaked then they are completely within their rights to try to limit the damage that the leak causes to their business, and Pinside are doing the right thing by assisting JJP with that.

I'll buy from whomever I feel is oriented toward sharing details with pinball enthusiasts and supporting the community. Heighway doesn't prevent anyone talking about Alien and at least explains why they can only share certain things due to Fox. They still provide updates and answer questions.

What damage is a leak doing exactly? If anything, it just builds excitement. Maybe you haven't noticed but people discuss tables years before the table is actually released? People already know. Everyone knows a third game is coming. Seems JJP is still in business.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from KerryD:

While I am all for early details, I would imagine the companies all try and make sure something has the bugs worked out (well, most of them) before push info out. Early on, Smaug was going to do all kinds of crazy things, but had to be adjusted in the end. I think waiting is the right call, but they always manage to "leak" a nugget or two...

Ok this kind of makes sense but what bugs are you experiencing with a bit of information? You aren't actually playing the game rather just talking about it in a preliminary fashion.

If you really want to talk about bugs doesn't Stern release info AND tables before they are actually ready? Has this even slowed them down?

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Just in case you didn't notice: The information you were referring to was posted now, it's being discussed and the thread is still open. To my understanding that is what you wanted, you can join in the wild (and for the most part ridiculous) speculation that's going on now.

Awesome, so it reinforces my point. The world isn't ending with the info being out. Yay we can talk about pinball on a pinball forum. Crazy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sticky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=sticky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.