3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 3 years ago

Lawlor is inventive / creative. He's not going to have 3 years, unlimited time, money, and talent at his disposal and swing and miss... whatever 'Dialed In' is I'm sure it's cool and NEW.

To my knowledge he's created Powerball, Shaker Motor (ES), Vertical Playfield (BR), Pinball 2000 (RFM), talking heads interacting with the player (FH and RS), fan blowing in your face topper (WW), use of magnets (many), magnetized slings (TZ mini PF), board game on bg (SC), ball jump ramp shot (NGG), small sized game (SC), spinning flipper (Monopoly), Thing flips (TAF), mini pinball machine within a pinball machine (FG / Shrek).... When his ingenuity was probably stagnated by bean counters at Stern, he quit. Name one other designer that's done a fraction of the above things... cue crickets chirping...

I can tell you as a distributor, everything has been tight lipped... I knew a lot about WOZ, less about Hobbit and jack squat about Pat's game... I only know what was 'supposedly' leaked... The one positive thing I can tell you is Pat was surely excited at Expo 2015 and that's not something you always got from him despite his obvious love of pinball. That excitement translates to meaning he's got some really cool shit up his sleeve...

#154 3 years ago

Wow O-din - I just looked him up - crazy and I hate to admit it but I never heard that name and I am into vintage games too... Some of those old guys like Steve Kordek and Wayne Neyens were always my favorite to listen to at Expo seminars when they were around... It was like listening to your grandfather tell you stories on the porch... Good stuff... Thanks for a new name to research !

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He was crazy. Truly an out of the box thinker that gave us modern multiball and quite a few other features we now take for granted. I read an article from the 60s where he wanted multi level playfields, ramps, and computer sounds, but Bally kind of put the brakes on that.
    Another guy to look up is Harry Mabs. He thought it might be a good idea to add flippers to the game of pinball.

I know of Harry Mabs yes... Probably these old timers are to be much more respected for their ingenuity given they had very little to work with in that day - no computers, etc.. I have some pre-war games and I love showing them off to folks to show all they do with some springs and levers, no electricity... Cool stuff. They all deserve to be respected. Many of these guys always created new and copied nothing - which was sort of my point with Pat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    $ 5.00
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside