Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Multiple games for customers to chose from is good for business, not bad. Anyone who wants Hobbit will buy Hobbit. Someone who has no interest in Hobbit might want another choice. Stern has like 10 games in production. No game is derailing the other.

Yes. But the hobbit is still relatively new. And until the JJP 3 is close to shipping and the hobbits preorders are close to being complete it wouldn't be good business for a reveal now. Some people would cancel there hobbit order for it, and that doesn't mean more money for JJP.
    Same reason why stern hasn't announced their first LCD game yet, a big bulk of GB preorders would disappear.

Jack said in an interview that they might announce a couple months before shipping because they need to get an understanding of the interest for ordering parts etc

#24 7 years ago

Yeah, the post was real, it started off as "Here is what we know about Pat's game from the Stern insiders"

Quoted from Rarehero:

You're assuming all pin buyers are the fickle group of maniacs that populate this forum. We're a minor fraction of the market. These companies can't run a business off of us. No pinball company is worried about one of their games affecting their other games. By your logic, Ghostbusters should have destroyed Game of Thrones sales...and GOT sales should have killed off Kiss sales. No, they're a factory with multiple products for sale. More products = more choice for customers. Ghostbusters (and 8 or 9 other titles) will still be in production when the LCD game arrives, because Stern always has tons of games available at any given time. If the rumored LCD game is Aerosmith, and a potential pinball customer doesn't give a rats ass about Aerosmith - they're *STILL* going to buy a GB, ST, Met, TWD, GOT with a red DMD if any of those are a theme they like. Jack has 2 LCD games out now...are THOSE killing off Stern's GB sales? Not even remotely. Is Hobbit killing WOZ sales? They're still making WOZ! Jack wants to have a "portfolio" of product available for potential customers. 3 games is better than 2. Besides, when Lawlor Mystery is unveiled Hobbit and WOZ will STILL be for sale! When JJP #4 is revealed, I'm sure the previous 3 games will still be for sale!

Yeah I agree with you. But for JJP, until the pin is very close to shipping there is no point in taking 1 year worth of preorders for it!
    And Stern said they don't like leaks, they don't want a pin coming in a couple of months stealing the spotlight for the game they are shipping.
    Sure, they are making a lot of games at the same time. You cannot pretend that the numbers of the 8 other games are anywhere near the numbers of the 'spotlight' game (GB).

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Well the original concept was that the game had a phone jack where you plugged in a rotary phone and the pin "interfaced" with the dial on the phone. With the delays of WOZ and Hobbit, the change in technology during that vast time period has forced a rework in the design of Lawlor's Dialed In game. Expect a delay-ish.

That actually made me laugh.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I was initially fired up about Pat's new pin, but this has all taken so long I've totally lost interest...

How is it possible the lose interest in something that isn't announced?

That's like me saying I've lost interest in the next games Lyman is working on. It's been 2 years waiting for something after TWD and I've totally lost interest in whatever he is working on! Not sure what it is, but I'm bored of it already!

2 weeks later
    #169 7 years ago

Well the hobbit was even longer wasn't it? It was shown but if it's not ready to ship then they are really still working on it..

Don't think everyone should get their hopes up too high as that usually leads to disappointment. Hobbit software had 3.5 years to develop but it was still in beta when the pin was released. Not complaining. Just saying extra development time doesn't necessarily lead to a complete pin.

#172 7 years ago

Sure. I'd be happy with 1 pin a year if it's at the same quality as WoZ and TH. 2 x JJP pins a year would make me broke

1 week later
    #196 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think they will announce it this year. They need to sell as many TH games as they can before this one is unveiled. Hobbit sales will slow to a crawl when they reveal it.

David theil said it's a special year because 5 games he has worked on wil be in production at the same time.
    Star trek, spiderman, alien, hobbit, ans Jjp3
    He has said it recently. So that means they can on production starting this year. For production to start jack said they need a orders so they will be opening up orders a little before.
    I'd put money on an expo reveal.

#206 7 years ago

Pretty impressive that they have been able to keep it very secret. Even the leaked information was pretty vague.

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are we putting money on this?
    No way they announce it this year. They have too many Hobbits to sell.
    People always pick these dates out of thin air. "Expo makes sense!!!" Yes, just like it "made sense" that PPS would announce AFMr at last year's Texas show, despite the fact that they just started cranking out MMs. Remember the steam that rumor gathered?
    No, it doesn't make sense. Why make an announcement that might cost them sales of a game they've spent literally YEARS and countless $ on getting into production? They are finally rolling them (slowly) out of the door after three years, and you think they'll make an announcement that will likely slam that door shut?
    Not gonna happen.

Sure
    $50 donation to Pinside for whoever is wrong
    You pay if JJP is announced before the end of the year, December 31st midnght
    If Pay if they have't said anything by then

Deal?

#286 7 years ago

Don't think anyone 'bloged' it. Its just been exchanged through PMs etc.

You are not missing out on much - there is nothing to get excited about when someone tries to describe a pin they have never seen.

Magnets, ramps, inserts, something that blocks shots....someone telling you what shots to make....
    I don't think anyone has read it and gotten excited.
    Just wait for the reveal

#289 7 years ago

Does it have a 3rd flipper to confuse everyone?

#299 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually I was hoping to bet you. If you win, feel free to do what you want with it.
    Deal?

Ops, didn't see this

Deal!
    I dont have paypal or anything so donation to pinside or charity would be fine.

1 month later
    #424 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

JJP is hosting some sort of event this weekend (posted to their facebook and main site)... Perhaps a sneak peek might be included?

Lets hope the sneak peak isn't an application for 30 x Super LEs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.