Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I heard it was Haunted Cell Phone.
    You have to score enough international credits to call the only qualified tech to fix it, and he's in India.
    https://trademarks.justia.com/865/07/dialed-86507109.html

"Dialed In" sounds more like a game feature than a theme. The company I work at often trademarks features that end up going into multiple products.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A little research can yield a lot more info than guessing sometimes..
    http://www.trademarkia.com/dialed-in-86507109.html

What better way to keep track of scores, achievements etc.. than to have an application on your phone that automatically communicates with the pinball machine (if that's what it does). And, it would only impact people who are interested enough to download the app.

4 weeks later
    #253 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just human nature that many potential Hobbit buyers would keep their wallet in their pants with the reveal. Not everybody can afford to buy two $8500 pinball machines.

I agree that it would affect Hobbit sales but I don't think it would bother JJP because they are still getting that buyers single purchase.

Let's say someone was on the fence between the Hobbit and GB, but may buy Pat's game once revealed. Seems better to reveal the game and get a sale (or the buyer holds their money until the game is available) than to have them give their money to a competitor.

1 week later
    #347 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's really just a matter of taste, and I'm surprised the people that are excited about their Hobbit don't see that.

I have no problem with people not liking a game I think is good. There are games I really dislike that the majority think are great.

Difference is, I may share that opinion once or twice but then try to refrain from going into threads where the game is being discussed to tell everyone how much I dislike it. Especially when the thread is mostly filled with people who like the game.

Whenever I see people who closely follow a game they dislike just to disparage it I wonder what's up with them.

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's that the ONLY people who seem to be in love with it are those who have bought it. That's a pretty unique phenomenon in this hobby.

Have you spoken with everyone who has played the Hobbit?

#392 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...you know...you're wrong here. You can apologize anytime you're ready.

My memory must have been playing tricks on me. Revisited some of the other Hobbit threads and no stalking involved just well stated opinions.

Apologies Beelzeboob.

1 month later
    #425 7 years ago

From the thread about who will steal the show at EXPO on October 13. My speculation and Lloyds response.

Quoted from Jvspin:

1) JJP will show images of game #3 but will not have a flipping prototype there.

Quoted from LTG:

They will have two there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.