Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, let them get more Hobbits out the door before derailing sales on it.

Multiple games for customers to chose from is good for business, not bad. Anyone who wants Hobbit will buy Hobbit. Someone who has no interest in Hobbit might want another choice. Stern has like 10 games in production. No game is derailing the other.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. But the hobbit is still relatively new. And until the JJP 3 is close to shipping and the hobbits preorders are close to being complete it wouldn't be good business for a reveal now. Some people would cancel there hobbit order for it, and that doesn't mean more money for JJP.
    Same reason why stern hasn't announced their first LCD game yet, a big bulk of GB preorders would disappear.
    Jack said in an interview that they might announce a couple months before shipping because they need to get an understanding of the interest for ordering parts etc

You're assuming all pin buyers are the fickle group of maniacs that populate this forum. We're a minor fraction of the market. These companies can't run a business off of us. No pinball company is worried about one of their games affecting their other games. By your logic, Ghostbusters should have destroyed Game of Thrones sales...and GOT sales should have killed off Kiss sales. No, they're a factory with multiple products for sale. More products = more choice for customers. Ghostbusters (and 8 or 9 other titles) will still be in production when the LCD game arrives, because Stern always has tons of games available at any given time. If the rumored LCD game is Aerosmith, and a potential pinball customer doesn't give a rats ass about Aerosmith - they're *STILL* going to buy a GB, ST, Met, TWD, GOT with a red DMD if any of those are a theme they like. Jack has 2 LCD games out now...are THOSE killing off Stern's GB sales? Not even remotely. Is Hobbit killing WOZ sales? They're still making WOZ! Jack wants to have a "portfolio" of product available for potential customers. 3 games is better than 2. Besides, when Lawlor Mystery is unveiled Hobbit and WOZ will STILL be for sale! When JJP #4 is revealed, I'm sure the previous 3 games will still be for sale!

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm not so sure how true this is. I have a friend that is buying one stern pro. He is torn between twd pro and gb pro. It will be one or the other. This has to be fairly common.

So? That's one person who was going to buy one game. Stern gets the sale, they don't care what theme is slapped on the box. There are thousands of other customers. Someone else will buy the title your friend didn't.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

It's the long-awaited Golden Girls pin everyone and their mother has been clamoring for.

I know you're joking, but my girlfriend WOULD buy that. She's obsessed with Golden Girls! Press start - "Thank you for beeeing a frieeeend!!!"

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

If you're set up for it. The impression I get is they can only one one game at a time right now. I mean, they stopped making WoZ to run Hobbit.

Hmm...well that's not good...but that's a problem with their factory - multiple choices for customers is the best business plan. If you do one game at a time - if one bombs, you're done. There's a reason Stern can survive a bomb...previous games are still on the line - and the next one is coming up!

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was told that there are things we've never seen before in it and will be revealed October 14th.

That's Lawlor's personal design rule. Always include a feature that's never been seen! I'm definitely excited to see what he's been cooking up!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Pennies????? More like wads of $100s.
    If JJP contributed any one factor to the pinball community, it was helping jack the price of pins through the MFing roof. Yes, it is the buyers fault for buying the games, but man, they sure exposed what people were willing to pay....

As long as resale prices hold, pinball buyers aren't scared by high prices. It's all relative. If we enter a zone where a $8k NIB game is only worth $3k on resale, the whole deal will fall apart and NIB sales will plummet.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Just stop. Your embarrassing yourself.

You're.

*cough*

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So why not to reveal it If they already know and work on it? That could help us to know If we need to save money.

Safe to assume it's just not finished yet and/or they have a specific reveal plan that does not include revealing it today.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

I honestly cannot believe that jjp will not take in dialled in money before it is shipping.

Well I'm sure he will once it's revealed...it may not be ship-ready upon reveal, kind of like GB. Not really a pre-order, but I'm sure there will be some wait. It's pinball, yo!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.