Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:Spoke to Jack a few months ago about TH, and he said that he thinks that WOZ and TH are great - and he is proud of them, but he is really excited about Pat's game.
    To me that says a lot.

Seriously? Jack is a sales guy through and through, whatever they are working on it always going to be the greatest pinball machine ever.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Jack said that Pat's game will be shown "before the end of the year".

While Jack has not given any hard dates on this third game, JJP has missed many of the timeframes like this he has put out there. Bottom line, any date regarding anything associated with JJP should never been taken seriously. The fact things are different on game three, could well be tied to the fact that Jack is not really running the company anymore. Do I think there is a chance we see something at expo, sure, would I put any none on it, no way. Of course, since he constantly throws out timeframes, at some point it will happen and someone jump in to say say "see, he said it would be by X and its as"

Given that TH code was not done when shipped (and still not?), hard to see how this third game's code could be anywhere close to being done (even if they have added developers), at least not if this is going to be the greatest pinball machine ever!

1 week later
    #357 7 years ago

This conversation on TH reminds me of my TSPP experience. Everyone was talking about how great a game it was. I finally got to play on location and thought 'bleh', not a lot of flow, odd shots, so much going on, etc. and I just did not get why it was so highly thought of. Then I read up on the rules and it totally changed my perspective of the game, and then I started to really enjoy it.

Some games can be fun just given the layouts without knowing the rules (e.g. many fan games), others you need to understand the rules to enjoy it.

#363 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Rules and code have nothing to do with it. I don't find the shots interesting. I don't find the playfield interesting. Code does not change that.

my personal experience is that my perspective of if a playfield is interesting, has changed, once I understood the rules. But I certainly understand if you have never experienced that kind of a epiphany where your perspective of the playfield changed.

#378 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I would say the opposite is true; a kick-ass ruleset is the only thing that can save a fan layout.

You're right, poor example, only true for a novice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.