Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Just a guess, but perhaps game 3 could be about technology/robots/computers taking over the world.

Perhaps it has an phone app that can be downloaded - optionally - that will enhance the game in some way? Unlocks, progression, checkpoints, scores, etc?

#153 7 years ago

Spoke to Jack a few months ago about TH, and he said that he thinks that WOZ and TH are great - and he is proud of them, but he is really excited about Pat's game.

To me that says a lot.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice guess, especially as rumor includes a robot arm in the game.

Beg your pardon?

3 weeks later
    #197 7 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

David theil said it's a special year because 5 games he has worked on wil be in production at the same time.
    Star trek, spiderman, alien, hobbit, ans Jjp3
    He has said it recently. So that means they can on production starting this year. For production to start jack said they need a orders so they will be opening up orders a little before.
    I'd put money on an expo reveal.

Didn't he do TRON as well...if by small chance there is a VE or a rerun this year (which I doubt)...wouldn't that be 6?

#247 7 years ago

Well...last year I was talking to Jack about the powder coating on the hobbit - and I asked him about game #3. His comment was rather funny. He said something like, when JJP haters see Lawlor's game they are going to stoke out! (or something to that effect). They seem to be happy with what is cooking for #3. Frankly, my next pin was going to be WOZ RR or TRON LE/VE/Whatever, but I am now waiting on #3 before making that choice.

No hurry for me, just dropped a truck of cash on a Stine poker table and chairs, and bought the hobbit (which is a freaking awesome pin -no regrets at all) - so my budget is shot till next year anyway.

EDIT: One thing I want to mention. My wife didn't play pinball much at all until she played WOZ. Now the only pins she will play are WOZ and Hobbit - those she likes. The rest - not so much. I kind of find that interesting...oh...and Galaga - she likes Galaga.

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Still waiting to see a pic of how you incorporated that Smaug bust you bought with your pin. Topper?

I decided to just display it on a pedestal and go without a topper (for now)

EDIT: I uploaded a video a few months back of the bust - it is really nice!

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Seriously? Jack is a sales guy through and through, whatever they are working on it always going to be the greatest pinball machine ever.

Frankly I consider WOZ and TH both one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. So I can see where he thinks that to be honest.

I'll go one step further - If I could trade my Hobbit for any pinball machine at all I would keep the hobbit.

#263 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's nice and all but Jack was FAMOUS for doing the "best pin ever!!!" routine on every soon-to-be-released title - EVER - when he was a Stern distributor. Didn't matter what poop was rolling off the line. It was a running joke on RGP because guys who bought every pin (D-man!) were always telling us how they were convinced to buy because Jack said 24 or WOF were going to be the best games ever to come down the pike.
    I don't disparage it all, he's a salesman, that's his job. But...grain of salt people.

I guess a broken clock is right twice a day

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Wrong coast for me... I would have to attend in spirit. Concurrent west coast party with live stream between?

Apparently you can stream right from the pinball machine itself

#287 7 years ago

True - what I remember in the leak before it was removed was a hot mess of a description and didn't help much...

#291 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PLD don't do confusing 3rd flippers.

After owning the pin for 3 weeks I can tell you the third flipper is not meaningless. You would be advised to get good at using it.

On many modes you will need to hit Dwarf targets, the left hole (VUK) using the third flipper because Keith will block those shots with the spider pop up. And the Elf targets are hard to hit as well (from any flipper), but if you can improve your third flipper SKILZ you can hit those when needed as well.

Not that the 3rd flipper would help the following but he also make you hit an orbit shot and blocks with spider and warg, and hit ramps he blocks with goblin and orc. I try to use the third flipper to hit the captive ball quickly as well as touch the left spinner for mode completion or erebor advancement.

Not at all useless, and if you don't use it the game will be harder. Just a good game all around and I wouldn't remove the third flipper (so I can see why the didn't)

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I've heard some say the third flipper (on main playfield) of WOZ is useless too but I use it all the time. Its of course the easiest shot for the witch but I also find i can typically get a good bouce off the witch and into the VUK for the castle with it. Otherwise I'm not too good at using it to get into the haunted forrest and I find it dangerous to use as a diverter (will go to TNPLH outlane). All in all a great part of the game.

I also use it to adjust my return to another location on left orbit shots. It's good to be in the game - if other's don't want to use it then don't hit the right flipper button when the ball is at the top right flipper location.

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really care either way, but clearly on a modern pinball machine with a 3rd flipper, people REALLY expect there to be a specific, go to purpose. A jackpot shot. A ramp. Something important that you can't hit with the bottom flippers.

I get your point. And I don't necessarily disagree with it. My point would be that it should not be an absolute requirement to have a shot that only that flipper can make to include it or not. I don't know if the hobbit, via software, will hit that requirement or not.

I guess I am saying it is more of a guideline than a rule

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Damn that is spot on
    Good from afar but far from good

I really don't know what the hell you guys are talking about...I guess it just boils down to what one person likes another person hates. It is the only way your thoughts make any sense to me.

Is it the best pinball machine ever, probably not. Far from good!? This is bush league psyche-out stuff!

Laughable-Man_(resized).jpgLaughable-Man_(resized).jpg

#338 7 years ago

CrazyLevi, we know you hate the hobbit, but ... you need to play the hobbit with:

1. A properly set up pitch (exactly 6.5 to 7.5 range)

2. In a controlled sound room with the exact sound settings (to avoid clipping, yet fully enjoy the audio)

3. Complete and total understanding of all the complex modes, locks, and ring functionality.

4. Appreciation for a fan layout on a pinball machine with heavy drop target usage

5. Love and appreciation of a LCD screen with enough instrumentation to make NASA engineers heads spin.

6. Tolkien and/or Peter Jackson film fan - to a fault

Then, and only then, can you appreciate that the machine is not floaty, slow, or boring.

#362 7 years ago
    Quoted from NeoGeo:

This feels like WAY TOO much work for pinball enjoyment. Memorizing 31 modes and their "stack-a-bility"? I can't. Do. That. Ever.

Relax...I was just trying to reply to CrazyLevi with the tired old argument that it has to be in ideal settings or modes understood to enjoy it. Truth is, I like it more the more I play it.

Here is the news flash - it isn't for everyone. Some will not like it (regardless of what other's say to try to convince him to like it). And in a similar fashion, people that like the hobbit (like me) don't understand why people don't have the fun we experience when playing it.

The best thing to do is play before buy - so you will find out if you like it or not - or if you love it enough to own it. Simple as that?

#367 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If people don't like it, it's because haven't played it enough, or dialed it in, or played it in the home; it's as simple as that.
    -Pinside

LOL, that's what I am sayin'

#381 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I will say that every time Smaug says "My teeth are like swords, my claws are like spears" (or whatever) I wanted to kill myself.

I don't think Smaug says that as often anymore. My understanding is that they are going to put more Smaug dialog in the game.

You do realize that people say stuff like that about the WOZ music driving them nuts. I am surprised to see you comment about JJP sounds...being such a huge WOZ fan (like me)

EDIT: Nevermind, you do seem to dislike hobbit quite a bit (but you say at least it looks good)

#400 7 years ago

All I can say is that JJP#3 better rock my world or I am getting a WOZ. WOZ is really really good

1 month later
    #426 7 years ago

I think they will have Pat's game there and playable.

#433 7 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

I think Pat is just what JJP needs, hopefully the game plays great and is a cool theme/looks good! They should have had him do the layout for the hobbit too, it had such potential to be great.

I think WOZ and Hobbit are both great pinball machines already. Amazing tech and build on JJP pins. Lawlor may take it up a notch though!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.